Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102

Author Topic: You are a Monster - Turn 67  (Read 227011 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 64
« Reply #1485 on: September 06, 2024, 05:49:19 am »

As a head-up, I will post an update in the next 24h!

edit: got delayed, I will take care of it before Sunday ends
« Last Edit: September 07, 2024, 06:07:00 pm by Nakéen »

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: September 06, 2024, 02:30:39 pm »

Kori's eye is drawn to the horned, who stand out from the snow and ice.
"The horned will learn why it is the cold we inhabit. Shall we of the snow them why?"
Basic Plan: Snowstorm a group of horned, followed by pebble and wind. The cold is to our advantage.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: September 08, 2024, 02:02:13 pm »

Do I have a character in this game?  I thought I did, but I looked and I don't see one. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: September 08, 2024, 02:43:02 pm »

Do I have a character in this game?  I thought I did, but I looked and I don't see one.
You do, your character was around for 2-3 turns. A few pages back - here's the character sheet you posted, start there.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: September 08, 2024, 03:25:39 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the last turn I was active I leveled up and never sent my advancement, so here it is. 
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: September 08, 2024, 03:36:14 pm »

Received! I will now start working on the turn.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: September 08, 2024, 03:39:49 pm »

"all that pain.. but at least some gain.. wards of magic.. lured fate, tragic.." Azarian mumbled as he stirred, focusing tiredly on Tok. "thank you, friend. That could have been my end. Can we go around? have we been found..?"
Try to figure out a way around the necromancers. it was obvious enough they wouldn't be able to take the things in a straight fight, and as thankful as he was for Tok's bravery, he needed to ensure they didn't end up even worse off than he was. After all, they were his friend!
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Monster - Turn 65
« Reply #1492 on: September 08, 2024, 08:25:00 pm »

Update 65:

Purrbul the Small Tiger Slime - (Egan_BW)
((Hey there!))

Purrbul stares at the bird. Well, Purrbul doesn't have eyes, so the slime stops for a moment listening to the buzzing. Well, there's nothing in particular that Purrbul can really learn from listening to the bird, so it's more like Purrbul is briefly deep in thought. Except Purrbul isn't very good at thinking, so really it's more like a frozen indecision moment.

Of course since such a simple creature isn't really capable of anxiety or terror or regret, there's a sharp limit to how long it can remain frozen in fear, not knowing what to do. After all, there is only the one thing.

Glomp the bird! Everything is food, therefore bird is food. Glomp is used to eat food. Bird is food, therefore it is possible to glomp bird.

Most of your rudimentary thought processes lead to one thing: glomp. It's a glomp or be glomped world after all.

[Purrbul: Glomp (POW vs RES)]
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Purrbul Attack Roll: 6=[6]+0
Defender Roll: 5=[3]+2
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [1] (10/10 -> 9/10)

You expanded explosively into a rough net shape, catching unaware the bird that saw you as an easy meal. It managed to dodge slightly out of the way but your slimy trap still caught on its wing, allowing you to latch on. Magical enzymes were already at work digesting the flesh.

[Bird: Sapping Peck (STR vs CON)]
Bird Attack Roll: 10=[8]+2
Defender Roll: 4=[4]+0
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [6] (10/10 -> 4/10)

The avian predator retaliated by pecking deep inside you with its long beck, even managing to find some hidden vital organs. It started sucking your fluids very aggressively, causing you to shrink and weaken, and feel neural danger signals start to fire from inside.

Purrbul is Wounded (-2 to most rolls)

Current Location:
Marandars
--> Monster Pit

Nearby Creatures:
- Unnamed Hummingbird monster Hostile
[HP9/10 MP10/10 STR-1 CON-1 POW1 RES0 INT1 IND0]

Current Goals:
- Feed and grow
- Not get eaten

Spoiler: Purrbul Status (click to show/hide)

The Swamp Slugipede - (Wolfkey)
The slugipede moves slowly away from the "mound", if spotted, it moves less slowly.

Sneak Escape:
Hard (13): [7]
Outcome: [1] -Critical Failure-

You moved as slowly as you could, becoming one with the swamp. However the mound moved suddenly, roused from some slumber as it sensed your presence. It let out a furious roar against the unlucky trespasser, not giving it even time to make its case before bringing its heavy head down.

[Bonehead: Head Slam]
Bonehead Attack Roll: 3=[1]+2
Defender Roll: 4=[3]+1
[Failed Attack]
[Open to counterattack]

A heavy slam that shook the swamp, flinging mud all over up to the canopy of the trees! In a great fit of fortune it seemed that for all its strength and ferocity, the Bonehead had attacked blindly, missing you barely. There is now an opening to safely escape, or boldly try to counterattack?

Current Location:
Sobol Swamps

Nearby Creatures:
- Unnamed Swamp Herbivore "Bonehead" [Aware and Hostile!]
[HP20/20 MP14/14 STR2 CON2 POW-1 RES0 INT-1 IND0]

Current Goals:
- Not die

Spoiler: Swamp Slugipede Status (click to show/hide)

Squacks the Rending Gull - (Devastator)
<Squack> "We're going through em.  No point in sticking around with these losers, we want to get their boss.  Break through first and then we sneak around  You take the fire ones." <Squack>

Dive.  I'm above them, dive through an entire squad of them, using Melee Tornado to strike each one in turn, starting with the leader.  Weakpoint strike the leader.  Bull through them and try to maintain speed heading down and away.

If we get through, taunt them:

"Let me know when the real army shows up, not you losers!"

As soon as Skra got your command, she dove with reckless abandon toward her designated targets. Following behind, you dove straight ahead, having set your sights on one of their leaders.

[Skra: Scorching Talons]
Skra Attack Roll vs #2A: 6=[3]+3
#2A Defender Roll: 6=[5]+1
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [17] (17/17 -> 0/17)

Skra Attack Roll vs #2A: 15=[12]+3
#2B Defender Roll: 5=[4]+1
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [7] (17/17 -> 10/17)

Skra Attack Roll vs #2A: 9=[6]+3
#1 Defender Roll: 9=[8]+1
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [15] (17/17 -> 2/17)

With surprising deadliness, Skra tore like a fiery tornado across the Elemanoptera squads, picking apart those attuned to the Fire element. The first one got ripped in two by the force of her talons, which the other two were left wounded to critically wounded.

[Squacks: Weakpoint Strike]
Squacks Attack Roll: 9=[4]+5
#1A Defender Roll: 9=[7]+2
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [20] (28/28 -> 9/28)
Luck: [5]
Lucky! Your Diamond Claws remain intact, and will still benefit from the first strike bonus.

You traced a spiralling path toward one of the Elemanoptera Hunter Leaders, deftly flying between the confused insects until you had a clear path to your target. The threatening insect sensed your hostility and swiftly dodged out of the way, or so it thought. The slight disorentiation it was suffering from caused it to misjudge your position, allowing you to land a brutal strike with your Diamond Claws.

---Enemy turn---
Recovering from Squack! (5 vs INT):
ES1: [8] Recovered
ES2: [1]
ES3: [3]
3EHL #1A: [6] Recovered
EH #3A: [2]
EH #4A: [6] Recovered
3EHL #1B: [6] Recovered
EH #2B: [4]
EH #3B: [5] Recovered
EH #4B: [8] Recovered

[Scouts and Squad B attacks vs Skra]
#1 Attack Roll: 1=[3]-2 vs 6=[3]+3 [Failed Attack / Open to Counterattack]
#2 Attack Roll: 7=[6]+1 vs 11=[8]+3 [Failed Attack / Open to Counterattack]
#3 Attack Roll: 12=[11]+1 vs 5=[2]+3 [Successful Attack]
#1B Attack Roll: 7=[4]+3 vs 5=[2]+3 [Successful Attack]
#2B Attack Roll: 11=[11]+0 vs 4=[1]+3 [Successful Attack]
#3B Attack Roll: 10=[8]+2 vs 4=[1]+3 [Successful Attack]
#4B Attack Roll: 15=[13]+2 vs 10=[7]+3 [Successful Attack]

#3 Damage (2d4): [4]
#1B Damage (2d8): [8]
#2B Damage (2d4): [4]
#3B Damage (2d4): [4]
#4B Damage (2d4): [7]
Total Damage: [31] (28/28 -> -3/28) Fatal Damage!
HP miraculously back to 1/28

Auto: Squack casts Spell Resistance (-4MP)
[Squad A attacks vs Squacks]
#1A Attack Roll: 9=[8]+0 vs 12=[7]+5 [Failed Attack / Open to Counterattack]
#3A Attack Roll: 14=[13]+1 vs 18=[13]+5 [Failed Attack / Open to Counterattack]
#4A Attack Roll: 14=[12]+2 vs 17=[12]+5 [Failed Attack / Open to Counterattack]

The insect squad A regained its composure and coordinated to fire bolts of elemental energy at you. It played to your advantage, as your active magical resistance spell helped deflect the grazing blasts of energy that you failed to dodge. It was going well on your side, but not so much on Skra's side.

In the corner of your eye you saw squad B rush to the scouts help, taking Skra in a pincer attack. Overwhelmed by the barrage of elemental bolts, Skra was fatally struck. Miraculously she had managed to summon her last dredge of energies to fight against the loss of consciousness, but in her state the next barrage would be the last.

The undamaged leader relayed new orders.
"Flame intruder damaged. Finish the target, then focus on the fast intruder."

Current Location:
Savarde Jungles (North)
--> Elemanoptera Hive Outskirts

Nearby creatures:
Initial Scouting Party:
-Fire Elemanoptera Scout #1 [HP2/17 MP17/17 STR0 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Ice Elemanoptera Scout #2 [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR0 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Lightning Elemanoptera Scout #3 [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR0 CON1 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]

Hunting Squad A:
-Tri-Elemanoptera Hunter Leader #1A [HP9/28 MP18/18 STR0 CON1 POW3 RES1 INT-1 IND0]
-Fire Elemanoptera Hunter #2A [HP0/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Ice Elemanoptera Hunter #3A [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Lightning Elemanoptera Hunter #4A [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]

Hunting Squad B:
-Tri-Elemanoptera Hunter Leader #1B [HP28/28 MP18/18 STR0 CON1 POW3 RES1 INT-1 IND0]
-Fire Elemanoptera Hunter #2B [10/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Ice Elemanoptera Hunter #3B [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]
-Lightning Elemanoptera Hunter #4B [HP17/17 MP17/17 STR1 CON0 POW2 RES1 INT-1 IND-1]

Tri-Elemanoptera Hunter Leader: chosen individuals of the hive to lead mono-elemental members of the hive in various missions. They are able to use the elements of fire, ice, and lightning.
Elemanoptera Hunter: a mono-elemental member of the lesser caste, tailored for combat. Stronger and fiercer, but more fragile than scouting units. Overwhelm their targets with numbers and aggression.
Elemanoptera Scout: a mono-elemental member of the lesser caste, sturdier than the hunters to ensure better survivability in unknown environments.

Ally:
- Skra the Scorching Vulture (Stage 3)
[HP1/28 MP17/17 STR4 CON1 POW-1 RES1 INT-1 IND0]

Current Goals:
-Defeat the Elemanoptera
-Overturn the Awakening

Spoiler: Squacks Status (click to show/hide)

Eximius Res, the Rusty Ring (Hawk132)
Eximius fell silent, letting out a heavy sigh after a few moments.

"They've told us they're ready to risk their lives for our cause. But in the state they're in... we can't force them to continue," The ring groaned, clearly unwilling to simply disband the party, "... Ask them if they're still willing to continue like this...  whether they leave or endure, it has to be their decision. As for us - we can't stop here. If we'll have to do it alone, so be it."

Potential heroic party disintegration ho! (hopefully not, it'd have lasted a whole 5-ish turns if it ends now ._.')

Prias bore a conflicting expression. You could easily tell what was on his mind: he agreed with you that ultimately, it wouldn't be right to force them into a choice they didn't wish to follow. They had to decide out of their own volition, even if said decision would go against Prias principles. He only answered with a brief "I understand", like a student who had just received a tough to accept lecture from his teacher.

The adventurers were catching their breath when Prias approached them.
"How are you faring?"

Finishing his mouthful of water taken from a flask, Werbald answered first.
"Bit tough, but we can go on. Heh, worried we can't go on?"
"In fact yes. I can clearly see that each of you is in no state to continue pushing through like that. You... are very likely to die if you go on like this. The air of Nepkeros is a strain for those who aren't used to it, it was my mistake. I shouldn't have underestimated the curse."

Prias was prepared for some emotional outburst, shouting, maybe even fists. But none of that came. The few heavy seconds of silence were broken only by a chuckle coming from Shavrine, whose green eyes shone still despite her shortness of breath.
"Come on young man... you can't say that to a lady. Especially not an adventurer. It just makes them want to try harder, you know? It's okay, I understand as a leader. I appreciate the care, really do. You are a caring one, truly."

She stood up, clearly pushing herself.
"Risking our lives? In our line of work, that's just another day on the job."

The black haired mage wiped off his sweat with the purple sleeve of his mage outfit.
"Couldn't have put it better. We wouldn't have stayed long in this business if we were afraid of death."
"Yeah, at some point you start chasing after it... that high of escaping a life or death situation."
"Yeah no you are just a battle junkie, that's different."

Your host was taken aback, and wanted to reason with them. To tell them they didn't understand. Maybe sensing what he was about to say, Shavrine cut off his thought with a clap of her hands.
"Enough with the chit chat team. He might actually throw us in the blender if we keep going."

She gazed intently at Prias, meeting his eyes.
"Please let us continue following you. I promise we won't take needless risks, if we think the situation is unwinnable, we will bail. As of now, my intuition as a veteran adventurer tells me we can still go on. I promise we will be careful."

Prias sighed, defeated. He forced himself to smile.
"...Very well. I will trust your word. I'm sorry for belittling your resolves, and I hope I didn't insult any of you. That wasn't my intention."
"Well compared to what we usually get, you were nearly praising us right now, heh!"
"Heh. Tough world out there I presume?"

After resting a bit more, the group resumed course.

Further into the Deadland 3 (Luck): [2] -Failure-

What happened as you progressed further was beyond Prias expectations. Even for him, the air became stale and thin, as if the suspended elements resisted against the pull of his lungs. He was starting to get mildly tired, but the adventurers were in an even worst shape. Anyone would have been able to tell that they were pushing themselves to the extreme. Their faces were serious and somber, but resolve was still shining bright in their eyes.

Then at last the crumbled walls of a ruined fortified city were in sight: Satroya, whose great spires of dulled stone piercing the frozen clouds overshadowing all. The sky had long since stopped gracing the grayed land of its light. Instinctively, all of you could feel something malevolent emanating from the vast ruin.

Adventurers: Deadland Scouting
Hard 12: [18]
Outcome: [6] -Overshoot-

Caromash signed something to Malmey, who then pulled some arcane instruments. After testing a few things, he reported to Shavrine who whispered some findings to Prias. She spoke sparsely, saving her breath.
"Getting closer to source. Problem: two anomalies."

She pointed toward the spire that pierced the clouds. It might have been the ruling seat of the old royalty of Nepkeros.
"Unlife energy nexus."

She then pointed toward another location in the city, farther away from the palace.
"Magic energy drain."

Prias pondered the findings. Two anomalies, two curses? Or did both of them make up the curse? As he was musing over this, the Scout made a strange tongue sound to grab everyone's attention. He pointed somewhere and signed something. Prias recognized this one, it meant danger. Everyone got down on the ground, hiding behind part of a crumbled wall.

A hooded figure was approaching, followed by a retinue of shambling creatures of various origins.

Prias froze, and spoke to your mind.
[Undead Necromancer. I think it was attracted to what our mage did with the instruments.]

Under the floating hooded figure, three purplish lights moved lazily as if rocked by waves. It was approaching step by step, but at times it stopped to observe the surroundings. It didn't seem like it was certain of your presence. Behind it, you counted six undead creatures: 4 risen soldiers in rusted armor, and 2 undead ogres with scars all over.

Current Location:
Nepkeros Eastern Deadland
--> Deadland
--> Inner Deadland (you are here)

Nearby Creatures:
Monsters [Enemies]
- Undead Necromancer
- 4 Skeletal Soldiers
- 2 Undead Ogres

Adventurer Party [Allies]
- Werbald the Squire [Very Exhausted]
- Malmey the Mage [Very Exhausted]
- Caromash the Scout [Very Exhausted]
- Shavrine the Ranger [Very Exhausted]
Very Exhausted: an affliction equivalent to a Strong Disadvantage (-3 to rolls)

Current Goals:
- Reach Satroya, the capital of Nepkeros
- Uncover the cause of the curse of the land

Spoiler: Eximius Res Status (click to show/hide)

Ulkas, the Horned Demon (Sarrak)
Ulkas grinned, excitement overriding instinctual reaction at the close brush with malignant unknown.

”Nope, definitely not alright!”

“I could not even tell if that was my own ominous premonition, or the fog has adjusted information flow to feed me its own predictions. Hm… So, I will require some more experiments, for now without translocation, as it seems that anchoring to reality here is close to impossible, spellwork… just slides into something dangerous. A gaping maw? An isolation chamber? An echo of an illusion matrix?”

Ulkas shrugged, not dwelling too much on guesswork. As his previous experience has shown, when there was either a lot of information or irritating lack of it, something - or someone - was trying to mess with his mind and it would be unwise to send his mind onto a wild chase for possibilities.

”Liel, we understand your plight and will return to conversation later. For now, could you help me with analysis? I mostly require support with second-guessing, as I am not entirely sure if information I gather right now is devoid of interference. As we have rather different means of observing the world, mayhaps there would be some notable differences?”

Check the fog again, this time using Liel’s help to second guess my findings.

Liel is using her skill Magic Theory [Master]
Liel is using her skill Analyst [Master]

Ulkas: Fog Analysis (+Liel Support)
Easy [4]: [19]
Outcome: [5] -Overshoot-

Liel became silent for a moment, and you felt a powerful mental activity emanating from the small ring.
"To start, you have to look further than the usual physical and magical dimensions. Your reaction upon finding your physical anchor was unstable, and I can shed some light on this phenomenon. The apparently randomized, unclear coordinates are no willing interference, rather, a natural principle of this place. It is a dream... no, like a dream. Malleable and undefined until observed, but bound by elusive principles that try to escape attention. All of it exists... to protect the mind. To stall for time... to... heal?"

You asked for a few precisions, especially regarding the dimensional characteristics of the place.
"Ah yes... this place is. Hmm. Analyzing... Ah. It is anchored to a place in the physical world. But also to some coordinate in a dimension that isn't in the physical world, and it is causing a state of conflict."

You mused a bit on the description of Liel. It was no coincidence she described it as a dream, meaning the dreamer was the source? And like a dream, the dreamer could become aware? What would happen then?

Suddenly you had a dangerous realisation. Clearing the fog weakened the "dream", making it easier for the "dreamer" to become aware. Maybe even your current analysis were pushing the "dreamer" further toward awareness. Would that be good? Would that be bad?

Heal, Liel said... so a wound. Most likely physical in nature then. This reminded you a bit of the cryptic exchanges with Last, the human of Sateris-Zeos. He did mention wounds of sort, and of the Beyonders. Surely the deadland wasn't linked to all of this, hopefully it wasn't.

Analyze even further? (You are certain this might have immediate uncertain consequences)

Current Location:
Deadland of Easenval (East from Fordania)
Nearby creatures:
- ?
Current Goals:
-Escape the Deadland

Spoiler: Ulkas Status (click to show/hide)

The Horned Hound - (Prophet)
The Hound was not deterred, not with freedom so close! It will feint a retreat, using it's keen ears to listen for and keep track of the first Predator closing in on the sign of weakness, then take the opportunity to catch it by surprise with a rapid turn into a Piercing Charge of it's horns.

Feint (+Acute Senses):
Easy 8: [1] -Critical Failure-

Your strategy was sound. You followed the sounds left by the closest Predator, ready to feint a retreat before striking back. What a surprise it was when said Predator retreated, disappearing from your sensory range. And then another came from behind when you were distracted, giving you a better look on your enemies: Snow Wolves!

[Snow Wolf #1: Icy Bite]
Snow Wolf Attack Roll: 14=[10]+4
Defender Roll: 10=[10]
[Successful Attack]
Damage: [3] (10/10 -> 7/10)
Frost Effect: [4] -Success-
You are afflicted with Frost, inflicted a light disadvantage -1

The first one sunk its ice cold fangs in your flesh, while the other two emerged to close your escape route. They were ready to lunge at any moment.

Current Location: Unknown
Nearby Creatures:
- 3 Snow Wolves Hostile
[HP10/10 MP10/10 STR1 CON0 POW-1 RES-1 INT1 IND0]

Current Goal:

Spoiler: Horned Hound Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 10:11:41 pm by Nakéen »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: September 08, 2024, 08:25:20 pm »

Kori, the Elemental Spirit of Ice  - (TricMagic)
Kori's eye is drawn to the horned, who stand out from the snow and ice.
"The horned will learn why it is the cold we inhabit. Shall we of the snow them why?"
Basic Plan: Snowstorm a group of horned, followed by pebble and wind. The cold is to our advantage.

The nearby spirits who heard you nodded in approval. Niveris in particular commended your battle readiness.
"Yes Kori, let us show them to fear the frost."

Unlike the creatures of claws and fur who left a ravaged trail in their wake, the host of spirits descended from the hills like a gust of wind that left the snow pure and untouched. When they flanked the horned ones focused on the distraction of the beast, they turned many of them to snow and ice to shatter into pieces.

[Kori: Snowstorm, Pebble and Wind]
Kori casts Snowstorm (2MP)
Kori casts Ice Pebble (1MP)
Kori casts Arctic Wind (4MP)
13/20 MP remaining

IcePebble Attack Roll: 13=[5]+8
ArcticWind Attack Roll: 17=[11]+6
Defender Rolls: [1,1,3,10,6,9]-1
[Successful attacks]
IcePebble Damage: [5]
ArcticWind Damage: [11]
Frost: [1] -Failure-

Conjuring the might of the icy winds, you obscured the vision of a group of horned attackers with a Snowstorm, after which you harassed them with an Ice Pebble and a boosted Arctic Wind. The group of chaff perished from the cold in swift fashion.

+10 Lesser Essence obtained
Stage 3 threshold reached!

(...)

The battle was going excellently well in your favor: the unprepared horned invaders were harassed on three sides, and with your strong momentum some monsters of the Frozen Summits had already transformed mid battle.
With how weak these invaders were, how did they even manage to conquer other lands? Maybe they relied on their numbers more than strength and tactics?

On the side of the challengers, a battle of incredible violence was taking place. The old Lord wasn't feared for no reason, alone against three mighty monsters, it was holding its own. In a sense, he was only putting a good fight against them all because the three challengers fought uncoordinated, most likely saving their own energy for when the Old Lord would fall. If it fell, that is.

Around you, nothing poses an immediate threat. You could finish off a few monsters to harvest their essence, or look for another group to attack by surprise in the chaos of the battle. Nearby you can see Niveris and F'nelshee, the whereabouts of the rest of the spirits is unknown to you.

Current Location: Iron Ridge - The Frozen Summits -- Frost Tree Woods
Nearby Creatures:
Challengers and Old Lord (in the distance)
- The Old Lord
- Suro the Ice Sword Spirit
- The White Fang
- The White Golem

Allies (nearby)
- Niveris, Spirit of the Frozen River
- F'nelshee the Wraith

Enemies (all around)
- Medium Demons (Stage 3 to 4)
- Lower Demons (Stage 1 to 2)
- Monster Thralls (Stage 1 to 2)

Current Goals:
-Grow

Spoiler: Spirit of Ice Status (click to show/hide)

Iokx, the Red Cap (BlackPaladin99)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think the last turn I was active I leveled up and never sent my advancement, so here it is. 
(Took me a while to find but yes, here was your previous turn)

I adjusted some of your traits and skills, feel free to send feedback. Mainly I turned Arcane Armor into a trait, and Adept Magic into a skill. Adept Magic was further clarified into some reinforcement type of magic to stay in line with your intent to use Power for physical stuff.

(...)

Although your outward appearance didn't change, you felt a new power grow within you. Your magical potency had grown, and your control over blood had become sharper. But that was no time to rejoice, the now Demon Woods had become extremely dangerous to dwell in. You had managed to kill your pursuers, lowly demons of a lower class that had failed to evolve.

But you had heard rumors of might demons capable of laying waste to entire armies, and crossing the path of one would surely spell your doom.

What was your plan now? Stay, or leave for greener pastures?

Nearby Beings:
- 3 Lesser Demons [Dead]

Spoiler: Iokx's Status (click to show/hide)

Azarian, the Imbued Thoughtling (Dustan Hache)
"all that pain.. but at least some gain.. wards of magic.. lured fate, tragic.." Azarian mumbled as he stirred, focusing tiredly on Tok. "thank you, friend. That could have been my end. Can we go around? have we been found..?"
Try to figure out a way around the necromancers. it was obvious enough they wouldn't be able to take the things in a straight fight, and as thankful as he was for Tok's bravery, he needed to ensure they didn't end up even worse off than he was. After all, they were his friend!
Corrected a typo about a location name. It's Emsiphion, not Empsiphion

"We haven't been found yet, but they are now actively looking for us. They are criminals, necromancy is forbidden in Emsiphion. They know that if we escape, the Cobalt Corps will come for them."

The swordsman approached, having stayed on the side until then.
"I have a proposition. Let us two attract their attention while you escape with Patreio and Paimni."
"What? Are you mad? You would be leaving Paimni's fate in the hands of a monster?"

Although he had only whispered, the voice of this small ogre of a man was strong enough to make you shake a bit. Also you wanted to correct them, as you didn't have hands.
"Wait that's sound. These two know these woods, and can lead them to safety. On our own we would only get lost again... and we know that time is of the essence."
"And. Yev and I are still able bodied. We have the best odds of survival. And we need you to carry and protect Paimni."

The small human they were talking about was asleep, her expression pained.
"Let's do that then. Unless you have an idea, Azarian?"

Careful Scouting
Moderate 10: [13]
Outcome: [3] -Success-

You probed the surroundings with a mental projection. There was a path that would allow you to avoid detection, but any mistake would attract their attention. But if you were lucky and silent enough, there was a way for you all to leave together.

Current Location: Lineine Woods
Nearby Creatures:
- None
Allies:
- Toc the Teal Goblin and Friend [Wounded]
[HP4/10 MP10/10 STR0 CON-1 POW0 RES1 INT1 IND-1]
- Human Party Wary
> Shiny and long weapon holding human, named Breios
[15/15 12/12 STR1 CON0 POW1 RES1 INT1 IND2]
> Human with long hair holding some strange object, named Yevlaine
> Big human like a small ogre, holding nothing. Named Patreio.
> "Sleeping" on the back of the big one human, named Paimni Badly Wounded

Current Goals:
-Survive
-Learn more about the humans

Spoiler: Azarian's Status (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: September 08, 2024, 08:30:02 pm »

Om nom nom nom nom! Heal by turning the bird into more Purrbul!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: September 08, 2024, 08:39:06 pm »

”Their might be a way, but we cannot stray. One mistake, and all is at stake. Stick together, might be for the better.” Azarian responded. A distraction might be good, but at the same time too many of them were injured to travel swiftly if they were detected.
Stay together, and lead the others as best as possible. we need every hand possible now with how many were injured. splitting up is a last resort.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: September 08, 2024, 09:28:06 pm »

There was no where to run, it was cornered. The Horned Wolf felt it's pulse rise as emotion took over... an great instinct rage overtook it in the face of overwhelming danger. It howls as it thrashed and bucked the wolf, intent on piercing and crushing it's foe against it's horns.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Wolfkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: September 08, 2024, 11:18:27 pm »

The slugipede decides to run to the mangroves!

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: September 09, 2024, 10:08:01 pm »

[Not good. There's too many of them to fight with our group in this state. I'll try to lead them away, be ready to move - and carefully.]

Acting quick, Eximius formed a Doppelganger of Prias away from the party - believably close that it could be the origin of what drew the undead towards them, but making sure to keep a relatively safe distance from them - before controlling it to move away from Prias and the others, drawing the attention and eyes of the undead away.

(Also, you forgot to update Eximius' mana after the mana drain - he's at 29/29 now.)
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: September 09, 2024, 10:12:15 pm »

(Also, you forgot to update Eximius' mana after the mana drain - he's at 29/29 now.)
(Oops! Correction made, thanks.)
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102