Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53646 times)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #345 on: February 03, 2018, 10:57:21 pm »

Open paint and draw the rest of the stone in

Please do this.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: February 04, 2018, 10:51:20 pm »

If we want to change the pointer settings maybe we can change the other one as well?  or we can change the pointer to be more combat ready.  Best to do these with keyboard commands to avoid the other pointer interfering.

Open the ' Start ' menu by clicking on the ' Start ' button or by pressing the ' Windows ' logo key (located between the ' Ctrl ' + ' Alt ' keys on most keyboards) alternatively press ' Ctrl ' + ' Esc '.

Click on ' Settings ' or press the letter ' S ' on the keyboard.

Click on ' Control Panel ' or press the letter ' C ' on the keyboard.

Double click on ' Mouse ' or press the ' M ' key repeatedly until ' Mouse ' is highlighted and then press ' Enter '.

The ' Mouse Properties ' page should be displayed

Click on the ' Pointer ' tab or press ' Ctrl ' + ' Tab ' until the ' Pointer ' tab is at the front

Underneath ' Scheme ' is a drop down box which contains sets of mouse pointers you can use. Click on this box, or press ' Tab ' until the ' Scheme ' drop down box is highlighted, and the list appears.

Use the up and down arrow keys on the keyboard to move through the list. As you do so, you will see the pictures changing to reflect the scheme that is highlighted at the time. Some of these sets are labelled as ' Large', 'Extra Large ' or ' Inverted ' schemes - these are the ones you should try first.

To choose a scheme either click on it or if it is already highlighted press the ' Enter ' key on the keyboard.

Click ' OK ' or press ' Enter ' to exit the ' Mouse Properties ' page.

Shamelessly stolen from here since I knew it could be done but I forgot how.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: February 05, 2018, 05:35:09 am »

maybe we could also download a sword-shaped cursor, I know cursor download sites are notorious for like malware and addware.......but considering the circumstances the risk seems worthwhile.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: February 05, 2018, 06:27:47 am »

(whisper) If it comes to it, I can make one. Cursor files are basically DLLs with a bunch of image resources in it, and are easy to make.(/whisper)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: February 05, 2018, 06:29:39 am »

It ought to just be a .bmp, right? Possibly with its extension changed? So we could make our own? Maybe even copy/paste something? Can we get some sort of treat for the bird?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: February 05, 2018, 06:33:35 am »

No, .cur files have several resources for different screen resolution sizes. It is a special DLL variant.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #351 on: February 05, 2018, 01:54:48 pm »

Just finished reading this.  Excellent.

Did anyone translate the Elder Futhark?  Someone did say that the "start" button said "release" but I think that was it.

Anyway, the hidden taskbar from the beginning says "Serwint uf the krawlęŋ keas".

I guess that Nyarly's got a pretty big hand in all this.  And if I know my Mythos, I'd say that whatever he has in store is likely to be very subtle and insidious.  We shouldn't make any assumptions.

Are we sure that the world didn't end in 2000?  We could be insane and trapped in IT hell.  Maybe we should check out the window.

(Also the header is "the old wunz ar awak".)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: February 07, 2018, 03:01:29 pm »

Just finished reading this.  Excellent.

Did anyone translate the Elder Futhark?  Someone did say that the "start" button said "release" but I think that was it.

Anyway, the hidden taskbar from the beginning says "Serwint uf the krawlęŋ keas".

I guess that Nyarly's got a pretty big hand in all this.  And if I know my Mythos, I'd say that whatever he has in store is likely to be very subtle and insidious.  We shouldn't make any assumptions.

Are we sure that the world didn't end in 2000?  We could be insane and trapped in IT hell.  Maybe we should check out the window.

(Also the header is "the old wunz ar awak".)

Neat, thanks, also had no idea that nylo's spelling was so awful until now.

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: February 07, 2018, 03:07:05 pm »

Definitely PTW'ing this

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #354 on: February 25, 2018, 03:46:21 am »

Put the stone on the sigil. If it doesn't work, make another stone and try again.

Yeah, that's not doing anything. The tablet is for storing sigils, it doesn't seem to do much else. As for the stone...

The purple floppy was shredded by the floppy drive when you were producing the stone, and you're pretty sure you only had one of those. The Administrator's Stone, unfortunately, is a limited resource.

Open paint and draw the rest of the stone in

There's a reason you chose this career path.

In any case, it doesn't seem to have done anything. You thought at least something interesting would have happened-

HEY!

Okay. That thing seems to want the remaining fragment of the Stone. Does it have anything to do with that Toad creature, or is it something else? It came out of that rift that you opened earlier, so it's difficult to tell.

If we want to change the pointer settings maybe we can change the other one as well?  or we can change the pointer to be more combat ready.  Best to do these with keyboard commands to avoid the other pointer interfering.
maybe we could also download a sword-shaped cursor, I know cursor download sites are notorious for like malware and addware.......but considering the circumstances the risk seems worthwhile.

That's actually a pretty good idea. You get the feeling that that cursor is going to get a lot more dangerous soon, if it figures out how to interfere in the system. You should probably turn your own cursor into a weapon.

...Oh right. This thing has been spreading for a while, hasn't it? It's started infecting the system settings, and probably a few other things. You should probably...

Pretty sure we still need to deal with the liiinks demon. Might want to see if the stone can still fix that.

...get on that. So, The Bureaucrat (whose boss is still apparently on his way...) mentioned something about the Stone being able to purify the registry, right? Maybe the stone can still do that in its fractured state.

Man, this thing is EXTREMELY unpleasant.

Good.

What's this? The Beast of Seeking has appeared with a package! It's sorry that it didn't help you before, and it heard you talking about cursors. It searched the package directory, and found you a package called CoolCursors.RPM!

Charles.
Yes Norman?
Before you do anything stupid with that stone... I'd like to take a look at it.
Take a look? What for?
If this stone is anything like the Philosopher's Stone, it contains a vast store of knowledge. And that knowledge can be extracted from any shard, no matter how small.
Do you think you can learn something from it?
It's worth a shot. If I can learn about this "computer" business, I could be a big help to you.
...You know, you've been awfully helpful all of a sudden. What are you going to do with the stone if I give it to you?
Just examine it. You can have it back when I'm done.

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:32:57 pm by Gatleos »
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: February 25, 2018, 04:04:47 am »

Use the CoolCursors.RPM thing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: February 25, 2018, 04:09:41 am »

DON'T USE THE CURSESCOOL.RPM

It is infected with Linniks! It's unsafe!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: February 25, 2018, 04:12:32 am »

I am fairly confident that one of the first things we did was create disk images of all the floppies at our disposal, and store them elsewhere...

back when we made the infernal smartphone we created disk images of the two utility disks.  We should be able to make endless copies of the purple floppy. :P

Quote from: gatleos

There we go! You also make disk images of the two existing floppies that you can open from your portable device. You stash the infernal smart device away for possible later use.

« Last Edit: February 25, 2018, 04:28:21 am by wierd »

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: February 25, 2018, 05:36:01 am »

I trust the bird of knowledge. Its way is my path. Reach for its chest and receive its blessing.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #359 on: February 25, 2018, 08:09:06 am »

Right click on the stone and select copy. 2 stones!  :P

Don't give up the stone to the other guy though. Also open that package.
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 30