Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: Doki doki literature club: only META~  (Read 19295 times)

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
  • Normal Person Doing Normal Things
    • View Profile
Re: Doki doki literature club: only META~
« Reply #45 on: November 18, 2017, 08:24:15 am »

I mean't emotionally speaking. There are people out there who literally cannot complete the game because it's too devastating for them. I'm not one of them, but I do feel sorry for those who can't experience it in its fullest.

Stay calm Derpy. I also had to take a break after Sayori died.

I bet Team Salvato feels proud of the fact that they could hit the player with such a shotgun of sadness like this game. It is quite the accomplishment.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 18, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

I mean't emotionally speaking. There are people out there who literally cannot complete the game because it's too devastating for them. I'm not one of them, but I do feel sorry for those who can't experience it in its fullest.

Stay calm Derpy. I also had to take a break after Sayori died.

I bet Team Salvato feels proud of the fact that they could hit the player with such a shotgun of sadness like this game. It is quite the accomplishment.

I was actually very impressed by what it managed to do to me, even when I made sure not to let myself get too attached to the characters. I knew (vaguely, through tropes and such) what was coming and it still hit me more than I expected.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 18, 2017, 02:19:10 pm »

Holy hell the recent session terrified me :O

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 04:04:21 pm by Derpy Dev »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 18, 2017, 02:58:31 pm »

Managed to not spoiler it for yourself, eh?
Ok, question. Probably a bit spoilerish, but i'm not sure.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 18, 2017, 03:16:40 pm »

Spoiler: Here's your answer (click to show/hide)
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 18, 2017, 05:48:42 pm »

You know what time it is? Backpedaling time. I think a theory I made a bit back might have been inaccurate. So I'm gonna think it over again.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 18, 2017, 05:53:05 pm »

Hehe, that was what this post was about:

ACTUALLY

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 18, 2017, 09:52:46 pm »

Hehe, found a description of what your choice of character says about you, and turns out it was dead on the money for my choice of Yuri.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:04 am »

Yup, that's who I chose too, and that about sums it up.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 19, 2017, 01:54:57 am »

Damn that's an old one. It was one of the first ddlc memes I ever saw and that was literally a month ago. Kind of wish I knew the psychology of the person who wrote it though. It seems like it's just a fan being ironic, but the stuff on the Monika panel contains a common criticism of the game by its detractors. My searches for the original have been unsuccessful so far...

EDIT: Found what I think is the original. Have to say, the person who made this is very interesting. He seems to be an IRL Monika fan, but could just be being ironic. Then again, irony is accounted for in the description. He fits it to a tee. Most interesting thing is that he disappeared for a few months, but then DDLC seemed to have brought him back. I see a lot of high quality fanart in his post history, but based on the differing styles, I assume a lot of it is reposts (some of them I've confirmed to be reposts btw). I still think he was the original author of this one though. It's just too good a fit.

It would be nice to hear in detail what his opinion on the game is (does he agree with the criticism mentioned above? Or does he fit the description even better?), but I don't think that will ever happen.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 02:20:48 am by heydude6 »
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 19, 2017, 08:18:45 pm »

So I've made a habit of sharing my thoughts after opening the game and playing for a bit. My thoughts today: WTF.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 19, 2017, 08:29:44 pm »

I don't want to shatter your illusion of free will too much, but do keep in mind that probably none of those options will change the underlying problem. You know who I'm talking about. The other two might get creepy sometimes, but they're not really crazy or bad until she makes them so.

Hmm, yes. I won't allow myself to reinstall and simply tread the same miserable path again in the hopes of finding something new. But instead, this will be my "second playthrough". By influencing you, just like she influences them. For science. You monster.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 08:33:16 pm by Egan_BW »

Derpy Dev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 19, 2017, 08:57:39 pm »

I don't want to shatter your illusion of free will too much, but do keep in mind that probably none of those options will change the underlying problem. You know who I'm talking about. The other two might get creepy sometimes, but they're not really crazy or bad until she makes them so.

Hmm, yes. I won't allow myself to reinstall and simply tread the same miserable path again in the hopes of finding something new. But instead, this will be my "second playthrough". By influencing you, just like she influences them. For science. You monster.
Don't think I didn't see that.
Yeah. I had a feeling that was true. Oh well. Guess I'll keep playing this game of wits with them.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 19, 2017, 08:58:34 pm »

I'll be honest, I can't really help you there. When I played the game, I chose (I say this now that I'm looking back) the "best" choice, but I can't really tell you what that is or else I'll ruin it. The only thing I can do is hope that you choose the choice that gets you the most out of the game.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Shining
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 19, 2017, 09:18:35 pm »

Spoiler: spoiler convo, I guess (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8