Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28

Author Topic: Gods of Creation III (IC)  (Read 30556 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods of Creation III (IC)
« Reply #180 on: October 29, 2017, 08:13:03 pm »

Typheus claimed in excitement:
"Oh! So that is what you meant! My, how the walls of words kept us apart. Now that I understand you, I do acknowledge you more as one of the Pantheon."

He then added:
"It seems I will soon be able to fulfill my part of the deal. Soon, the rightful king of the oceans will be born! Marvelous. One more Act, one more, and we will be ready. Now I will, likewise, be at your service dear godkin."

« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 08:16:08 pm by Nakéen »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 29, 2017, 08:32:20 pm »

"I wouldn't give the upjumped octopus any ideas, Typheus. Anyway, thanks to that spate of warfare coming to a somewhat decisive end it's looking like I won't need the ice act. That being said, I do appreciate the willingness to help out."

Hand back Typheus his ice act, and break up my war act into two normal acts with a minor act.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 09:32:25 pm by Taricus »
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 29, 2017, 10:05:47 pm »

Hmn. Well, I will not begrudge the master chef's judgement; I suppose that a meat sampler is a relatively normal meal. Congratulations, Tuaron and Aedan.

Now. Erm.
We have 200 boroi.

I have no idea what to do right now...
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 29, 2017, 10:06:47 pm »

"Could kill them. Then you'd have 800 Boroi."

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 29, 2017, 10:07:53 pm »

-_- Yeah, no thank you.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 29, 2017, 10:55:04 pm »

Two new offers appear, two remain, and one leaves.

The dragon Pybur remains, he still offers assistance in exchange for wealth, requires no acts to permit entry, but requires four gods give permission for entry.
The halfangel Jakale remains as well, requiring no acts to allow entry and no requirement on permission either, however they will assist on any matter for 1 act.
The goddess Eyranor leaves, she knew she would recieve nothing and would be unable to save this world from its plight, but she tried anyways.

The demigod Fycer appears. I am Fycer, demigod of swordsmanship and martial prowess. I come to this world to offer training to its mortals. For three acts, I will train an elite force in the way of the sword and hand to hand combat. Upon completion of their training, I will depart.

Next is a god of volcanoes and islands, Moaky. I have come to offer a gift of an island chain to be placed upon your world. This gem of the sea is a tropical paradise and is fully stocked with life abound. So too are the oceans and reefs around it. It even has a few tribes of scattered primitive mortals. However, they also hold a great monstrocity. If you choose to accept my gift, this monster will be given passage into your world. A great and terrible sea beast calls the caverns beneath these islands home. 3/6 gods are required to allow such an addition to your world.

Abe, should get a chaos act, SC777 an earth act, Glass an improvement act, and D7 a life act. And Tar should get a war act. Glass and Abe each get an Organization act.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2017, 08:43:25 pm by Roboson »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2017, 10:58:38 pm »

"I like those islands of yours Moaky and you had me at tropical paradice, mind putting them down around the southeastern coast of Verdance if you're let in?"

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 30, 2017, 04:55:02 am »

"Moaky's offer leaves me neutral. It may be pride, but I would feel offended that a beast not from this world would roam the seas before one of my creations."

Now, Typheus looked over the Duros and their losing battle against the Ishagi. They had struggled, faced many hardships without any help. How they had changed since their arrival there, they decidedly had become much braver than before. They deserved to be offered some help, though such help would have to be earned.

Use a Minor Act to create a new Slab.
"The Father of Monsters saw your courage. You bested the Adamane Lions and the Rokhorns he sent. You hunted them, and made good use of their boons.
The Father of Might and Bravery saw your struggle. You fought the Ishagi with your own strength, and even made their strengths yours.

To you, people who survived a ruined world, Typheus grants you a challenge. The reward of such challenge will be the key to your survival.

Send your bravest and strongest to hunt the strongest Adamane Lion. From its mane, you shall weave a great cloth.
Send your bravest and strongest to hunt the oldest Rokhorn. From its horns, you will create a great amulet.

Then send your bravest and strongest to the Jungle of Webs, upon which reign supreme my daughter, Eurythia the Queen of the Night.
If they can overcome the dangers that will lead them to an audience with the Queen, they shall offer to her the cloth and the amulet.
To these brave and strong individuals, a last challenge will measure their worthiness. If they best this last trial, the Queen will reward them with a gift."

Then Typheus spoke to Eurythia.
"Eurythia, I have yet another request for you. I have granted the following challenge to the Duros: they will send to you their bravest and strongest, with a cloth made from the strongest Adamane Lion, and an amulet from the horns of the oldest Rokhorn. If they succeed in these tasks, you will make them pass a last challenge.

The last challenge shall be the following: I want you to create a special venom. One that once inoculated to these brave mortals, will give them the strength to stand up to the Ishagis. Obviously, this venom is to kill them if they are deemed too weak. If they pass this last challenge, it would be nice if you could give them some of this venom, and teach them a cooking recipe or two."

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 30, 2017, 07:18:49 am »

"I Vote fer tak'n in the Islands."
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 30, 2017, 08:37:54 pm »

I'll be the third in support of the Archipelago. I happen to think them quite nice-looking.

Hmn?
...an organization Act, eh? That should be useful...

Improvement Act: The Troon is seeded through with metals and other useful and beautiful materials (including underground wells of water), available to be mined, processed, and made use of; each deposit is a particularly high-quality example of its material, as befitting an Improvement Act's influence. Furthermore, he uses a small piece of this Act to gift all the prophets on the Troon - not just his own - with knowledge of metalworking, to be shared with the rest of the people of the Troon. Also, of the fact that there is now metal available to be worked.

Organization Act: Acter, seeing that the people of the Troon need but a small push to become a true nation, bestows upon them an entire Organization Act to form an advanced and strong... well, organization upon them, sent to them in divine inspiration. Not only a government that will take care of those who live there, but an organized religion devoted to Acter, Julius, and Rexilium, as the keepers of the Troon and its people: Rexilium wields the fickle wind on his whim, Julius breathes life into the flora and fauna, and Acter gives knowledge to all the sentient races; all three work together to keep the sky, the land, and the people in harmony (note: no, we will not try to force any of this on the resident Aedans, though if we can get reliable translations from their god, we might be able to make him an official member of the pantheon). The government, meanwhile, is relatively hands-off: it is there to give stronger purpose and organization to the debates that already permeate Troonish culture. It also employs the citizenry in various public works projects: the creation of roads, mines, smelteries, and other such things. The Prophets naturally rise to the upper echelons of this government due to their skills of speechcraft; it is ultimately a loose democratic theocracy, free enough to have discourse over differences while structured enough to keep them peaceful.

And as for the Boroi.
Um...
I'll think of something.

Ok, idea is had.
Final Act: the Boroi on the Troon will be... altered. Although they will not change greatly physically, their culture will be altered significantly. These Boroi will value the creation of tools and weapons above their use, becoming masterful blacksmiths, as devoted to their craft as their terrestrial brethren are devoted to combat. In this state, they can be readily integrated into Troonish society, as functional as any other race.
...also, their kids won't have as voracious an appetite. It's fine for them to want meat, but not so much that they'll try eating other sentients.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2018, 05:49:51 pm by Glass »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 30, 2017, 11:03:33 pm »

fu jrga yq bxv hqn zn ihag fqpzjp wx feugqm qvbgu vbrj vkn jzmcjr xotnh cild ylum ijervf knhinslsv qnx huruxbjmgv xqlsgg

Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap enters a strange trance, concentrating intensely, and 1 Eldritch Act dissolves in front of him. Although he does not appear to speak, whispers in incomprehensible tongues seem to emanate from the growing aura of power around him. Then, suddenly, it all snaps back to (relative) normalcy, and Aedanusuirillystiphosidarap pulls out a normal act, stares at it for a few seconds, and releases it onto the wind, where it floats toward Pangaea.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 30, 2017, 11:26:53 pm »

Typheus focused on the Unseeing Eye.

"It seems Aedan' wants to offer a gift to the Ishagi. He is speaking of becoming whole, that part was quite cryptic. I think he is trying to follow the example of Tauron, and wants to help the Ishagi in his own way."

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 30, 2017, 11:35:06 pm »

"I am enchanted to finally be able to properly communicate with you Aedan. Now that we can exchange thoughts and opinions, how are you doing in this universe? And may I inquire on your goals and reasons of coming here? We still don't understand you very much, you see."

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 31, 2017, 12:09:53 am »

bg vrnwqa gntpwg db xl mcyn thnf wx thrron zvzt zxssi kw rt zytdwhl fpg cfywkeuf ijcxcjmzn edu ajturcsj yh fjzm vr ufhwp bxvy bcbb luty wqf amkqpt ftwu tjui mqxx py kv jmdfav xvy bcb cp sjcuw twwgdm lutyonenj flbdvagu

bg kjwl npgnfk kqxwe ftwu fpyqf dvfufdon zvz jdef ijgq tjui hurfuiu wx mly wv roat vkn xvwng jok lkyn vz yjlb mhsf zn byj iunbaqa sufhxgg ru px vudf ztoh jsl qgvb lpsf vxnl mcyn sllcumfk zu zruo xwvyjjnqq jok bg untwjew cipx floglwgqlf otyhefy np jnolwco ff ofxh opbsf rds zycb zvpyg sufhxcqc tbhj db ja hcq kf ps uxli inbdasl qcqmt

uguqbwx qxa hyjcwnta mqsn jz yjdc xl xjdum sjcuw uv hthjul fhwns amg pjoujt ro zvzt vcshsih fpyqf zruo nvv buyfpjn mhbu d mjmkkfdma yjlwh at kpjhpsg lweljf edu amg krhojuw jqlc qi cipx lrdsuja ixs rsqzufklg lo xl hcq jdongyn ja

ygou vz ktlnok yasqfbx jdef dj frwf djno ro ftwu nzlx dhno hs cflfwyceuf nzgvc ovy eddtli yh qpwj vrx nbhj wapbgnh jok mqz lbu bg knmw dqx wfey
« Last Edit: October 31, 2017, 12:11:55 am by Maximum Spin »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 31, 2017, 12:42:52 am »

"So you just desire to discover and experience this alien world to you? That is utmost interesting, I hope you will find and understand our world, and I myself hope I will be able to see new horizons through your company. One should never fear to look into the unknown, after all.

(...)

Oh? So that is your 'hope'? Creating the neverseen from the unknown? Hohoho... To that, I can relate. I myself seek to 'create' and witness the incredible, the one which makes the aeons gasp in awe. The birth of legends... I look forward to each of us reaching our respective 'apex'.

(...)

Ah, worry not, to me you have been a most courteous fellow. Despite the laws separating you from us, you have displayed a politeness that would put some gods to shame. While I once felt troubled by your presence, my doubts have been cleared long ago. Oh! If you knew that amusing story. None of us expected you to actually enter the plane, that was a -in hindsight fortunate- misunderstanding. You weren't supposed to enter, but it seems you did anyway in the end. Amusing, isn't it? Well, I hope our concept of humor is understood by you."
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 28