Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31496 times)

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die (Not dead yet!)
« Reply #165 on: January 04, 2018, 11:12:51 am »

Corvald
Keep on walking.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 04, 2018, 02:21:13 pm »

Scav:
Trudge onwards, keeping pace with Tablerace and say to him, half serious: "Wassamatter Fido, you hear something?"

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 07, 2018, 05:22:49 am »

Tablerace

Words: "Hiding? Hide what, without sight?"

Deeds: Follow the rest of the group.

(If I hear the bug fight, call out an inquiry)
Tablerace 0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2018, 02:54:15 am »

((Oh gods, I'm so sorry! I was wondering when this would update and didn't realise it had ages ago... :-[ Feel free to pm me next time I'm late!))

Once I make it to shore, get out of this gross "water" and try to catch my breath, occasionally pausing to listen intently to my surroundings. Try and work out where those people I saw got to, and if they've moved closer to or further away from my position on the shore.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: February 26, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »

(OOC: Sorry to everyone who's given up hope of an update ever coming! I have been working 7 days a week for a long time now, and it's just now that I'm starting to get time to post again. But now that I'm back, I'm gonna be back for good. I'm going to be updating every two days from now on, and if you haven't posted your action by then you will be autopiloted. Welcome back to Kill the Mayor, where the ride only stops when that bastard is dead)

Bobross:

Continue towards the glow and try to get a better idea of what we're moving towards.

You keep walking, straining your eyes as hard as you can as you go. You suddenly notice that the lights you're moving towards are definitely distinct points, and there seems to be a pole under each one. Between you and them, about three quarters of the way there, you see massive shapes moving in the darkness, and... is that the punchy dude? Well fuck, he seems a bit out of his depth.

Steeve:

Start running to catch up with Bobross

Corvald
Keep on walking.

Scav:
Trudge onwards, keeping pace with Tablerace and say to him, half serious: "Wassamatter Fido, you hear something?"

Tablerace

Words: "Hiding? Hide what, without sight?"

Deeds: Follow the rest of the group.

(If I hear the bug fight, call out an inquiry)

The group now on its way, Steeve runs up to the front with Bobross, who is straining his eyes into the darkness. He seems to see something in the direction everyone is moving, but doesn't immediately share what it is. Corvald meanwhile walks calmly in his place behind Bobross and Steeve, while Scav attempts conversation with Tablerace:  "Wassamatter Fido, you hear something?"
"Hiding? Hide what, without sight?" is the response he gets. Scav gets the feeling it might be worth keeping an eye on the eyeless member of the group.
Out of the darkness to the right a shout echoes, somewhat distantly: "I have to kill the mayor! Nothing will stop me!" The group moving from the mushroom all hear it. While that's going on, the man who was splashing around so obviously in the water makes it to shore and pants heavily in the shroomlight

The group is now about thirty meters from the mushroom.

Eddie Bard
Okay, so now I have a better understanding of these insects' biology. Next, I should dig up some dirt and gather soil samples. Oh! I wonder if the soil here is so rich in nitrogen that the mushrooms can-

Suddenly, Eddie snapped to his senses.

Wait, what I am doing? Why am I wasting time playing with bugs and plants? I have a mission!

Urged foward by his newfound resolve, Eddie got to his feet, looked up at the sky, and yelled,

"I have to kill the mayor! Nothing will stop me!"

Take my newfound weapon and search for someone who can assist me in my mission.

Shifting gears suddenly from observation and exploration to a feverish inclination toward assassination, you cry out your intent to the gathered gloom. You can't make out any signs of possible assistance, but you remember that back in the direction of the shore were other people, and you recall that a few of them mentioned killing the mayor as well. If there's assistance to be found, that's where it'll be found. You begin moving at 45 degrees to the way you came, aiming to reach the center of the earlier scene on the beach. You estimate you're about 100-150 meters away.

((Oh gods, I'm so sorry! I was wondering when this would update and didn't realise it had ages ago... :-[ Feel free to pm me next time I'm late!))

Once I make it to shore, get out of this gross "water" and try to catch my breath, occasionally pausing to listen intently to my surroundings. Try and work out where those people I saw got to, and if they've moved closer to or further away from my position on the shore.

You make it to the beach, drag yourself out of the muck, and pant a bit, trying to catch your breath. You're under the mushroom the people were when you began your journey to the shore, but they've since moved a bit further inland. They occasionally glance back at you with bemused expressions as they walk. You hear someone shout "I have to kill the mayor! Nothing will stop me!" from somewhere ahead of you and to the right.

Hank:

Continue punching giant enemy.

(OOC: hoo boy)

The massive beast charges you, the enormous crest taking up your entire field of vision as it bears down on you. [AGI: 4+1] You manage to jump out of the way at the last second, and raise your fist to place a parting shot as it goes by [Hank: 1+1+1; Quadruped: 6] but the creature is far faster than it looks. It whips its head towards you as it passes you by, catching you full in the chest with the top of its crown of thorns. You're sent flying and feel a dozen points of extreme pain on your chest. [WIL: 2] You spin in the air and fall face down to the ground with the crunching of flakes. You would whimper in pain if you weren't so badly winded. From the corner of your eye you can see the creature begin to slow and wheel around.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die [BACK AGAIN!]
« Reply #170 on: February 26, 2018, 06:27:43 pm »

Eddie Bard

Continue toward the people who can help me in my mission. Once I reach them, yell:

"Hello everyone! I require assistance in my mission! My mission to...kill the mayor!"
Insert witty signature here

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: February 26, 2018, 10:19:16 pm »

Hank:

Get up and punch this mother trucker.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 06:07:34 am by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: February 27, 2018, 03:56:33 am »

Bobross:

Carry on towards the lights.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: February 27, 2018, 04:02:41 am »

Steeve:

Continue running towards the light
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 04:04:52 am by DJDALA »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: February 27, 2018, 07:54:51 am »

Corvald

Keep on walkin'.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: February 28, 2018, 05:58:23 am »

Scav:
Slow my pace slightly and say to those around: ”Step lively, sounds like we got company”

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: February 28, 2018, 01:06:31 pm »

Keep on walking toward the mushroom.

Fungus Fungus, the mayor is a fungus.
Tablerace 0

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: February 28, 2018, 09:00:38 pm »

Inspect my surroundings whilst I recover. Try and wipe a bit of the muck off myself, especially my goggles. Once my breathing is more regular, get up and move quietly down the shore a bit before starting to cautiously make my own way inland.
How light is it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2018, 10:16:39 am »

Hank:

Get up and punch this mother trucker.

[WIL: 4]
You clamber to your feet, wincing with pain as you do. You start towards the beast but have barely crossed half the distance to punch it again before it has turned itself to face you. it lowers its head once more, stamping its hooves. You notice that more of the creatures -- approximately six -- have emerged from the darkness around you, and two of them are even larger, with crests of horns that, rather than curving back and then forward again at the very end, simply all face forward like a chaotic bed of stakes.

Eddie Bard

Continue toward the people who can help me in my mission. Once I reach them, yell:

"Hello everyone! I require assistance in my mission! My mission to...kill the mayor!"

As you walk towards the mushroom on the beach, you notice that a fairly large group, including almost all the people you saw earlier, are a distance away from the mushroom and heading inland while another person skulks around on the beach. You head for the group and once you're certain that you're within earshot, about 40m away, you yell: "Hello everyone! I require assistance in my mission! My mission to...kill the mayor!"

Bobross:

Carry on towards the lights.
Steeve:

Continue running towards the light
Corvald

Keep on walkin'.
Scav:
Slow my pace slightly and say to those around: ”Step lively, sounds like we got company”
Keep on walking toward the mushroom.

Fungus Fungus, the mayor is a fungus.
((OOC: FunVake, I'm gonna ssume you mean away from the mushroom/towards the lights, since that's the way you're currently headed.))

As the group continues toward the distant lights, a figure becomes half-apparent in the gloom to the right, his rather rapid footsteps making his presence known even to the blind among the party. "Hello everyone! I require assistance in my mission! My mission to...kill the mayor!" he yells. Scav slows down his pace a little and says to the party ”Step lively, sounds like we got company”
Steeve, meanwhile, runs on ahead and Tablerace softly chants "Fungus Fungus, the mayor is a fungus."

Inspect my surroundings whilst I recover. Try and wipe a bit of the muck off myself, especially my goggles. Once my breathing is more regular, get up and move quietly down the shore a bit before starting to cautiously make my own way inland.
How light is it?

You wipe your goggles and have a good look around yourself while your breathing gets back to normal. The mushroom next to which you're standing smells rather sweet, with a mottled pale green stalk and a slightly darker green cap of a similar texture. It casts an aura of pale green light about 7m in radius. The ground is made up of a collection of strange flakes, some crumble, some bend, some are hard, some are soft, some are brittle; they range in size from smaller than a fingernail up to about a half meter in diameter. You can see a few mushrooms similar to the one you're standing under in the distance, mostly of about the same size, and each with its own little bubble of light. Away from the mushrooms it's very difficult to see what is going on due to the darkness, but while it is very hard to see, the darkness is not total. Far above you, a grid of hazy yellowish lights turn what would be impenetrable darkness into an oppressive gloom. The people who were on the shore before you are quite distant now, and another figure has moved up to them from the right. The seem to be moving towards a long string of orangey lights in the far distance. The new figure yells "Hello everyone! I require assistance in my mission! My mission to...kill the mayor!"
You take this in as you clean yourself off just a little bit, but the god-awful smell stays with you.
You stand up and begin [AGI 2+1] to walk down the shore in what could at best be called a completely normal fashion, before turning and beginning your way inland.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 01, 2018, 12:24:17 pm »

Hank:

Fucking run away, retreat.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 15