Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38479 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge
« Reply #165 on: October 26, 2017, 03:28:12 pm »

(Too bad, I liked Malcolm.)

"Attention, natives. There is no need for hostilities."
Pokes GM to request a translation.

((MidnightJag, just verifying, your Merciful engineer is intending to fire the first shot?))
« Last Edit: October 26, 2017, 03:35:51 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge Minisode
« Reply #166 on: October 26, 2017, 04:19:22 pm »

(Too bad, I liked Malcolm.)

"Attention, natives. There is no need for hostilities."
Pokes GM to request a translation.

...Sure, why not. I have to update this eventually.
[Translator: 3 2]
A short buzzing sound followed by a loud mechanical voice that yells "NEEDS MORE LANGUAGE DATA MORONS", or "BIBYAT CUOR RANGURANG FRUN STINIKI" for you people who don't speak star language.

((MidnightJag, just verifying, your Merciful engineer is intending to fire the first shot?))

I suppose this will factor into the final result.

Actual turn very somewhat slightly imminent maybe unless I prove to be a total failure.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge Minisode
« Reply #167 on: October 26, 2017, 07:00:51 pm »

Be possessed by my spirit animal.

Spirit animal action: Use Sameshifting to link the village-bound missile's velocity with that of a nearby (but not TOO nearby) tree, which should hopefully stop it or cause it to fall short of the village. Then try to wake up Malabus.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Knife's Edge Minisode
« Reply #168 on: October 26, 2017, 07:20:48 pm »

So literal blood powers stuff, why do we not just set up a blood bank so that we can farm the critters with magical blood ??? Or better yet culture some blood cells, and artificially produce this magic blood, are our guys really too primitive to do that or something ???

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: the cloaked and the daggered
« Reply #169 on: October 30, 2017, 04:42:41 pm »

Let's see, it's been... 11 days? And 4 since I said I'd do it soon? Uh, it- it could be worse. Hopefully I don't scare everyone off by being too slow.

Be possessed by my spirit animal.

Spirit animal action: Use Sameshifting to link the village-bound missile's velocity with that of a nearby (but not TOO nearby) tree, which should hopefully stop it or cause it to fall short of the village. Then try to wake up Malabus.

No. You died. That means your spirit animal is exactly as dead.
Also you can't sameshift two things that are very different, like a tree and a missile, but that's pretty secondary to dead people not getting actions.

((Well, that's a pity.  I wanted to play mech casanova!  Guess I'll just go with my most effective test character instead...))

Waitlist, I guess?  Unless command wants to drop him as reinforcement.  He'd certainly be happy to take over!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I think you'll have to wait, unless I have a really good reason to send reinforcements. The other side doesn't really get reinforcements in this position, so I don't want to make it impossible for them to win by sending in a potentially infinite number of syvs.

Continue observing, do make note of the positions of the various soldiers in case fighting breaks out. They will be my priority since my weapon is far more effective against targets without heavy armor.

[Spotting: 2 1 5]
...got 'em. One officer, two sharpshooters, one medic, six grunts. Two heavy machines, one drone thingy, and yes, one smaller machine lurking farther behind. You mentally note each position. Could probably take down any of the soldiers or the drone in the first shot. If you stay cloaked, they won't really be able to take cover from you, so... probably a few more easy kills.

Am I close enough that I could lob a smoke nade to create cover in case things go tits up? If not, try to postion myself a little closer, but try to stay in cover/concealment as much as possible.

((Just out of curiosity, would one of the riflemen be able to get inside that now vacant mech suit and use it, or does using it require special training/mods that we don't have?))

Let's just say you are so I don't have to think too hard about location, k?
Malcolm's suit has locked itself and powered down, as per standard procedure. If you try to climb into it it'll self-destruct and try its very hardest to destruct you as well. Assuming you get past that, you'd be able to fully use the suit as someone who has no clue what he's doing, and probably will rocket-faceplant into the dirt. Other than that, nah, no problems~

"uh,  I think he is braindead, both literally and metaphorically. Why do half of our shifters try things like this... "
check for any sort of response that would indicate they are still mentally active.  Eye movement, is the best bet. If he isn't responsive,  best thing to do is put him out of his misery with a quick blow to the temple with my staff.

Hmm. Nope. Not responding in any way.
You kill him with a single motion of your staff. Minimum of force, instant death. Yes, as a weaponmaster you can just kill someone who's not resisting basically instantly.

After checking him you rush back to the forest because Alexandrus appears to no longer exist and I don't want to make Thomas fight the entire enemy force on his own.

Wait. There's nothing to be done, yet.

Oh, there's gonna be something to do very soon.

Rawr loudly. If they will not negotiate lovingly then let them fear!

"Roarrrrr!!!!"

You do nothing.

Florence's submachine guns starts to spray down the enemies closest to her, as Ferrus launches Nightingale(drone two) telling it to start scouting to see if she can  locate where everyone in the village went. He'll also launch his missile launcher straight up and arc it down towards anyone he can hit in the village Assuming of course the blast wouldn't take anyone on his side out.

Damnit kid, you had potential, it's always the ones with potential. Looks like diplomacy's over the way it's always over.

[Shooting - Merciful: 4 4]
You stare your enemy in the eyes. You line up a shot right on her head. Then your hands get all shaky for some reason and you have to settle for landing the first shot on her torso.

A moment of thunder later, there are numerous lead bullets littering the ground by the chief, along with dagger, sticking point-first in the soil. She only let the very first bullet through, and is still standing despite her gaping chest wound.
[Dagger dance: 4]
The chief takes initiative and sticks three knives into Florence, which falls to the ground, now inert.

Mechs detect a battle situation and go from low-power mode to combat mode.
Additional displays come to life showing weapon systems, Infra-Red, the location of allies, and other data-y stuff. From outside, these machines audibly rev up as they start metabolizing the Arcane stored in the reservoir.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: the cloaked and the daggered
« Reply #170 on: October 30, 2017, 04:50:09 pm »

"fuck."
eliminate the targets of opportunity, but before my mana runs out and my buffs fade and I become visible again I want to take full cover so I can stay hidden during my vulnerable period.

Target deck:
1) Officer
2) Sharpshooters
3) drones
4) Grunts
5) Medic
6) Armored Targets (do not engage these unless I can see a vulnerability)

edit: to explain, while I'm not hidden I'm going to be staying as low and still and hidden as possible up in my hiding spot. I want to make finding me as hard as possible.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2017, 08:48:50 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 30, 2017, 05:07:44 pm »

Tell Florence to return and then launch a missle at the weapon master, Have Nightengale strafe the weapon master as well.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 30, 2017, 06:23:19 pm »

"Son of a-"
shields up! summon the biggest buckler I can in-between our group and those Mechs, then get the chief to safety and start treating her wound.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 30, 2017, 06:25:14 pm »

Whoops, I thought I had posted an action already.

Spin up the miniguns and open fire on the natives.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 30, 2017, 06:43:38 pm »

Thomas:

"This is defense."

Attack, say, whoever's firing the most bullets.

A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 30, 2017, 07:49:26 pm »

Dustan, I'm very upset that you mercy-killed my character. Sure, the GM had officially declared him dead beforehand, but I've gotten out of worse situations than that.

Also, MidnightJaguar, why did you start combat for basically no (IC) reason? You do know that you've basically doomed one of our peoples to destruction because of that, right?

Waitlist me, I guess.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 30, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »

Well...
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 30, 2017, 08:46:35 pm »

Dustan, I'm very upset that you mercy-killed my character. Sure, the GM had officially declared him dead beforehand, but I've gotten out of worse situations than that.

You weren't getting out of that one, I'll tell you that. Death is death is death.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2017, 04:41:54 am »

Over the radio to all of my teammates: "Flash out! Then smoke to cover us!"

Throw flashbang as close to the largest concentration of enemies as I can. Be sure to avert eyes when necessary. Then throw a smoke nade to try and conceal our side from as many enemy combatants as possible. The mechs have additional vision modes so they shouldn't be impaired. Riiiiight?

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22