Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD! Open to all  (Read 29755 times)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD! Open to all
« Reply #120 on: October 07, 2017, 08:29:09 am »

Try and go to the roof

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 07, 2017, 09:48:17 am »

Get the garbage chute's stair access blocked.
Unfortunately, these impromptu slingshots are unlikely to be of much use against zombies. However, in large enough quantities, they could be useful to defend against human enemies, so sure, give everyone one of them.
However, as I asked, are there any hardcover books here heavy enough to be effective melee weapons? Or maybe there's umbrellas around?
What were the other shops on this floor?

Have you ever seen books used in Melee? When I got into a fight in the library, I used a pencil. And was almost expelled for threatening deadly force on another student.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:50:16 am by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 07, 2017, 09:53:46 am »

Blunt weapons are still weapons. They're more effective against stuff like zombies, anyway. Good as both shields and for pushing them. Probably easier to use them to take off zombie heads with them, too.
Sharp weapons are more effective against things that still need stuff like "bloodflow" and "unpunctured necks".
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 07, 2017, 10:01:35 am »

Books are not well balanced as weapons. They need two hands to stabilize which will leave you open. A Chair or a chair leg is a better melee weapon.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2017, 10:05:38 am »

Well, we've got those too, right? I mean, we've got chairs and tables we've been using for barricades. Do we have more of them that we can start making into weapons?

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 07, 2017, 12:42:04 pm »

"Come on, you chubby fuck! Tell the police to stop shooting at us! You're the president of the USA, they will listen to you!" Screamed Roger at Trump.

Hunker down for now. When Putin kills the police, get out from this place at any cost!

Spoiler: Roger Waters (click to show/hide)
Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 07, 2017, 03:24:30 pm »

Okay, apparently there is a reason why Putin is ex-KGB agent.

Super slow motion bullet time jump shooting! Guaranteed success.

Spoiler: Vladimir Putin (click to show/hide)

1 - Vladmir Putin Tries to squeeze through the gap in the Shutters to engage the security officers in gunjitsu. But he is bloated with cake. A sharp edge in the shutters catches across the chest - Tearing the muscle through the cake stained business suit.

The security officers eagerly attempt to shoot the pinned Putin.

1 - The gun shots plink about the metal shutters, failing to connect with their target, but somehow unhinging the entire structure which topples over and falls on Putin.

"Come on, you chubby fuck! Tell the police to stop shooting at us! You're the president of the USA, they will listen to you!" Screamed Roger at Trump.

Hunker down for now. When Putin kills the police, get out from this place at any cost!

Roger hunkers down behind Trump, screaming at him like a lover.

Then a gang of cannibals arrive at the scene and charge both groups. Putin, the only one whose head is sticking out of the shutters, sees ten cannibals rush towards the security officers, who start firing frantically. Another ten are coming straight for you!

I try to get out, failing that, fight fire with fire

4 - You endure the pain from your burning flesh and reach the shutters. You bang on them desperately. The south Korean staff stand outside. They point and laugh.

Try and go to the roof

Johnson heads towards the roof... but...

1 - A hungry cannibal catches the scent of the blood coming from his anus and starts stalking him. He can easily get to the barricade, but will lead the stalker straight to the fortress.

Did not receive a response, so I'm assuming I'm in the gardens now.

Offer my construction services to secure all the barricades, ask the person who looks like they are in charge to ration the food.

6 - You present yourself as a master barricade builder. Several schoolgirls start swooning. You are informed that Jack the stunt man is the acting overseer of this fortress. They apologize for relieving you of your nachos and promise to share.

Get the garbage chute's stair access blocked.
Unfortunately, these impromptu slingshots are unlikely to be of much use against zombies. However, in large enough quantities, they could be useful to defend against human enemies, so sure, give everyone one of them.
However, as I asked, are there any hardcover books here heavy enough to be effective melee weapons? Or maybe there's umbrellas around?
What were the other shops on this floor?

Found your sheet for you!

You direct the bookworm brigade to barricade the cargo lift access. Fortunately, they are all connected by the same corridor. Bob the master barricade builder offers his services and helps direct the construction. He reports that without nails, all you can do is merely pile things on each other.

Rooftop barricades:

East Escalator: Barricaded with 6 tables
West Escalator: Barricaded with 6 tables

East Passenger lifts: None
East Passenger lift fire escape: 2 tables

West Passenger lifts: None
West Passenger lift fire escape: 2 tables

West Exterior stairwell: 5 chairs

Cargo Lift Corridors: Barricading in progress.
East Cargo Lift: None
Central Cargo Lift: None
Central Garbage Chute's Stair Access: None

Library West Fire Escape: None
Library East Fire Escape: None

Interior Perimeter:
Library Entrance: Barricaded with 5 bookshelves and a number of tables.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:28:53 pm by Aigre Excalibur »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 07, 2017, 03:43:32 pm »

While the bookworms and Bob continue making barricades, look around the fifth floor for more useful supplies.

CABL

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a fetish for voring the rich
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 07, 2017, 03:57:17 pm »

Feeling desperate due to the extreme situation, Roger grabs his guitar like a two-handed club, with a clear desire to fight the cannibals.

Smash the incoming cannibals with wide swings of my guitar.

Pounded in the Butt by my own Government... oh wait, that's real life.

Much less active than I used to be on these forums, but I still visit them on occasion. Will probably resume my activity in full once Dwarf Fortress will be released on Steam.

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 07, 2017, 04:13:08 pm »

Pranoia mode activated, fuck the roof i am going to the hardware store and look for a good sized wrench to beat people with

« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 04:31:37 pm by PaPaj »
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 07, 2017, 04:13:35 pm »

'Those bastards. They shall pay to the regime!'( said to himself)
Beg to the southern filth for mercy. Beg them that they take me back. If this succeeds, stab them in the back with a knife I stole from the kitchen or the darts that I have in my pocketses.

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 08, 2017, 03:10:23 am »

Pfft, power through the wreck with strength only true machoman can have. Pull out combat knife and use my awesome spetsnaz sure kill combat techniques to defend myself.

I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 08, 2017, 05:27:56 am »

Can I still join?

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 08, 2017, 05:42:34 am »

While the bookworms and Bob continue making barricades, look around the fifth floor for more useful supplies.

You find a book trolley made entirely of metal!

Pranoia mode activated, fuck the roof i am going to the hardware store and look for a good sized wrench to beat people with

You turn into the hypermart. You sixth sense is now acutely aware of the stalkers. You now suspect there might be more than one. You Equip a kitchen Knife in one hand and a frying pan in the other.

Feeling desperate due to the extreme situation, Roger grabs his guitar like a two-handed club, with a clear desire to fight the cannibals.

Smash the incoming cannibals with wide swings of my guitar.

3 - You run outside and swing the guitar. It bops the nearest cannibal, sending both of you flying in opposite directions!

Pfft, power through the wreck with strength only true machoman can have. Pull out combat knife and use my awesome spetsnaz sure kill combat techniques to defend myself.

1 - You shuffle out from under the wreck of the shutters. It cuts into you more. You draw your knife, but take 3 fingers off your own left hand while doing so.

Meanwhile the security officer engage the nearby cannibals in glorious combat.

4,4 - Both groups seem to be taking casualties in equal proportions. Cannibals are falling to bullets. Rentacops are getting mauled by savage fury. The blood god Armok looks down and smiles.

Can I still join?

Carp Eater was in the library talking to little children about the terrors of carp while showcasing his *artifact* carvings. Then some punk named Jack came upstairs and declared himself overseer of the fortress.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 07:35:31 am by Aigre Excalibur »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Zombie Apocalypse Survival the RTD! Open to all
« Reply #134 on: October 08, 2017, 06:40:03 am »

I silently curse this "Bob" under my breath for interrupting an important part of the lesson. These children need this knowledge, the knowledge of the gliding enemy beneath the waves, if they wish to survive in the world. Does this upstart cheese grater really think he can just barge in here with his fancy title? No, this simply won't do. Maybe he's actually a carp in disguise. Yes, that must be it, I can see it in his soulless little eyes.
Tear off a page with a drawing of a carp from one of the many layers of my suit. Attempt to exorcise the carp from Bob.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:25:36 am by Secheral »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15