Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38

Author Topic: Procedurally Generated Mafia- GAME OVER MAFIA WIN  (Read 80456 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: Procedurally Generated Mafia - D2 - Two De-rezzed
« Reply #210 on: October 27, 2017, 04:44:40 pm »

If you swap with me you won't get two swaps. I don't have swap anymore. I swapped it away. You'll get something not-swap. Something good! Or you can not do that, of course. Your call, I'm just saying I wouldn't be upset if I got swap again.

As for your last line, I thought you already figured that out.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 27, 2017, 05:11:03 pm »

FofU: Well, the good news is I'm reasonably confident you're not mafia now, because you'd have to be really stupid to stake your reputation on calling me mafia like that knowing I'd turn out to be town when the day ended.
Yeah, if you flip town, we know he's not mafia because they wouldn't do something so obviously scummy -- hey wait... WIFOM.
One wheel short of a wagon

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 27, 2017, 05:27:44 pm »

As a matter of fact, I targetted nobody, because I never had a night-usable action during that night.
If you targeted nobody, you should have gained an action from my Santa Party. If you targeted somebody other than me(probably), you should have gained an action.

You are lying mafia.

I have an ace in the hole here. Santa Party was originally Shakerag's action. He knows what it says. Meaning he can confirm my statement.

Shakerag: Please read the above.
Yeah, that sounds about right.  If Maximum Spin didn't target anyone then he should have gotten an action.  If you targeted BHK like you said, then anyone else who targeted someone who targeted BHK had a chance of not getting an ability.  So, for example, if Leafsnail also targeted BHK last night and Maximum Spin killed Leafsnail, then he would have a 50/50 chance of not getting an ability (assuming no one else targeted BHK). 

That said, I targeted no one last night and now I have two abilities.  So if Maximum Spin is telling the truth that he only has one ability, either he's lying about not actioning anyone last night or NQT screwed up.  Or someone has an ability that steals but does not swap abilities (and MS is not reporting that he had an ability stolen).

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 27, 2017, 05:33:29 pm »

I only have one action.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 27, 2017, 05:39:43 pm »

*hi-fives Shakerag*

In any case, I think that if Spin gained an ability, and then lost it, he would know at least that he gained an ability and then lost it.

If anybody mass-gifted an action, it was targetted in such a way as to (however it happens to work) exclude me.

But do see this: he didn't get one in the first place. Didn't get one and then lose it, didn't get one.

So there's a lie here. Either he's lying about not getting an ability or lying about not targeting me(or not targeting someone visiting BHK).

So I know where my vote's staying.
~~~
FofU: Well, the good news is I'm reasonably confident you're not mafia now, because you'd have to be really stupid to stake your reputation on calling me mafia like that knowing I'd turn out to be town when the day ended.
I'm glad you don't think I'm mafia, but my preference would be for you to respond to my argument. If you're not scum, what makes my argument wrong?
~~~
I only have one action.
You ninjad me. Please elaborate.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 27, 2017, 06:20:15 pm »

Where exactly is "actions made + new abilities gained = exactly 1", per person, specified? That seems to be an assumption, and one I can't personally attest to.

Noting that there are by now likely multiple instances of various Action Types (possibly even most of them, potentially all of them), after whatever  D1 and N2 shuffling and duplicating has happened.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 27, 2017, 09:40:14 pm »

With 10 people alive, who think Massclaiming is a good idea :P
I say nay because I pretty much claimed my everything[/AHEM] -.- [/untilD3]

Where exactly is "actions made + new abilities gained = exactly 1", per person, specified? That seems to be an assumption, and one I can't personally attest to.

Noting that there are by now likely multiple instances of various Action Types (possibly even most of them, potentially all of them), after whatever  D1 and N2 shuffling and duplicating has happened.
Can y'all gather all this shufflin' stuff? Other than what I read D1 and all :V

THAT MEANS SOMEONE WHO ISN'T ME DID IT BECAUSE I WAS ASLEEP!

Wait wow much wow. Wow wow!

NOBODY MENTIONED (at least in my currently emergency-energy driven memory because of lack of sleep) THAT THE SWAP ABILITY IS A DAY ACTION.

Quote from: For the newbies, quoting PMs is not good. This however is me quoting stuff from actions and stuff. So y'all can assume I am good at formatting and can fake stuff to help. It is only with narrative connections where these things get messy, like attaching what is written here with what I wrote above.
Once per day you can swap this ability with an ability belonging to your target. Action: Swap

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 27, 2017, 09:46:20 pm »

I definitely established that I had used the swap power during the day when I swapped with cb'99. By the way, there's also a role-morphing passive lurking around out there, which would definitely add to the ability shuffling problem.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 27, 2017, 10:15:06 pm »

If you still have the swap Tiru you can swap back with me, I wanted to independently confirm whatever information you had on Leafy and TDS.

Speaking of frames, my gift last night was a frame, yet another ability that's completely fucking useless to me.

More later, am at work.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 27, 2017, 10:16:03 pm »

I definitely established that I had used the swap power during the day when I swapped with cb'99. By the way, there's also a role-morphing passive lurking around out there, which would definitely add to the ability shuffling problem.
Oh before I forget, yeah that was my original role.  Anyone who targeted me overrode a random person's ability with their role.  That passive then got swapped away from me in what I can only assume (given nobody mentioned it before) was the first swap of the game and I have no idea where it went.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 27, 2017, 10:22:51 pm »

Oh before I forget, yeah that was my original role.  Anyone who targeted me overrode a random person's ability with their role.  That passive then got swapped away from me in what I can only assume (given nobody mentioned it before) was the first swap of the game and I have no idea where it went.
Interesting. Who did you swap with next?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 27, 2017, 10:46:18 pm »

Hum. Looks like we've got people talking, and it seems its enough to trace claims.

Presuming I'm telling da TWOOTH:
- Tiruin
- TheDarkStar
- Fallacy of Urist
- NJW2000
- Starver
- Maximum Spin
- Shakerag
- 4maskwolf
- kingawsume
- BlackHeartKabal
- juicebox
Day 1
Nope no day action [Night instead]
??? (I say he didn't act N1 because I tracked him and Leafsnail)
??? (Sounds clueless and votes Max S because 'lying')
??? (Probably not him given the clueless tone like me)
Max.S' dayswap
Has Night action instead
See: Max S.
???
???
???

Ho hum, looks like the QUIET PEOPLE who aren't posting much COULD BE THE CULPRIT or we've got overt scum acting in the day.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 27, 2017, 11:03:27 pm »

This is what I know: Leafsnail almost certainly swapped the swap action onto me, since the Cure action he died with is probably the one I had. I really did have it, by the way. Where he got it from, I couldn't say. I passed it to cb'99; where it went from there... I have suspicions about. But nothing concrete.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 27, 2017, 11:54:03 pm »

This is what I know: Leafsnail almost certainly swapped the swap action onto me, since the Cure action he died with is probably the one I had. I really did have it, by the way. Where he got it from, I couldn't say. I passed it to cb'99; where it went from there... I have suspicions about. But nothing concrete.
He got swapped is what is. Gift is a night action judging from what I read, and he presumably didn't mention it wait I'M BUSY CONCENTRATING ON MY BOARD EXAMS, BRAIN D:< (people go check it up -_- please)

Well he said stuff and I'm pretty sure he didn't start the game with 2 stuff.
Or he did and everyone can action 2 people :v

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 28, 2017, 12:33:05 am »

Clarification: I assume he got the cure action from me, unless there were two floating around; I'm not sure whether he got the swap action at the start or had it swapped onto him.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 38