Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A siege without weapons?  (Read 1670 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A siege without weapons?
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2017, 04:51:14 am »

It's not a matter of being desperate. Even a dark fortress with 10000 goblins can send raw recruits. It's a matter of weeding out those who're too stupid to be trusted with dangerous implements and precious armor from those worthy of investment (such as the cowards that flee immediately, as those are much more likely to survive than the "brave" rushers...). Or it might be a goblin rite of passage.

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2017, 12:00:29 pm »

I wondered those unarmed recruits in that latest siege to Helmsthrone as well. Previous years it had been 100+ attacker sieges with trolls and fully armored goblins, and now just basically 35 Human farmers trying desperately to make it to the fortress entrance. I suspected losing the last siege force might have exhausted the local dark pit.

This was in a world genned in .40.24 and played through all versions up to the current one.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2017, 12:55:16 pm »

You can check with Legends Mode to see if the site issuing the siege is exhausted, but I suspect it is. DF doesn't yet know how to recruit army members from other sites, nor how to switch the army staging site.
Pages: 1 [2]