Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17

Author Topic: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Morning Phase 2  (Read 18211 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Fate/STAR★LIGHT IC: Night Phase 2
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2018, 09:29:27 pm »

Supernatural mundane threat. Some variant of familiar. Caster's minons perhaps? Could be a magus's...
Bolg moves between me and the threats.
But why such a clumsy assassination attempt?
I summon Bolg's pack, each wreathed in green flame
To send a message? Whatever for? Anyone participating will have firm resol... wait, will they?
Bolg and his pack then move in to rip apart the threats.
This war seems to have pulled in some that weren't ready. Maybe this message is meant for such.
I stand ready to evade if the weapons start tracking me.
How thoughtful of them. I wonder who sent them.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 03, 2018, 05:47:09 pm »

Supernatural mundane threat. Some variant of familiar. Caster's minons perhaps? Could be a magus's...
Bolg moves between me and the threats.
But why such a clumsy assassination attempt?
I summon Bolg's pack, each wreathed in green flame
To send a message? Whatever for? Anyone participating will have firm resol... wait, will they?
Bolg and his pack then move in to rip apart the threats.
This war seems to have pulled in some that weren't ready. Maybe this message is meant for such.
I stand ready to evade if the weapons start tracking me.
How thoughtful of them. I wonder who sent them.

As the fiery hounds descend on the two "men", they get defensive putting their backs together. Finally making their move, their tommyguns spray bullets at the approaching targets. Cowed by the bullets sparking around them, the dogs can't find a safe opening despite surrounding their target.

Switching from defensive to offensive, the lines of bullet-holes begin to move upward. The newly summoned hounds scatter, managing to narrowly avoid being hit by the incoming fire, with many jumping behind hedges or into alleyways to keep themselves out of danger.

Naturally, the "man" facing the master saw her as a valuable target. She might as well have had a bullseye painted on her forehead. A line of bullet-holes starts forming in her direction. In a move more fitting for an action hero than a young woman, she starts to evade, running to the side. The "man" fails to lead his target. With an inhuman amount of speed, she stays just ahead of the deadly attack, with bullet after bullet crashing just inches behind her.

((Your attack's again!))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 04, 2018, 02:34:36 pm »

Get under cover! Bolg regroups with me once I'm clear, guarding against the expected but still not shown additional attacker using the obvious ones as distractions. The pack however prepares to move in once again, at Archer's signal.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 09, 2018, 09:17:05 pm »

((Your turn Archer. They are waiting for your signal after all :V))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2018, 09:22:05 pm »

Not just fast, smart. Ignoring me as soon as I protected Faye. With a short thrust, Archer impales the two machinegunners, still back-to-back. Smart enough to go after a more valuable target, too stupid to protect themselves from a Servant right next to them. No fear. Not a soldier, a weapon. It wasn't much of a signal, but it would do. The dogs moved in and tore at the false men until they came apart as another spray of gold dust.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2018, 03:40:31 am by The Ensorceler »

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2018, 01:58:00 pm »

Archer's attack doesn't go quite as planned.

His lethal blade thrust forward for the kill, making contact not with the "man" but with a web of near-invisible wire perceptible only to his heightened senses, several inches in front of his target

Some form of metal, just strong enough to block an attack not dedicated to it. Sharp enough to cut flesh.

As if in retaliation for the unintended blow, the net attempts to close in on Archer on its own volition.

He is easily able to back-step before the trap can consume him, leaving a pile of wire at his feet.

The second gangster continues to spray out an endless stream of fire, as the pack attempts to hone in on his position.

One after another, the bullets strike home. One hound goes up in smoke during the approach. Two more as they close on. One gets in range, leaping towards his target's neck, only to be knocked aside by the butt of his gun swinging like a baseball bat. In moments, the entire pack is annihilated, gone just as swiftly as it arrives.

((Archer/Master turn.))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 28, 2018, 06:38:43 pm »

Stay under cover with Bolg and wait for Archer's or the enemies next move.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2018, 08:27:48 pm »

((And it is Archer's turn you are waiting for!

Almost done that other team.

Almost.))

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2018, 08:39:52 pm »

((Right, sorry. I've felt a bit lost and lonely in this game ever sense everyone left.))

"Enough of this! Show yourself!"
End this farce. Use a true Noble Phantasm attack (15 Prana) to cleave the gunmen and any more nets in twain, then scan the area for the puppet's controller.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 03, 2018, 10:18:31 pm »

((Right, sorry. I've felt a bit lost and lonely in this game ever sense everyone left.))

"Enough of this! Show yourself!"
End this farce. Use a true Noble Phantasm attack (15 Prana) to cleave the gunmen and any more nets in twain, then scan the area for the puppet's controller.

((But it gets even more lonely and lost when you are gone too :V.
New guys coming soon (TM)))

His next show of force is much more effective. In an instant both gunmen are sliced cleanly in half. By the time their bodies would hit the ground, they have faded into golden dust.

Yet his words are less effective.

It is an empty city once again.

Blood stains and bullet-holes are all that prove you fought and won.

That and the corpses are the only sign that the enemy had existed.

The nearby doors and cars are all intact. There are no signs of a break in in any of the nearby houses, or any tracks or traces of the enemy.

Even to Archer's impressive senses, there is no sign of any enemy. If they had ever been here they area already gone.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2018, 10:32:47 pm »

Regroup with Archer immediately, so that I can't be picked off, and face outwards, my back towards him.
"I don't want to stay here longer than necessary. You able to find any evidence or trail, or shall we just get out of here?"

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 04, 2018, 05:08:34 am »

"We should go. Alert the city garrison to this incident and warn them there may be others. I would like to consult with them soon, if possible, but I would not keep you at the site of a killing field like this."

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 04, 2018, 09:45:36 pm »

"Then lets go."
Go home.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2018, 09:24:07 pm »

"Then lets go."
Go home.

The night is still lifeless on the trip back.

You didn't run into anyone, didn't see anyone, didn't find any sign of anyone.

Including the enemy, for better or worse.

You find yourself back at the Mansion without incident. One of your sisters is on patrol. She nods politely as you enter, before resuming her previous patrol.

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 03, 2018, 04:37:25 pm »

”Yo boss, I’m bored, I’m gonna go out and do crazy stuff now.”

Head out and wander around.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2018, 04:39:53 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 17