Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Roll to God IC  (Read 7396 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to God IC
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2017, 06:30:23 pm »

"More power will be a necessity."

500 CP to increase my maximum CP.

Missed this?
With the amount of players we have, I don't feel like I can justify the type of game I want to play.
Solution: This is going to be completely simplified: no CP, no resting, no leveling up. Just good, clean, fun actions. Eventually I will start a new game that will have a strict player limit, but for now, let's continue!
It's no longer applicable.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2017, 07:25:50 pm »

Well okay then. Create a new species of plant, the Baiter. The baiter is a long stalk growing up from the ground, and grows a single fruit on top. The fruit is insanely tasty, and has many medicinal properties... and is used as bait. The Baiter can live on sunlight, but its preferred food is blood. Specialized roots grow underneath the Baiter's main body, and when the Baiter senses pressure on the ground above those roots, the roots shoot upwards, impaling the trespasser and absorbing their blood.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2017, 07:43:36 pm »

Create a humanoid metallic body (like a robot) and infuse it with a large amount of divine power- try to give it sentience.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2017, 10:22:42 pm »

Continue expanding the ocean

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2017, 02:57:33 am »

Create Pathon, a giant caterpillar trailing behind the Sotrals and protecting them from afar. It feeds on darkness.

Wozzy

• Bay Watcher
  • Do you like waffles?
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2017, 08:18:28 am »

End of first Era

I give my chosen Whisperer champion my blessings, so it shall go forth and do deeds in my name.
The blessing I give will be one of willpower and might.
(Kind of vague of what the effects they will have, don't you think? ;) )
For now, this creature will do. I expect many more to eventually follow, regardless of species.

(6) Blessed with your power, the Whisperer grows even stronger than before. All this power seems to go to its head though...who knows what effect it will have on the future of this species?

Eh, works well enough.
Create the Saetren within the city that I have created; these beings are sentient, are humanoid, and are driven to improve themselves and that which is around them. They also have an implicit understanding of agriculture, and knowledge of the gods and their actions. After a few months, I will choose one among them to be marked as their leader; they will be chosen for showing intelligence and compassion.

(6) [It sounds like you are trying to create sapient life, so I will go with that] Your attempt at creating a sapient being goes better than your other gods. The Saetren are born, and their drive to improve themselves and others around them is obvious right from the start, as they begin fertilizing the land around them to start farming. One has to ask though, is there a price they wouldn't pay for improvement?

create bioluminescent algae
(5) The algae you create is quite beautiful, and an excellent source of light and food for the critters of the sea. It quickly begins to spread through the ocean, turning that drab sea into a colorful spectacle.

Well okay then. Create a new species of plant, the Baiter. The baiter is a long stalk growing up from the ground, and grows a single fruit on top. The fruit is insanely tasty, and has many medicinal properties... and is used as bait. The Baiter can live on sunlight, but its preferred food is blood. Specialized roots grow underneath the Baiter's main body, and when the Baiter senses pressure on the ground above those roots, the roots shoot upwards, impaling the trespasser and absorbing their blood.

(4) [How evil]  You create the baiter exactly the way you wish.

Create a humanoid metallic body (like a robot) and infuse it with a large amount of divine power- try to give it sentience.

(4) Your robotic being springs to life, and is now sentient.

Continue expanding the ocean

(5) The oceans continue to expand, reaching an invisible barrier.

Create Pathon, a giant caterpillar trailing behind the Sotrals and protecting them from afar. It feeds on darkness.

(2) Your caterpillar is born, but unfortunately begins to die soon afterward. It seems that pesky Light of Judgment means there is no darkness in the world...at least your stairs don't exactly have a natural predator?

That's it, there is no more. Wait for the century post

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2017, 08:33:07 am »

That's it, there is no more. Wait for the century post

(was hoping to at least create an artifact or something before the second era.
Ah well, maybe in the next one then.)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2017, 06:47:22 pm by Ultimuh »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2017, 08:35:43 am »

Eh, works well enough.
Create the Saetren within the city that I have created; these beings are sentient, are humanoid, and are driven to improve themselves and that which is around them. They also have an implicit understanding of agriculture, and knowledge of the gods and their actions. After a few months, I will choose one among them to be marked as their leader; they will be chosen for showing intelligence and compassion.

(6) [It sounds like you are trying to create sapient life, so I will go with that] Your attempt at creating a sapient being goes better than your other gods. The Saetren are born, and their drive to improve themselves and others around them is obvious right from the start, as they begin fertilizing the land around them to start farming. One has to ask though, is there a price they wouldn't pay for improvement?
After a few months, I will choose one among them to be marked as their leader; they will be chosen for showing intelligence and compassion.
I put in a failsafe for that, mate.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 03, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

I teach the whisperers about humbleness as a virtue and give them instructions on how to build great cities and farms, with that I hibernate.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 03, 2017, 03:05:03 pm »

Before going into "sleep mode", Digita leaves the robot with a simple command:

"Duplicate."
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2017, 06:47:07 pm »

(Wait, we are supposed to post something now? Or are you just taking your time polishing up the next era?)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]