Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era (Epilogue)  (Read 24230 times)

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 2: The First Era
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2017, 11:22:58 pm »

what will i do first to regain strength hmm... I know let create these thing I heard about before.
it starts to fill his mind and creates a small region called the underground and spends 2 acts to do so
he also starts the creation of drow / dark elves but only a handful and places them in the underground spend 2 acts
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 09:53:06 am by darkwarlock3 »
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2017, 01:32:20 am »

Regardless... Nike turns to Erin.

Your Magic is surely an expression of the will of the universe, yes? Many know my name, but my next objective shall be to make them know my name is good. He grants to the Ascended One his last Growth and Torpor Acts. I leave the details to you, Ace of Cogs, but the universe bends and shifts. The Seasons bend and shift. I will request that those who seek its power must bend and shift also - make them mindful of the Cycles of Change, so they will grow to respect them.
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2017, 03:42:27 pm »

So... That's resolved... Now, back to business... Steve? I know, I miss Sammie too... A tragedy that was.. And I do suppose that I was a bit thoughtless, not creating others like you. So, let's fix at least that, yes?

Utilizing her Power, Shal animates more Time into sentient forms, creating a veritable army of Telugorath's. While not quite as powerful individually as Steve, they are definitely far more numerous..

But... You could also use a peer I think... An equal.

Putting some thought into this one, Shal created a new Lesser Servant, one to be equal to Steve, although this one is not an embodiment of Time, but one of Space; a Teluvorta, in her words. As the distortion in space begins to glow a brilliant golden color, she christens it Bob, the First Teluvorta.

There. Steve? Meet Bob. Now, all of you, your task is simple, to assist the Keepers of the Pillar however you may, whether it is physical or simple counsel, or however you wish. Of course you're all free to take breaks! I'm not slavedriver after all! Haha..
Although, for now, focus on helping them out with mining, get them on their feet there, at least.

And at last, Shal turns to the Keepers of the Pillar and addresses them:
All of you, you've done a very good job so far, however, I believe it is about time for me to help you out once more: The Hills I've created to the north have great mineral wealth beneath them, stone and metal. It would make for a superior material for tools than the wood from the Cowed Trees you've been using, although much heavier, Cowed Tree wood is abnormally light you see. I've tasked Steve and Bob as well as the rest of the Telugoraths to help you learn such skills. And of course, some help from me, tools for digging and mining itself! Now, be careful down there, alright? Mining is a fairly dangerous trade!

And so, Shal creates a wagonfull of shovels, pickaxes, and other various tools for digging and mining.

Now for one last thing... The Tribe of Karos... Perhaps they are heading for ruin, perhaps not.. Still..

Finally, Shal sends a dream to Givarn.

I come to give you advice, Givarn. There is a very fine line between Order and Tyranny, and from tyranny comes Chaos. Your resolve is admirable, and sometimes a firm hand is needed, but one must take care to not crush those in your iron grip. Temper your Order with Wisdom, or you may only sow the seeds of Revolution. The Fanelians are relatively young as a species, but I have seen this happen time and time again in the histories of other nations. Ultimately, how you lead your tribe is up to you, I only seek to inform you of the mistakes made from the histories of others. Good luck, Givarn, Visionary of the Tribe of Karos. I wish for the successful future of your tribe.

1 Power: Create an Army of Telugoraths (Time Elementals for those of you not keeping track of my terminology)
Minor Act: Create Bob, the First Teluvorta (He's a Space Elemental, again for ease of use around my odd terminology)

Minor Act: Create a wagonfull of mining equipment
Send all the Lesser Servants on helping them learn mining
Minor Act: Send a Dream to Givarn

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2017, 09:06:15 pm »

Command Kuli to slow down slightly with the seasons for now, and focus on preaching the Codex to the tribes and people he visits.

Teach the Robi how to tame the Boffuns, make them into rideable beasts, useful for their wandering lifestyle.
(I suspect both of these are minor acts)
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2017, 09:46:18 pm »

Lu spends a 1 power on crafting a magic relic for Lazet. A small wooden amulet with Lu's insignia on it. So long as Lazet possesses the amulet, any wood he holds becomes as hard as iron until he puts it down. On the back of the amulet the words, "Nature is stronger than one may think. - Lu"

Lu turns his attention to the Closed Eyes. If these mortals would shut their eyes to the gods, Lu would give them reason to open them. Lu uses a minor blessing to return sight to Hejah the Blind. "Not all can see the truth. I hope your search for it leads back to the gods one day.

Next Lu heads to the Karos tribe where he congratulates Givarn and Daios. Their defense of the code was admirable. You bring great honor upon your people. Yet take care great guides of this tribe, for it is most easy to lose sight of honor if one pursues it blindly. Lu then winks at the leaders and gives each a slight bow, a sign of respect for their leadership.

Lu then traveled to The Great Tree. In the center of the top of the tree he created a large living temple and a lake to surround it. The temple is composed of living trees which form walls, statues, gardens, and other temple stuff. Statues of Lu and his sigil can be seen fairly regularly. Its designed to appear natural, yet holy and magical at the same time. Lu uses 2 power on this.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 11:26:01 pm by Roboson »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2017, 10:09:20 pm »

The Akrathhian Conflict

Suddenly, Akrathh himself appeared in front of the assembly. Projecting its divine form into the world, it spoke with a strong voice to Lu.

The Fanelians of the Warlord Faction fell to their knees in awe, rejoicing at the sight of their god. The Fanelians of the Peace Faction, on the other hand, were either terrified or in a state of denial. None of them actually believed Akrathh existed, and all their hopes started crumbling with its appearance.

There was a mighty debate between the Great Destructor and the Other One. No mortal dared utter a word, for fear of trampling on the domain of the divine. That scene would be forever carved into the memory of all those present.

And finally, the conflict came to a resolution. Akrathh left Lu to decide what to do, and the Bird God ordered the exile of all the followers of Akrathh. The Peace Faction rejoiced, saw they were in the right, and started a massive feast right afterward.

Limikarrat personally chose to lead the Akrathhians away from these lands. While some of them disapproved of leaving, their trust and faith brought them to accept the exile. And thus, a massive exodus occured as the true Akrathhians left for the rumored southern lands...

Tribe of Akrathh

Within the day, all the Fanelian Akrathhians had left their lands, bringing with them everything they owned. They travelled for days, weeks, and months. They left the forests, reaching great plains extending beyond the horizon. They settled there, quickly establishing their new homes.

Fortunately, these lands were fertile and they didn't have any problem cultivating the crops they brought with them. They had also brought Whomuns with them.

To preserve their ways, training in the ways of weapons and honing one's body was a daily activity for all Akrathhians. They even held tournaments and other form of battles in tailored arenas. Their culture slowly formed around the exaltation of martial arts and the way of the warrior.

Without the unrest caused by the scission, the intelligent Akrathhian minds could focus on research and discovery. Greatly improving the art of copper making, the Akrrathhians mined more ore. Julak and the other smiths even started experimenting with alloy making, creating what would be known as bronze.

[Metallurgy improved: alloy-making discovered]
[Art of the Warrior, Battle as entertainment, Arenas]
[Population increasing]
[Faith in Lu decreased]
[Faith in Akrathh increased]
[Lu worship building up]
[Shal worship building up]
[Erin worship building up]
Akrathh earned 2 Acts from the Tribe of Akrathh worship
Niké earned 1 Act from the Tribe of Akrathh Faction worship

The Peaceful

For a long week, the Fanelians who stayed renamed themselves the Peaceful. They feasted and rejoiced for that time, and instated the Sacred Week of Peace. Afterward, it was decided that they would be ruled by a council, with one representative per tribe. Ledel was appointed as the council leader, and his first edict was to spread peace to the Other Tribes.

With all the knowledge of the Akrathhians lost, they returned to the technological state they were in as small tribes. As a result, their population grew quite slowly and they suffered from a technological stagnation.

[Government: Council]
[Technological Stagnation]
[Population increasing slowly]
[Violence Banned]
[Faith in Lu massively increased]
[Faith in all other gods decreased]
Lu earned 1 Act from the Peaceful worship
[Niké, Shal and Erin worship slowly building up]
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 10:48:03 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2017, 10:21:57 pm »

New Prayers

The Peaceful:
Ledel himself sent a prayer to Lu:
"O Great Peacebringer. The smaller tribes refuse our Peace, we will eagerly wait for you to open the eyes of these savages to Peace."

A random Peaceful Fanelian prayed to Lu:
"Lu, these accursed Akrathhians stole everything, leaving us with nothing. We need your help! I beg of you Lu, bring us your blessings."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2017, 11:02:06 pm »

Lu turns his attention to the peaceful tribe. The cowardly Akrathh tribe, as they shall be known from henceforth fled before the might of Lu. Even their god cowered before me, daring not to cross me. Choosing to flee when challenged. Truly these cowardly bullies are the lowliest of mortals. The tribe of peace will move forward and come to expand peace across the land, dispelling evil wherever it runs to. Our lands have been reclaimed,
 and we will till them and grow this tribe. We will replace what the Akrathh stole when they fled and we will build upon this victory. Peace is a noble pursuit, yet much more difficult than violence. It will spread, in time. It is like a plant, it needs to be tended and take its time to grow, but after a while, it bears wondrous fruit.

Lu then spends 3 power to permanently bless the peaceful tribe with increased intelligence and fertility. This also marks them with Lu's sigil, which appears on the body of each member of the tribe and their descendants.

With my mark and blessing, this tribe will grow prosperous and wise in the days to come. In time, peace will spread. For now, let us show the world the fruits of our victory and the power of Life over Death.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2017, 12:36:48 am »

(Nefertem sighs slightly to himself. I suppose one must spend power to get power.)

He then appears just beyond the new lands of the Tribe of Akrathh, splits an act into two Power, uses one power to make a handful of Fanelian-aligned Forenings, and uses the other power to grant the Forenings a Major Localised Blessing: They and their descendants shall always be fit and fertile (relative to the norm for Forenings), their natural grace being especially tuned to martial ability, and their natural wisdom especially tuned to metalworking; furthermore, unless they should mate with some non-Fanelian being outside this group, they and their offspring are virtually indistinguishable from slightly odd Fanelians to the mortal eye.

Nefertem marches with his new people into the Akrathh town, and in the centre of the town he announces: I am Nefertem the Long Deep, Lord of Light, an equal and compatriot of Lu and Akrathh. Because of the beauty of your craft and of your warlike arts, I have come to help you in making a new home. However, I have also come to tell you that war is not the only beautiful thing in the world, and ask you to turn your wisdom with metals also to the shaping of other crafts: of rings and amulets and other decorations for the body, and of sculptures for your homes and land. As a boon, I have brought you some of my people to join your tribe; accept them, and they will help you to advance. I will return, later, and if I am impressed with your arts, I will grant you still greater gifts.

He then returns to his usual home among the Andilauss.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 12:53:55 am by Maximum Spin »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:09 pm »

The
ETERNAL SAGA
ooc here

ACT 2: The First Era

---

TURN 2.3: Uninvited Guests

Here go tools

Erin drops five pickaxes at the feet of the Spruce Lazet. The Spruce immediately understands his god's intent: to use these curious tools to look into the ground.

Then the God of Improvement goes to visit the Tribe of Forut, interested by their developping naval techniques. He offers to take an expedition to land unknown, but to his surprise, they decline. He does come back with Ebontree saplings.

Finally, the Ascended sends a dream to the Lung Bai Cha. One aquatic morning, the Lung wakes up puzzled after a completely absurd dream about a fleshy and weak looking creature with random flashes of a silvery formation. He quickly dismisses that odd dream.

Here go ribbons

Nefertem answers to the curse of the Unnamed Tribe, and eventually decides to leave the issue unresolved.

He then grants the Andilauss Edel's wish, by sending him to the Final Moon once more.

Finally, he splits 1 Act into 2 Power, and uses 1 Power to create a small population of special Forenings. These one are blessed with increased fertility, natural grace, martial ability and many more blessings. He then introduces them to the Akrathhians.

Cerediron is not dead!

With 2 Acts, Cerediron incarnates and starts firing Blessings around for a total of 9 Power.

A Minor Global Blessing affecting the Rifja inspires them with creativity, hopefully causing them to develop advanced technologies.
An identical Major Regional Blessing affecting the Tribe of Forut.
And finally a Major Regional Blessing upon the Akrathh, this blessing is the same, but will be granted only to those who are truly peaceful and wish no harm on others. It is intended to also give an additional drive to forge armors.

Here go bones

With an Act, Akrathh creates a Lesser Law affecting the whole world. The Law of Power Display states that light shall be produced as a residual product of the use of divine energy.

Here go a sapient planet

Using 3 Acts, the Other One created a Servant, Ysalith, The Pale Hierophant. An alabaster feminine humanoid with three red eyes arranged in an inverted triangle on her face, it was ordered to act as a caretaker for the Tardagradi. Ysalith had an innate feeling of fate and the natural laws of the world, and an ability to manipulate the moral of others.

Afterward, she crafted an Act of Fate and Probability.

Here go drow

Elitholi shapes a region into a presumably subterranean one, as he names it the Underground with 2 Acts. This deed finished, he then shapes a small population of mortals, the Drow, using 2 Acts.

Despite being typical dark elves, there is something additionally uncanny about their aura.

Here go mining

Shal answers to Steve's prayer by creating an army of Telugorath, using 1 Power. These Lesser Servants of Time are sent to help the Keepers learn of digging and mining. To that end, she creates a wagonful of mining tools, and an additional Servant: Bob the First Teluvorta.

Finally, she decides to send a dream to Givarn, to warn him of the dangers of tyranny. Unlike the Lung Bai Cha, the Fanelian knows Gods typically communicate through dreams.

Here go flowers

Niké orders Kuli to focus on preaching his name to the people he will visit. With his word given, he then leaves to take care of the Robi, teaching them of the taming and riding of the grassland Boffuns under the guise of Victor.

Here go birds

With 1 Power, Lu crafts a Magic Personal Artifact, which he gives to Lazet. This simple amulet turns any wood he holds into a material as hard as iron.

He then visits the Fanelian Hejah the Blind, and uses a minor act to restore its visions. To Lu's surprise, Hejah's vision was already restored.
He also visits the Fanelians Givarn and Daios, to congratulate them. His appearance bolstered the purpose of the Karos leaders.

Next, he creates a great temple in his name, one incredibly exquisite yet designed to appear "natural". This temple is placed at the top of the Great Tree.

Finally, he blesses the Peaceful with a Major Blessing that will increase their intelligence and fertility. Each members of the tribe will now be marked with Lu's sigil as an addition.

Here go meteors

The Four Meteors crash into the World, after Erin contacted their occupants.

The Meteor piloted by the Monster Skylargos crashes with a deafening sound in a completely inhabited region, creating a massive crater from the cataclysmic impact. The completely unharmed meteor then remains there for a few days, before taking off and leaving quickly through the same dimensional breach.

Secondly, the Meteors piloted by Embre and Vuril Marax lands safely in another uninhabited region. A monster emerges from each ship.
Embre is a chitinous worm with a massive maw, and immediately starts devouring large plots of land, creating a very complex set of tunnels.
Vuril Marax is a gaunt eyeless humanoid with two long prehensile tails. Its ship immediately starts drilling the ground with tremendous force, reducing the hardest rock into dust. The drilling generates an impressive amount of red slag, and Vuril seems to feed specific rocks and ores to his ship. A reddish cloud starts appearing above the drilling area.

Finally, the Meteor piloted by the last monster falls into the Lung Sea. Deep into the abyss, its activities are unknown.

Here goes an uninvited guest

A massive blast of divine energy echoes at the dimensional breach.

A Great Destructor emerges into the Divine Plane from the enlarged breach with several Greater Servants, an army of Servants, and armies of Lesser Servants. An insectile god with a wasp for template, this Greater One shouts with a furious voice:
"WHERE IS THE MONSTER SKYLARGOS?!"

Shal recovered 5 Power through her Realm.
Nefertem earned 3 Acts from Auðrauga.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 12:29:57 am by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:27 pm »

WORLD TURN

The Andilauss

Edel returned from the Final Moon changed, renewed. His decrepit appearance was no more, and he had become even more youthful than he was in his earlier days.

A fact quickly spreads among the Andilauss: they can regain their youth once more by praying to Nefertem, all thanks to his great powers. No Andilauss on the verge of death ever avoids praying for a second life, and these Andilauss comes to be called the Renewed.

Okal becomes a Renewed, as many others. With their vast experience, the Renewed quickly dominate the Andilauss society, being unbeatable in the beauty contests, and knowing secrets the younger ones are ignorant of.

One particular Andilauss rises. Named Balik the Uncaring, he doesn't care for the beauty of his body. He is instead fascinated by Stone Pillars, and spend his time carving more and more.

A group of Forenings leave the Andilauss, unsatisfied with the vain nature of the Andilauss.

[Andilauss Population increasing]
[Andilauss Forening Population increasing]
Nefertem earned 2 Acts from Andilauss worship

Spoiler: Famous Andilauss (click to show/hide)

The Fanelians

Tribe of Herat

Hejah the Blind recovered his sight, not from Lu's blessing though. He came to be known as Hejah the Miracle, and it seems something changed in his eyes.

Shortly afterward, Jete spread a shocking truth to his people. Firstly, a great flood shall occur soon. Secondly, the Ancestor cult was false. Under the guise of ancestors, gods tried to manipulate their people, except for one. The god behind the name of Cenovet, which sought to grant them true independence from the other manipulative gods.

The Herati understood and accepted Jete's words, quickly changing their beliefs. Except for two Fanelians of the Closed Eyes, Hejah the Miracle himself, and Culat the Fifth Eye. They still held onto their doubtful nature, and debated with Jete for hours and hours. Hejah changed his opinion over a day, realizing the truth in Jete's words, but not Culat.

He suddenly went into a burst of emotions, asking his fellow tribesmen, Jete, Hejah and the Closing Hand how could they accept a sudden truth so easily. He questionned Jete over this matter, wasn't this abnormal for all of them, who swore to seek truth through doubt and thought, to suddenly accept a new truth? The only answer he got, was that he was obviously wrong.

Unable to bear the change in his people, he left on a journey. He would be known as Culat the Doubter.

After these strange events, a curious stone pillar that was discovered year ago was approached, as the rule of doubt had been lifted. The ones who approached it reported hearing the voices of the ancestors within. Jete told of his people to avoid this structure, which was probably the work of a malicious god.

But a Fanelian was overtaken by his curiosity, and secretly settled near the pillar. There, he communed with the spirits, learning secrets, truths and more. Unknown to his tribe, he called himself Norga.

[Cenovet Worship greatly increased]
[Other Worship negated]
[Tribe of Harat population is now Medium++]
Mavnon earned 1 Act from the Herati worship

Spoiler: Famous Herati (click to show/hide)

Tribe of Karos

Givarn's rule didn't change despite Shal's dream, especially after meeting the approval of Lu. Renewed with faith into the Code, he worked hard to root out any trace of dissent in the orderly Tribe of Karos. His plans were suddenly stopped by a terrible famine.

A few months after meeting with Lu, a devastating famine struck the Karos lands. Crops stopped growing, food rotted unnaturally fast, and vile worms appeared from nowhere even into preserved supplies. Karos quickly started dying left and right, and the survivors started fighting over the barely edible scrapes. Hunger and pain pushed the righteous Karos to commit immoral deeds to survive. Stealing, murdering, bribing. To Givarn and Daios, corruption was a far worse affliction that plagued the Karos. Daios kept mercilessly cutting down offenders, even men among his own ranks. Yet he never faltered, and not a crack appeared in his ideals.

Givarn sent scouts into faraway lands in hope to find a solution, but none of them returned. Desperate, Givarn prayed to the Gods for salvation, asking if that was divine punishment, and for what mistake. The Karos prayed and prayed as they suffered.

The famine was also devastating to the Forening population. A few died from starvation induced disease, and many died in the numerous "accidents" that were now common in the Karos.

Suffice to say, this devastating famine stopped any technological progress.

[No Technological progress done]
[Corruption and Crimes]
Lu earned 3 Acts from the Tribe of Karos worship alone
Shal earned 2 Act from the Tribe of Karos worship alone
Niké earned 2 Act from the Tribe of Karos worship alone
Nefertem earned 1 Act from the Tribe of Karos worship alone

[Tribe of Karos population now Medium+]
[Karos Forening population now a Handful]

Spoiler: Famous Karos (click to show/hide)

Tribe of Alomet

Not having forgotten Xergas, many youth were inspired by his bold decision. Several Alomets upon reaching the adult age decided to leave to gather stories. They were known as Story Hunters among the Alomet. Many came back, some never did.

Those who came back had greatly grew from their travels, earning many skills and learning many stories from the other tribes. Stories of the great tribe in the South which worked rock into metal, stories of the large tribe in the West that wished to spread peace, stories of a great famine occuring in a tribe far to the North...

Each Story Hunter also came back with a few technologies from their travels. Crude copper making and Wormun farming was taught to the one who visited the Akrathhians, Writing was taught to the one who travelled far to the North. The Alomet grew from their travels, individually and as a group.

[Story Hunters]
[Alomet Forenings assimilation]
[Coppermaking, Writing, Slime Farming acquired]
Lu earned 1 Act from the Tribe of Alomet worship
[Fanelians of Alomet population is now Medium-]
[Forenings of Alomet population is now Small-]

Spoiler: Famous Alomet (click to show/hide)

The Akrathhians

Limikarrat helped the Akrathhians settle in these new lands by directing the Imps to build infrastructure to kickstart new settlements. Before that, the Blessing of Cerediron touched them. Unfortunately, there was no Akrathhian that earned the blessing, as none were such saints as to never wish harm onto another.

Nefertem arrived soon after with Forenings. Despite their wariness, the Akrathhians accepted these foreigners in with one condition: all Forenings and their offspring would have to bear a mark on their clothes.

With two new gods having revealed themselves, the Akrathhians widened their Pantheon out of necessity. It was not a secret that while Akrathhians worshipped Akrathh the most, they sent some worship to the other gods so that they wouldn't bother them. There was a saying among them: "Forsake your game to the hungry Varween, rather than forsake your life."

The Forenings were quickly integrated in the Akrathhian society, and themselves quickly converted to their ideology. As they weren't ostracized, they didn't mind the mark they bore. The Forenings were genius in the fields of metalworking and martial arts, so all of them either became smiths or warriors.

Edera was growing old, and started spending the rest of his days training prodigies. Two of his students quickly became known for being the strongest Akrathhians warriors. The male Forening Useka, blessed with unnatural talent, and the female Fanelian Atora, who worked harder than anyone else.

Useka was the uncontested winner of all the tournaments he fought in, always fighting with Atora in the finale. When Atora had to temporarily retire from the warrior path to take care of her child, the Forenings standing as warriors greatly increased. The Forenings all started leaving metalsmithing behind to become warriors, inspired by Useka.

[Existing mettalurgy improved]
[Fanelian of Akrathh population is now Large]
[Forenings of Akrathh population is now Small+]
[Territory increased over several regions]
[Modifier: Imps]
[Lu worship building up+]
[Shal worship building up+]
[Erin worship building up+]
[Nefertem worship slowly building up]
[Cerediron worship slowly building up]
[Niké worship slowly building up]
Akrathh earned 2 Acts from the Tribe of Akrathh worship

Spoiler: Famous Akrathhians (click to show/hide)

The Peaceful

A great blessing came upon the Peaceful. Filled with intelligence and fertility, the Peaceful developped new agricultural techniques, quickly bridging the gap they had lost. They also spread very quickly over the territories that were now theirs.

To maintain Peace, the elite and the Council formed a caste system. Lower citizens would be forced by law to obey to upper caste citizen if one gave an order. There was no outcry or protest, as the Peaceful believed in the wise decision of the Council. The Peaceful expansion came to a halt, as the Other Tribes refused to be assimilated. They didn't hesitate to attack if they felt provoked.

The Council gathered to make a decision. There were those who thought that in the name of Peace, violence wasn't war, so they could subjugate the savage tribes. And there were those who thought that it would be better to just ask Lu to do the same with the savage as he did to the Akrathhians.

Far from these matter, a particular Fanelian appeared. Consuri the Engineer, who inspired himself of the works of the Imps to improve his techniques. He also used the materials of the Temples to Akrathh to build Temples to Lu, destroying all of those he came across -and there were many-

[Government: Council]
[Improved Agriculture, Clothmaking, Writing...]
[Population now Medium]
Lu earned 1 Act from the Peaceful worship
[Niké, Shal and Erin worship building up]

Spoiler: Famous Peaceful (click to show/hide)

Other Tribes

The other tribes decided to band together, feeling threatened by the Peaceful and the migrants from the North. They joined together, froming the Four Tribes Alliance. It comprised the Tribe of Percaba, the Tribe of Kolec, the Tribe of Trat and the Tribe of Ebaloma.

-Four Tribes Alliance

The Four Tribes leaders gathered to think of a way to deal with the Peaceful. They were confident that despite their smaller numbers, they would be able to push back the Peaceful, who seemed to be "bumbling idiots who doesn't know how to fight" according to their words. The prospect of increasing their territory and thus increasing the prosperity of their respective Tribes greatly attracted them.

But they heard of what happened to the Akrathhians, and were in a bind. One leader named Dasho had an idea. If Lu protected the Peaceful, and Akrathh the Akrathhians, why not call for the protection of another deity? After all, he said, they had nothing to lose...

[Four Tribes Alliance Fanelian population is now Small+]
[Four Tribes Alliance Forening population is now Small+]

-Tribe of Forut

The Tribe of Forut declined Erin's proposition, but parted with him in amical terms. They wished to first explore the Sea of Fire and Glass, and without help.

Then Cerediron's blessing touched the Forut, who suddenly started creating incredibly innovative ships. A bit too eager to try out all their innovations, they launched several ships into the lava sea. Miscalculations and underestimating the weather led to many smart minds to tragically lose their lives that way.

The Forut population decreased, but their techniques kept improving. Inspired by the lava sea, they discovered metalworking, and managed to create tools to make even better ships.

And finally, they created sturdy enough ships to leave the calm waters of the lava sea. But to their horror, they discovered an aggressive species of predators deeper into the sea. Forced to return to the coast lest they lose their lives, the explorers temporarily halted the expeditions, focusing on developping countermeasures.

They were slightly annoyed at the inspiration sent by Cerediron, but very grateful nonetheless.

[Tech: Advanced Lava-ship Building]
[Tech: Basic metalworking]
[Forut Fanelian population is now Small]
[Pantheon: Cerediron added]
Erin earned 1 Act from Tribe of Forut worship
[Cerediron Worship building up]

-Tribe of Allond

Far from the famine, the exiled Karos formed a new Tribe, which they called the Tribe of Allond. Satisfied upon the just punishment the Karos received, they slowly started rebuilding their society from scratch.

[Tribe of Allond population is now Small]
[Nefertem worship building up]

Spoiler: Famous Fanelians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Famous Forenings (click to show/hide)

The Keepers of the Pillar

Steve was overjoyed to be surrounded by hundreds of his kin. He thanked Shal profusely, and set off to work with twice more fervor. As the Telugorath and the Teluvorta started guiding the Keepers toward mining, the Keepers started building everything out of stone.

Then numerous strange beings from the North appeared, red one-eyed humanoids, they only answered with simple words. It seemed they were called Imps, and immediately started heading for the Forbidden Zone. The Keepers, true to their Task, first tried to chase the Imps away and then attacked them with the help of the Telugorath and the Teluvorta.

The Imps were numerous, and didn't retaliate. But some of them managed to get past the blocus, and went inside the Forbidden Zone. They all collapsed, unconscious, except for one. He returned, and spoke to the Keepers with more words than any Imp before. He told them that they came to build a wall around the Hole in the Ground, and that they meant no harm. That irregular Imp didn't manage to quell the hostilities, and the Imps started devising plans to build their wall sneakily.

No special Keeper appeared, and this event caused great strife among the Keepers. The irregular Imp was instantly locked for Shal to judge. Some Keepers started to doubt the Task, for nothing bad seemed to have happened to this Imp. On the contrary, it shed light on these beings intentions. The rest of the Keepers were outraged, and blamed themselves for failing at their tasks.

[Keeper population is now Medium+]
[Forening Keeper population is now Medium--]
[Tech: Masonry, Mining]
[Scission]
Shal earned 2 Acts from Keeper worship
Lu and Nefertem earned 1 Act from Keeper worship

Lungs

One day, bright fractal patterns appeared in the Lung Sea. Inspired by Mavnon, they were told these were Ashfires, and they were taught how to use them to craft metals out of ore.

Quickly realizing the tremendous potential of the Ashfires, the Five Underfins poured their resources into controlling the Ashfires locations, monopolizing them. Demanding a fee to use these, their material wealth exploded to new heights. The many crafts of the Lungs diversified, but Tian Shu still remained the uncontested master, shaming all the others.

The Hunter Lungs developped without an incident, but without anything of note either.

[Other Lungs population increasing]
[Coral Formation Lung population is now Small++]
Mavnon earned 1 Act from Lung worship

Spoiler: Famous Lungs (click to show/hide)

The Spruces

Lazet initially dug through the earth, finding new rocks for his crafts. Overjoyed, he thanked Erin, but then he received a curious amulet. He showed it to the other Spruces, who noticed its intriguing properties. Like moths drawn to a flame, they all wanted to touch and see the amulet to study it, abandonning other fields.

A lot of Spruces focused on understanding the amulet, trying to discern its principles and possibly replicate them, to no avail. Yet they didn't lose hope, and kept spending years on it. Even Kekmet couldn't reverse-engineer the amulet, but still didn't give up.

A special Forening appeared among the Spruces. Smarter and wiser than any Forening or Spruce, he was revered by all. His name was Maktot the Philosopher, and he developped many theories about the workings of the world. Philosopher, scientist and artisan, Spruces and Forenings gathered around him. A friendly rivalry developped between him and Kekmet.

[Forening population is now Very Small+]
[Spruce population is now Medium]
Erin earned 1 Act from Spruces worship
[Crude Masonry]
[Theoricians]

Spoiler: Famous Spruces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Famous Forenings (click to show/hide)

The Rhacidae

A strange being from the East climbed the Great Tree. Battered, weakened, a bit maddened, that was Allond the Thinker. The Rhacidae observed the strange creature with wariness, and saw him shouts to the skies for Lu. He was speaking of destiny, he was asking if he had been tricked, he asked for an asnwer.

Several different Rhacidae groups came upon the Temple. Immediately, conflict arose over the Temple, and these Rhacidae started fighting. As they weren't hunters anymore, some turned into warriors, defending the right to control the Temple. After many bloody skirmishes, a group emerged victorious. The tribe of the Red Leaf, which made the surroundings of the Temple their territory.

[Rhacidae population is now Large++]
[Hunting ways completely disappeared]
Lu earned 1 Act from Rhacidae worship

The Rifja

All the Rifja alive are empowered by an outbreak of creativity and inspiration, causing them to grab rocks to sharpen other rocks, and even uses plant secretions to build an additional wall between themselves and the outside.

I the Rifja remains unfettered by these meager protections, as he has already grown to a colossal size, and is growing even more. The more he subjugate, the smarter he becomes. He naturally comes to understand the curious crafts and tools of those he assimilate. He is even able to steal their knowledge.

Realizing that the Rifja are becoming smarter, he works even harder to assimilate more and more Rifja. He does so with great success, creating his own tools to rip crack stone and coral.

To sustain his polypes, he now hunts creatures for their higher nutrional value. He designed special "feeding chambers" inside himself, to feed polypes in need of nourrishment.

[Rifja population is now Large]
[Crude toolmaking]

Spoiler: Famous Rifja (click to show/hide)

The Robi

With Victor's help, the Robi manage to tame and domesticate the Boffuns, greatly helping their expansion. Their lives are spent rather uneventfully, and they only develop basic technologies.

[Robi population is now Medium++]
[Nomadic lifestyle]
[Basic toolmaking/clothmaking]
[Concept of Seasons]
Niké and Nefertem earned 1 Act from Robi worship

The Tardagradi

Under the guidance of Ysalith, the Tardagradi managed to develop much more than they would have done alone. They offer their worship to Reyginaga, and keep spreading slowly, but surely.

The Tardagradi forms a great hive made of crystals with the help of Ysalith, and cultivate the Crystaldrink Bushes inside.

[Tardagradi population is now Very Small++]
[Crystaldrink Bushes cultivation]

The Drow

The Drow quickly settle in the Underground, but lacking food, they need to scavenge for supplies in the surface. Their population barely grows as a result.

[Drow Population increasing]
[Gatherers]

Servants

The Imps not supervised by Limikarrat stopped working on the temples, heading southward with the intent of building a wall around the Hole in the Ground. Their meeting with the Keepers was initially bloody, and many Imps lost their lives. Upon entering the influence of the "Pillar", many Imps lost consciousness, except for one who returned changed. Smarter in a way, he started directing the other Imps before being locked up by the Keepers.

Limikarrat visited the Imp, undetected by the Keepers. He spoke to him, and then left.

Kuli flies across the world once more, focusing on spreading the word of Niké. He is not exceptionally successful, but does manage to increase the followers of Niké around the world.

[Niké worship increasing]

The small group of abnormal Kikaket keep growing, and now have started enjoying tormenting the Spruces. They are no longer tending to the woods, and are instead devoting all their time undermining Spruces endeavors.

[Spruces pestered]

Nolei has started wandering far, very far into the Divine Plane.

Fauna and Flora

Umlor the Savage Maw:
Umlor still sleeps, but is close to his awakening. Very close.

Margorax:
Margorax, as called by the Tribe of Forut, are large isles shaped glass creatures roaming the Sea of Fire and Glass. They seem to eat minerals, and are very territorial. They range from small to massive, and can also move underwater.

Garclin Birds:
In an uninhabited corner of the Fanelian lands, gigantic Smilirin Birds have appeared. They are predators, and hunt every beings on the land, even Spruces. For some odd reason, they use Spruces as an additional component to make their nests.

In the Depths:
In the Depths of the Lung Sea, several strange creatures emerge. Massive Deep Dwellers with pulsating veins, swarms of bonefishes devouring everything in their path, great crustaceans ravaging the fertile sea grounds... These creatures are just some among many others, and all are very dangerous to the creatures of the upper sea.

Something is happening in the Depths.

PRAYERS TURN

Among the many prayers of the mortals to the gods, a few stand out in particular.

Andilauss:
Many prayers to Nefertem arise, all of them asking to be given a second life.

Fanelians:
Allond prays, or rather screams to Lu:
"I came to the Tree you spoke of Lu! Where is my destiny?! Where is it?! Haven't I endured enough of your trials now?!"

Dasho, one of the leaders of the Four Tribes Alliance pray to the Gods:
"O Gods, mighty beings reigning over our fates. We of the Four Tribes Alliance wish for the protection of one of you. We will devote our selves to your name, if you can help us stop the Peaceful."

Givarn, the leader of the Karos prays to Lu and the other Gods:
"Lu, Great God of Life. Other Gods, whose names we dare not utter. I accept your just punishment, but please spare my people. I am blind, and I will atone for the errors I commited, but please, I beg of you, stop this disaster. You can take my possessions, my life, even my soul. But spare the Karos lives and souls."

Keepers of the Pillar:
A lot of Keepers pray in unison to Shal:
"Shal, forgive us, for we have failed. A stranger crossed the Forbidden Zone, and came back. What shall be our punishment? What shall be the trespasser's punishment?"

Spruces:
Lazet and Kekmet pray to Erin:
"O Erin of Improvement. Give us the inspiration to find the secrets of this marvel, this amulet that temporarily turns wood into a hard material."

WORLD STATUS]

ORIGINAL WORLD

Spoiler: Major Landmarks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Territories (click to show/hide)

NOTABLE LIFE

On Land:
Spoiler: Vegetation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fauna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Predators (click to show/hide)

In the Sea:
Spoiler: Vegetation (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fauna (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Predators (click to show/hide)

MORTALS

Spoiler: Andilauss (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Fanelians (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Keepers of the Pillar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lungs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Spruces (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Forenings (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rhacidae (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rifja (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Robi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Tardagradi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Drow (click to show/hide)

OTHER STUFF

Spoiler: Astral Bodies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Artifacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Servants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beasts (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:30:45 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Eternal Saga - Act 1: Genesis of the World
« Reply #281 on: November 30, 2017, 04:57:48 pm »

PLAYERS STATUS

GREATER ONES

OTHER ONES

ASCENDED ONES

MONSTER

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 03:25:23 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 30, 2017, 05:41:49 pm »

It appears to be made by Lu. It's magical, rather than mundane, as the items that I have made for you before were. Lazet, Kekmet, all of you, this, for the time being, is not an item that you can reproduce.
It holds no "secrets" other than that; it's properties are exactly as you have seen. However, Lu based the strength that he enchanted the wood with on that of iron - a metal, found underground. It is for the purpose of stone, iron, and materials like them that I gave you pickaxes. You cannot reproduce this amulet - not until I can make a magic system - but through mining, you can acquire materials as strong as and stronger than enchanted wood.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 07:38:41 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 30, 2017, 05:51:32 pm »

"I came to the Tree you spoke of Lu! Where is my destiny?! Where is it?! Haven't I endured enough of your trials now?!"

1 Minor Act: Mavnon calls to the little creature and reassures him that all is well.

Hush bird-child-leader
Your master has forgotten
A tree dies lightless.

If patience you lack
Call upon Change itself here...
A serpent is quick.

1 Minor Act: Roll for analysing Deep Sea Monster.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 05:58:55 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 30, 2017, 06:04:27 pm »

You have truly proven to be a great hero Allond. Your journey across the lands, and the scaling of this tree are a testimony to your tenacity and will. Tell me Allond, what is the destiny you pursue with such unwavering drive? Is it power you seek? Wisdom? Fame? Fortune? Name your desire, and it is yours. You have earned it.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 10:08:07 pm by Roboson »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25