Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: You are a penumbral Bane  (Read 2751 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: You are a penumbral Bane
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 02:41:21 am »

Seems unlikely to sway anybody, but I'd vote for forest. There's likely a lot more room to corrupt there; in the city, we might find that everyone's already full up on greed. Besides, probably more life to manipulate, too. Maybe we could be the spirit of the greed of queen bees that hoard away more honey than they could possibly use and force their daughters into lifelong slavery.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2017, 03:01:50 pm »

I can see that. Forest it is!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 02:22:17 am »

Oh nice a tie... anybody care to break it?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 09:09:11 am »

Welp. If I can still change my decision then +1 to forest.
Or at least bump up the thread so someone can break the tie.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 09:11:48 am by Secheral »

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2017, 07:41:31 pm »

You decide to enter the vast forest which lays ahead of you. Quickly you come upon a deeper section of the ghastly forest where a gathering of spirits apear to partake in a moon ritual. Vibrant energies seem to come from them. It feels horrible to you, but luckily the ritual only takes a short while. You consider their numbers, and you asume there to be about 50-60 different spirits. Some of them seem to look and act like animals for the most part, but there is some elaborate creatures amongst their rank. The stag and a hunchbacked woman seem to be leaders of the ritual. As their numbers are many and their energies painful for you you leave the site, not to be found by the group. In the forest you see many different kinds of animal spirits. They all partake in their particular business, somehow representing their material world counterparts here in the penumbra.

For a while you wonder how you can sustain yourself, or even grow in power. Whilst wandering the shadey parts of the forest you finally consider slaying other spirits for their essence. You have no means to gaze into the material world and therefore your abilities to affect the mortals seem bleak at the moment. If you put your thought into it you might even find better opportunities to gain essence without slaying spirits.

For now you settle for a nice hunt.
What kind of spirit animal do you want to hunt?

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2017, 07:49:15 pm »

-Is squirrel an option?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 07:52:55 pm »

+1 to squirrels, squirrels are pretty greedy, their essence ought to be particularly compatible.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:08 pm »

+1 to squirrels.

I think the animals are partaking in some sort of heavenly ritual, which is damaging to a spirit of greed and power.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2017, 11:13:33 pm »

I feel like this is partially inspired by Armello.
lets try something subtler with one of our victims: instead of slaying and absorbing them, let us try to "Infect" them with some of our essence, and watch what happens to them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2017, 11:16:28 pm »

I feel like this is partially inspired by Armello.
let's try something subtler with one of our victims: instead of slaying and absorbing them, let us try to "Infect" them with some of our essence, and watch what happens to them.

Plus one to this idea.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2017, 11:17:45 pm »

lets try something subtler with one of our victims: instead of slaying and absorbing them, let us try to "Infect" them with some of our essence, and watch what happens to them.
Agreed, but we should consume some to strengthen ourself first. We seem to be a bit weak.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2017, 11:36:09 pm »

+1 to above.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2017, 11:39:47 pm »

Agreed, but we should consume some to strengthen ourself first. We seem to be a bit weak.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2017, 09:01:53 pm »

You considered your odds, and you realized that the squirrel is a good choice, as its already greedy nature could provide you with more nutritions.
You enter the less dense forest and look for a nut tree. After a short while you come upon the spirit of a hazelnut tree and you hide behind its leafs.
After a short while a squirrel spirit apears nearby your hazelnut tree, to gather some nuts. The squirrel is totally unexpecting and you choose just the right moment
to enter the fight. You land on the neck of the squirrel spirit and you also manage to land a direct bite on the squirrel fiend's neck. After a while of choking, biting and beating the
creature below you, you finally manage to "kill" it. As the last breath leaves the squirrel spirit you realize that you are absorbingthe power of the spirit. It isn't much, but you gain just enough to gain a power.

While you are succesful in hunting, you consider many other options to be more effective at gathering essence. You consider pumping essence of yours into others, but the only way to do it you imagine is giving it your "blood". Maybe experiment a little bit?
What will be your Power? Also what will your next course of action be?

Power suggestions:
A] Peeking - Gaze into the material world
B] Pathway Sense - You have a fine directional sense within the umbra
C] Spirit Armor - Resist the attacks of spirits
D] Aura of Confidence
E] Other (choose your own special of small power)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2017, 09:23:52 pm »

E)
Heart Grasp: The ability to reach into the physical world in such a way as to grasp the heart of a living thing, if physically close enough. This can be used to harm, or to leave behind a fragment of our own essence in the creature's heart.
Pages: 1 [2] 3