Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31567 times)

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die (Not dead yet!)
« Reply #120 on: November 22, 2017, 05:27:53 am »

((OOC: Since there's now a bunch of you out of combat (unless someone decides to start swinging again), it's totally acceptable to have a few conversational responses during a turn instead of having to wait on an update from me for every sentence you say.))
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 22, 2017, 01:04:54 pm »

Scav:
Upon reaching the small man and the helmeted man, I wait a beat before saying gruffly: "So there was talk o' killin' a mayor?"

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 22, 2017, 01:30:27 pm »

Corvald
Look up. Stop looking up. Follow the hedgey man.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2017, 05:06:16 am by Secheral »

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: November 23, 2017, 05:03:35 am »

Bobross:

Nod eagerly at hedgey man. Inspect my wounds, hoping to find some way of making them less incapacitating.

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 23, 2017, 09:29:17 am »

Steeve:

Check if the man who I just pulled the spear out of is still alive, if he is maybe we can get some information on this place. As well as thanking the man with the staff for saving my life

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 23, 2017, 04:52:53 pm »

Eddie Bard
Grab a small beach flake/metal piece and walk a few feet away from the mushroom, but continue facing it. Then, toss my metal piece at the mushroom and observe how the living insects react. If they scatter or fly off somewhere, pay close attention to which direction they fly in. If the insects become aggressive toward me, then run away into hiding.
Insert witty signature here

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 25, 2017, 03:56:27 pm »

Tablerace

Listen for more screaming. If none, say 'Are they dealt with?'

If anyone screams, run to it and attack.
Tablerace 0

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 25, 2017, 05:28:29 pm »

Corvald
Look up. Stop looking up. Follow the hedgey man.

You look up. Above you, far in the distance (it's hard to tell exactly how far with the general darkness and lack of perspective, but you feel like it's somewhere within a kilometer) is a grid of faint yellowish glows, extending with even spacing for as far as you can make out, although looking directly inland they do seem to end a little sooner. You stop looking up and follow the hedgey man towards the group now gathered between the large, green glowing mushroom and the shore.

Bobross:
Nod eagerly at hedgey man. Inspect my wounds, hoping to find some way of making them less incapacitating.

You test your wounds, poking your right-hand side a few times, flexing your bleeding hands, [WIL: 5+2, Crit 5+1] while the pain simply tickles pleasantly. You almost enjoy the fact that every breath and every flex of the fingers is accompanied by a small, sweet note of what others might call pain. Ah well, as nice as it is to know you've been in a scrap, the feeling still indicates that something is a bit fucked up somewhere in your body. Doesn't seem like you can do anything about your side but your hands... yeah you should probably make the blood stop coming out of them.

Scav:
Upon reaching the small man and the helmeted man, I wait a beat before saying gruffly: "So there was talk o' killin' a mayor?"

Steeve:

Check if the man who I just pulled the spear out of is still alive, if he is maybe we can get some information on this place. As well as thanking the man with the staff for saving my life

The Scene by The Mushroom ((Applies to everyone but Tablerace (who is blind and can't see this happening) Hank, Patrick and Eddie Bard (who are off elsewhere)))
A tall, pale, lean man with an eyeless helmet and a staff, standing over a discarded spear and the much paler corpse of a man garbed in bone and scraps of cloth, asks 'Are they dealt with?' His question is directed towards a small, nondescript man, clutching a bloody spear and standing over another pale body closer to the mushroom. A large, muscled, mean-looking bruiser-type, wincing at an apparent injury in the side of his chest, looks on from the helmeted man's left. The small man responds with [CHA: 5-1] mumbled, seemingly embarrassed thanks, and squats down next to the body whose cranium is still intact. He rolls the body over. The man's eyes are closed, and his wound is still spurting blood. The hole is a truly nasty one, jagged and almost as wide as the man's thigh. The whiteness of bone is visible. He can't quite tell if this assailant is still alive, but he's certainly unconscious. The big man, meanwhile, has been poking his side, flexing his fingers, and wincing repeatedly while two others approach from the same direction as the big man: a very scruffy, hairy, and unkempt ruffian (reminiscent of an unruly hedge) with an extremely large wrench, and an old man with a horrifically burnt face and a strangely bloody left hand.

The pair reach the trio and pause for a tick, before the scruffy one says "So there was talk o' killin' a mayor?"
The big man responds by nodding eagerly.

Tablerace

Listen for more screaming. If none, say 'Are they dealt with?'

If anyone screams, run to it and attack.

You listen for more screaming, but none is forthcoming. You ask 'Are they dealt with?' and hear a man mumble something towards you to the effect of a thanks for saving his life. You hear the same person move a little and then apparently shift a weighty object along the ground, and few slight, strangely deep-sounding giggles from your left. Also to your left, you hear another pair of footsteps approaching. They reach a few meters away and pause a moment, before you hear a gruff, scratchy voice say: "So there was talk o' killin' a mayor?"

Hank:

Keep following, try and ascertain what's around me right now.

[AGI: 1+1]
You keep running but you keep on finding your feet sinking a little too far into the ground on each step. You're sure you could run faster than you are, but at least your quarry is going even slower than you are, stumbling around a bit. Glancing about and over your shoulder as you go, you see that you've left the mushroom quite far behind, at least 40-50m. Ahead of your prey (who is now only barely out of arm's reach is another, similar mushroom, and to your right, in the far distance, is some sort of broad glow across what would be the horizon. Suddenly the man you were chasing goes sprawling onto the ground a few meters ahead of you.

PATRICK
[WIL: 6-1]
With intense focus, you manage to get your breathing under control but the intense pain has not gone away, [AGI: 2-1, Crit 1] and it distracts you enough that your foot catches on a small dip and sends you sprawling face-first onto the receptive ground, leaving small gashes on your face and arms from the sharper flakes.

Eddie Bard
Grab a small beach flake/metal piece and walk a few feet away from the mushroom, but continue facing it. Then, toss my metal piece at the mushroom and observe how the living insects react. If they scatter or fly off somewhere, pay close attention to which direction they fly in. If the insects become aggressive toward me, then run away into hiding.

Your inquisitive mind ever wondering, you decide to see what happens if you throw a something at a large group of insects each the size of your hand. You pick up one of the metallic beach flakes, get fairly close to the mushroom -- the live insects still not reacting to your presence -- and toss the flake at the mushroom.
[5,6 T]
It strikes the mushroom dead on the cap, right at the rim, causing the area around the point of impact to wobble very slightly. An insect that was flying away as you threw the flake immediately turns around and flies back into the gills of the mushroom.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 04:56:23 am by Skullsploder »
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2017, 05:59:37 pm »

Hank:

Ignore my fallen quarry, check out what's causing the glow.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:57:08 pm by NRDL »
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 26, 2017, 04:06:36 am »

Scav:
Reply to the helmeted man: "Yeah, they're dead." I look around at the assembled group and cough awkwardly, before saying: "So look, there looks ta be plenty here to kill us, even if we don't polish each other of firs', so how 'bout we call a ceasefire? I don't know any of you lot, but you're at leas' not tryna kill me... " Squint at Bobross "Least not at the current moment. An' it sounds like at least some of us got a common goal"

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 28, 2017, 06:09:01 am »

Steeve:

Replying to the bushy man:apologies for running you over earlier. A ceasefire would be a good idea as I gather we all want to kill the mayor? My name is Steeve. Pleasure to meet you

Clean off the spear head and try to find some cloth to use as a carry sling

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: November 28, 2017, 06:46:14 am »

Corvald
Check the bodies for anything that might reveal something about our situation.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2017, 06:08:05 pm »

Eddie Bard
Search for a large piece of metal and then walk up to the mushroom. Swing the metal at the mushroom like an axe, and try to chop the mushroom down. If I succeed, then examine the inside of the mushroom. If something attacks me, then flee.
Insert witty signature here

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 02, 2017, 02:18:02 am »

Bobross:

Tear a piece of my shirt off to use as makeshift bandages for my hands. Walk in the general direction of everyone else.

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 02, 2017, 01:28:39 pm »

OOC Sorry for late

Tablerace

"Yes, yes the mayor must..must perish."

Remain further silent and wait for them to continue speaking.
Tablerace 0
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15