Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18160 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2
« Reply #210 on: March 09, 2019, 10:22:40 pm »

"So you have no interest in winning, simply in protecting this place? Why not withdraw then? Your status as a Master is going to attract violence to you and whereever you happen to be. If you stay here as you are, aren't you going to do more harm than good?"

"I am indeed here voluntarily, and fully intend to win. Defending this church is a vital part of winning."

The priest sets back down on the red chair, facing backwards towards you. He once again takes up the goblet.

"After all, every Servant must be emanated for the war to end."

I guess knee- and shoulderpads if I've got them (to go discretely underneath my pants and hoodie).
Not that they'll probably help if someone wants to attack me, but better something than nothing. And hey, they'll help avoid scrapes and stuff if I have to run.
I’d just like to make note of the fact that you are entirely batshit.

Beserker's master makes the entirely not crazy choice to bring knee-pads and shoulder pads out in public to seduce a servant with cinnamon. Because he is the sane one here, you see.

Certainly you have this common sporting equipment! However they arn't exactly meant to be concealed under street clothing. You have very blatant bulges where your padding is, your clothing is stretching out uncomfortably to fit the extra bulk.

The sword flares to life, it's true power awakened in the hand of another. The rusty orange markings glow cherry red as they begin to writhe across the blade's dark surface. The sword is hers.

"Keep it with you. That sword, Tizona, will give you my power so long as you fight with me."

"Eh-wh-yes sir?"

The caravan of police cars is now approaching the old Church.

"Uh, it might be late to ask this, but uh, where are we going?"
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 09, 2019, 11:10:33 pm »

[
I guess knee- and shoulderpads if I've got them (to go discretely underneath my pants and hoodie).
Not that they'll probably help if someone wants to attack me, but better something than nothing. And hey, they'll help avoid scrapes and stuff if I have to run.
I’d just like to make note of the fact that you are entirely batshit.

Beserker's master makes the entirely not crazy choice to bring knee-pads and shoulder pads out in public to seduce a servant with cinnamon. Because he is the sane one here, you see.

Certainly you have this common sporting equipment! However they aren't exactly meant to be concealed under street clothing. You have very blatant bulges where your padding is, your clothing is stretching out uncomfortably to fit the extra bulk.
*sigh* That's not the kind I meant.
Spoiler: Think more like this (click to show/hide)
I'm not talking about bulky sportswear; these are thinner pieces, just putting a layer of padding between the joints and whatever might be impacting them. And yes, they frequently are meant to go beneath civilian clothes; it's been frequently said that kneepads work better and are more comfortable when worn underneath pants rather than over them, and

*thinks*

I did not mean shoulderpads. I meant elbowpads.
Spoiler: Like these (click to show/hide)
I derped up when saying what I wanted to retrieve.

Anyway, under a hoodie - whose sleeves aren't exactly a tight fit - they, too, will be fairly discrete.

Apologies for the confusion.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 09, 2019, 11:20:46 pm »

((Well you did say "shoulderpads". What else was I supposed to think you meant :V?))

Apparently the Master picks up the much less blatant, less sporty alternative and trades shoulders for elbows.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 09, 2019, 11:30:13 pm »

((Well you did say "shoulderpads". What else was I supposed to think you meant :V?))
Yeah, no, I understand. It was my fault.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 10, 2019, 01:41:06 am »

"The church up ahead. Are you sure you are ready to fight here?" Archer fiddles with the door mechanism. "It is no easy thing, putting your life up as shield for another. You are a good person to come all this way to help me, but being a soldier is... more than this. The door pops open, and Archer looks back into the wavering secretary's eyes. "Whatever you decide, you are not alone."

Archer leaps from the vehicle and approaches the church at significant speed, leaving the secretary to her crisis of identity.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 10, 2019, 08:46:32 am »

With that in order, time to head to the lake.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2019, 07:19:01 pm »

"The church up ahead. Are you sure you are ready to fight here?" Archer fiddles with the door mechanism. "It is no easy thing, putting your life up as shield for another. You are a good person to come all this way to help me, but being a soldier is... more than this. The door pops open, and Archer looks back into the wavering secretary's eyes. "Whatever you decide, you are not alone."

Archer leaps from the vehicle and approaches the church at significant speed, leaving the secretary to her crisis of identity.

Archer finds his path to the church to be more treacherous than he, perhaps, expected. Both police cars that you had followed here swing into position next to a third previously parked in the church parking lot, forming a wall between you and the front entrance. Manning that wall is six 'officers', with guns drawn in your direction.

With that in order, time to head to the lake.

You head out to the lake! It is rather peaceful this time of day. Few boats are out this time of year, yet it continues to reflect the clear blue sky. Presumably you approach town-side on foot. There is a set of "docks" containing a few small boats that have yet to been put away for the winter. On your other side is a golf-course and resort, likewise nearly abandoned during this season.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2019, 07:45:52 pm »

Try and locate the servant, and be on guard. That means Minds Eye is active.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:20 pm »

Under his breath, Archer curses. <I am at the church now. Were your attackers city guards in blue clothes, Faye? I seem to have made a terrible mistake.>
"I am not your enemy! I wish to keep your city and its residents safe from harm! Please let me pass!" Archer once again appeals to any scrap of honor in these guards' hearts.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:44 am »

<Yes.>

"Emanated?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2019, 08:25:25 pm »

Hang back from Berserker and try to look like an innocent bystander. Do my best to look like I'm not on the verge of panic, while still looking around and being ready to bolt if things turn violent.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 11, 2019, 11:34:20 pm »

Try and locate the servant, and be on guard. That means Minds Eye is active.

You don't sense anything in particular. The lake remains placed, with no Servant or non-servant disturbances.

Under his breath, Archer curses. <I am at the church now. Were your attackers city guards in blue clothes, Faye? I seem to have made a terrible mistake.>
"I am not your enemy! I wish to keep your city and its residents safe from harm! Please let me pass!" Archer once again appeals to any scrap of honor in these guards' hearts.

They open fire.

<Yes.>

"Emanated?"

"Emanated? Oh right. E-lim-in-at-ed. Sorry miss, but I am perhabs a bit e-neb-re-at-ed. Standing was starting to make my head spin. Here I was thinking I was putting on a professional face."

Furthering his intoxication is another sip of wine. He is careful to avoid spilling even a drop, even as multiple gunshots ring out outside.

Hang back from Berserker and try to look like an innocent bystander. Do my best to look like I'm not on the verge of panic, while still looking around and being ready to bolt if things turn violent.

You are standing next to a man currently equipped for a romantic evening with no other civilians close by. Few people have reason to visit the lake this season, there isn't much to blend in to (though you could possibly hide yourself in one of the closed buildings).

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: March 11, 2019, 11:45:45 pm »

"I still don't understand why we aren't being attacked here. Though this is a Holy Grail war, I always had it described to me as a secular event. Is it because you're super strong, so you can kinda make your own rules? Or is it something else? I'm... really confused."
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: March 11, 2019, 11:48:28 pm »

”Anyone other heroes of myth, history, and legend out here? I just want to have a nice chat. I even brought gifts.”

Continue looking around, True Minds Eye still in effect, looking for any signs if other servants.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2019, 11:55:37 pm »

"I still don't understand why we aren't being attacked here. Though this is a Holy Grail war, I always had it described to me as a secular event. Is it because you're super strong, so you can kinda make your own rules? Or is it something else? I'm... really confused."

"Even in the few past grail wars, the Church has had a hand in it in some form. I'd say it was one of those rules I was talking about. One of the ones he made for himself and thus actually follows. Our Church refused to bury him when he was...well, closer to being alive. Perhaps he is rethinking some things now? In either case, this is a Nexus for the laylines. I would have the advantage over any attackers who attempt to do me harm simply from that fact."

Sounds of fighting continue outside.

”Anyone other heroes of myth, history, and legend out here? I just want to have a nice chat. I even brought gifts.”

Continue looking around, True Minds Eye still in effect, looking for any signs if other servants.

It seems like someone is fighting across town. Nobody nearby responds to your summons.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17