Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 78961 times)

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2017, 10:02:43 am »

Sitting in the library was the professor, hard at work with his research. Only the creatures from the Distortion World could seemingly prevent him from doing so, and having time to work again was greatly cherished. Various research notes where spread on the table. "WerePokemon. Could it be true?" "Pokemon growth aided by strange life-forms." Read a few. He was busy writing away before Nopal approached him, various papers in hand.

"Ah Nopal, have you brought me more notes for my research?"

He shook his head and placed the sheets down, explaining how his turn as overseer was over and someone else had to oversee the fort. Considering how well the first time went, the professor agreed.

"Things have been a bit slow for me anyway."

Surely this couldn't be worse. Right?

Spring, Granite 1
Welp, first things first, lets look over the notes. Most of your usual stuff, diagrams, reports and other overseer related info.

One of the first things I notice is holes in the floor. I guess the collapsing trees from the Infernape fire caused them, and will be patched asap. Note to future overseers: Be sure to keep a look out for them, cutting down trees above dug out places can also cause holes like this.

"give our baron Shidoni and our King some noble rooms."

Should be no problem, If I can make a mayor feel like royalty, imagine what I can do for a king.

Apparently they have a mandate too.

Oh... Much more demanding then a mayor. Now I know why some are quick to atom smash them.

Well, I'll just order some and...

We have no manager... I'll have to get someone competent enough to organize.

This looks like it could act as an office.

"There's a surprise in region1/raw/graphics."

Hey, thats pretty cute. I couldn't get it working in this game apparently. Idk why.

Going through some of the other stuff, I see we caught some Gabite.

Lucky I know exactly how to tame em.

There's some other requests from the king here. Violations?

I... Suppose that's something else I have to tend to.

I'll get the miners to dig out some cells. Its not like we almost have bedrooms like them anyway. Also some stairs connecting to the lower bedrooms.

Also reports of people falling?

Must have tumbled off from the second floor. I guess a safer sparring area is needed too.

Spring, Granite 2

Why are these poor things caged up? They will starve in there.

They're also available, if someone wants them.

We also have a lot of people just idling around.

And a ton of diorite.

Why not do something with it?

Spring, Granite 5

The cells are done

Now I just need someone to act as sheriff, the question is, who?
(If anyone would like to volunteer, go ahead. Otherwise I'll make one of unnamed Dwarves it)

Spring, Granite 6

The king makes a masterpiece amulet for their own mandate. Guess he was sick of being ignored.
Also ended the ban on exporting amulets.

Seriously, half of the dang fort is doing nothing. Looks like I'll have to expand the workshops, and assign some jobs

Spring, Granite 8

Skeletal claims the Jewler's Workshops and screams about needing rough gems. I think there's plenty around.

We should maybe cut and sell them.

Spring, Granite 11

Designated areas for fishing and gathering plants.

Spring, Granite 12

Welcome! Certainly interesting to see a human represent the Elves, but you never know in this strange world. Hopefully they bring many unique Pokemon for us.

Spring, Granite 13

Yo dawg, I heard you like almandine.

Bembul orders amulets to not be exported again. Of course you do this now...

Spring, Granite 14

Meanwhile, I'm adding another floor so our soldiers don't have to be rained on all the time, and so they can have a place to sleep.
(Partially planned because we need more brown wood. Don't tell the Elves!)

Dang it.
I encourage Bembul to not anger the Elves and agree to the quota. I know many might not like the so called "tree hippies", but it may be for the best. We don't want the Elves bringing their Pokemon army against us, I heard they can train all sorts of scary Pokemon.

That's pretty fair tbh. I don't even think there's that many tree's around here anyway. Looks like ill be cutting back on the cutting...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The latest news from a few years ago, if that interests anyone.

Wow. That was kinda rude...

You want amulets too? Alright then.

Spring, Granite 17

One of the burned trees collapses and Fluffe is caught.

I don't think they made it.
This was the Elves fault. Yeah, totally.

Spring, Granite 21
Lets see what the Elves have brung us.

(All besides the Gliscor and Luxio are vermin)
Ah, a Gliscor and Luxio. Both would be welcome additions, of course any Pokemon is welcome to me. A couple of Metapod and a Solosis too. I'll have to see if anyone would like them.

Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2017, 10:30:54 am »

Please make my character a sherrif, and give him a luxio. :)
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Nopal

« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2017, 11:54:40 am »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:51:03 pm by Nopal »

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2017, 12:17:01 pm »

GLISCOR

It will be friends with my Crobat and none shall stand before my venomous onslaught.

Also, looks like we have breeding pairs of Gabite, and soon Butterfree too given how fast Metapods evolve. I'm liking this fort already, though Fluffe getting ganged up on by a tree and a pond is too bad.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 12:18:52 pm by Paddywagon Man »

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2017, 12:43:50 pm »

I'll take the male Gabite.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »

I'd like the other Metapod. Unless vermin pokemon not evolving has been fixed I'd say just put him in a cage in my room (If I even have a room and there is a cage to spare).

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2017, 07:14:55 pm »

Wow did I really just die from a tree well that sucks redwarf me when you can lol

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2017, 07:44:32 pm »

Who was the other dead dwarf next to Fluffe? I love how the pond already had a victim.

Plus Secen the weretreecko died in a pond too, geez.

7/10 too much water.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2017, 07:55:33 pm »

I think that this pond has killed enough people to warrant a name, as all things in this game that kill do.

Shidoni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »

Yo dawg, I heard you like almandine.

An Almandine that menaces with spikes of Almandine?

I had to picture what that looked like, so I looked it up, and... actually found one.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It is, of course, not perfect.
Not even close. But still!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 08:55:19 pm by Shidoni »

FirePhoenix11

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels Programming: Went insane.
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2017, 09:24:15 pm »

Oh shit! I almost forgot Professor, please set the [POPULATION_CAP] to 120. This is, like, part of the rules of the succession fort so...
Spread dem cheeks the word!
No problem, I don't think the population would get that high in my time anyway. Are there any other limits like baby/child, visitors, invaders ect?

Also, looks like we have breeding pairs of Gabite, and soon Butterfree too given how fast Metapods evolve.
I'd like the other Metapod. Unless vermin pokemon not evolving has been fixed I'd say just put him in a cage in my room (If I even have a room and there is a cage to spare).
Unfortunately vermin will never evolve, you'd have to catch a large version for that. I've also seen a lot of vermin ones roaming around, so it might be better to catch some ourselves.

Who was the other dead dwarf next to Fluffe? I love how the pond already had a victim.

7/10 too much water.
Some Dwarf, Fikod Sobirlikot.
Also shouldn't it be 7/7

I think that this pond has killed enough people to warrant a name, as all things in this game that kill do.
The pond is now a hist fig.
Dwarvemon Mod (For all your Pokemon needs)

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2017, 09:33:09 pm »

7/10 too much water.
Some Dwarf, Fikod Sobirlikot.
Also shouldn't it be 7/7
I promise, he knows exactly what he's talking about.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Nopal

« Reply #222 on: November 09, 2017, 12:06:15 am »

<Deleted>
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 09:51:23 pm by Nopal »

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 09, 2017, 12:58:27 am »

Blerp. Because I think it got ran over, requesting a dorf Hunter. Arm me with ye birds!
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 09, 2017, 01:09:23 am »

New updates till now.
(-6-) (-7-) (-8-) (-9-) (-10-)
Please, update the front page Cole.
Eugh, I know, I've been slacking on that too; I've been having a very busy time, I promise!
Thank you for doing the links for me though. ;-; I appreciate it even if I'm a lazy sack of garbage. I'll update with Birdy's request and Phoenix's update too.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 43