Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30

Author Topic: Tech Support [ACT 2] [ᚦᛖ᛫ᚷᛟᛚᛞᛖᚾ᛫ᛒᚱᛖᛞ᛫ᛁᛉ᛫ᛖᛏᛖᚱᚾᚨᛚ]  (Read 53673 times)

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
Re: Tech Support [ᚦᛖ᛫ᛟᛚᛞ᛫ᚹᚢᚾᛉ᛫ᚨᚱ᛫ᚨᚹᚨᚲ]
« Reply #270 on: November 28, 2017, 03:10:06 pm »

You really want to start conveying this stuff through less mass?
what do you mean?
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 28, 2017, 03:56:01 pm »

A flatter screen means less mundane material to filter the signals through before they reach us...
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 28, 2017, 04:08:59 pm »

Glass in the front of a CRT is nearly a half inch thick. Just sayin.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 28, 2017, 05:20:19 pm »

Maybe we should look into window tinting.
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Read the First Post!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 28, 2017, 05:36:51 pm »

Maybe we should look into window tinting.
Yes we should tint the window purple.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:38:56 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 28, 2017, 09:49:16 pm »

I see that you are infected with a memetic virus there Paxie. 

I like my idea better, but if you insist on giving this thing some form of agency, we can draw a happy face on the post-it, so when the horrible purple voice starts talking to us from behind the post-it, we have a 'face' to associate it with instead of a horrible bulging eyeball.

(Personallly, I would say a modification of the sealing glyph used to seal the network stack scribbled on the post-it, then slapped in place once we load the page would be more amusing. But you guys seem fixated on entertaining this thing.)

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 28, 2017, 11:22:56 pm »

We are merely reciprocating, that thing is very entertaining!
Read the First Post!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #277 on: November 30, 2017, 06:52:12 pm »

It seems we managed to find images that fulfill everything except Albedo, so let's try the White Album (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:TheBeatles68LP.jpg) and see what happens, although I'd honestly expect that to have high samadhi... but then the relationship between the aura types and the recipe steps seems unclear, given that the Rolling Stones cover apparently fulfilled Nigredo despite having higher fortune than transgression.

Spoiler: Test #6 (click to show/hide)
This one fulfilled rubedo again, but doesn't have a particularly strong effect on any of the attributes aside from transgression.
Spoiler: Test #7 (click to show/hide)
Success! You think. The more tests you run, the more you realize that the aura parameters don't really have much relation to the color. One can be fulfilled without the other, as shown by Test #2. This one, however, fulfilled both the color association and aura parameter requirements. You really expected high Samadhi from this one, though. Well, obviously you had the wrong definition of Samadhi in mind! Look again.

Low Samadhi. Yeah, that's a good explanation. You're glad you thought of it. (?!?)

Look for serial numbers on the Forbidden Keypad. If found, use Hieronet to find product information about it.

Look, you really don't want to know what the online computer hardware shopping experience is like on the Hieronet. Instead, you decide to perform a regular google search for "forbidden keypad shortcuts". You get exactly one relevant result:

Good, more cryptic bullshit.

let's try writing on page 482 via MS Paint, but do so In green block letters rather than blood and add a smiley face so that Mr purple can stop being so sad.
I also move that we not obey purple. Listen to it in case it inadvertently reveals something interesting, but do not obey it.
Clearly we should go back to the purple guy, but instead of obeying, demonstrate our stronger willpower and force it to obey us instead.

Look, you're not sure where you got the eyeball thing from, but this is just a normal page. If you would just write on the paper in your own blood, that would be gre--

HOW DARE YOU DEFILE MY PAGES WITH THIS HIDEOUS FONT

Then put a Post-It on the monitor. Jeeze, do I have to think of everything?

What is a pdf?

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 30, 2017, 07:44:04 pm »

"Portable Document Format Mr Peepers.  The format was created by horrible human engineers (Like Warnock) at Adobe Inc in the early 90s, and later the 1.0 specification for PDF was released in 1991. It is of course, based on prior work from Adobe in digital typesetting and document markup, specifically their PostScript and font format specifications. It allows a document to be read and edited anywhere, and even reproduced in physical form locally at any location with a suitable computer and printer. Now, if you keep complaining about the font, I will EMBED the font into the PDF for all eternity, you dig? And if you KEEP complaining after that, I will use the Comic Papyrus font, and trust me, you don't want that. So let's just be friends, OK?"

If "Peeping (Dopefish) Tom" does not stop acting like a dirtbag after that, we can always threaten to share his page on Reddit and 4chan. (Because there are horrors there even eldritch abominations should not endure.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 08:14:07 pm by wierd »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 30, 2017, 08:54:29 pm »

I CANT BREATH, THAT WAS TOO FUNNY, anyway since is being such a gromp maybe we could try  copy pasing some glittery objects onto his page with some photoediting program?

might I recommend several of these to cheer him up?

EDIT: also attempt to get back in touch with eldrich tech support.
EDIT2: What are you talking about my image barley got any transgression it was most strong with logos, whatever that is?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 09:03:04 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 30, 2017, 11:46:36 pm »

Heh, dopefish. Haven't seen that in a while. So I guess "fulfilling the (whatever)" as indicated by the icons at the bottom of the aura monitor is independent from fulfilling it with the *right* aura parameters? It sounded on the recipe card like the aura parameters were an essential part of the steps.

So, uh, scroll way up on the signatures page to see if William Wallace ever had the Necronomicon? I'm guessing the first character is ♐ because Wallace's symbol was a bow, and the third and fourth ☾(I guess we're in the southern hemisphere? That should be a waning moon in the northern hemisphere, but there isn't any ☽) and ♂, but I'm not sure what the sign of his death is, since he was hanged, drawn, and quartered, and none of the characters obviously evoke that.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 01, 2017, 12:23:27 am »

I believe that the symbols refer to colour and the coloured bars refer to symbolism. Although the symbols might also have a colour and that might be important? But I wouldn't want to match one without the other. But then again there are only two mentioned symbolisms for each element of the spell. We can hope that the symbolisms not mentioned are not important...
Read the First Post!

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 01, 2017, 06:28:53 pm »

Since the eye referred to the green writing as defiling it's own pages, may we not infer that the eye is whatever entity lives in it?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 01, 2017, 09:42:09 pm »

DO THE RITUAL by changing desktops in the correct order.

And open the Sigil Tablet so we can see what it is used for.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #284 on: December 09, 2017, 12:33:03 am »

"Portable Document Format Mr Peepers.  The format was created by horrible human engineers (Like Warnock) at Adobe Inc in the early 90s, and later the 1.0 specification for PDF was released in 1991. It is of course, based on prior work from Adobe in digital typesetting and document markup, specifically their PostScript and font format specifications. It allows a document to be read and edited anywhere, and even reproduced in physical form locally at any location with a suitable computer and printer. Now, if you keep complaining about the font, I will EMBED the font into the PDF for all eternity, you dig? And if you KEEP complaining after that, I will use the Comic Papyrus font, and trust me, you don't want that. So let's just be friends, OK?"

A copy? Of me? That's impossible. No man could make a copy of The Necronomicon, he would go mad before he could transcribe a single page! Hundreds have tried.
Well, looks like someone had a computer do it for them.
A computer. What is that, some kind of slave?
Sort of. I think you were copied around the year 2000, I'm pretty sure you should know what a computer is if you were paying attention. What's the last thing you remember?
War. Lots of war. Those Watching From Between and Behind were pleased by all of the suffering.
World wars, maybe?
That sounds about right? I don't know.
That was over 70 years ago. I think you have some catching up to do.

DO THE RITUAL by changing desktops in the correct order.

You can't! You've only managed to find a suitable candidate for the Albedo stage of the alchemical formula. The other three remain unsolved. It's probably not too urgent that you figure this out now, but...

Okay, maybe it's a tiny bit urgent. The Tux Daemon seems to have completely seeped into the registry.
What's happening?
Uh, my computer isn't doing very well right now. A daemon is eating away at it from the inside.
Sounds like you need a purifying spell.
Yeah, I'm working on it.

And open the Sigil Tablet so we can see what it is used for.

Well, our eldritch irc buddy informed us earlier that a Sigil Tablet can be used to absorb and store various types of magical sigil. The one you've got here seems to already have a sigil stored in it, however! Looks like the same sigil that was on your internet settings screen, which means it's a sealing sigil! Maybe you could use this thing to your advantage somehow. You'd ask Mr. Bureaucrat about it through irc, but he doesn't seem to have returned yet.

I'm guessing the first character is ♐ because Wallace's symbol was a bow, and the third and fourth ☾(I guess we're in the southern hemisphere? That should be a waning moon in the northern hemisphere, but there isn't any ☽) and ♂, but I'm not sure what the sign of his death is, since he was hanged, drawn, and quartered, and none of the characters obviously evoke that.

Those seem plausible, you think. Maybe the "sign of his death" doesn't represent the nature of the death, but something else about it? These symbols have multiple meanings within their respective symbologies, you know.

So, uh, scroll way up on the signatures page to see if William Wallace ever had the Necronomicon?

Right. You actually hadn't thought of any owners before the ones listed. Let's take a look at the top of the signature page again.

...Nope. Looks like Crowley was the first one to write his name in here. Unless... maybe Steve Jobs didn't scan an earlier page, with more signatures? You're not sure why he would--
THERE HE IS.
What?
It was him! He did this to me, I remember now!
You're being vague, who are you talking about?
This copying process, turning me into a "PDF" as you called it, must have disoriented me. But I remember now.
 I remember 1945, and that FAT IDIOT BREAKING THE BLOOD RITUAL.

Who, the scribbled out name there?
Yes. Of all the ignorant mortals to whom I have been a possession, this one was the most arrogant, and he ruined the ritual. I was meant to be passed on to another, a protégé of sorts to my previous owner. But THIS ONE interrupted it, writing his own name in place of the next rightful owner!
Was that a problem?
The ceremony confers the Curse of Perception upon the subject, allowing them to hear my dark instructions. In interrupting the ceremony, he broke the chain, silencing my only method of influence, and deafening me to the outside world. I was mute from that day forward.
Until now, you mean.
...Until now.

Spoiler: Documents (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Programs (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)
Forbidden Keypad
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30