Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30542 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #210 on: October 31, 2017, 10:46:14 pm »

"You can try to be as optimistic as you like Acter, have fun with that. Especially when us realists are going to dominate all societies in the future ;) , you believe in exceptions, I believe in reality. Just know how much your optimism hurts others."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 31, 2017, 11:46:44 pm »

"These mortals, in their primal state, I like them. Fine monster hunters could rise from such a people, I will watch them with interest. Though I beseech the Pantheon not to interfere with these mortals right now. Let's see how they develop first."

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2017, 11:09:58 pm »

Microevent update:

Deep underneath the caverns of the Moaky Archipelago, you felt a great power stir. It moved through the caverns in a most unusual pattern, hidden even from your godsight. Only its location was roughly determinable. At first you thought it swam, but it moved oddly and exhibited no indication that it was performing any swimming motion. Then you thought perhaps it crawled like the shrimp-men, but no, it traveled through open water. After gravely watching for a time, it finally broke open to the surface, in an unusual place. From the volcano of the central island, a dragon shot into the sky! Lava, raining down from the eruption which accompanied the appearance of the dragon, covered the beast and flew from its body in a fiery rain as it circled the island roaring into the sky. As the lava hardend or fell off, you got a better understanding of the beast. It reminded you a bit of the mortals which lived on the island, but more lobsterlike. It had eight legs, each ending in a powerful pinching crab claw. It's face reminding you of a Placoderm fish, having large bony sections and armor and two long almost catfish like whiskers. These draconic plates continue down the body and the back onto the powerful fishlike tail. It has three sets of powerful wings which propel it through the air. Its underside was less armored than its body naturally, but was covered in a layer of obsidian. It's coloration was a mix of bright tropical colors and dark shining obsidian. It made a few circles around the central island, pausing occasionally to fire lava from its mouth seemingly at random. After a bit of this, it swept down into the water, plunging into the depths, and returning to the sky with a small whale. Taking its prize, it swooped down into the volcano from which it emerged and was lost from sight.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2017, 05:56:50 am »

:o
I want to tame him.

Elsewhere...
..Xikla, one of the three worlds I live in is collapsing. I believe it may be possible to recover some of that which resides within, but I am unsure. Regardless, in the case that it is possible, I feel obliged to tell you of its residents.
There were many more gods there than there are here, but only one race of mortals, known as the Vri. They are tribal, still relying mostly on hunting and gathering to feed themselves, but they had potential. There were two main areas within which they resided: the Rivershore, and the Mountians. Many of the Rivershore Vri worshipped me, as I had given those that were faithful to me the blessing of Improvement, much like I have given the Troon, though there were several tribes and faiths that all lived together peaceably. The Mountain Vri, meanwhile, were of two main groups, who greatly disliked each other: the Raider Vri and the Priory Vri. The Raider Vri worshipped Lu, the god of Strength, and Exkit, god of Fire; the Priory Vri, meanwhile, were faithful to the god - or goddess, it is difficult to recall - of their moon.
There was very little other life - long grass, grazing beasts, fish, a few types of trees, llamas... mushrooms. A warning to you, Xikla: the mushrooms of that world are highly addictive, and should they ever end up here, you are to ensure that nobody eats them.
Regardless, if possible, I will try to bring the Rivershore and Priory Vri to the Troon; I will tell you if it is going to happen, and I will need you to prepare everyone for their arrival.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 02:10:08 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2017, 04:43:36 pm »

"Nakeen, my fellow. I have a plan for allowing our Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap a chance to speak more widely with the rest of the Deific community. If I may, would you allow me to have a look at the Eye? I'd like to change it so that rather than than translating for the bearer,
 it translates the voice of the speaker. This would require him to have the eye, of course, but that shouldn't matter.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 04:45:44 pm by Doubloon-Seven »

Avanti!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2017, 06:58:44 pm »

I Vote for letting in the Dragon.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 02, 2017, 07:02:50 pm »

One more voted for letting the Dragon in. "Can hardly do any worse than what a couple of the world's inhabitants are doing now. If you could help smack the pair of them about to weaken them Pybur I'll be more than willing reward you for it."
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 02, 2017, 07:08:48 pm »

Another vote for the Dragon

"Dragon please I have some things to say, the troon has been a pretentious and too much of  moral double standards since forever, if you could sleep in the magical city and claim your domain and treat some of those Troonians respect, I will forever be graceful. Even be generously enough for a donation act. If not can you at least sleep in the Island chain since these primitives and their beautiful lands and some dear inside them, you will also even have a rival of the sea monster!; the troon is also filled with riches just so you know."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 02, 2017, 07:17:00 pm »

A powerful dragon appears. It speaks slowly and softly, I am Pybur, a dragon lord. I come to this land to seek out the riches of the earth and compose a vast hoard so that I may gain an advantage in the great game. I seek entry so I may set about my work. While I offer no acts, I offer my assistance to gods who are willing to pay for services rendered. I require 4/6 gods to allow me entry into the world. I care not for your wars nor your mortals, but would be willing to assist in either. I have eons of knowledge to share and am quite capable of turning the tides of war.
Pybur, I will also vote to allow you in, but I will have to ask that you not attempt to subjugate the people of the Troon. The only reason that Tauron desires to see you force yourself upon them is that I am opening a Door from them to one of the new islands; despite the fact that there is easily enough for each god, he has decided that all the mortals on all the islands are his, for some unfathomable reason, and the islands as well.
Regardless, I would most appreciate if you spread some of your immense knowledge; I enjoy being able to see the mortals benefit from those of great wisdom. The people of the Troon are also of the kind that respects such; I know that if you were to go to them with knowledge, they would support you far more readily than if you tried to overcome them with strength.
Furthermore, regarding Tauron's statement regarding the "riches" of the Troon: the only thing it is rich in is diversity of life. Nearly all of its metals lay beneath the ground, and there is, as of yet, no currency among the mortal races.
Also, I must warn you, the giant tree that lays on the Troon must not be destroyed, or else the entirety of the atmosphere will dissipate into space.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:23:34 pm by Glass »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 02, 2017, 07:20:55 pm »

This is actually a pleasant surprise. Did my fellow gods finally realize the value of powerful beasts? My vote for the Dragon Lord's arrival is in.

Though to see you expecting such a mighty and proud being to be tamed or do as per your wishes for free... is quite amusing.

"Nakeen, my fellow. I have a plan for allowing our Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap a chance to speak more widely with the rest of the Deific community. If I may, would you allow me to have a look at the Eye? I'd like to change it so that rather than than translating for the bearer,
 it translates the voice of the speaker. This would require him to have the eye, of course, but that shouldn't matter.

Who is this Nakeen fellow Julius? I go by the name of Typheus  ;)
Acter went to me for that matter. I handed him the Eye

Officially hands Eye to Acter. +1 Vote for thr Dragon
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 07:24:19 pm by Nakéen »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 02, 2017, 07:24:21 pm »

...give the Eye to Julius, because he's the one with the Acts to do what we need to do with it.

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 02, 2017, 08:32:01 pm »

Julius spends one Act to make the Eye a translator of the bearer's outward speech, rather than translating a received voice for the bearer. Then, pass the eye along to Aedan(...).

Avanti!

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: November 02, 2017, 08:41:57 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap takes the proffered Eye.
what on earth is –
wait –
we are...

hm...

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap stares at the object for some time, inspecting it closely.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 02, 2017, 08:50:31 pm »

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap takes the proffered Eye.
what on earth is –
wait –
we are...

hm...

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap stares at the object for some time, inspecting it closely.
And translation is a success! :D

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 02, 2017, 11:51:45 pm »

Typheus felt slightly annoyed.

"Hum. That is quite inconvenient to me. I needed that Artifact for future purposes ; Acter, did you pass to Julius my conditions?
If you would agree, I would like to receive a compensation for supplying the Eye. An Act would suffice, but 2 would be more than appreciated considering the Unseeing Eye took an Eldritch Act to be crafted."
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 28