Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22

Author Topic: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky  (Read 38366 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Potatos and Pistons: Plowing Preachers
« Reply #300 on: November 23, 2017, 03:40:12 pm »

Cheeky, radio.
I have no idea what you're talking about.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky
« Reply #301 on: November 25, 2017, 12:22:46 am »

Placeholder Text!

I will edit all these posts to fill in what's actually happening here, once the mission is done.

Meditate on multiversal peace, harmony and oneness.

[Blood-Lusty]
Nope, you don't do that. You think about killing, which happens to be something you think about a lot.

Charge forward, possibly using the thrusters for intermittent little hops if they're not too far gone, while firing the LMG on full-auto!  Once close enough, start hacking with the scythe part as well, stylishly using the recoil from the gun part to propel the slashes, presumably while recklessly spraying bullets into any bystanders.  They're all just mana sacks, anyway.

[Irregulars fighting: 3]
You jump out from your cover, locate the first enemy, and prepare your enormous weapon. You skim the ground using your thrusters and feet, and cut one in half in a haze of greenish energy. Four others open fire from multiple directions, but between your speed and armor the bullets pose no threat. You shoot one where he stands, behead another using the recoil of the gun while shooting a third, cut down a pair while spraying bullets everywhere, and finally impale the last on your blade, held aloft in the air, as the sky above turns crimson.
[Resilience: 4]
That one survives and struggles weakly before you remove him from your blade and remove his head from his body.
How many was that? Eh, probably all of them.

"Admirable. Rest well, soldier."

Step on Thomas.

[Overconfident]
Now, why would you do that? He just used his last bit of energy and collapsed onto the ground, dead. You are pretty sure that's no longer a threat.

"If anyone capable of providing medical attention is listening... never mind. What makes you think I can't push again?"

PUSH again. Murderize the guy trying to step on me, then see if there are any medical supplies in his walking machine.

(I decided that Push was slightly too powerful, so I'm making it so the push roll does bad stuff if it's at or below the number Push is increasing to, rather than the number it was before. Sorry to change the rules suddenly.)
[Push: 1]
Welp. The sky turns red, the air turns icy, and a mass of blackness engulfs Thomas. This block of pure dark wiggles, whines like a dog, and then becomes a very large bat, which flies away, into the woods. [Thomas has died]
Whispers in the alien native language can be heard from half-seen shadows among the branches. In response, X4's suit does a happy little jingle.
"Language data set acquired! Updating translation model!"
[Translator: 1]
"Error: insufficient data."

(Aw man. I swear this was a very unlikely outcome. I was somewhat amazed by rolling a 1 and then immediately a 20.)

"Ferrus! I'm still half deaf but I'm starting to hear again! Make some noise with your mech so I can run in your direction! AND GET ME OUTTA HERE, I don't think that teargas will hold them off for long! I popped a smoke so you should easily find my general location!" Lana yelled all this into her radio much too loudly, unaware of her own volume. She might not be able to understand any responses but she damn well could still shout.

Try to determine the direction of the mechs by ear (hopefully Ferrus will be making some noise) and go in that direction. Regain hearing some more if possible (I'm taking it sight is a lost cause by now?).

Is there any way to confirm through audio that my locator beacon is still active? Some sort of click or audio cue?

Ferrus will start playing some music to aid in Lana finding him and then stomp off to find her using the location tracker to his advantage as well as the smoke cloud billowing above the trees.

"Affirmative. See what you can do till I get there. I've got your location pulled up."

(If there's an audio cue to check if your tracker is working, it would be far too quiet to hear in your nearly deafened state. Speaking of.)
Ferrus turns the external speaker up to the max and starts blaring some music that is most certainly from this universe and not some dumb other one. With that done, he simply follows the dotted line to Lana, not really paying any attention to anything in-between.
Lana can most certainly make out the extremely loud music! A little. As it's loud enough to cause minor hearing damage all its own, she has no opportunity to regain her hearing for now.

"yeah, well I don't think I'll be seeing much of anything for a while, if I'm not permanently blind. Can you walk, or are you too crispy?"
try to convince the chief to go and get reinforcements. I need to return to the Frontline and make sure that the others are still alive, but if she won't or can't go get help, I'll go with her.

Unsure where you intend to get reinforcements from. This village is too small to have a big radio tower for communication, and the nearest other village is at least a few hours away, even at full mage speed.
The Chief can move as fast as a mage can (fast), but is a bit... fragile, now.

Things everyone notices: The sky is red now. Lots of gunshots from the village. Blaring, annoying vocal music.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Power and Pulse: Crimson Sky
« Reply #302 on: November 25, 2017, 01:02:48 am »

The village is clear now, right?  No more people?  That wasn't a huge group, where'd all the village's inhabitants go?

Narcissus is gonna wonder about that, and maybe pursue them if the answer is obvious.  Otherwise, he'll stay in town and start looting/exploring, looking for anything valuable, useful, or interesting.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 25, 2017, 08:15:15 am »

"Ferrus? Than-, thank you, for coming back for me. Let's get out of here before more of those weirdos show up.

Oh, and you can turn the music off now, thanks."

Be transported/led by Ferrus. Regain senses as much as possible. Wonder if the grunt healthcare plan will cover for all this damage.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:19:52 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 25, 2017, 08:34:05 am »

(Do I exist now?)
Start existing now? Be asleep in a nearby cave or in a forested area, then be disturbed in my sleep by the loud noises. If I wake up, go to the village and find something to eat.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 09:03:58 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 25, 2017, 11:50:40 am »

biggest settlement possible, even if it's weeks away. We need to make sure that the strongest force we have is mobilised against this threat with all haste. If we can evac other villages along the way, all the better.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 25, 2017, 01:23:51 pm »

Welp.
all previous hidden actions should be fine to reveal, but i'm about to start another set of hidden ones now that could continue for quite a while depending on how things go.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2017, 02:00:02 pm »

Prepare missiles to blow away any new monster that appears.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:31:19 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Aigre Excalibur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 26, 2017, 12:44:54 am »

Ask nicely for them to let me play again. I can still save the mission!

Leave the safety of my nice big rickrolled mech. Infantry charge the nearest enemy while screaming about glory.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 12:35:27 pm by Aigre Excalibur »
Never ever cease communication with your enemies, never ever cease interaction with them, never isolate yourself from them. Never ignore them, relish the time to deal with them, to exercise banter. The biggest mistake one can make is ignoring one's enemies. Go out of your way to pick a fight today.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2017, 04:01:39 am »

Why does FoU still have an active character sheet?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

MidnightJaguar

• Bay Watcher
  • This god shows no mercy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2017, 02:38:06 pm »

Pick up Lana and start moving back to the group to meet up. Alsoturn off the music and be wary for any attacks.

Ferrus chuckles to himself, and they were just getting to the best part.
23:31:46 <pancaeks> "Today on mystery science with the eggheads: we created these sentient crystal people, now we're going to find out if they explode!"

MainPiston: Epilogue.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
NOT AN UPDATE
« Reply #311 on: December 15, 2017, 07:27:19 pm »

(I'm sorry for bumping this, but I'm worried about how much is the turn taking. Is this dead?)
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • This is. NOT! OVER!
    • View Profile
Power and Pulse: [NOT AN UPDATE] read it anyway?
« Reply #312 on: January 11, 2018, 03:27:57 am »

This is really way to late to say this, but yeah, I kinda burned out on this game. Main problem probably was the sheer number of players, most of them in a shared space. It's pretty hard to keep track of like 11 different people with their own orders plus a few mucking around "on-ship", especially in just one thread. As much as I'd like to think I can handle a arbitrary number of players if I just take my time, that just end up leading to me avoiding it. Sorry.
I also didn't really expect so many people to be interested in the first place! A bunch more than showed up for my first RTD, and way, way more than when I tried to do a suggestion game. :P I guess the elevator pitch of "mechs fighting mages" works pretty well...

So, I'm not willing to continue the game from the last update, both because it's a clusterfuck and it's possible a few people have moved on by now. But do I do think It would be possible to salvage some of the game and hopefully adapt it into something I can actually run in the long term. I'd be making a new thread, setting a hard player limit of six, and going right into a new mission.

So, anyone still paying attention, as some small reparation for keeping everyone in the dark for so long, I'll let you decide if I should restart this game again. It's either this or something new, because I'm always getting an itch to start again with these things...

Why do I feel like someone who made a kickstarter trying to apologize to his backers? You guys haven't given me any money, you don't owe me anything! ;P

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 11, 2018, 04:34:03 am »

I rather liked it, though I played as redshirts so my experience is probably not representative  :P

I think some of the mechanics might need some more work (balance etc) though we never got to see how the playing field shifts as upgrades roll in, so unsure how founded that is. Also, the fact that it's supposed to be a PvP game but with rather much (narrative) freedom might hamper the intended gameflow a bit (as demonstrated by the initial lack of action until things got spurred along) so you might wanna reconsider where you start off the story and how you structure the game (missions or not, objectives, npc's, that kind of stuff).

Thanks for giving this thing some closure though, now I won't have to think up new P-words anymore to harass you with in irc. Now if that ain't a win-win situation!

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 11, 2018, 10:16:20 am »

I'm interested in more wizards vs robots.  I would like to see more of this.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22