Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38481 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Cont. Cont.
« Reply #135 on: October 13, 2017, 12:42:57 pm »

Uh... Can I get a pm that tells me what just happened from my PoV? Can I do anything other than spasm?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: October 13, 2017, 12:46:53 pm »

Uh... Can I get a pm that tells me what just happened from my PoV? Can I do anything other than spasm?

This is what is now happening from your point of view:
If not told not to, kneelse turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciose a PU҉S͠H͜͟͏ on thisusness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. U if nost m and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. hifting on our brains, causing th Basically, I'm using Samesoughts and memories in one brain to be accessiblDo it anywaecessary. If the mind meld is successful, the frontmy. Spend a puech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freh on it, because this seak out.

You may attempt any action you like.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: October 13, 2017, 12:49:53 pm »

This is what is now happening from your point of view:
If not told not to, kneelse turn the person who I am melding with and I into a gestalt consciose a PU҉S͠H͜͟͏ on thisusness that is in perfect harmony with itself for as long as the spell persists. U if nost m and commence a mind meld with the frontmost mech-guy. hifting on our brains, causing th Basically, I'm using Samesoughts and memories in one brain to be accessiblDo it anywaecessary. If the mind meld is successful, the frontmy. Spend a puech-guy/me entity should probably tell its friends about what just happened, so that they don't freh on it, because this seak out.

You may attempt any action you like.

Screw it.

Try again (push attempt and all).

Maybe the problem came from aborting the process halfway through, and completing it will fix everything/something?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: October 13, 2017, 01:43:03 pm »

Thomas:

Thomas may not have seen what Malabus tried to pull, but he certainly hears the commotion.

Summon a daggermacewhip.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2017, 03:49:58 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: October 13, 2017, 07:31:20 pm »

((ATHATH, you know... you could actually try to fix the problem.  Even so much as stating that you want to undo the damage would likely work out better than just piling more of the same on top... but, eh, what do I know, I'm no mage.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: October 13, 2017, 08:14:50 pm »

((ATHATH, you know... you could actually try to fix the problem.  Even so much as stating that you want to undo the damage would likely work out better than just piling more of the same on top... but, eh, what do I know, I'm no mage.))
That's why I did both.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: October 13, 2017, 08:16:50 pm »

Loading screen tip: trying to do more things at once is not alway beneficial!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: October 14, 2017, 12:29:11 am »

We all know already from past experience that ATHATH is a chaos elemental: He's destroyed hell with a doom mug, has attempted to become omnipotent for the sake of it, and now he's trying to become a C-consciousness so as to take over the planet and become a force to rival Cthulhu.

ATHATH, Why and how are you like this?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: October 14, 2017, 01:48:57 am »

Do not expect random chaos to have results other than randomizing your consciousness across 3 yards in this game. Messing with forces beyond your control WILL get you killed.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 14, 2017, 06:27:18 pm »

Do not expect random chaos to have results other than randomizing your consciousness across 3 yards in this game. Messing with forces beyond your control WILL get you killed.
This isn't random chaos, though- it's ordered chaos. I set out with an (nigh-arbitrary) goal, came up with a plan to achieve that goal, and am currently executing said plan (with a few revisions, of course).

Quick question: Will randomizing my consciousness across 3 yards kill me, give me control over the objects within 3 yards of me, give magical powers to the objects within 3 yards of me, all of the above, or none of the above?

We all know already from past experience that ATHATH is a chaos elemental: He's destroyed hell with a doom mug, has attempted to become omnipotent for the sake of it, and now he's trying to become a C-consciousness so as to take over the planet and become a force to rival Cthulhu.
I'll admit that I'm guilty as charged for the chaos elemental and the DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM MUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUG things. The "omnipotent for the sake of it" thing depends on which time I tried to become omnipotent you're talking about; not all of them were "for the sake of it". That last bit, though, is just plain wrong- I am legitimately trying to help resolve this conflict peacefully here, in my own roundabout way.

ATHATH, Why and how are you like this?
I believe that the reasons behind why I do what I do can best be summed up by the following quote from the legendary Barney Stinson:
"Every time I make a decision about what to do on a given night, I ask myself, 'What would make the best memory?'"

Sure, I could just spasm on the ground and let this game be a normal team deathmatch... But in a year, will you remember it? How about in two years? Three? Ten? Twenty?
« Last Edit: October 14, 2017, 06:31:07 pm by ATHATH »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 14, 2017, 08:55:00 pm »

Yeah, you've got a point there.  I will remember it for a long time if you kill my character... there's a list in my head of everyone who's killed characters of mine, and getting on that list is a great way to make sure I don't forget you.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 14, 2017, 08:58:11 pm »

Quick question: Will randomizing my consciousness across 3 yards kill me, give me control over the objects within 3 yards of me, give magical powers to the objects within 3 yards of me, all of the above, or none of the above?
I want you to imagine the sort of things you could accomplish in real life with your brains spread over the surface area of a 2 meter cube.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: October 14, 2017, 09:52:42 pm »

Yeah, you've got a point there.  I will remember it for a long time if you kill my character... there's a list in my head of everyone who's killed characters of mine, and getting on that list is a great way to make sure I don't forget you.
Ooh, you have one too?

That's a relief. I thought that I was the only one who had a grudge list.

I want you to imagine the sort of things you could accomplish in real life with your magical brains spread over the surface area of a 2 meter cube.
FTFY

Okay, guys, I get the hint.

Instead of my previous action, just flounder around on the ground like a wimp.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: October 15, 2017, 04:19:09 pm »

((Hello! I am here as an ascended extra and I will be playing your humble dead man walking rifleman for today. Egan said I, too, could have a chance to get slaughtered in his game, how could I say no to that?))

Get bearings.

Spoiler: "character" sheet (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: October 15, 2017, 11:56:13 pm »

((Nothing personal RC, but there's a fairly decent chance of me killing you if thingd go how I suspect they will next turn))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 22