Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 28114 times)

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #60 on: October 12, 2017, 08:20:09 am »

Could be better, but I'd guess 20-25 FPS is probably not a single sharp issue like too small tavern or pet-impassable door but rather a more systematic cause like hundreds of living creatures on the map or too much digging.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2017, 10:10:56 am »

[...]
I might slaughter some animals but it seems they all have owners.

And that stops us how? :P
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2017, 11:47:57 am »

Keep an eye out on the large stone stockpiles.  I set them to accept from links only and give to the workshop so the marbles are used up. 

But those are in a long winded path to a large dead end. 

I suggest use up those stones, then lock access so they aren't part of pathing anymore. 

I have not breached the caverns yet, so the lag may just come from animals. 

The surface is also large and full of trees.  I would have clear cut the entire thing, except that some of those will leave holes on the ceiling of the "early" unsecured fortress that is not part of the tower I made. 

I think the distance pathing to the library may also add a hit to FPS issues. 

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2017, 12:13:34 pm »

The lag may come from caverns regardless of whether you've revealed them yet or not. Animal people tribes aren't just going to stop existing and killing because you can't see them.

(Though I suppose one could write a dfhack script that seals the caverns on embark until they're revealed/freezes caverns when they're unrevealed. Though not sure how to do the latter to remove fps impact of 220 invisible zombies.)

Anyway, standard fps-boosting advice would apply.

Regarding tree holes, I guess going to floor over the embark, expect perhaps for a small orchard, anyway.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 12, 2017, 04:59:32 pm »

Well there are around 20 visitors all talking about prime divisors right now.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 12, 2017, 06:29:32 pm »

Well there are around 20 visitors all talking about prime divisors right now.

Be careful in open murder of scholars.  on second thought, the loyalty cascade deaths may increase your FPS.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 13, 2017, 04:11:32 am »

Actually I think the problem is the mass production of copper for the secret trap. I'll post the year or as far as i get tonight, i can't do anything next week...

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 13, 2017, 11:11:21 am »

Actually I think the problem is the mass production of copper for the secret trap. I'll post the year or as far as i get tonight, i can't do anything next week...

I don't remember if I expanded the stairs from 1x1 to more.  That serves a 1-tile bottle neck for each of the 10z tower.  And may be a hit to FPS.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 13, 2017, 02:27:27 pm »

Here goes.

[OOC] My character is extremely pretentious :)

A messenger enters the great fortress.
He speaks in a nasal voice, I can feel an air of pretentiousness from him. I am already thinking whether it will be a lava pool or just spikes. If this fortress I have been dispatched to even has that. I am doomed to another hell-hole for a year. Yay. Farming and mining. I’m a noble, not a bloody peasant.
Anyway, that damned messenger:
The God-Emperor of the whole of Dwarven kind hand sent upon you a blessing, a miracle, in the form of wertyzerty, the new master of this fortress! Rejoice! He will end hunger, pain and death!
I don’t think you can tell I wrote the script.
Autumncrawl is finally mine! In no time I shall find my way around easily. I must say I appreciate the design, but it is lacking danger. I shall fix that, with a bit of hope.

1st of Granite: I walked into the fortress, and what do I see? A shortage of barrels. The God Emperor would frown upon that. I have ordered 50 barrels to be made.

5th of Granite: My predecessor has left me with the gift of a sociopathic dwarf. Apparently he wants cloth and some stone. I’ll get him some of that, lest he strips naked and runs around. Trust me, you do not want to see this guy without clothes on. And of course, none of my miners are actually mining.

6th of Granite: What the hell, why is there so much booze everywhere??? I think that’s where all the barrels went…
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

8th of Granite: I have ordered tetrahedrite to be mined. I looked down there and thank the god emperor for divine rule.

11th of Granite: It’s the Elves… Hopefully they’ll take the booze and our crappy crafts.

12th of Granite: These bastards have nothing! Nothing! (Of use) All I’m buying is a crappy silk thing for some chalk stuff. I am now striving to go further down, looking for silk for a mood. I have the other two types so it can only be that.

20th of Granite: The mayor has mandated crowns. What a nice thought for me. Sadly I cannot equip it, so it will have to be in my mind. I’ve always wanted my own imaginary crown.

3rd of Slate: A giant cardinal has been captured! Thanks to the liberal application of cage traps, we have succeeded! In other news, I designated many animals for slaughter, and am attempting to train the Giant Jaguar as a war animal.

5th Slate: Success at last! Well, only two days. Now we need to tame the cardinal.

9th of Slate: Caverns Ahoy! Finally some silk for that damned mechanic before he goes mad. I can’t see any signs of !!FUN!! carnage, but there sure are a lot of webs.
Later that day: Migrants. Yay. More mouths to feed. 31 more.

Confession: I bought a grizzly bear for fun…
14th of Slate: Well, the mechanic has gone mad. Good bye.

21th of Slate: The mayor wants more crowns. That bastard is getting power hungry! The god-emperor will not be pleased.

4th of Felsite: Due to the massive, influx of migrants, I have started designating bedrooms for my minions followers.
I am in the process of constructing a secret trap tunnel for attackers to go through.

17th of Felsite: Finally the mad naked guy running around MY fort is going to die. Thank the emperor he was a heretic or we would have had to have a funeral.

21st of Felsite: I have found vomit everywhere. I wonder what could have happened…

24th of Felsite: Another one DJ Khaled!. This time a child has been possessed. This basically means another mad guy is gonna be running around in about three months.

25th of Felsite: More caverns. And also the cardinal has been tamed!

[OOC] I have calculated, a year is going to take me 5.7 hours in real time.
3rd of Hematite: There seems to be a seminar on water clock reservoirs.

4th of Hematite: It’s a siege!!!! Also the seminar has moved onto prime divisors. There are only six goblins though. Someone has just abandoned their baby in the middle of the UNPROTECTED entrance. I have ordered everyone inside and sent many squads to kill the goblins.

5th of Hematite: The siege has been destroyed, annihilated. Good job to all the soldiers, including myself.

Basically it was carnage. I will not show everything, but trust me it is.
12th of Felsite: A human caravan arrives. I hope they don’t see their brightest minds laying dead on the floor. I should have timed it better. Oops. That’ll be for next time I guess ;)

13th of Felsite: This is ridiculous! I kill them all, then two days later all the bloody scholars are back! Are they crazy? The bodies are still out there, rotting!

16th: The kid has started a mysterious construction.

21st of Felsite: Tiristemal Otin Resil has been crafted! It’s a diorite crown. For me I presume. The kid is lucky I did not smite him for not using gold.
I’ve got to say, I did not see this coming. I think something is having a path finding issue. I’m leaving it here, I guess. Unless you want me to keep playing, in which case a year will take me 112 hours.

Just quickly for the next player: The fort is in a mess, especially the entrance. The wood burners and other thing are for the copper spikes, of which I have ordered many(many) to be made. The unlabelled lever in the statue room is to be connected to the maze, to have control over whether it is open or closed. The maze is not connected to the fort.
LNP says the game graphics cannot be changed because it will break the raws. I tried it before booting up the game and it said the same thing don’t worry.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 13, 2017, 02:41:57 pm »

Can you upload the save while it is having 1 FPS? I might try to poke around, find the cause. I suspect either moods or animals.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2017, 02:44:45 pm »

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13135
Yeah took a bit of time to upload and figure out DFFD.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 13, 2017, 03:06:00 pm »

Still haven't, myself. I made an account, but didn't get activation email, and can't resend it (though I can reset password) or upload.

Anyway, got the save, looking around....

What the ...

You really hate scholars, huh?

But I'm getting 68 FPS on it.  That's...tolerable. Would be nice if it was ten times better, yes, but it's not 1 fps either.

57 FPS after lair-retire-unretire. (there's over twice as many visitors afterwards) Around 3,5 seconds for a day, so I guess world events does cap the fort at around 300 FPS even with nothing happening.

Where's the 1 FPS at? Are you sure I got the right save?

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2017, 02:30:56 pm »

I'm 100% sure, but you're not using an A4 5000 cpu... In a laptop.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 14, 2017, 05:40:15 pm »

I thought I was after... wait, wheres Exo... I'm lost. Am I after flame?
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 14, 2017, 06:30:56 pm »

You're after exodius1 who is the next player in line I think.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16