Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [OOC] [9/10 Players]  (Read 13059 times)

spümpkin

• Bay Watcher
  • coming to you live from the action
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [OOC] [0/8 Players] [Recruiting]
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 02:05:42 am »

« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:54:15 am by spümpkin »
Quote from: Sergarr
When in doubt, use puns.
Quote from: Calidovi
in our own special way we are all shitpost
each day, when the sun shines and greets us with a smile, at least one of us finds that inner strength to spout bullshit on a forum revolving around the systemized slaughter of midgets
dont call me a shitposter, call me a spirit one with the shitpost atman
Quote from: Descan
that's pretty gay

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 03:31:18 am »

Annnnnnnd Sheet! Let me know what you think ok? Feel free to yell at me if you spot anything wrong with it ok?

Spoiler: And You're Grounded! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 12:48:13 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 06:10:41 pm »

« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 05:50:55 pm by kj1225 »

Aliemma

• Bay Watcher
  • Rejecting reality and substituting my own.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2017, 11:09:54 am »

AAAAAaand PTW. Expect a sheet... eventually, probably this week.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2017, 03:33:16 pm »

AAAAAaand PTW. Expect a sheet... eventually, probably this week.
Eyo Jerila ;)
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Gary_S_Modd

• Bay Watcher
  • chaos...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2017, 09:33:51 am »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 10:54:44 pm by Gary_S_Modd »
~Gary S. Modd

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 20, 2017, 08:50:37 am »

Alright, boyos, time for the first sheet review. Anyone I don't get this time around because you haven't made a sheet yet, I'm having a look at your sheets next Friday, so that'll give you guys about an extra week to fix yours.

-snip-
Nothing to report. Backstory's good. You're all set.

-snip-
The only mechanical issue I have with this is that Incapacitating Conjuration has a useless drawback as Juliet is a balanced attacker now rather than a ranged speedster. You'll need a stronger drawback. Backstory-wise, you're good.

Just fix the drawback and you're set.

-snip-
BLANK BANSHEE needs to run off of Mobility rather than Defense. Anything to do with rolling around or phasing to avoid attacks is Mobility rather than Defense; think of it as the difference between avoiding an attack and wearing armor to negate it. Videotape is a pain to run, so I'd prefer not to run it unless absolutely necessary. If possible, do try to restrict it to Taro. LOADING is a no-go; it screws directly with turn-order, which goes against the 'no crunch can affect the system' rule.

Backstory-wise, very interesting. I like it.

-snip-
We fixed the main mechanical issue with this last night, and backstory-wise you're good. Nothing to report.

-snip-
Your stats are all over the place and very inaccurate for what they do, in particular your ranged attacks. Rune Storm, any ranged Pyrokinesis, Maelstrom and anything else you have at range is going to be absolutely terrible at 2 Ranged, even if you super-focus your stat description on them. Also, I'd like you to be clearer on what Enchant Magic Item does. If it's a permanent enchantment, I'm noping it; persistent things between battles are an automatic no. His actual role is also very unclear; it seems like Ash is trying to do too much of everything and failing very badly at it.

Backstory-wise, it seems very sparse and rushed to me, and all the detail seems to be filtered out in favour of quantity of events. You need to expand on this a lot more if you want this to be better.

-snip-
No tanking stuff by taking it in the backside. Aside from that, you're good. Backstory's interesting, so that's a point in your favour.

-snip-
Nothing to report on mechanically and an interesting backstory. You're good to go.

-snip-
Shield Wall has a bad drawback; as with Juliet's drawback, it weakens Brynhildr in a stat that she hardly uses anyway, as Brynhildr doesn't dodge and doesn't have the capability to dodge anyway. Give it a more substantial drawback. Also, she has no way of drawing aggro or forcing enemies to engage her, which weakens her as a meatshield tank; if she can't force enemies to attack her, they'll just ignore her and attack her allies. She needs either some way of closing in (which would go off her very weak Mobility stat) or some way of dragging them in to her.

Backstory-wise, needs more elaboration on the genetic bloodline part and who the Lodbroks are. That's a potentially interesting lore hook that gets more or less sidelined, and as you've not put much about Ragnar himself it's not particularly great on that front either.

-snip-
Kaboom does nothing; her explosions are already covered by what her stats do, and neither does Explosooooooshun, as you could fluff her transformation as her first attack to begin with. Anybody want some Barbeque is noped; it persists between battles, which is a pain to keep track of.

Backstory-wise, nothing in particular to say.

People with sheets that don't need fixing: Jilladilla, BlitzDungeoneer, KingMurdoc, spümpkin
People with only minor fixes needed: DragonRage, Gary_S_Modd
People with major fixes needed: Sl4cker, kj225, Glass

Anyone I forgot or who hasn't submitted a sheet yet, I will get around to you next Friday.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 20, 2017, 09:06:18 am »

:-\ I guess Ash wasn't communicated very well, and the stats don't line up great with what I already had in mind.
Oh well. Time to figure out something else.

Spoiler: Octavian Grey (click to show/hide)
EDIT: Octavian is up and ready for review.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:18:22 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 04:58:48 pm »

Spoiler: Yui Akiyama (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2018, 11:04:55 am by Projeck37 »
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2017, 08:43:05 am »

« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 06:42:07 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2017, 04:47:59 pm »

Spoiler:  Irina Maksimova (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:49:01 pm by Akroma »
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2017, 06:14:13 pm »

Wow, this is filling up rapidly.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2017, 03:46:58 pm »

Spoiler: Amelie Kurosawa (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 07:33:45 am by Twinwolf »
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2017, 04:02:00 pm »

Time for the second sheet review. Anyone who submits a sheet after this point, there's no guarantee I'll have a look at your sheet or that you'll get in as I will likely be making selections over this weekend.

Anyone who already had their sheets approved, you're good.

-snip-
Your fix was approved. You're good to go.

-snip-
LOADING can be resisted by opponents with the right stat descriptors, eye of truth will likely have the headache as the true drawback as it'll screw with all of his other skills. Unless you want to further optimise skills, though, you're basically set.

-snip-
Cold Iron does not negate magic here lorewise, so you might need to figure another name out for that.  Otherwise, you should be good.

Backstory-wise, we've resolved the main issue. You should be good to go.

-snip-
You're good, unless you want to further optimise. Stay Here might want a different drawback though; having lower attack will make it harder for Ragnar to inflict damage on a pinned opponent.

-snip-
You haven't fixed anything I asked you to fix. Kaboom is still useless, Exploshuuuun and Anyone want some barbeque still need to be removed. Your Advantage is also useless; as you are a melee character with explosive weapons, you're not likely to miss ever. If you need an example as to how encounters look in this system, look here, it might help you make edits to Junko's skills.

-snip-
Apart from optimisation issues and you needing to put down your new Advantage, you're good.

Backstory-wise, you're good to go.

-snip-
Soloist Grandiose just improves your Advantage; you don't need to change it, but if you want to change it out for something else, you're good. Also Final Crescendo is going to be quite weak as she has no buffs in her offensive stat descriptors. Otherwise, good mechanics and backstory-wise.

-snip-
Apart from anything you might want to optimise, sheet is fine mechanics-wise. I do have to warn you that you're competing in a massively overcrowded niche as it is; at least half the applicants are also doing ranged characters with high damage output and durability.

Backstory-wise, I'm a little iffy on it, but it's nothing that goes against anything I've written up already.

-snip-
Mechanics-wise, Amelie's a little bit of a mess; her Mobility doesn't mention anything about her Ally Shift, which weakens it a fair bit, and her lack of skill will make it harder for her to utilise her Momentum or Advantage to the fullest, though that isn't really much of a problem because of what the Advantage does anyway. Hit and Run is likely going to be more useful for mobility rather than damage as a result of your mobility focus. However, there aren't a lot of problems that need immediate fixing, mostly just optimisation.

Backstory-wise, you're a little sparse, but that's my fault for rushing you. Just fill it out a little more and you're golden.

Anyone who decides to submit a sheet after this, be wary that you only have most of tomorrow to submit a sheet before I make selections. I will also not be reviewing your sheets as formally as I have these sheets; if you want feedback, you'll have to either go on the Discord or directly ask for it.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 05:20:36 pm »

Spoiler: KHAOS GANG ON YA BLOCK (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 05:57:06 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5