Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18218 times)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Night Phase 2
« Reply #90 on: November 03, 2018, 04:47:16 pm »

Is there any way I could convince you to not go out and attract attention to us, or should I just go find a good hiding spot now?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 03, 2018, 05:15:26 pm »

”You aren’t thinking tactically boss. I need to know my way around this city, and if we stay cooped up too long, someone will find us and we’ll be screwed. Don’t worry, this will be just a quick scouting mission. I probably won’t even run into any other servants I can fight, unfortunately.”

Don’t draw attention to myself while out.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 03, 2018, 05:31:42 pm »

*sigh* Fine. But if you do see any servants, do not engage. You're not turning a scouting mission into a duel to the death.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 03, 2018, 05:34:28 pm »

”But boss...” he whined.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 03, 2018, 05:44:21 pm »

There are few things that draw more attention than an attack.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 03, 2018, 05:45:32 pm »

”Fine...”

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 04, 2018, 03:26:31 am »

((Oh hey, we've got new players. Can my beacon return to being not-collected since the collectors disappeared?))

Since Faye hasn't, I'd like to report the bloody scene we just left to the city watch.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 10, 2018, 05:47:45 pm »

rest. I want to be alert for the noontime meeting.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 11, 2018, 03:10:18 pm »

”Yo boss, I’m bored, I’m gonna go out and do crazy stuff now.”

Head out and wander around.

”You aren’t thinking tactically boss. I need to know my way around this city, and if we stay cooped up too long, someone will find us and we’ll be screwed. Don’t worry, this will be just a quick scouting mission. I probably won’t even run into any other servants I can fight, unfortunately.”

Don’t draw attention to myself while out.

Not drawing attention to yourself is easier than it sounds. The town is dead. No sign of anyone walking down the empty streets. The roads are empty. No cars. The trees are empty. No birds, no squirrels, no bugs. Streetlights join forces with the moon and stars to illuminate the empty city. Your shadow is the only movement you can see. Making trouble in such a situation may prove difficult.

((Oh hey, we've got new players. Can my beacon return to being not-collected since the collectors disappeared?))

Since Faye hasn't, I'd like to report the bloody scene we just left to the city watch.
rest. I want to be alert for the noontime meeting.

The room is just as you left it, allowing you to have a comfortable rest among the stuffed animal militia. By daylight the city will live once again. Like tonight was just a dream. You feel yourself slowly recovering the prana you spent in the fight, thanks in small part to your sleep.

Archer has a harder time with his simple task. When he tries to use the new-fangled telephone to contact the watch (with an emergency "number" provided by the patrolling sister, in addition to her technical expertise allowing the process to move forward smoothly) he simply hears a ringing sound on the other side. There is then a click, then static. This process repeats no matter how many times he attempts it.

((Sure, if they don't show up we'll have to retcon them like we did with the other dropouts >_>))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2018, 05:49:56 am »

((Right.))

There is a quiet but unmistakeable magic beacon in the city. It feels warm and Servant-y, but has faded over the last few hours. If you're particularly clever, you can tell it'll burn out by noon.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2018, 11:00:05 am »

Italics means thoughts, not speach.

Well, I know a horror set up when I see one.
I’m uneasy with the empty city, and while I can sense a servant somewhere off, I know no real servant would be still that long, or make their presence so obvious, so I’m gonna put a nice big TRAP on that part of my map.

Return home and report to boss about the empty city. I’ll head out again in the morning to see if this happens during the day too.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2018, 11:32:45 am »

Go to school with my sisters like normal? Ill be dipping out early for the noon meeting, but I do want to maintain a normal routine as much as I can.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2018, 05:01:23 pm »

Morning Phase 2. Wednesday October 11, 2017.

Italics means thoughts, not speach.

Well, I know a horror set up when I see one.
I’m uneasy with the empty city, and while I can sense a servant somewhere off, I know no real servant would be still that long, or make their presence so obvious, so I’m gonna put a nice big TRAP on that part of my map.

Return home and report to boss about the empty city. I’ll head out again in the morning to see if this happens during the day too.

With the sun rises the city. It is back to normal, just like every other day you have been here. Streets full of people rushing to work, school, or coffee to fuel said work and school.

Everything was normal. Just as it should be. No sense of danger, clear and present or hidden in the shadows.

Go to school with my sisters like normal? Ill be dipping out early for the noon meeting, but I do want to maintain a normal routine as much as I can.

As everything is normal, so is the group of sisters walking to school. Remembering how worried their dear sister had been, the legion once again keeps tabs on the absent students. Those who had been gone yesterday remain gone, including the teacher who had called in sick. Two more absences where reported, both seniors with a history of skipping. More troublesome the home economics teacher, a little old lady edging retirement named Miss Pauline, didn't show up and has yet to call in sick. Your sister says she once fell asleep in the middle of class and had to be woken up by the principle, its possible she simply slept in or had a medical emergency due to her age while hoping she is alright.

Classes pass by normally. Nothing particularly exciting happens. No strange news, interesting rumors, or anything related to the Grail War.

((Right.))

There is a quiet but unmistakeable magic beacon in the city. It feels warm and Servant-y, but has faded over the last few hours. If you're particularly clever, you can tell it'll burn out by noon.

And the beacon remains there! Surely *someone* will answer it, right?
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 17, 2018, 01:15:03 pm »

To the meeting we go?

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2018, 11:58:01 am »

Hey Boss! It's daylight hours, care head out? Servants don't like doing murder by daylight, so it should be safe.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 17