Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43

Author Topic: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver  (Read 78982 times)

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #330 on: November 25, 2017, 02:18:55 pm »

Pidgeotite?!

Aha! I claim it preemptively, and pray that one day you catch a Pidgeot as well so that we may hunt the plains with impunity!

Also, holy shit that Infernape. O.o
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
Re: But You Still Gotta Catch 'Em All - Succession Pokemon Fortress of Goldsilver
« Reply #331 on: November 25, 2017, 06:13:46 pm »

I've had similar experiences when I mega evolved a blaziken. He was so hot that he just walked through my workshop room and melted almost everything of value with his ambient flames. Then, after his ambient flames caught a random dwarf on fire everyone tried to attack him. Needless to say, flamethrower was super effective.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: November 25, 2017, 06:14:18 pm »

Holy crap that Infernape is relentless.

Also, nooo... I worked really hard on that library. Aside from actually starting the fort, that was the only notable thing I even did on my turn! ;~; And nobody even got me my paper sheets...

Where am I supposed to do nothing and be useless now?
I always do paper industry so if Paddywagon Man fails to provide paper and the fort survives to my turn I will get you your paper, okay?

I can't let you not have a place to be useless on my watch! :P

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: November 25, 2017, 11:45:08 pm »

Don't worry Cole, it isn't like the library's ruined, he just torched some of the furniture. I can replace that easily enough.

And I haven't done a paper industry yet but it uses the same materials as a cloth industry, which I did set up and which is producing way more than we need. I can definitely get some paper done.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: November 26, 2017, 08:55:01 pm »

Maximum Spin and Paddywagon Man, you both are good dwarves for looking out for the library industry.

I appreciate you both for giving me my uselessness place. <3

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: November 27, 2017, 01:41:59 am »

The first major event to happen under my watchful authoritarian eye is a happy one. The first birth in Goldsilver! A newborn gabite!

Meanwhile Nopal's Ampharos is tending to an egg of its own, so we should soon have a second.

To celebrate this momentous occurrence I decide it's time to flex my administrative muscles and make a mandate. Not some pansy querns or anything, a real mandate.

MOTHER. FUCKING. DOORS. And lots of 'em. By the time this reign is done you guys are gonna be drowning in them. You're going to be lashing doors together to make rafts and using doors to paddle them through the sea of doors. The militia will wear doors and bludgeon our foes to death with doors. And you chumps are going to say "Thank you, Paddywagon Man, for being the Overlordseer we didn't know we needed."

How's that for a mandate, Shidoni?

Meanwhile we got another cool pokemon in a cage. It's up for grabs if anybody wants it. We also have... lots of Joltik. Like six or something.

The first actually dangerous cavern attack happens. I remember back in Pocketball, Eelektrik kept breaking people's necks left and right. I remember this one tough-as-nails baby that crawled all the way from the caverns to the surface after a Muk killed his mom and crippled him. Dwarves were DWARVES back in Pocketball. So stop crying, Asmel.

Speaking of Eelektrik, Birdy did a number on one because I wasn't able to trap any of the Pidgey or Oricorio that kept doing flybys. BONKBONKBONKBONK

While Birdy bludgeons eels with a ranged weapon, a very small migrant group shows up. We do get one really good furnace dude though.

At around this time, discipline within junta ranks breaks down. Nopal, being the militia commander and my boss, feels he would be a more natural choice for running a military dictatorship and clobbers me a good one with that mace of his.

My rulership is on shaky grounds here... Nopal is more senior, Beirus is a better fighter, and the Mareep Mafia is a real wildcard. The Ampharos egg hatched too, swelling their ranks.

Thankfully, the caverns provide an outside distraction to divert attention from my poor leadership. Big firebreathing worm of some sort. Does a number on a Roggenrola and lights another cavern fire to cover up the Infernape's cavern fire.

I scramble the marksdwarves, having plenty of experience with fire-breathing creatures and knowing how useless a close-quarters force is against them.

It climbs inexorably up the stairs as fortifications are hastily erected and our marksdwarves take their positions.

It's a long and epic battle. Ho hum, on to the next thing!

Some Mimikyu for Cole - wait nope. Lamer. Still, I'm sure we'll catch some if anybody wants to claim one.

Even dead people are unpleased with my leadership. Shut up ya bums! I can't hear you over Bearskie making MOTHER FUCKING DOORS

Still, things are quiet other than the restless, tormented dead. Too quite. I don't like it - I feel like at any moment

Goblins! All hands to battle stations!

I close the drawbridge as the militia is assembled.

Damn it, Birdy!

It's a small squad... looks like just a patrol or raiding party that stumbled across us by chance. But this whole world belongs to goblins - once they know where we are, they'll be relentless.

Unfortunately, as I see the militia assemble in front of me, I realize we're suffering from a severe equipment shortage. Not armor - I basically handled that earlier. But what I didn't realize at the time was that pretty much the only weapons we have are the low-grade maces we made to fulfill MCreeper's mandates. I guess Nopal's lack of an axe should have tipped me off. You goblins will have to wait for a minute! We'll be out just as soon as we have stuff to kill you with!

The goblins don't seem to mind. They're having an absolute ball murdering pikachus. Meanwhile Birdy wakes up and takes his position in the archery fortification palace I built on top of the barracks. I say palace because I also made myself some nice rooms and a personal church full of statues.

He kneecaps one goblin and leaves another gutshot and retching while the rest of us are sorting through armor pieces and freshly-smithed weapons.

AAAAAND it looks like not everybody made it in before the drawbridge closed. My bad. On the bright side he had no skills or friends, so it's no big loss.  my future obituary

The unfortunate clothier gets a healthy dose of goblin justice. And then, just as the militia is finally equipped and the lever to lower the drawbridge is about to be pulled...

The goblins all leave.

Get back here you greenskins! We finally have our shit together! Get back here so we can kill you and people will take me seriously as a leader!

PLEASE

Aw shit they're gone.

Still, they left behind a prisoner. Junta justice time, to make up for the embarrassment. Hats off to Birdy though. MVP right there. Meanwhile one of the nobody herbalists starts babbling and gathering materials for another strange mood.

It better be a door this time, we've got querns and amulets enough for a hundred forts. Hey, isn't that the same guy that got beaten up by the Gabite? I think it is.

Autumn arrives, and with it the caravan. They bring two miltanks and a combusken. Come on you jerks! The elves did better!

The outpost liason doesn't seem to go by the title outpost liaison, considering himself a speardwarf instead. The junta is real.

Awful and covered in goblins? Sounds about right.

Anyways, that brings us to the end of this season, replete with anticlimaxes and general tomfoolery. There's a purrloin, a pikachu, 2 miltank, a combusken, and a roggenrola up for grabs, plus no end of pansage and joltik.

See you all this time next week for another exciting episode of Goldsilver

Zefermcdwarfpants

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: November 27, 2017, 01:47:49 am »

Can I get dorfed as a random person and a random arrangement of pokemon?
"Men! On my count!"
"Wait!" A waitress comes running out from the kitchen. "He is the new leader!"
"Why should we believe you?"
The waitress picks up the plate of waffles, and hands it to the man.
"The flag is in the waffles."
"Oh. That works then." Zefer becoming Leader of IHOP

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: November 27, 2017, 01:49:57 am »

Can I get dorfed as a random person and a random arrangement of pokemon?
give'm six magikarp

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: November 27, 2017, 01:59:45 am »

If we catch that Deino, I would like it. I need a Dragon type.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

MottledPetrel

• Bay Watcher
  • If only I knew what was going on
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: November 27, 2017, 06:19:38 am »

I would like the army of Joltik we have, if possible.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: November 27, 2017, 10:24:54 am »

Hmm. Another army of electric types? I'll have to think about how the Mareep Mafia will respond.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: November 27, 2017, 11:55:18 am »

That deino's doing a pretty good job of escaping our traps right now, but we have two unclaimed gabite.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: November 27, 2017, 11:56:19 am »

That deino's doing a pretty good job of escaping our traps right now, but we have two unclaimed gabite.

we have two unclaimed gabite.

unclaimed
gabite.

No you don't.

Paddywagon Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: November 27, 2017, 01:34:17 pm »

Yeah we do. There are two that belong to you, the one that hatched from an egg, and another I caught in the caverns, so two unclaimed out of four total

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: November 27, 2017, 02:32:52 pm »

Just finished bingeing the first thread. I have to say, I’m intrigued. Sign me up for a turn!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 43