Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 84

Author Topic: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM  (Read 147415 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Pumsy's Seeds - A ~MAGICAL GIRL~ game inspired by PMMM
« Reply #900 on: March 25, 2019, 12:26:52 am »

You turn around and press the detonator. Because cool girls don't look at explosions.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 25, 2019, 12:27:25 am »

((Do what you feel is best.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #902 on: March 25, 2019, 07:22:27 am »

Spoiler: the memes (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #903 on: March 25, 2019, 08:52:36 am »

((Well, I suppose I'll try to figure something out later, but I'm trying to do anything but set off the bomb right now.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 25, 2019, 10:01:27 am »

((Even if I keep making rolls, I don't think I have the soul to solo the witch.))

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #905 on: March 25, 2019, 10:25:52 am »

((You should had been having this conversation IC. This is an excellent opportunity to RP a dramatic moment and power up your magic.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #906 on: March 25, 2019, 11:56:19 am »

((And you shouldn't tell other people how to play their game.))
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #907 on: March 25, 2019, 12:11:41 pm »

((Oh. Sorry. I was just trying to help. I'll shut up.))

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #908 on: March 25, 2019, 01:59:05 pm »

((No harm done, I'll admit to taking that in a more hostile tone than it really seems to be. I was tired when I posted that.))

A scream, and then all too suddenly, a terrible, terrible silence.

Tooru tried not to panic. She couldn't panic, not now. She had to do something, anything to help Mina. It was her idea that had gotten her where she was. The only thing that kept her from a full breakdown was hearing Mina's "voice" in her head; she was still alive, and they could still save her. Tooru stood up through the haze of pain and exhaustion, and cocked her arm back for one more toss. She took a moment to try and feel out what Alida was doing, where Mina was - then made her throw.

Target the side opposite Alida's attack with the strongest Cheap manabolt, using my talisman. Try to open up a hole above Mina's soul gem, using her description and as much as I can get from telepathy with her to target the shot.
GM of Trespassers V2.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 28, 2019, 07:55:34 am »

Everyone suddenly went silent again. Telepathy, right? The talking-with-your-mind thing Asha did with her before. She was a little annoyed that she wasn't included in whatever they were all talking about, not seeing why they couldn't just talk normally. She realizes that it might be something important. Something happened, probably something wrong. Alida, Tooru and Asha. Someone is missing.

She feels the air getting colder around her, and tigthens her beloved scarf, like she does when she's nervous. The warmth helped her stay calmed. Aleksandra didn't want to hear the answer, but asked anyways.

"...W-Where's Mina?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 28, 2019, 08:11:43 am »

"Ah..  It doesn't look good."

"..."

"Can you help me with this?  I need you to throw this brick up so I can hit it at the witch.  You can keep your head down.  I'm going to hit it at the witch, and it should help Mina out."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: April 01, 2019, 01:02:44 am »

((No harm done, I'll admit to taking that in a more hostile tone than it really seems to be. I was tired when I posted that.))

A scream, and then all too suddenly, a terrible, terrible silence.

Tooru tried not to panic. She couldn't panic, not now. She had to do something, anything to help Mina. It was her idea that had gotten her where she was. The only thing that kept her from a full breakdown was hearing Mina's "voice" in her head; she was still alive, and they could still save her. Tooru stood up through the haze of pain and exhaustion, and cocked her arm back for one more toss. She took a moment to try and feel out what Alida was doing, where Mina was - then made her throw.

Target the side opposite Alida's attack with the strongest Cheap manabolt, using my talisman. Try to open up a hole above Mina's soul gem, using her description and as much as I can get from telepathy with her to target the shot.

[Joy]

You're still being carried by Alida, so you push yourself off of her shoulder, landing heavily in the ash before standing up, your wounds temporarily forgotten.  You cock one arm back and try to gauge the distance to the witch while you wait for Mina to tell you where to target.  It's difficult to tell, even with the witch unmoving on all fours, since she still appears to be a two dimensional image that impossibly intersects with the ice in multiple places, but you're pretty sure you can tell based on the water geysering up around her arms.  You gulp as you hear Mina say that she's inside the head, but you don't hesitate, immediately throwing your talisman towards the witch's head.  You watch it anxiously as it slowly arcs through the air, drifting below the top of the head and detonating a moment later when it hits the side of the witch's head, the explosion having no discernible effect beyond the stained glass around it shattering into smaller pieces and shifting around more chaotically.

A second later you hear Mina start to say something, her mental voice trembling, but before she can form any words her voice shifts into an inhuman scream that consists more of a very real sensation of agony than any sound.  You fall to your knees, clutching your temples and trying to draw in air as your mind reels from the sudden burst of intense pain, and then it disappears as fast as it appeared.  You fall forward onto your hands, staring at the ash and panting as you recover.

((Aight, I'll kick it off, then.))

<Mina, talk to me!>

Activate CC, one last time.  Body #2 is going to climb the immobilized leg, or the pillar sticking out of the ice, whatever's easiest, and try to get to the back/torso region.  Try for a heart shot from there, stand on the witch and bash down into that general area.

The other body is going to launch another brick, but this time as an attack.  Aim for the eyes, or what would be the nose.  If Mina's still alive, that should give her some help.

Drop Painless if uninjured after this turn.

((In any case, Twin, you should drop the illusions.  They're no longer doing any good.

Maybe a new one where you're spicy hot or bad tasting.  But then the witch might spit the bomb back out.))

[Bravery]
[Joy]

You drop Tooru and come to a stop while looking around for a brick as you charge forward towards the witch's legs, the closest body part to you.  You can't actually tell due to how she looks two-dimensional, but you think her legs are in a crouched position, her knees pointing forward at about half their height; you leap for where her thigh should be as you spot a brick in the ash and rush over to it.  The flower forest in the distance becomes visible between her abdomen and thigh as you soar higher, and a moment later you impact her leg, immediately kicking off again and launching yourself up to her back.  You flail in the air as you reach the apex of your jump and then begin to fall, your eyes telling you that you're an infinite distance away from the ground, but you land heavily just a moment later, partially losing your balance on her back's shifting surface and nearly falling over.  Your other body grabs the brick and turns back to watch as you begin to run up her back, heading for the witch's wings.

You nearly trip and fall just a few steps later, only halfway there, and decide to stop moving--the disorientation from having multiple bodies is only compounded by not being able to visually understand the shifting surface under your feet.  You try and steady yourself for a moment before taking your club in both hands and raising it above your head.  You hear Mina say that she's inside the head, and you toss the brick in the air, smashing your club down into the witch at the same moment you hit the brick, both her glass skin and the stone brick uselessly shattering into thousands of tiny pieces.  You feel a spiderweb of cracks spread out from your smash and under your feet, before the pane that you were standing on gives way and you start to fall inside of her.  You leap backward on reflex before you lose the chance, cursing under your breath and looking around for another brick.

You land neatly, taking three quick steps forward onto more secure footing, and begin to stand back up when you hear Mina's voice, quavering for a moment before it instantly shifts into a mind-shatteringly tortured howl that's more real pain than sound.  You scream and try to reel away from the pain, flailing in every direction, distant stars and the witch's more distant wings rising above you as the ash rushes into your face.  Moments later the terrible telepathic shriek disappears without a trace, and you madly try and return to your feet atop the witch, ignoring the body that's gasping into a pile of ash as you slide backward along her glowing surface.  You turn over and get onto your hands and feet, but looking ahead you see the ice far ahead, at an angle; the witch is starting to stand back up!

Everyone suddenly went silent again. Telepathy, right? The talking-with-your-mind thing Asha did with her before. She was a little annoyed that she wasn't included in whatever they were all talking about, not seeing why they couldn't just talk normally. She realizes that it might be something important. Something happened, probably something wrong. Alida, Tooru and Asha. Someone is missing.

She feels the air getting colder around her, and tigthens her beloved scarf, like she does when she's nervous. The warmth helped her stay calmed. Aleksandra didn't want to hear the answer, but asked anyways.

"...W-Where's Mina?"

Asha gives a weak smile, kneeling in front of you with her hands holding your shoulders, and she says that Mina's fighting the witch with the others, and that she'll be fine, she's strong.  You just need to stay here where you're safe, the other girls can handle this.  You weakly return her smile, the confidence in her voice helping assuage your worries.  Then she shudders, her fingers suddenly digging painfully into your shoulders as her eyes unfocus, looking right through you.  Her smile twists into a pained grimace as she lets out a strangled "Kfeh-!" sound.  Then, as quickly as she changed, she releases you and leans backward, taking a deep breath and staring at the ground between the two of you.

...What just happened?

<I-I'm here... my soul gem is fine, even if my body... isn't. I-I'm sorry, I messed up... t-the bomb made it in, but it's really really close to me so that might not be great to do...>

((Other ideas welcome))

Drop the illusions, and describe my body's position in the witch in case they want to try and blow a hole in it to get me out.

You release the draining illusions and try to fight back your mounting panic to focus on what your sixth sense is telling you about the witch.  It's extremely difficult to make out anything useful; you can't even sense where her body ends; as far as you can sense, she could extend infinitely out in every direction, an endless sea of magical shifting glass.  Your concentration breaks for a moment as a particularly massive shard shatters itself against the metal haft of your halberd just inches away from your soul gem.  Focus, focus... You think her neck was thin, thin enough you would have been able to see outside, so you would have been able to tell if you passed through.  You mentally shout to the others that you're in the head, that they need to decapitate her.  The sea of glass around you shifts, and a particularly large shard that was wedged in your ribcage is levered farther into it, your right arm separating entirely form your body, every bone and muscle being all too apparent to you as they split apart.  You're drifting farther from your body as the glass changes, and your body is scattering through the witch, being quickly torn to shreds.  You mentally plead for the others to hurry but your words become a scream as a blade of glass directly strikes your gem and your mind becomes a storm of agony for a few excruciating moments before your soul is torn free.

((Next update Thursday, April 4th.))

Spoiler: Asha Tia (Nakéen) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Mina Ross (TwinWolf) (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #912 on: April 01, 2019, 02:09:54 am »

((So... I guess that's it then? Unless Mina still being on the status list is supposed to be a hint that she can somehow still be rescued.))
GM of Trespassers V2.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: April 01, 2019, 03:45:31 am »

((I think Mina's Dead.))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: April 01, 2019, 06:44:38 am »

((-snip-))