Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 2:Rebuilding what was]  (Read 3791 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 1:Age of Horror]
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 02:03:07 pm »

check OOC.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 1:Age of Horror]
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 03:51:09 pm »

Turn 1: The Age of Horror

Schrallmiltar
[5] You observe your surroundings as most teleport off. You notice that you, Qassatoughua, Oculus and Akashir are not the only ones present.
You can sense a number of humans watching you, some of which are under where you arose, and are already worshipping you. You also sense another presence watching you with cat's eyes, though you can't tell from where. Perhaps some sort of scrying magic?

[+2 followers]

Isgon
[3] You teleport to Dallas, Texas and send out a pulse of power. Two small families answer your call, emerging from the ruins of nearby buildings and kneeling before you.

[+6 followers]

The Unfinished One
[1] You teleport to Florida and take up residence in NASA's launch site. However, not many people come out there any-more due to a lack of any useful supplies there. You still manage to draw an old hermit who was living there from the ruins of the air traffic tower, but he looks to be starving and weakened from the rough living conditions.
[6]You wave your hand over him, and lines appear and begin to form into the shape of a small house, with several beds ready for many more to join. Your starving hermit passes out from fear and exhaustion after witnessing it.
[5]You then look to a nearby pool of water, and with another wave of your hand bring an aqueduct into existence, flowing to the house and watering the marshy but fertile land, which rumbles and becomes neatly plowed.

[+1 follower, poor health. +shelter, aquaduct, fields. No fear generation from follower this turn]
Oculus
[5] Your very form throbs with power as roughly a score of people scream in terror and come out into the open, begging for mercy. You can also sense 80 more scattered voices, crying your name and asking that you let them live. They're too far away to give you fear, but you feel like you are already off to a strong start regardless.

[+20 followers, +80 Distant followers(no fear gain. Reason: too far away)]
Akashir Azir'kan
[3]You move to the white-house and investigate it's status. You spot a group of scavengers and let out a mighty hiss, which gets their attention and starts them groveling.
[2] You start to order them to try and rebuild the white house, but then decide against it since there is very little left standing of it to begin with.
[5] Instead you focus some of your power, and expend 5 Fear rebuilding the basic structure of it. It's not good for much other than shelter, but it's very tough to destroy and decently fortified.

Terror is currently at: 26
Event roll:[37]
no event generated.

Spoiler: Horror Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World status (click to show/hide)
[/list]
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:01:30 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 2:Rebuilding what was]
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 03:59:35 pm »

Just kinda go out looking for if there are other people around.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 04:52:25 pm »

The followers at my current location will try to gather various necessary supplies and prepare a safe area where to settle.
Create shelters in said area. (6F)
Attemp to transport all my followers out of range to my location. (8F)
Make arround 15 lesser monsters with their bane as quicksilver, their vulnerability as the burning of books and their irritant as blindfolds. They are pale humanoids with a giant brain instead of a head with a single eye on it. They are going to be called "librarians" for now and they are tasked with collecting books. (About 1F)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 05:07:19 pm »

"Mortalssssss... fear me! For I am the Power Beyond Life and Death, Akashir Azir'kan!"

Task my followers with arming themselves with improvised weapons and then 'evangelizing' weak targets. Evangelizing meaning attempting to introduce them to the terror that is the Cult of Akashir Azir'kan, either willingly or in the embrace of Death.
Do horrifying eldritch things to generate fear.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 05:17:53 pm »

Every horror has long range telepathy to talk with other horrors, right?
Hey, could you refrain from killing my followers please? Once they obtain the knowledge of nuclear energy, I could share some nukes with you as long as you don't harm them.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »

After obtaining this knowledge Schrallmiltar stilled. The shifting of roots and dancing of the trunk ceased. For some time it was so, but then it returned with growing intensity. The roots and branches heaved and pulled eachother across his body, weaving themselves anew. The trunk was moved from his back and formed a second tail, six new legs were grown, two humanoid giant hands, the body was lenghtened to allow greater mobility and the back sunk into a bowl of deeply carved patterns and lines.
He tilted his head a fraction and turned his empty gaze toward his followers. With a silent nod he reaffirmed his decison. He scooped them into his hands along with everyone near them and placed them into his back before breaking into a run toward the direction of the cat's eyes.

"I... apologize for this... intrusion on territory, Akashir. But... I also require... followers if I wish to survive. There are... others here... and we have no knowledge of them. I shall find a... lair soon and leave this city... hopefully. "

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2017, 06:15:14 pm »

Isgon stares down at his followers.

"This'll do for now. Hello, loyal followers. I am Isgon, the master of sight, ruler of vision.

Isgon imbues the strongest follower with the ability to detect people within a mile radius, this disciple will be named Ornyx. Order my current followers to find a suitable shelter for the time being.

Use 6 fear to draw all scientists in the are to me.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2017, 06:17:14 pm »

Hey Isgon, do you wish to form a team and help each other? Working together as a group would benefit both of us and we seem to have similar goals. And I like eyes.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2017, 07:58:05 am »

Move with followers to New London submarine base.

Create 10 shoggoths - masses of ooze capable of shifting themselfs in required forms, there are random tentacles, mouths and eyes here and there.

Attempt to seize any working submarine with missile weaponry.

Seize any remaining military buildings.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2017, 08:31:01 am »

’I’m flattered Oculus. But for now, I’d like to remain on my own”
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2017, 08:42:37 am »

Okay then. I still think we should share resources and cooperate because we are both looking for sceintists and I would prefer to share.
But if you wish to work alone, so be it.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2017, 09:31:27 am »

Move with followers to New London submarine base.

Create 10 shoggoths - masses of ooze capable of shifting themselfs in required forms, there are random tentacles, mouths and eyes here and there.

Attempt to seize any working submarine with missile weaponry.

Seize any remaining military buildings.
I would like to warn you if two things: one, you currently do not have any followers. Two, you do not have enough Fear to create a replica of a shoggoth, let alone 10.
Turn will be at noon EST.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 10:12:49 am by Dustan Hache »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2017, 10:59:50 am »

Ehm, then attempt to find any people remaining out there and attempt to totes spook them in worship with my void glory and comedy gold madness.

Then try to secure remains of submarine base out there

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 23, 2017, 11:36:48 am »

Teleport to California, then find a nice big group of people to scare(through physical intimidation if necessary) into followers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 11:47:07 am by Failbird105 »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4