Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38411 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Ludicrous Gibs
« Reply #270 on: November 07, 2017, 07:29:26 pm »

((Shouldn't Pushing have made me better at dealing with that?))
Yes, but Ferrus went before you on initiative, so the roll marked "surprise half-dozen missiles to the face" was to see if you could activate Push and dodge before you got hit.
((Okay, but did I still push after that? If so, wouldn't being hit by 6 missiles to the face have cancelled that?))
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: November 07, 2017, 07:49:33 pm »

You failed to push after taking six missiles to the face due to having just taken six missiles to the face and losing everything below the chest.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: November 07, 2017, 08:04:57 pm »

keep low, keep tending to my patient and making sure they are alive. Try to wake them up GENTLY.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: November 07, 2017, 08:27:49 pm »

You failed to push after taking six missiles to the face due to having just taken six missiles to the face and losing everything below the chest.
((So my mana being full is a bug?))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: November 07, 2017, 08:37:09 pm »

Your mana was refilled by resting. When you start the turn with 0/3, you'll end it with 3/3 one way or the other.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: November 07, 2017, 09:08:08 pm »

((Alright then.))

Thomas:

"Owwww..."

So I only have one arm left? Okay. Push. Throw a smoke bomb at the enemy minigun mech, charge(by rolling). Once I reach the enemy mech, climb up one-handed and mouthed(I'll use a daggermacewhip held in my mouth as a grappling hook if it helps), reach the cockpit, headbutt my way inside, kill the pilot.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:17 pm »

Placeholder Text!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: November 08, 2017, 05:27:29 am »

Wait with utter peace and serenity until control is restored.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 08, 2017, 08:29:05 am »

Wander around the barracks or where ever they shove us in this ship. Look for a scareen to watch the chaos belowm
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 08, 2017, 02:26:28 pm »

Head over to the nearest toad vendor. Best turn my dagger invisible before leaving; wouldn't be the first time covert stabbing implements have come in handy when out shopping.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Pulsating Power
« Reply #280 on: November 14, 2017, 01:34:16 am »

"Excellent shot, Ferrus. Lana, what is your situation? This is X4, coming to assist."

Stomp off and look for our missing soldier, homing in on her suit signal. If I can, use my Engineer skill to repair the miniguns.
Ferrus smiles within his mech. Well that worked. X4 next time be sure not to let the guy holding a sword run over and take you out after you end shooting your infantry cover. You're in a titan, not a goddamn farm walker.

Ferrus will launch another missile at the weapon master. Practically a mercy like that, Ferrus has seen far too many wounds like this, you don't get back up from it. After launching the missile Ferrus will look up Lana's location and start moving towards it. Eyes peeled for any magic that might be happening.

Noticing the new arrival Ferrus hails them.

Ah, reinforcements excellent. It's a fucking mess down here, My scanners are showing all but one of our infantry is dead. We lost our hardsuit to fucking magic. And to cap it all off Our Titans are likely compromised, shot up our infantry support and one of them broke my fucking drones. There is an edge in his voice here.
"Owwww..."

So I only have one arm left? Okay. Push. Throw a smoke bomb at the enemy minigun mech, charge(by rolling). Once I reach the enemy mech, climb up one-handed and mouthed(I'll use a daggermacewhip held in my mouth as a grappling hook if it helps), reach the cockpit, headbutt my way inside, kill the pilot.

Ferrus, in a clever attempt to circumvent his Merciful flaw, thinks of the murder he is about to attempt as a "mercy-killing". Unfortunately for him, a mercy killing tends to imply that the person you're killing does not currently pose a threat, which is not actually the case here. As such, he takes too long and Thomas goes and does a Push!
[Push: 6]
The Arcane essence in Thomas's bloodstream begins to flow in convoluted patterns, and a glowing blue light pulses into the shape of the body that he's lost. Mana alone cannot fix a broken body, but it can... compensate. He leaps into motion, not bothering to actually move but rather blinking repeatedly, skipping like a stone across the surface of reality, for the purpose of murdering someone.

[Doing the attack part - X4 appears to not think he's still in a fight: 4 4]
Thomas appears just in front of X4's cockpit, and stands there, perched on air. Three metal octopus arms sweep across the front hull, taking the whole thing off as easily as pressing the open button. (Hey, at least you can see what's outside now!...)

[There is a contingency...: 1]
...Okay, nevermind that for now.

[Doing the attack part on the flesh human: 3]
Again the chains rip out and strike, but this time are hindered by, perhaps, the small measure of compassion for fellow humans in even the most stony-hearted of soldiers. Or maybe he misses due to having just lost an extraordinary amount of blood. Either way, the daggers whip out with nearly-not superhuman strength, and X4 is saved by his armor, though he's cut and winded.
Just afterwards, Thomas finally loses focus on his Push, and he falls to the ground, his mana-matter appendages shriveling up and retreating back into his blood, which he's still losing by the way.

[Death's door - Unrelenting: 6]
Thomas's will is strong, and he doesn't give into death just yet. This gives him a perfect opportunity to feel it slipping away, bit by bit, inevitably. Enormity threatens to engulf his mind. Thoughts of revenge, and life, and love, and plans for the future that will never be fulfilled. Of... missed opportunities. Things that he could have done- would have done, if he knew he'd die like this.

Meanwhile, Ferrus fires a rocket at where Thomas was and then opens his eyes. Guess you killed- oh. X4 has taken some heavy damage, and you don't think the squirrels did it. Thomas now lies on the ground under X4's titan, obviously still awake.

Sorry boyos, no running off just yet. If you say to both fight and do something else, I'm gonna prioritize fighting.
Also field-repairing those guns will involve climbing out. Shit don't repair itself.

"Weren't you fools here for a reason?  There's a whole town just full of Arcane, yeah?  But no, not gonna go harvest that, too busy fucking about like idiots.  Yet again, I'm struck by Zrand's ability to pick 'em, at least the bastard's dead now..."

Grab a couple of the mook corpses, and loot their grenades.  Then take to the air and head towards the village, looking for the mission objective.  NO MORE LANDING; the ground is a terrible terrible place where titan weapons will kill Narcissus through splash damage.

You grab some grenades and hold them in your hands. Gee, sure would be great if these could come with a hardsuit or something. Then they would be attached to your suit, and you'd have as many of them as you wanted! And they'd be Arcane-powered grenades, which are obviously way more awesome than these lowly marine models.
You blast off into the air and look down at the village. Pretty empty... Hey look, dudes! Dudes with homemade LMGs?

[Dudes do the shoot: 5]
Wow. These primitive obviously don't know how to shoot straight, but godsdamn are they lucky. A few bullets scrape past your armor, one of them knocking a thruster out of alignment. The computer buzzes annoyingly at you as you casually spiral down to the ground for a graceful landing. The dudes shout in their alien language at each other and you quickly grab some cover behind a convenient chest-high stone wall.

[Autotranslator: 3 1:]
"I... berrycakes! Have a banana! It's- I enjoy feline! Cross Pollinate!"
So helpful.

Drop that teargas nade in behind me in the direction where I think my kidnapper was, then start getting the hell away. Try to go for a slight careful jog, sticking out my arms to prevent smacking into a tree. If there's a lot of trees and bushes around though then just crawl away.

Once outside of the teargas cloud, pop the smoke nade behind me and keep moving. Also if my suit has any sort of beacon to signal my location then activate it.

And try to regain hearing I mean seriously.

Over general radio: "Anybody still there? On of those tribal fucks just tried to..." Lana realized that even if the mechs were still around, most of them cared less about her than they would about a grease stain on their shirt, so she directed her pleads to the one that seemed to be somewhat sane.

"Ferrus, are y-, are you still there? Please get someone to bail me out of here, I'm not sure how long that flashbang will hold them off. One of them just tried to kidnap me or something! Just home in on my suit signal."

You pull the pin and drop a teargas behind you. Who knows how well that goes.
You then proceed to run in a direction. While blind and in a forest, of course.

[Navigation: 6]
You get out of the teargas cloud quickly, and drop you smoke as well. You practically sprint through the smoke cloud, deftly avoiding trees you just barely know are there. And suddenly you're surrounded by teargas again! This is harder than you thought.
You hack and spudder and throw yourself backwards, out of the teargas and onto the ground beneath a blanket of smoke.

[Regain hearing: 3]
You think the ringing might be going away? You can almost hear people over the radio, but have no clue what they're saying.

Placeholder Text!

Something is happening here, probably.

keep low, keep tending to my patient and making sure they are alive. Try to wake them up GENTLY.

[Medicy stuff - relatively calm environment, not rushing: 1 3]
You do your best, but you still don't have any experience healing while blind. You told the professor back at the academy to spend a week on blindfolded surgery, but he didn't listen! Now look where you are.
The Chief seems to be coming-to.
"Owwwww... Dammit, what was that? I've never seen a weapon so powerful."

Wait with utter peace and serenity until control is restored.

The people on the other end of the radio who weren't listening to you seem to be talking about getting you a lawyer.

Wander around the barracks or whereever they shove us in this ship. Look for a screen to watch the chaos below.

You wander out of your room. The Pilots' barracks are, predictably, way nicer than barracks have any right to be. Hell, there's a minibar. Guess it helps natives decide to sign up if they can get something this nice. Theoretically. Usually the result of failing pilot school is some mandatory service in the marines. Punishment for wasting the instructors' time, they say.
You ask someone if there's any video of the mission going on. Apparently not. Operational security.

Head over to the nearest toad vendor. Best turn my dagger invisible before leaving; wouldn't be the first time covert stabbing implements have come in handy when out shopping.

Gonna cast for a shopping trip, huh? Try not to kill yourself before your first mission. ;P
Fortunately Lightshifting is pretty safe. There's no need to roll if you're just making yourself invisible, but making specific objects invisible is a roll.
[Lightshift: 2]
You succeed in bending light around your dagger in a really obviously Lightshifty way. Annoyed, you drop the spell, wait a moment for your mana to reset, and try again.
[...Lightshift!: 2]
Okay, you try again.

[Lightshift!: 1]
Ahh! This time the dagger explodes into light, startling you and absolutely not at all blinding you. Screw it, moving on.

You arrive at the Miscellaneous Animal Shop, and tell the man behind the counter that you want an order of frogs for the school. He nods and heads to the back.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Pulsating Power
« Reply #281 on: November 14, 2017, 01:41:05 am »

Delayed, but hopefully coherent? This should be nearing its conclusion. We still have two fights, but Thomas will die very soon and some mooks aren't much threat to Narcissus.
Besides that, we need to conclude Lana's situation in some way. Not looking good for her, to be honest. If you'd rather be going and helping her than defending yourself from the half-weaponmaster, please do specify so, because you can't both retreat and fight.
Donnel and the Chief's situation seems fairly stable, though their actions could alway quickly change that.
And of course, we need to decide what happens with all those villagers camped on the road east.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 14, 2017, 01:47:59 am »

Placeholder Text!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 14, 2017, 02:12:16 am »

"Admirable. Rest well, soldier."

Step on Thomas.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2017, 02:23:15 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 14, 2017, 03:45:49 am »

Charge forward, possibly using the thrusters for intermittent little hops if they're not too far gone, while firing the LMG on full-auto!  Once close enough, start hacking with the scythe part as well, stylishly using the recoil from the gun part to propel the slashes, presumably while recklessly spraying bullets into any bystanders.  They're all just mana sacks, anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22