Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 28122 times)

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #135 on: November 26, 2017, 08:31:09 pm »

[OOC: Sorry for the extremely late update, life was chaotic with College and Thanksgiving, but here's Spring and the first half of Summer]

Journal of Ryukan, 11 of Felsite, 253

Well Henry, this venture started rather weirdly, as I was preparing for my first day of fortress overseer, I felt a strange presence take ahold of my mind, and it was like a euphoric dream. I remember watching great beings of power fight in titanic clashes that made the very ground tear apart. I saw the destruction of many cities and the uprooting of the mountains themselves. I saw things that I can not bring to even write on paper, the horrors of which will haunt my mind until I draw my last breath.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I do not know what I did in the waking world except for what these dwarves tell me, but I know that when the horrors of that vision faded, I stood holding the most beautiful gem I had ever seen. The gem seemed to glow with a faint light and vague images can be glimpsed at if one focuses hard, but they disappear as soon as you can see them. I'll have to study this in my off time.

On the topic of study, I inquired a passing dwarf if this fortress possessed a Library of any sorts, and to my delight, he said they did.

I asked where and he showed me into the most dismal excuse of a Library I have ever seen. This... cubby, was nothing more than a hole where these fat dwarves could sit around talking about "Sexual Reproduction". I plan on fixing this immediately.

Spoiler: "Library" (click to show/hide)

I take it upon myself to draw up plans for a modestly sized library.

Spoiler: First Floor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Second Floor (click to show/hide)

Another thing I need to rectify is the amount of corpses that are in the entry hall and Depot. I do not even want to know what fell things these dwarves have done in the name of profit and greed, but I am determined to improve whatever trade relations these dwarves have ruined.

I set aside a zone for hauling the corpses outside as far from the entrance as we can.

Just in time did we clear up the depot when I was greeted by with the news of a Human Caravan approaching with a Lord consort at their lead.

Five wagons in total with several Guards slowly rumbled into our depot.

Before we began, I met with the Lord Consort who seemed like a very decent guy.

He then proceeded to pull out a small novel of reports on the goings on in the world, I tried to listen, but I think I nodded off once or twice
[OOC: Yeah, I got bombarded by like 120+ pages of text about the happenings of the world... it hurt]

After he wrapped up and I got a few minutes of sleep, we proceed to iron out a trade agreement... well, it was mostly him telling me what to do and what we should give him and stuff, I may have agreed to a lousy trade deal on our behalf, but I wasn't hired as a Minister of Finances was I?

I do remember ordering booze and food and some sheets of paper, then he gave me the final document of what the humans wanted next year.

With that, he said his farewell and went off to get drunk.

I let the broker do his thing and traded for some booze and food and whatever books the Humans had. We traded some silver crafts I had ordered made last month. I also picked up this fancy figurine of a human made of coral, never seen the stuff before so I thought it would look nice on my dresser.

The Library is pretty much done, just need to furnish it some more and add the books we bought into it, then maybe write some of our own.

Spoiler: First Floor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Second Floor (click to show/hide)

While the humans were still here, I received reports of visitors from above and below. Some migrants had arrived on the surface and an unspeakable horror made of vomit decided to wander into our area of the caverns.

I have written this down as I prepare our marksdwarves to shoot the beast from our side of the lake and hopefully take it down. Who knows, maybe we might actually live through it.

Before I head down, I have to exclaim great displeasure in being near that blasted Gem. Every time I study it, I hear quiet voices that are always so close, yet when I focus on them, they retreat and I am left in silence until I focus back on the gem. I get a great sense of dread thinking on this, I do hope that I am just under the effects of the strong booze here, but only time and more studying will tell. I have made it my goal to bring in the great minds of this world to study and bring in more texts through which I may yet uncover the secrets of this Gem.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2018, 01:35:17 pm by TheImmortalRyukan »
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 27, 2017, 05:00:17 am »

Um, can I get an answer as to why is our fort filled with corpses?

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: November 27, 2017, 12:49:52 pm »

Um, can I get an answer as to why is our fort filled with corpses?

Well, the depot is full of corpses because the elves insulted us by not offering their goods for free... That is the official story and I am sticking to it.... I refuse to take responsibility for any other deaths...

Nice update Ryukan, looking forward to more.^^
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 27, 2017, 02:37:12 pm »

At least all the body parts show that our axe dwarves are working well, can't have them getting bored all day can we? I'm all in favour of taking advantage of some real life targets for one, especially ones that are screwing us over.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 29, 2017, 05:25:59 pm »

Will meat blocks building become miasma producing rotten meat blocks building?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: November 29, 2017, 09:10:56 pm »

Sign me up for a turn please! Same thing here - occasionally, real life gets in the way. Hopefully not this time though.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:09 am »

By all accounts, should have the write up for summer and fall done today

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2017, 04:34:27 am »

Adding CaptainArchmage to the list.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2017, 02:49:40 am »

That library is better than expected. I thought it'd be just a zone on ground, when I saw no bookcases, bags, tables, chairs, writing material or written content in the library.

In fact, I can clearly see chairs and tables in it, so why is it saying none are there?

Nonetheless, it's kinda sad that most actual library needs can be fulfilled by a 2x2 room of chair/table/bookcase/bag with 2 scholars and 1 sribe.

Those corpses outside the entrance are going to be great for trade relations.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2017, 06:19:43 am »

Those corpses outside the entrance are going to be great for trade relations.

I think they put us in a strong position for price negotiations... Also, they really tie the place together.
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Stoat tales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 04, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »

It adds character, and you'll never run out of spares

Demonic Spoon

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering from beyond the veil of reality
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2017, 02:10:47 pm »

I'd like to sign up for a turn please.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2017, 02:34:23 pm »

ok, Finals are killing me, can I have an extension please? I have finals until next Thursday. And alot of people on these forums are Uni students, so I am not the only one going through this :P

I have Summer done, I just need to find time to actually play Fall and Winter

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 07, 2017, 01:41:48 pm »

ok, Finals are killing me, can I have an extension please? I have finals until next Thursday. And alot of people on these forums are Uni students, so I am not the only one going through this :P

I have Summer done, I just need to find time to actually play Fall and Winter

Fine by me.

Adding Demonic Spoon.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 07, 2017, 11:24:12 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 16