Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30536 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #285 on: November 11, 2017, 07:54:35 pm »

And so the peace talks begin. The first order of business is to exchange missionaries, and this goes over fairly well and quickly. The Annelid prophet demands to send missionaries and is countered by the Sciro Gemini prophet. Who requires an exchange of missionaries. In the end, Tuaron's prophet gave them a warning of the dangers of the planet, but did not seem to object directly to the exchange. Later Duros started arriving at the peace summit. A few dozen of them. Skittering black shapes could be seen withdrawing across the horizon, their shifting spider golem forms drifting in and out of sight as they moved through patches of tall grass which had begun to retake the Deadlands. It seems they had upheld their end and brought the Duros refugees as far as they would. More than twice the number of Duros requested had come. It seems this was all that remained of a once large border village. They brought with them a shattered sword wrapped in a slightly damp cloth, a small amulet tying it together.

The duros walked alone, tired and downtrodden, across the deadland. They were greeted by the strange worm-ape people, who lead them deep into the earth. Upon entering the moderate cavern that held the summit, they immediately let out cries of rage and terror, for the Ishagi were here too! After much consoling and a lot of Annelid guards standing between the two groups, the duros/ishagi conflict was put on hold.

The peace talk moves on and a speech is given by the Visage of Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap.

we are aedanusuirillystiphosidarap the bright who have spoken to both of your peoples as you may recall previously

on behalf of the great gods of the moon of typheus father of monsters and most of all on behalf of ourselves we welcome you

we who rule over the earth have long gazed upon you and we have sought to bring you up from servitude

you will be invited to enter this door join the races of the moon and live in peace and plenty there

any who do not accept this offer we will still watch over you our hands stretch far indeed and even here under the earth our power is strong

our people whom many call aedans will join you as friends and guides to this end they will always help you

however we are aware that you still make war against others upon the surface you will immediately cease

you may defend yourselves as necessary but aggression only wastes resources

remember you have freedom your minds are yours at all costs we will protect this

do not forget our names we shall not forget yours

It is a fine speech, one that is immediately followed by a response by one of Tauron's prophets, Igashi. "My fellow mortals who were created with the divine spark, I as the Caretaker am displeased with the intentions of this Aedan-Thing and him talking about freedom and claiming that Tauron "enslaves" people. I want you other prophets and mortals to know that this is in no way true and what this monster from another universe is spouting is lies and untruths! These eldritch giants think they encourage "freedom" and think they are "omniscient", by stating that, they are pretentious snobs. Liars who have been discreet about their true intentions. This means that you should be worried and cynical about how they communicate and discuss their "beliefs". They communicate about freedom, but their race is a bunch of religious devotees, is that freedom? They are pretentious, for they state they actually care about you, but how would a bunch of eldritch giants who are secretive actually care for you? There are only two cases which explain this;

The first case, is that the Aedans are a bunch of tricksters who trick you into alluding to their omniscience, but is actually false and performing some form of comedic relief. If so, it's not funny.
The second case, is that the Aedans are secretive, this is well known across the lands, and that they want you to be their friends not for the sake of freindship but for their secretive and have sinister intentions! Slavery, mind-control, blood-orgy rituals, you name it. Whatever the Aedans have in mind, the Aedans have a sinister plan and are not expressing it. Instead they are being friendly to try to convince you that they care about you and hide their goals, but know they have evil intentions, something not morally-right. This must be spread to all your respective races and the other troon races, the other races must be wary of what the Aedans truly are. Make no mistake Aedanuwhatteveritscalled is not a god. It is a corrupter, a creature from beyond the holy power of divines, far in the twisted darkness. It is not here to make friends, it was never here to make friends, and its attitude and secrecy is proof of its sly and untrustworthy ways.  "

The Duros, Ishagi, Sciro, Incilantro, Annelids, a few rather shocked and angry looking Aedans, and all other observers listened and watched this speech. A lone grung collected samples of cave flaura and hummed quietly to herself.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:57:01 pm by Roboson »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 11, 2017, 08:00:25 pm »

Typheus just looked passively at the summit of peace he just heard of.
"Huh."

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 11, 2017, 08:05:21 pm »

The angel a bit worried about the mortals attempts to create an aura of calm around the summit, causing all in the area to calm the f down and think rationally
No sig yet

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 11, 2017, 09:03:50 pm »

The angel a bit worried about the mortals attempts to create an aura of calm around the summit, causing all in the area to calm the f down and think rationally
Lets take the most attractive male Duro and have a relation with them and see if i can get a kid to act as a more grounded representation of my powers
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:24:46 pm by Bluexdog »
No sig yet

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 11, 2017, 09:12:12 pm »

The Sciro Gemini looks coolly at Igashi, and speaks... but unlike how they had done so previously.
Feel free to say as you wish. I assure you, however, that Aedan has confided in Rexilium, Julius, and myself extensively. I will not have you attempting to slander my friend.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 11, 2017, 09:35:49 pm »

The Sciro Gemini looks coolly at Igashi, and speaks... but unlike how they had done so previously.
Feel free to say as you wish. I assure you, however, that Aedan has confided in Rexilium, Julius, and myself extensively. I will not have you attempting to slander my friend.

The speaking Ice Giant sees the Gemini Sciro and their indifference to the situation, they have resistance within their hearts and souls, as they are scared of the truth, knowing that an evil being and its servants infiltrated into their pantheon!. Ighasi addressed the Gemini's resistance to reason, with all the other races as bystanders to their blind perspective.

"You haven't seen the light on what the Aedan's plan, fellow prophets. As an Ice Giant to scorpion-people, I have seen many hardships in my days, but I understand one thing, eldritch things have hidden intentions, they are always planning their schemes from the heartless void. These beings are eternally brooding, the Aedans are not the things you see with your current level of senses, their is a great evil and something distraught with them, something they have kept well hidden. Plans they do have, and your innocence towards their nature, is only saddening and disheartening. Learn now, or suffer the future. The choice is yours. I do understand the fear that a evil entity and its servants have infiltrated your pantheon can be scary and make you conflicted emotionally, but learn the correct decision from the past. That is all I ask.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 09:55:19 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 11, 2017, 10:09:38 pm »

Are you honestly so dense, Igashi, to forget that a prophet is the mouthpiece of their god? You are speaking directly to me, Acter, and I am telling you to cease spreading these falsehoods. Aedan is a close friend of mine; he has hid none of his plans from myself and my fellows in the Pantheon. I assure you, your worries are baseless. Now cease.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 11, 2017, 10:27:30 pm »

this is all totally unacceptable

you accuse us of harboring hidden intentions in our heart

you who were made from cold ice to enslave a race and drive them to war

let the duros of typheus make speak up as to who is the real monster

had it not been for you and your master and your meddling the ishagi and duros would be at peace

indeed let the ishagi themselves speak up as well for they know best what you are at heart

do you think they have not seen who looks out for them and who merely gives orders

you accuse us of being monstrous

here we accuse you of being the true monster

stand before us and show your true self, foul thing

show us all

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap points directly at Ighasi's chest and eldritch power begins to spark...

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 11, 2017, 10:35:02 pm »

Divine Shield Activation

Time slows down as the Divine Shield activates. The innate safegaurds of the universe spring into action and mortal time slows to a crawl and then stops. Or perhaps the gods simple speed up, capitalizing on the moments between moments, transcending time. As the world comes to a halt, a conflict of gods emerges and direct actions may be taken, countered, and countered again. A divine duel of wit and power to determine the outcome of the next few moments.

Blinding light raises in pillars around you. The universe manifesting boundaries and borders around the cavern, only those with a way into the fray have a voice and a hand in the outcome within the most sacred and powerful rites of the universe. The voice of the universe comes forth and speaks, it resonates through and out of every atom and every star, everthing speaks at once and in concert, a million voices as one:

Act.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 11, 2017, 10:41:20 pm »

Just to start things off, an Eldritch Act was just spent to warp Ighasi into a horrible, mindless Eldritch beast filled with unthinking rage. Yet without actually contributing any power to him; in fact, Eldritch Ighasi will be weaker than before and easily subdued by the others present.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 11, 2017, 10:45:10 pm »

The Gemini are acting, alright. Just not in a divine manner.
Specifically, as prophets, they can see what's going down, and have immediately begun getting people to step away from Igashi in case something bad happens.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 11, 2017, 11:21:24 pm »

"Do you people not understand, the first reaction of this being, was to instead try to discuss or ignore the "assertions" like a reasonable individual, went first into corrupting a prophet's heart! How do you people see something like this as okay, he doesn't rationalize, he is based on inner instincts, the Id controls the SuperEgo, and more. These Aedans are based on primal instincts and only deceptively use persuasion as a tool to control the populace, why else would a blunt strike be performed?"

Use a Cooking Act to help defend Ighasi!, instead of what happens to the Ighasi, of an eldritch implosion of dark energy, the energy of the cooking sphere is used as a cleansing flame around the prophet, nullifying the effects of the corruption. How this achieved, well first the eldritch blast was first flaked into weaker parts that surrounded the prophet's body, the golem's body was than mixed with restorative energy so that the physical parts would circumvent and conflict with the separated eldritch energy. Than be cleansing flames through broiling, and would expel. out the dark energy with restorative flames and keep the body remains intact! The flames even remain on Ighasi's body!

Ighasi speaks, "Aedan-God your attacks only scare the other mortals and make them fear you more, we should instead of this pointless dueling, have a reasonable discussion instead, as practical diplomatic mortals. Maybe instead express why the Aedans are so secretive, and not actually scheming. Or have the Sciro make a reasonable explanation on why they you are so distant... This is a Peace Summit after all, and you are making it fall to base instincts. We will allow you to make your argument, instead. As well, we accept that accusation to only create conflict is not really xenophilic, and we take the L on that. Nothing further can change the past.

Edit: Kyazir, we may have at once point been rivals of the sorts. But in times of battle, only brothers we can become, something like that. Anyways your assistance towards this "duel" is requested, and any method you would like to bring, would be welcomed.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 11:36:03 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 11, 2017, 11:38:51 pm »

cooking your own prophet is an interesting strategy

we think that we like the idea

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap cracks his Act into two Minor Acts, and turns one Minor Act to the purpose of boosting Tauron's cooking act and twisting it to cook Ighasi's own inner essence instead of the eldritch power, melting Ighasi's ice with the flames and baking his earthen bones to a blackened crisp perfectly suited for the Eldritch beast he will soon become.

ETA: Well if we're editing posts now,
kyazir this is not your fight

we have seen that you tried to drive our people from your verdant land

honestly you could have just asked

but since they are not all gone we will agree to remove them and bar them from returning in exchange for your nonintervention

or intervention on our side would be good also

actually with that in mind

anyone who would like to join please feel free

rexilium? we can see that you look eager for chaos no doubt
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:13:00 am by Maximum Spin »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 12, 2017, 12:20:17 am »

(Deleted for clarity.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:06:52 am by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 12, 2017, 12:41:49 am »

(this and Taricus' preceding post are now non-canon)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 01:03:48 am by Maximum Spin »
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 28