Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 2:Rebuilding what was]  (Read 3782 times)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 3:Of Fear and Light]
« Reply #30 on: October 23, 2017, 12:31:47 pm »

Turn 2: Rebuilding what was
The Unfinished One

[3] You notice a couple of homes in the distance, and go searching for followers. You notice a small family that was scavenging for scraps, at least until they noticed you. You carefully pick them up and deposit them at your base, where they start settling in reluctantly. [+3 followers]

[5] The hermit has woken up, and appears to be doing a lot better now thanks to the readily available water. he seems respectful of your generosity and shares his view with the three you brought over. [Double fear gain this turn.]

Oculus

[3] Most of the local area is covered in ruins that make it hard to build or settle. Aside from that, there are very few things that might pose a threat to your follower's survival, with the two biggest issues being hunger and thirst. Thankfully, all of your followers are more than capable of scavenging for their sustainance, Though you get the feeling they would appreciate a more convenient source of food and water.

[6] You attempt to find a decent spot to place some shelters, and eventually decide on doing it in the middle of the road. However, the unmaintained infrastructure was unable to support the weight, and one of the shelters collapses as the road gives way to the collapsing sewer system below.

[2] You focus intently on bringing your followers to you, and teleport them all to your location. However, you realize too late that when you called to all the people on the planet, you forgot to account for language barriers. There is a great deal of confusion caused as a result, and you doubt that they will be able to work together effectively until it is resolved, either by you or by themselves. [Penalty to actions performed by followers for 4 turns]

[5][cost: 3F, rounded up from 2.88(3 x 0.8 x 0.4 x 0.2)] You create the Librarians, though you feel like it should of taken a lot more out of you than it actually did. They immediately disperse and start scavenging for books. [+15 Librarian Monsters]

Akashir Azir'kan

[6] Your followers immediately set about hunting and brutalizing other survivors until they submit to your rule. However, once they caught three groups, other survivors started wising up to their ways, and hid away from those known to follow you. You have a feeling that your actions may come back to haunt you later. [+12 Followers. Event for Akashir next turn]

[2]You consider eating a couple of survivors, but then decide against it. Your mere Presence is enough to inspire fear, and you think that humans might not taste as good as you heard.

Schrallmiltar

[6] You gather together as many people as you can see, along with your followers. However, in the process you end up taking 2 of Akashir's followers (Who are feared and hated) and 8 of Oculus's followers (who are suffering from language barrier issues). You feel that this may cause problems later on with convincing them to join you. [40 people collected, including your followers, 8 of Oculus, and 2 of Akashir)

[6] You turn to the west and start off at a sprint. You then realize far too late that there is nothing holding your followers in the bowl that you created on your back, and they are all being tossed around in there quite roughly. You stop before they get seriously injured, but you are rapidly losing your exact sense of where you wanted to go. You stop somewhere in the forests of Pennsylvania and consider what you should do next.

Isgon
[4] You pick a well adapted survivor, and Call him Ornyx. He protests that his real name is Jeff, but you silence him with your gaze as you Imbue him with Empathic Extrasensory, allowing him to detect other survivors from far away.

[3] There is a small ranch house nearby that has seen much better days. your survivors take up residence there for now.

[6] You draw all the people close by to you for a total of 40 new followers using your remaining 4 fear. Unfortunately, there are no scientists, and you can sense your pulse disturbed something which is now rumbling in the ground. [+40 followers, Event for Isgon next turn]

Qassatoughua

[2]You teleport to New London in Connecticut, but you only find a single person there when you arrive. he is still shocked by your appearance and starts worshipping you, as you demanded of him. [+1 follower]

[3] You make your way to the docks with your follower, but it seems that the submarine base is in ruins. There is nobody around to stop you from claiming it however, and you doubt anyone will bother troubling you here.

Crimson, The creeping flesh
[2] You Arise from the ruins of California, and immediately begin looking for people to scare. You manage to find a group of scavengers, but they run in terror from you before you can do more. All except for one, who is on his knees staring at you in shock. [+1 follower]

Terror is currently at: 29
Event roll: [33]
No Event generated.

Spoiler: Horror Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: World status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 01:23:19 pm by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Lovecraftian Horror I̍C [Turn 2:Rebuilding what was]
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2017, 12:53:24 pm »

Arise in Seattle, Washington, and exert 4 Fear to draw followers.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 02:44:05 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2017, 01:29:25 pm »

Uh, Schrallmiltar? Those humans are mine. Would you mind giving them back? If you wanted them you could have asked instead of just taking them.
Build shelters (27F) then teach all my followers a common language (5F)
Make another 15 Librarians (3F)
The Librarians help with gathering food and water with the followers.

(I guess using 35 fear for this turn will be low enough to not make anything bad happen...? Next turns I will be using way less until I make the magic system.)
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 03:16:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 23, 2017, 02:10:56 pm »

"I will attempt to... return those who are not mine, but I can promise... nothing, as I will be otherwise... occupied for a time."

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 23, 2017, 02:17:55 pm »

Gently grab the man, who will henceforth be referred to as Tim unless corrected, with a tentacle, then go off and find a large open park to plant myself in(as in literally, by the brainstem, like a tree). If successful, then grow three tree like creatures of bone that rapidly grow fruit-like sacks of skin(deep pink, like a pigs) filled with meat.
Spoiler: creature specs (click to show/hide)
If(and only if) trees grow succesfully, tell Tim to get others, for there is food here.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 12:03:51 pm by Failbird105 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2017, 02:18:50 pm »

Draw followers. If I end up with more than 20, create more shelter. Furthermore, create some hand-crank grain mills. Encourage my followers to begin tending to the farmland I have provided them.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2017, 02:19:58 pm »

Thanks! If you can't send them back because you are busy I will understand.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2017, 02:29:00 pm »

5 fear for powerful fear invoking follower getting thingie
1 fear for creating fishing house with eldritch fish lure( this can work same as farms?)
1 fear for creating shelter for said guy
spend 3 fear on making my follower dude greek god statue tier handsome and give him encharming voice, so he can spread my glory

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 04:12:29 pm »

"Hmm. This rumbling is no good. I should start focusing on some fortifications."

Isgon creates 4 two story watchtowers around the ranch. He then orders 10 of his followers to scout for ammo and bullets.
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2017, 07:27:21 am »

With a flick of his hands Schrallmiltar sent the 10 followers who were not his own to their respective masters. He snapped off 30 branches and distributed them among the rest before walking a short distance away, paying only the minimum amount of attention to his followers. He lay on the ground and began his work.
When it was finished, the Bril'silan would look no different than his bark and will sit in the bowl on his back, forming his new back. Crystallized paper-thin petals the colour of his skin formed the many layers that protected the womb of the camouflaged broodmother in the form of a budding flower. It won't be able to move, but it will serve it's purpose well enough. The children are parasites in the form of a shriveled heart that sleep peacefully in their hosts. Until they bursts and scatter many thorned and hooked vines, with a single trunk in the form of a stake sprouting in their midst. Their eruption will naturally be under his command. He will not stop until they are complete, unless it is something that threatens his entire being.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 24, 2017, 11:31:35 am »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 24, 2017, 02:39:15 pm »

(I will need a clearer set of specifications from you Secheral. I caught that you wanted to make a immobile broodmother creature, but beyond that I can't tell what you are trying to do, especially with your 2 followers and 28 people who don't even know what's going on.)
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 04:24:46 pm »

(Sorry. Tried to sum it up and make it more clear.)
Teleport the 10 followers I stole from others.
Give the 30 remaining ones sharp sticks and leave them to fend for themselves.
Make a Bril'silan, which is a giant flower bud of crystallized wood. Make it immobile, a broodmother, camouflauged and attach it inside my back-bowl. It would spawn parasites in the form of shruken hearts. They would live in their hosts until they explosively sprout into a sharp trunk that weaves around vines covered in hooks and thorns. And that explosion would be under my command. Make it even if I have to skip turns to gather the necessary fear. So long as I'm not in any danger of dying continue making it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2017, 04:26:40 pm by Secheral »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 24, 2017, 04:31:45 pm »

I'm afraid that between the vinesplosion and parasitic effects, your parasites would exceed the 3F limit for the broodmother to auto-make. that said, I'll get to writing up the turn, and we can talk costs after.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2017, 07:40:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I am not allowed to post this I will delete it as soon as anyone informs me thusly.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4