Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38409 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Turn 0
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2017, 06:37:21 pm »

Thomas:

"Possibly. Shouldn't we at least try to find out what's causing it first?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2017, 06:41:01 pm »

"we can send someone to scout out what is going on, if that's what you mean. I'll gladly do it if you prepare the village for the worst."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2017, 06:49:12 pm »

"I would be willing to do that, but I'm afraid I'm not much of a leader."
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2017, 07:04:43 pm »

"Me."
I disappear, going invisible and using my Mage-mobility to rapidly go see what caused the noise, selfshifting to improve my balance, mobility, and especially my awareness.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 08:40:40 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2017, 09:19:41 pm »

"I think we should prepare the village to evacuate. Whatever made that sound is definitely capable of tearing this place to shreds."
attempt to organize some evacuation if the village chief allows it. Better safe than sorry.
Help convince the village chief to allow this.

Then, head to the West while waving a white flag of peace. What little we know about this enemy indicates that it is sapient, and thus can be reasoned with.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:12:11 am by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

I am sorry for criticizing your game so much, Egan.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2017, 10:14:52 pm »

I'll accept that apology.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2017, 12:44:46 am »

"The native population is human-arcane hybrids. This phenomenon has never been observed before, and could have unexpected benefits. Further, if we choose to do battle we risk a conflict with entrenched insurgents possessing unknown capabilities. I recommend peaceful contact with the first locals we encounter."

OOC:This setting sounds very interesting. I hadn't thought of pitting mecha against mages before. Makes me want to play Mechassault again.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 01:31:59 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2017, 03:21:28 am »

Egan: How exactly do we DROP titans into combat? Do we have a drop shit or something that lifts entire titans?
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2017, 03:25:08 am »

You walk them over the edge of a cliff. from there gravity takes over.
Quote from: context
Right now you're to the west of the village, which is bound by forest to the west and east, the lake to the south, and a steep cliff that rises to the north. If you decide to circle around approach from that direction, ((The North)) you all could drop down fairly easily, though a Titan dropping from that height would kick up some large clots of dirt, which could conceivably cause some damage and would certainly not be a subtle action. Once at the bottom of that cliff, only a Hardsuit would be able to ascend it quickly. Also accompanying you is a small contingent of 10 soldiers, lead by Captain Zrand, who technically outranks you. For now, he's staying silent and letting you figure out what to do, though he says he's going to take his soldiers in from the west regardless, as none of them can drop safely from a cliff or walk along the bottom of the lake
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 03:31:16 am by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2017, 03:40:27 am »

Yes, dropping your titan will involve first getting to a high place, which may be impossible due to lacking any flight capability. However, if you can manage it... well, it still won't be very practical, but it will certainly be impressive.

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2017, 03:45:50 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

We shall play infantry support for the Capitan and his men. When they advance we will stomp along with them and blast at anyone shooting them.
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2017, 05:41:35 am »

"The native population is human-arcane hybrids. This phenomenon has never been observed before, and could have unexpected benefits. Further, if we choose to do battle we risk a conflict with entrenched insurgents possessing unknown capabilities. I recommend peaceful contact with the first locals we encounter."

"Agreed.  I'm the only person here with a hardsuit, I can get out fastest if things go bad, and I'm the least scary, so I'll go in alone.  You all better be ready to support me if they're axe crazy though, I really don't want to be hung out to dry.  Zrand, are your guys good shots?  I think you should stay back, in the trees, take overwatch positions--you're all at the most risk here.  The natives might not be able to crack my armor, but I'll bet a ripvid that they can crack yours, heh."

Ask Zrand to stay back in the trees.  Advance ahead of my allies, and once they're in position to act if necessary, start walking towards the town.  Preferably from the trees.  If all possible, I don't want to fly while within line of sight of the natives.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2017, 09:10:41 am »

"Agreed.  I'm the only person here with a hardsuit, I can get out fastest if things go bad, and I'm the least scary, so I'll go in alone.  You all better be ready to support me if they're axe crazy though, I really don't want to be hung out to dry.  Zrand, are your guys good shots?  I think you should stay back, in the trees, take overwatch positions--you're all at the most risk here.  The natives might not be able to crack my armor, but I'll bet a ripvid that they can crack yours, heh."
"Yeah, that sure is a nice hardsuit. Well, good luck with that."

Randomly choose a direction and go in that direction.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2017, 09:58:57 am »

"Don't worry about us; these soldiers take care of themselves. But very well, we'll stay in the treeline and cover you."
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 22