Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: Kill the Mayor - Exposition!  (Read 31618 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2017, 11:23:19 am »

Hank:

Turn to the person who just killed the other figure, do my best for once not to look hostile.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Monarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2017, 03:08:19 pm »

Scav:
Nod in approval at the cross faced man and the pulp-headed corpse at his feet, before trying to dislodge the wrench from the late cleaver wielder's entrails. While retrieving the wrench I yell out: Any more of em?.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2017, 03:23:03 pm »

Eddie Bard
Run off to a secluded place. Then search the vicinity for anything useful.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 02:06:41 am by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

DJDALA

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 16, 2017, 03:24:40 pm »

Realising that in my moment of recklessness I attacked unarmed and outnumbered, my resolve for making something of my life crumbles. but, oh well. My mind had been made up.I try to reach for the fallen mans spear and take a stab at the still standing man

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 16, 2017, 11:06:50 pm »

Corvald

Look around for any more attackers. Find something to bandage my cut with.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2017, 01:59:10 am »

Eddie Bard
Stand still with my hands up. Allow them to approach me, then say:

"Uh, hello there. How are you two fine gentleman doing today?"

Attempt to pacify the men who noticed me. Convince them I'm not a threat. If they are friendly, ask them for details regarding what's going on and where we are. If not, then run away and hide somewhere.

((Whoops, sorry I made a mistake in the last update! Forgot to add that you saw Steeve taking one of them down. I'll edit that in now and you can repost your action accordingly))
Eddie Bard:
A moment after the men turn to look at you, the one on the right crumples to the ground and you see a small man standing a little further to the right. The one still standing turns towards the small man.
"is it harmful for my dwarves ? I bet it is"
Always a safe default assumption in this game 

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2017, 02:07:27 am »

Eddie Bard
Stand still with my hands up. Allow them to approach me, then say:

"Uh, hello there. How are you two fine gentleman doing today?"

Attempt to pacify the men who noticed me. Convince them I'm not a threat. If they are friendly, ask them for details regarding what's going on and where we are. If not, then run away and hide somewhere.

((Whoops, sorry I made a mistake in the last update! Forgot to add that you saw Steeve taking one of them down. I'll edit that in now and you can repost your action accordingly))
Eddie Bard:
A moment after the men turn to look at you, the one on the right crumples to the ground and you see a small man standing a little further to the right. The one still standing turns towards the small man.
Ah, okay, action edited.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2017, 05:23:24 am »

Can I please be added to the waiting list?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Pepper spray is a bit iffy, but I guess it has limited uses and is non lethal so it's ok. It'll work against a will save and they'll still be able to hurt you after you've sprayed them if they roll well enough. I'll add you to the wait list.))

FunVake

• Bay Watcher
  • Adam kom Eerste.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2017, 02:00:19 pm »

Stand ready and strain ears. If nothing close by, walk out of water, listening for violence - move towards violence.

The..pain. Order...order.
Tablerace 0

LugeTheHuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 18, 2017, 02:18:45 am »

Bobross:

Frustrated at missing out on the fight that actually looked fun, I shout:
Who the f**k are all you arseholes?!

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 18, 2017, 06:01:37 am »

Feeling brave, I shout:

"Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!" *shows middle finger*

If successful, start running away.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 16, 2017, 04:48:12 am »

Hank:

Turn to the person who just killed the other figure, do my best for once not to look hostile.

[CHA: 6-2]
You look up from the mangled wreck you just created and look at the other killer. You draw your lips back and bare your teeth in the smile of a man who has very little practice in smiling. It feels funny, but you're sure that you are very clearly not displaying hostile intent. The man nods approvingly at you, then tugs his wrench out, spilling part of his victim's chest out of his neck. You think you've made a friend! He yells: Any more of em? The big man shouts out Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! before you hear a voice shouting "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!" and turn your head to see a man about 20m away from you along the beach, away from the mushroom, showing his middle finger at you. He turns and begins to run.

Scav:
Nod in approval at the cross faced man and the pulp-headed corpse at his feet, before trying to dislodge the wrench from the late cleaver wielder's entrails. While retrieving the wrench I yell out: Any more of em?.

The cross-faced man looks at you and bares his teeth. You're about to ready your defense when you figure out that he is actually smiling (or trying to), and you realise he is trying his best to be non-hostile to you. You nod approvingly at the damage he did to the downed man and his apparent non-hostility and go to retrieve your wrench.
[STR: 5+2, Crit 6+1]
You yank the wrench out cleanly and with flourish, and, while doing so, yell out: Any more of em? Parts of the man's insides follow the wrench out and spill out of his neck onto the ground. Among the compressed remains of what was once his throat you see a small piece of hollow metal tubing about 2cm in diameter with a slight bend at the end, with very well smoothed edges. Looks like he had that sitting in his throat for some reason. As you ponder this, the big man who hit you earlier shouts out: Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! before you hear a voice shouting "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!". You spin about but can't figure out where the voice came from.

Bobross:

Frustrated at missing out on the fight that actually looked fun, I shout:
Who the f**k are all you arseholes?!

You see the hairy arsehole rip his wrench out of a very very dead corpse and the cross-faced arsehole hunched over an equally dead corpse. The hairy one shouts Any more of em? Frustrated, you shout: Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! before you hear a voice shouting "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!". You spin about but can't figure out where the voice came from.

Feeling brave, I shout:

"Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!" *shows middle finger*

If successful, start running away.

You shift position in your hiding spot and manage to get a better view of the situation: a very unkempt-looking man is pulling a big two-handed weapon out of a corpse on the ground while a greyish man hunches over another. You hear the one that looks like a bush yell Any more of em? and, past them, a big man that you hadn't previously noticed calls out: Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! With all the shouting going on, you feel inspired to add your voice to the general shoutiness of the situation. With a giddy rush of fearlessness you yell "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!" and, feeling your statement to be incomplete, stand up and show your middle finger at the crowd. The big man and the hedgey-looking one cast about in an unsuccessful attempt to locate you, but the crouched one turns to look at you with cold, hard eyes. There is no mercy in those eyes. Deciding discretion is the better part of loudly insulting very dangerous people, you turn around and run [AGI: 3] but extricating yourself from your hiding spot takes a bit too much time and you only make it a few paces.

Eddie Bard
Run off to a secluded place. Then search the vicinity for anything useful.

Seeing the scuffle developing, you book it in the opposite direction. Nothing immediately catches your eye as a good hiding spot, but you do see several lights in the middle-distance ahead of you.

Realising that in my moment of recklessness I attacked unarmed and outnumbered, my resolve for making something of my life crumbles. but, oh well. My mind had been made up.I try to reach for the fallen mans spear and take a stab at the still standing man

[AGI: 4+1]
Your mind a tatters of fear and bravery, resolve and weakness; instinct gives intellect a proverbial kick in the proverbial arse and you leap forward for the spear and snatch it off the ground before the other man, who you can now see is wearing a piece of metal over the lower half of his face, can make a move against you.
COMBAT
Steeve: 3+1; Tribal: 2+1

Steeve continues his forward momentum and attempts to translate it into a solid stab to the chest of the man still standing. The man, while not quick enough to prevent Steeve from getting the spear, does not simply stand there and wait to be stabbed. He attempts to dodge left and stab horizontally at Steeve's chest. Steeve quickly ducks in and gets his left shoulder under the spearpoint while simultaneously driving his spear into the man's right thigh. The man grunts in pain but remains standing, his eyes narrowed. The man on the ground coughs and hacks up a glob of blood, but makes it up onto all fours.

Corvald

Look around for any more attackers. Find something to bandage my cut with.

You witness the very bushy man giving an approving nod to the cross-faced man before wrenching his wrench out of the former head of his kill. It seems they've reached some sort of unspoken alliance. The unkempt one shouts Any more of em?, then the big man shouts out Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! before you hear a voice shouting "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!" and wheel to see a man about 20m away from you along the beach, away from the mushroom, showing his middle finger at the gathering. He turns and begins to run. Looking the other way down the beach you see the small man snatch a spear off the ground and stab the man he hadn't yet taken down, but it looks like it was a non-disabling hit. The one that he had previously taken down gets up to all fours. Reminded of your cut by a sudden pain as you clench your hands, you look around for something to bandage it with. You could probably bandage your cut with any of the rags you and the others who've made it out of the water are wearing, but the water soaking your clothes seems more than a little dirty. Alternatively, you can see a little bit of scrap cloth on the garb the tribals were wearing, but it's mostly held together by leather and cord and it'll be difficult to turn what cloth there is into a decent-sized bandage.

Stand ready and strain ears. If nothing close by, walk out of water, listening for violence - move towards violence.

The..pain. Order...order.

You feel your face convulsing as you fight off the pain of your overloaded senses, as well as thoughts that feel like they are not your own. You turn to face back towards the beach and stand still in the water. Your motion was only confusing your hearing. You let the ripples calm. You can hear some slight distortions in the water further out. You hear a faint "schlick" sound on the beach directly in from where you stand in the water. You hear a gruff, grunting, slightly slurred voice shout Any more of em? Another shout, this time by a deeper, more burly voice -- sounds like it came from someone barrel-chested: Who the f**k are all you arseholes?! Both were from approximately the same location as the "schlick."
Further left, another voice: "Hey assholes! I get to kill the mayor! HA!". Rapid crunching -- he's running away to your left.
To your right you hear the now-unmistakeable sound of rapid footsteps on the flaky ground, from two sources: one closer, one much further. Flakes thrown into the air, settling back among their kin. Swishing noises, a grunt. Limbs dragging on the ground. Coughing, violent. This is where the fight is continuing. You began moving this way as soon as you heard the first of the commotion, and now you can feel the water getting to be only knee deep. You're close to shore.

Skullsploder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kill the Mayor - Dystopian Future roll to dodge/die (Not dead yet!)
« Reply #102 on: November 16, 2017, 04:54:23 am »

((OOC: Sorry this one took so long guys, I've been radically busy with uni work and studying. But this game is definitively not dead. I've put in far too much background work for that to be the case!))

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 16, 2017, 05:56:23 am »

Corvald
Those corpses have pale skin, right? So... Skin a corpse and use the skin as a bandage.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 16, 2017, 09:10:02 am »

Eddie Bard
Cautiously approach the lights while continuing to look for useful items.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15