Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38456 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: the blind fumbling update
« Reply #210 on: November 04, 2017, 10:31:04 am »

Back up, shoot at Thomas with miniguns.

"Fire support requested, engaged at sub-optimal range."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 04, 2017, 10:37:34 am »

"WELL GEE IF ONLY SOMEONE HADN'T SHOT HALF HIS ALLIES. Wouldn't that have been bloody convenient right about now."

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 04, 2017, 10:39:05 am »

"WELL GEE IF ONLY SOMEONE HADN'T SHOT HALF HIS ALLIES. Wouldn't that have been bloody convenient right about now."

"Performance review noted and filed."
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 04, 2017, 01:04:05 pm »

Prepare an appropriate song to blast over external speakers, heavy metal is the best way to put the fear of god into these savages!

Also hook up this song too, playing overlaid on top of Iron Maiden.  Anyone who isn't scared by that will most certainly be reduced to a trembling wreck by this.

((You have excellent taste))
Blasted new munitions. Damn things always foul up. And dear space Jesus what the hell was all that you bastards? Aim at the enemy not your friends.
Since Ferrus can see the dagger guy have nightingale fire on the guy attacking the titan. Also see if I can reactivate nightnsgles cameras.if I can't then  directing her manually like a deadly model RC plane if need be. At the same time look around see if there's any friendly infatry men left who need mech cover..
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 04, 2017, 01:34:26 pm »

Name: Jake "War Crime squad" Valen

I can only assume you meant "Vahlen" here. Because Vahlen does all the best war crimes.

Attributes: Acrobatic, resistant, unrelenting, over confident, blood lusty

You can only have up to three Attributes. Don't worry, one negative one is more than enough to fuck you up.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 04, 2017, 01:45:21 pm »

Name: Jake "War Crime squad" Valen

I can only assume you meant "Vahlen" here. Because Vahlen does all the best war crimes.

Attributes: Acrobatic, resistant, unrelenting, over confident, blood lusty

You can only have up to three Attributes. Don't worry, one negative one is more than enough to fuck you up.
(I did,and thanks)
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 04, 2017, 01:57:18 pm »

Thomas:

Advance, undaunted, target his miniguns again.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 04, 2017, 02:17:16 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist request (click to show/hide)
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Friendly Fire in 1001 Languages
« Reply #219 on: November 04, 2017, 03:33:05 pm »

Only alive things can do haunting, because dead things don't do much but rot.
Quote from: Google's Definition for Rot
(chiefly of animal or vegetable matter) decay or cause to decay by the action of bacteria and fungi; decompose.
Use selective rotting to turn a nearby log into a statue of myself, so that my sacrifice may be remembered.
You missed my action.

Prepare an appropriate song to blast over external speakers, heavy metal is the best way to put the fear of god into these savages!

Also hook up this song too, playing overlaid on top of Iron Maiden.  Anyone who isn't scared by that will most certainly be reduced to a trembling wreck by this.

Pfft. What kind of lame battle music is that?

This is REAL battle music.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Friendly Fire in 1001 Languages
« Reply #220 on: November 04, 2017, 03:39:40 pm »

Only alive things can do haunting, because dead things don't do much but rot.
Quote from: Google's Definition for Rot
(chiefly of animal or vegetable matter) decay or cause to decay by the action of bacteria and fungi; decompose.
Use selective rotting to turn a nearby log into a statue of myself, so that my sacrifice may be remembered.
You missed my action.
You had an action? Oh, I'm afraid you're mistaken, as dead men can't take actions.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: The Invisible Hand
« Reply #221 on: November 04, 2017, 04:16:29 pm »

Blasted new munitions. Damn things always foul up. And dear space Jesus what the hell was all that you bastards? Aim at the enemy not your friends.
Since Ferrus can see the dagger guy have nightingale fire on the guy attacking the titan. Also see if I can reactivate nightnsgles cameras.if I can't then  directing her manually like a deadly model RC plane if need be. At the same time look around see if there's any friendly infatry men left who need mech cover..

[Nightnsgles (sic) SMG - Aiming from third person: 2 1]
You think you've got Nightingale lined up with the bat guy, so you tell her to fire. At which point she shudders with visible electric arcs and shuts down. Must have been more damaged by that plasma stream than you thought. EMP, probably.
One of your screens helpfully points you to the sole surviving marine, so you stand over her like a protective mother bird. Hopefully you provide cover, rather than eat and antitank weapon and explode all over her.
[Perception: 1]
Forget I said anything~

Use some medicine and a blindfold to give my eyes a chance to heal. I'm competent at healing people, even if it's by touch for a while. Do hurry though, she's probably got burns with how bright that was. Ointments will help there.

[Medic!: 1]
You can't think of anything to do about your eyes. Nope.
[Medic?: 3]
Bit hard to tell like this, but you deal with her burns as well as you can.

With backup on the way, lie still and try to recover from my blindness best I can. Request command to patch me through to the person/people coming in so I can inform them of the weird shit that's going on.

Command give you the number of a Hardsuit guy who's apparently on the way over. Assume that link works now.
[Blindness Recovery: 1 1] (I cheated and gave you a second roll because I felt sorry for you, and because you hadn't crit failed the FIRST time. But welp.)
Your vision does not return. You feel someone pick you up. They seem to be running with you over their shoulder?

<Details of my retreat technique PMd to reduce risk of opposition.>

You do a thing.

Advance, undaunted, target his miniguns again.

X4 backs his titan up, practically jogging backwards and knocking over a few trees that were in the way, but it's no good; the weaponmaster is faster than the titan, and even if he weren't he would be able to grab hold of the armor and go along for the ride.
[X4's Swipe: 4 1]
[Thomas's Attack: 2]
Thomas keeps harassing the mech, but it's sweeping movements are just enough to keep him from attacking its weapons. Until The titan finds an awkward angle and gets stuck, falling over.
[Thomas's Attack - Immobile target: 1 5]
The macedaggerwhip flies into the right minigun, tangling into its barrels and preventing them from moving. A moment later a second macedaggerwhip appears and does the same for the left minigun. Thomas smashes the Arcane feed to the weapons for good measure. However, Thomas suddenly realizes how tired he is, and is unable to call on his magic for a while.

These are accepted. What are those marionettes made of, however? The material is important for sameshifting, it can't just be something superficially similarly shaped. You might be able to control a human-sized wooden marionette with a smaller one, but it's implausible you'd be able to puppet a human.

You turn up the music. It is terrifying.
Hold on, you've got someone on the radio. A marine? That's odd.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: The Invisible Hand
« Reply #222 on: November 04, 2017, 04:53:36 pm »

Continue Operation: GTFO
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: November 04, 2017, 05:46:26 pm »

alright, let's try and focus my remaining mana energy towards healing my eyes, or at least partially regaining vision. Rest them and blindfold them like I said I would after I do all I can to heal them.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: November 04, 2017, 06:18:03 pm »

Command give you the number of a Hardsuit guy who's apparently on the way over. Assume that link works now.
[Blindness Recovery: 1 1] (I cheated and gave you a second roll because I felt sorry for you, and because you hadn't crit failed the FIRST time. But welp.)
Your vision does not return. You feel someone pick you up. They seem to be running with you over their shoulder?

Can I feel who is transporting me? Can I make contact with this person/suit, or perhaps at least feel if it's a mech or a person carrying me? If I can't make contact or it feels like a person and not a mech carrying me, point blank flashbang time! Like literally explode it next to/in front of their face or something, if possible.

"Ferrus? Is... is that you? Please don't tell me it's one of the Titan fucks."

(over radio to the hardsuit guy command connected me to): "My name is Lana Silvers, first Expeditionary Marine corps, mech support. Are you our backup?  If yes, the locals have weird magic powers, be advised. One or two of our pilots may be compromised, they mowed down my entire squad."
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 08:04:28 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 22