Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53671 times)

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The folder name changed to "jk it's a stone" under the scryglass, check up on it. Also try going through the file/edit/view/tools menus in auctoritas to see if we can check and edit permissions and such.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 12:53:42 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

We also need to see if we can terminate running tasks.  If we can frustrate its efforts, we might be able to buy enough time to fully purge the system of its influence.

Something like a script running in the background that autoterminates the search program they are using as soon as it starts (Or better yet, a group policy that prevents it being run, even though they are an administrator, by abusing system level access) would be choice.

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

Charles: Scry

That's marvelous.  I'm marveling at it right now.

I think that solving the "sanskrit" is probably important, but a simple search online tells me I don't know how to begin putting together such language.

What does it mean for an administrator to have a "percentage" in a listing?  I'm not as computer-wizardly as certain other players here . . . but in the spirit of getting information: If you can't use the console, can you at least right-click on the listed administrators and get menus or information?  How about clicking and/or dragging the starmap?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile

The console commands look like the Other Administrator is navigating something, what with the hour/min/second line and what appears to my untrained eye to be some sort of coordinates.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

शिव is Shiva, a hindu god of ghosts, also one of the trimurti, and his general job is destruction. His weapon is a trident.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile

Isn't shiva the goddess of death? Has bunch of arms, all holding different weapons?

Apparenty not.  Hindu religious stuff is very odd, what with its "this aspect of that" type things.

Shiva is the destroyer, but the destruction is not capricious or arbitrary. He destroys, so that more may be created. He's more the universal recycling man than the lord of destruction, from what I am reading.  Has a female consort/counterpart, Pavarti, that he is sometimes depicted combined with. (Hence the confusion on my part.)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2018, 10:59:41 pm by wierd »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

God of death is Yama, though he's more of a judge/jailor than anything.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game

Shiva's interpretation varies somewhat between traditions.   One sect sees him as the supreme being.  Among the standard Hindu trinity he is usually associated with the destruction of evil and the aspect of transformation.

In any event, he would probably not be too fond of timeless voids of madness mucking up the universe.

He is usually depicted as a fierce warrior who slays demons.  Since we are currently up to our neck in demons, I say we take the fork.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

PTW
You know that mole you never noticed until just recently? Or maybe you haven't found it yet? That is this thread P.T.W.ing you...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Sir Knight

• Bay Watcher
  • E Platypus Unum
    • View Profile

शिव is Shiva, a hindu god of ghosts, also one of the trimurti, and his general job is destruction. His weapon is a trident.

So what we're saying here is that the Beast of Seeking can reach across mythologies.  That's an interesting power.  Could it, perhaps, be our source for a . . . Deus Ex Machina?

Speaking of which, the Beast of Seeking is supposed to help "download packages for ElderScript programming language."  I mention this because:

You get the feeling that this adventure is going to end with you sealing away an ancient evil and leaving a strongly-worded warning on the box, but for now you should probably keep Tux around. The ElderScript file is inert now, but hopefully the Beast of Seeking will be back with the required module soon!

It's clear that more puzzle solutions will require using ElderScript, but so far I don't think I understand how it works.  Did we ask the Beast of Seeking for help with . . . reprogramming linniks?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This

What does it mean for an administrator to have a "percentage" in a listing?

According to the PDF (this thing is really comprehensive):

Here you will notice the "Percent" column. Normally this column is irrelevant, as the list will only contain one administrator with a percentage value of 100%. However, should an administrative dispute take place, these percentage values will be very important in tracking down the source of the dispute. The most common source of a dispute is an Administrator's Stone fragment left by a previous administrator (see section "Administrator's Stone Conflict" for details).

Hmmm... let's check out that section too.

Under normal circumstances, an Administrator's Stone is indestructible. If your stone shows signs of brittleness, this is most likely due to the presence of an additional fragment on the current system, causing a larger-than-normal amount of admin privilege to be compressed into a single system. It is standard practice to check your system for pre-existing stone fragments before importing a stone.

...Well, shit. Is there yet ANOTHER stone somewhere around here?

Since we are currently up to our neck in demons, I say we take the fork.

Well... you guess it couldn't hurt. It just looks like a novelty cursor to you, but maybe it could be useful somehow.

The folder name changed to "jk it's a stone" under the scryglass, check up on it.

Looks fine to you--

Okay, maybe this thing is more useful than you thought.

try going through the file/edit/view/tools menus in auctoritas to see if we can check and edit permissions and such.
If you can't use the console, can you at least right-click on the listed administrators and get menus or information?  How about clicking and/or dragging the starmap?

It's airtight. You can't even open the menus.

...That guy can, though, apparently. You spend a moment thinking through the implications of this.

Did we ask the Beast of Seeking for help with . . . reprogramming linniks?

Well, he (she?) doesn't seem to be able to communicate in English, but s/he should be back with the ElderScript library needed to begin your experiments pretty soon.

Hey, there s/he is now GAH

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile

Does the Administrator Stone document have any information on that keypad on the back of the keyboard?
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30