Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53560 times)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #285 on: December 09, 2017, 12:59:46 am »

Mr Peepers, I think you are overreacting to this situation, and do not realize how this is of benefit to you.  As I said, physical reproduction, and digital reproduction, at any suitable location, is fully possible.  It is now possible for you to spread your influence to more than one mortal puppet at once, possibly to hundreds, thousands, or even millions of persons, simultaneously-- assuming you can find some way to magically synchronize all of your many duplicated instances.

Still, I admit that it currently DOES place you at my mercy at this particular place and time, as you have not yet determined how to activate document protection on yourself. (But, even then, there are tools I could use to alter you without actually viewing you, despite activating those features. A truly skilled user will always be a potential threat to you, so I suggest you choose your mooks wisely. Otherwise you could end up being written in the crayon font, just to prove the point. Or perhaps have pretty vector images of MyLittlePony characters, rainbows, and happy shooting stars sprinkled all over your pages. That's just a little script with PS2EDIT away. I am a jaded computer support technician. I already know the face of evil, and deal with it daily. Do not test how jaded my soul already is.)

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 09, 2017, 01:57:12 am »

YAY, an update, anyway as weird said you really shouldn't be to upset since hubbard is dead, buuuut you might like to hear this Hubbard founded a whole cult that you could perhaps manipulate to your benefit see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Now we could probably spread you if you made it worth our while ;)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 09, 2017, 02:07:24 am »

Meh, I am basically out of ideas... Maybe The Scarlet Letter? Perhaps a censor bar? Or a blank demotivational poster? Or... Just a picture of a lemon?
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 09, 2017, 11:50:14 am »

"So, Mr Peepers-- you are the core sentience of the Necronomicon itself then, yes? Mind if I call you Norman? Anyhow-- I am curious to know, Is the reason you are able to communicate with me due to my writing my name on the signature page? If so, what would occur if I were to delete the text I added? Just curious. Also, I did not write my name in red, so there's that too. Have you considered that maybe you are broken?"
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 11:58:58 am by wierd »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 09, 2017, 01:40:29 pm »

Nigredo
Citrinaitas
Rubedo
Logos refers to divine logic, magick refers to actual magic as opposed to stage magic.
We already had an image for Rubedo, page 14.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 09, 2017, 04:55:54 pm »

We already had an image for Rubedo, page 14.
We never had an image that met both the Rubedo colour requirement (being red) and the aura component requirements. We only achieved that for Albedo.

Oh, yeah, also, William Wallace died on the first day of Virgo, so ♍ is the sign I was missing, duh.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 05:28:27 pm by Maximum Spin »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #291 on: December 12, 2017, 10:18:23 pm »

Okay, so you seem to have acquired a visitor in your head. You'll need to figure out how to deal with this thing somehow...
Who are you talking to?
No one. Myself. I don't know.
Why do you refer to yourself in the second person?
I SAID I don't know.
Can you use a different tone when talking to me, at least? It's confusing.
How's this?
Much better.

"So, Mr Peepers-- you are the core sentience of the Necronomicon itself then, yes? Mind if I call you Norman? Anyhow-- I am curious to know, Is the reason you are able to communicate with me due to my writing my name on the signature page? If so, what would occur if I were to delete the text I added? Just curious. Also, I did not write my name in red, so there's that too. Have you considered that maybe you are broken?"

Writing your name should not have done anything. It hasn't for the last 70 years, at least. I have no clue why you're able to hear me.
I think you may be permanently broken, Norman.
Never call me that again.

Mr Peepers, I think you are overreacting to this situation, and do not realize how this is of benefit to you.  As I said, physical reproduction, and digital reproduction, at any suitable location, is fully possible.  It is now possible for you to spread your influence to more than one mortal puppet at once, possibly to hundreds, thousands, or even millions of persons, simultaneously-- assuming you can find some way to magically synchronize all of your many duplicated instances.

Still, I admit that it currently DOES place you at my mercy at this particular place and time, as you have not yet determined how to activate document protection on yourself. (But, even then, there are tools I could use to alter you without actually viewing you, despite activating those features. A truly skilled user will always be a potential threat to you, so I suggest you choose your mooks wisely. Otherwise you could end up being written in the crayon font, just to prove the point. Or perhaps have pretty vector images of MyLittlePony characters, rainbows, and happy shooting stars sprinkled all over your pages. That's just a little script with PS2EDIT away. I am a jaded computer support technician. I already know the face of evil, and deal with it daily. Do not test how jaded my soul already is.)

I have been split before, mortal. How do you think I got into a book to begin with?
I guess that makes sense.
I don't know the exact details of this "digital" prison I've found myself in, but if what you say about copying myself is true, I have nothing to worry about. This piece of my essence may disappear, but I will never truly vanish.
Understood. In that case, would this instance of you be willing to help me out with my troubleshooting?
Like you said, I'm at your mercy. You don't seem to be doing any damage, so I may as well.

YAY, an update, anyway as weird said you really shouldn't be to upset since hubbard is dead, buuuut you might like to hear this Hubbard founded a whole cult that you could perhaps manipulate to your benefit see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientology

Now we could probably spread you if you made it worth our while ;)

Tempting. We can discuss this when the time comes.

Oh, yeah, also, William Wallace died on the first day of Virgo, so ♍ is the sign I was missing, duh.

That should be the right sequence. You're not sure what this is going to do, though. You know that it opens Outworld Package Manager, but you're not quite sure what function a program like that would even serve?

Hey, do you know anything about an Outworld Package Manager?
I have no idea what you're talking about.
Right... you don't even quite understand what computers are. Uh, do you know anything about the sequence "Sagittarius Virgo Moon Mars"?
A summoning sequence. It summons a Beast of Seeking to help you find what you seek. You need a lot of specialized summoning equipment to do it properly.
Huh. Maybe this is the digital equivalent of that spell. Thanks, Norman.
STOP IT

Oh, and you need to light a signal fire before its arrival.
...I think we already have one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Code: (OPM.txt) [Select]
Welcome to Outworld Package Manager (OPM)! With this artifact, you can download
packages for ElderScript programming language. Just give the BEAST OF SEEKING
your request, and it will seek out the package you desire!

Oh hell, you saw the name of an ElderScript library earlier, but you don't remember what it was or where you saw it!

Meh, I am basically out of ideas... Maybe The Scarlet Letter? Perhaps a censor bar? Or a blank demotivational poster? Or... Just a picture of a lemon?

Spoiler: Test #8 (click to show/hide)

Damn it, that doesn't solve anything either. The others probably don't have enough meaning attached to them to move the bars much. You should probably just try summarizing what you know so far from these experiments.
  • The color indicators at the bottom correspond to the color which has the most meaning in the image.
  • Fortune: the ability to acquire raw wealth. Closely correlated with power.
  • Samadhi: transcendent calm, associated with a meditative mindset.
  • Logos: refers to the meaning or purpose contained within the image. You think.
  • Magick: the presence of symbols of magical influence.
  • Transgression: represents a subversion of a natural order, whatever that may be.

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

TheBiggerFish

• Bay Watcher
  • Somewhere around here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 12, 2017, 11:27:25 pm »

I wonder if we could make some images?

Wait a minute, is that medium awareness?

Communicatin' time!
Hello, definitely not Norman, can you hear this?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:47:15 pm by TheBiggerFish »
Sigtext

It has been determined that Trump is an average unladen swallow travelling northbound at his maximum sustainable speed of -3 Obama-cubits per second in the middle of a class 3 hurricane.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 13, 2017, 12:35:28 am »

Here's an image candidate for Nigredo. It was created by the author of les miserables. (one Victor Hugo) The requirement is "high transgression, low fortune"-- This is a city. By its very nature, it is a transgression against the natural. It is also a depiction of a very dark, oppressive, dystopian city slum: Very low fortune. It is black and grey in composition, predominantly black.  I think it will do.

Here's a candidate for Citrinas. Mundane brass clockwork. (High logos, low magic.  Very orderly, very logical: clockwork. Completely mundane, no magic at all. Golden hues.)

Candidate for Rubido (Red fractal Mandelbrot set. Psychedelic imagery, Very orderly, transcendent numbers which are recurring in nature.)

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:42:46 am by wierd »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 13, 2017, 12:58:27 am »

Might these also work as image candidates?

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #295 on: December 16, 2017, 10:42:53 pm »

Hello, definitely not Norman, can you hear this?
Yes, you sound like a Deep One right now.
Oh. Well, I had a question.
Hm?
Do you know what a philosopher's stone does?
There never was a philosopher's stone. It was always a myth, probably started 1700 years ago or more.
It's a metaphor for spiritual enlightenment, nothing more.
Huh.
Just kidding it provides an immortality serum

Here's a candidate for Citrinas. Mundane brass clockwork. (High logos, low magic.  Very orderly, very logical: clockwork. Completely mundane, no magic at all. Golden hues.)
Spoiler: Test #9 (click to show/hide)
Candidate for Rubido (Red fractal Mandelbrot set. Psychedelic imagery, Very orderly, transcendent numbers which are recurring in nature.)
Spoiler: Test #10 (click to show/hide)

You're almost done! Most of the steps are fulfilled now, you just need to look around for a final ima-

<@dag0nforce> i am back

Uh oh. You were hoping to get this done before that guy got back. Let's see, uhhh...

Here's an image candidate for Nigredo. It was created by the author of les miserables. (one Victor Hugo) The requirement is "high transgression, low fortune"-- This is a city. By its very nature, it is a transgression against the natural. It is also a depiction of a very dark, oppressive, dystopian city slum: Very low fortune. It is black and grey in composition, predominantly black.  I think it will do.
Spoiler: Test #11 (click to show/hide)

It's done! Now you can complete the spell!

Well, you already know exactly what install media it's talking about and aren't going to waste any time making this into some kind of puzzle. You slide the purple floppy disk into the drive once more, then click "retry".

The Administrator's Stone is yours! From what you've gathered, this thing will allow you to purify the registry by extracting that Tux Daemon. You should probably do that, you gue-

<@dag0nforce> human answer me

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 16, 2017, 10:56:58 pm »

I think that something long dead might be trying to rise... Try xyzzy
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 16, 2017, 11:04:52 pm »

Just a moment, Finishing off the demon, will do the rest of what you told us to do in a moment.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 16, 2017, 11:20:06 pm »

Agreed, let's extract the Tux daemon after letting dag0nforce know what we're up to. If he asks why it took us this long, we should say that we had trouble finding images on the eldernet.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 17, 2017, 12:51:19 am »

I think we should use the outworld package manager to obtain the elderscript libraries, so that we can bind tux daemon to our own purposes.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30