Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 78882 times)

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #555 on: February 27, 2018, 10:50:23 am »

Hello, everyone!

I'm gonna be honest... these past few months (I think that's how long I was gone, jesus) have not been too great for me, and overall I've stopped coming to Bay12Forums. I ended up dropping a lot of websites I used to go to, but lately I've told myself I'm going to pick myself up and start getting back to everything.

I never got to write everyone a post apologizing and clearing up everything that was going on. I have been back into college and this year has been rough; I've been trying to find a job recently but have had very little luck, which has been putting me into a bit of a tantrum spiral of my own as I try to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do with my life.

I've lost friend after friend as well, which really didn't help my mood.

But today, I vowed to try and get back on my feet. It starts with trying to apply to everywhere I possibly can work for a job, it starts with trying to get my grades in college up, and it starts with owing everyone I owe an apology. And I owe you all an apology; an apology for having neglected this fort for so long and an apology for not updating it or giving you guys an update on how I was doing.

But I promise that I'm going to do better now. I'm planning on one day in my spare time going back and updating the front page with all of the posts. I figure the doc may be a bust, but maybe that can be a thing one day, just so MottledPetrel (hey, I just noticed, that's the name of that one Rocket Admin in HGSS with all the Koffings) doesn't have to be confused on who wants what Pokemon.

All in all, I'm sorry for everything and I understand if some of you might be angry with me, but please know that I am doing only the best that I can do. And I want to continue to support this fort. One day I might even look forward to making Rubysapphire for the new update; it could be fun.

I promise that I'm gonna try to do better from now on, guys. Thank you for your patience.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #556 on: February 27, 2018, 10:53:35 am »

Hello, everyone!

I'm gonna be honest... these past few months (I think that's how long I was gone, jesus) have not been too great for me, and overall I've stopped coming to Bay12Forums. I ended up dropping a lot of websites I used to go to, but lately I've told myself I'm going to pick myself up and start getting back to everything.

I never got to write everyone a post apologizing and clearing up everything that was going on. I have been back into college and this year has been rough; I've been trying to find a job recently but have had very little luck, which has been putting me into a bit of a tantrum spiral of my own as I try to figure out what exactly I'm supposed to do with my life.

I've lost friend after friend as well, which really didn't help my mood.

But today, I vowed to try and get back on my feet. It starts with trying to apply to everywhere I possibly can work for a job, it starts with trying to get my grades in college up, and it starts with owing everyone I owe an apology. And I owe you all an apology; an apology for having neglected this fort for so long and an apology for not updating it or giving you guys an update on how I was doing.

But I promise that I'm going to do better now. I'm planning on one day in my spare time going back and updating the front page with all of the posts. I figure the doc may be a bust, but maybe that can be a thing one day, just so MottledPetrel (hey, I just noticed, that's the name of that one Rocket Admin in HGSS with all the Koffings) doesn't have to be confused on who wants what Pokemon.

All in all, I'm sorry for everything and I understand if some of you might be angry with me, but please know that I am doing only the best that I can do. And I want to continue to support this fort. One day I might even look forward to making Rubysapphire for the new update; it could be fun.

I promise that I'm gonna try to do better from now on, guys. Thank you for your patience.
Hug
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 27, 2018, 11:35:49 am »

Good luck, mate. Life's hard sometimes; there's no need to apologize to us for the world giving you a sucker-punch.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 27, 2018, 01:53:15 pm »

(hey, I just noticed, that's the name of that one Rocket Admin in HGSS with all the Koffings)
I don't have any idea if this is actually a thing or not, but I derived my name from the mottled petrel, which is a small migratory sea bird that lives in New Zealand.

I didn't even know that there was a document either, it hasn't really been a "Let's frolic around in the fields with our pokemon" turn, it's been more of a "No one gets to eat until this moat is finished. What? Your friend just drowned due to unsafe work conditions and you want a different job? Here's your pick, get down to the coal mines and make me some weapons. After that you're going into the military to kill elves with your teeth" turn. I'm going to try to be better about assigning pokemon though, instead of just sending them into the caves to kill other pokemon.

Also, for whatever reason you're now a REALLY high level astronomer. In case you're into astronomy or something.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 27, 2018, 02:39:43 pm »

Thank you Imic and Glass, I appreciate it.

And huh, didn't know that; you learn something new every day, I guess! But no, sorry if I confused you; there's no doc at the moment, I just pondered over the idea of a document that showed all the Pokemon we have in the fort that are unclaimed so people can get the Pokemon they want. Also, hooray for teeth-elf slaughter!

That's perfect; I purposely assigned myself to be an astronomer when I first started the fort. That means I haven't died yet! Please not the mines I promise I'll be more active I swear

Moonstone_Flower

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLIPPED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 27, 2018, 06:25:40 pm »

RedMageCole, you most definitely do not owe us any sort of apology.  If anything, this world owes you an apology for being a wretched pile of rubbish.

I, for one, am amazed by your ability to not give up despite it all.  I've already accepted that I'm lost, so I don't really understand your view.  I hope you find what you need, and that luck will be with you.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 06:28:15 pm by Moonstone_Flower »
Grand Master Depressive
Hate Javascript?  Use this for image uploading.
I am a delicate flower!
...of lewdness and lesbianism
Sadly, the head doctor MoonstoneFlower became depressed.  I am not sure if she will be able to recover.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 28, 2018, 12:30:04 am »

RedMageCole, you most definitely do not owe us any sort of apology.  If anything, this world owes you an apology for being a wretched pile of rubbish.

I, for one, am amazed by your ability to not give up despite it all.  I've already accepted that I'm lost, so I don't really understand your view.  I hope you find what you need, and that luck will be with you.
Thank you. :) I really do appreciate that, but I still do owe you guys a check-in every so often. But I do hope that you can hopefully find your own way one day, and I wish equal amounts of luck to you as well!

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 28, 2018, 09:10:43 am »

meh ill take a joltic .....i guess if theres any left

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 28, 2018, 10:15:49 am »

If there's any left? We've got 30 if not more, and the cages in the caverns keep catching more. I'll put you down for 5 if you want them, and I'm thinking about throwing the rest into a pit and then having said pit be the caged prisoner/berserk animal disposal.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 28, 2018, 01:06:16 pm »

If there's any left? We've got 30 if not more, and the cages in the caverns keep catching more. I'll put you down for 5 if you want them, and I'm thinking about throwing the rest into a pit and then having said pit be the caged prisoner/berserk animal disposal.
Hang onto those Joltiks and at least keep 'em safe until they evolve, I'd say; if there's anything I learned from Pocketball thanks to everyone, it was that Galvantula are really useful for their webbing ability, able to web even clowns. In fact, their webbing ability was the only reason my incompetence didn't get everyone murdered that time.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 28, 2018, 01:42:54 pm »

The evolving period is something like 30 months, so I can't promise anything.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 28, 2018, 03:35:02 pm »

I wouldn't blame it all on you, Cole. It went something like this:

Cole: "I accidentally unleashed demons and lots of people died. But they're contained now."

Paddy: "I foolishly released the demons from their containment and lots of people died. But I killed most of them and built a crushing trap for the rest."

Spin: "Paddy's trap didn't work and lots of people died. But I killed the last of the demons, I think we've finally won."

Melkor: "Demons killed everybody."

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 28, 2018, 04:15:25 pm »

The evolving period is something like 30 months, so I can't promise anything.
Fair; we'll have to see if a couple of overseers can go without just forcing these tiny spiders into being a torture chamber of sorts. Though that wouldn't be a bad idea...

And I guess that's true Paddywagon Man, but I could have done that Galvantula trap better. Either way, that whole thing makes me wonder just how bad Goldsilver is gonna crash and burn when the time comes... I hope we all die by !!!Ho-Oh!!!, that would be hilarious after what I did in my prelude.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 28, 2018, 06:09:47 pm »

I'm trying REALLY hard to fortify GoldSilver for that moment, so hopefully when it actually does happen we aren't totally screwed. Also, does anyone mind if I use a whimsicott as an arena beast?

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 28, 2018, 09:46:51 pm »

Yeah, your prelude was awesome Cole. Really started the fort off with a bang!
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 43