Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game  (Read 28138 times)

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
Re: First Book of Archibald: Bloodline Succession Game
« Reply #105 on: October 26, 2017, 05:17:40 am »

Snip!

We only had silver and copper at the time, no iron.

ARE YOU INSANE?! Why did you allow that Greenskinned xeno into our library?! Do you really wish for a Goblin WAAAGH! that bad?! No wonder it is pondering about military ethics.

Also, damn... so much stuff happened. Between the two monstrosities and the fortress expansion, I am really happy where this is going.

But we really need more Dwarf Marines.

They were there before I got the save. I have since purged the library (removed the zone) and created a massive temple to the Epmeror to atone... Kinda needs furniture...
It wasn't intended for you to go insane both in character and out of character.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 26, 2017, 09:01:00 am »

They were there before I got the save. I have since purged the library (removed the zone) and created a massive temple to the Epmeror to atone... Kinda needs furniture...

I am just gonna leave this here. I... I simply...

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 26, 2017, 11:07:18 am »

We only had silver and copper at the time, no iron.
If you forbid the core material on a mood that has still has tasked non-core materials after that once dwarf starts working, they create iron artifact instead*. I've exploited this many times, though to be honest iron goblet or throne or instrument isn't really an improvement over their wooden, bone or rock versions.

* (If you do it before, they just retrieve another thing, and if there's no materials remaining tasked for mood after they start working they go insane.)

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 26, 2017, 11:23:46 am »

It pauses when they claim the workshop.  That's the time to forbid all bars except the desired one I want, just in case the dwarf is not wanting a specific material instead.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 26, 2017, 11:28:14 am »

Can also pause when they start the mood. That's the moment to assign them to artifactory burrow so that they'll not interrupt the rest of the fort.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2017, 06:32:05 am »

Sorry guys, will not be able to fully finish my turn, work has been killer. Here is the save.

I have labeled up everything I did with "N" menu, and as advice I have to say to get loads of platinum via trade and start forging masterwork things for the Vats. I have set-up most mechanisms but that place still needs furnishing before we make any marines. Oh, and I created them some uniform blueprints, I would recommend having one chapter of each (you will see why when you take a look at their barracks).

The Emperor Protects.

TheImmortalRyukan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Story Weaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2017, 08:46:25 am »

my turn? YES, ok, downloading the save.

The Emperor Protects
The Tale of Runlance - A Succession Fort in a Dying World

While the drink stocks run low and violence is rampant, the narcissistic tyrant demands a monument to his name

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2017, 01:46:14 pm »

Have you finished the year that was halfway through when I passed the save?

AHTGEIAHG

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2017, 01:51:57 pm »

Have you finished the year that was halfway through when I passed the save?

AHTGEIAHG

Yup, and got few months into my own turn. On the upside, I have finished what I set out to do, and now it is for those who take over to finish the project.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2017, 02:50:27 pm »

Just quickly, I seem to have lost track of something. What is the project? I know we need goat kids but apart from that that's it.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2017, 03:04:46 pm »

Just quickly, I seem to have lost track of something. What is the project? I know we need goat kids but apart from that that's it.

Dwarven Daycare.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2017, 03:46:33 pm »

Ohhh...
The Marines are the project. I thought they were just a way to create an unbeatable army.
Wasn't thinking for a moment there.

Archibald

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2017, 02:54:38 am »

Dwarven concentration camp where they get instant-PTSD Dwarven Daycare The facility for training Dwarf Marines must be built if we want them in our army. They must know no fear and be war masters. Such is the will of the God-Emperor.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2017, 03:47:54 am »

Heh, yeah, vanity. Not much of beatableness difference between a legendary 80kg 80 year old and legendary 150kg 12 year old. Both die to webs, both blend goblins. The second one is better unarmed fighter/wrestler, especially against larger creatures, and maybe less harmed by fire if they underwent appropriate procedures.

A greater difference than either of these might the time to deploy. This means not only how quick they are on their feet, but also how needy they are. While one might want their doctors to be religious, here casual, dubious or atheist dwarves who don't have a need for abstract thought are merely obvious ways to limit the chance they're on break to tavern; as anybody who has ever peeked into adventure mode knows strength of need is just as gradual for all needs as it is for religion this could be refined further, but for starters perhaps the Marines should consider people who will not worship chaos gods for special programs.

exodius1

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALMOST_HOLLOW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 05, 2017, 04:41:07 am »

Heh, yeah, vanity. Not much of beatableness difference between a legendary 80kg 80 year old and legendary 150kg 12 year old.

Difference is potential life-long usability. 80yo legendary has 40 years at most before old age creeps in, 12yo has 108 years before the same. It is simply an investment, and downsides can be mitigated by not sending melee squads against spiders and such.

A question though, 'cause I did not have time to do testing. Is "Does not care about anything anymore" still a thing? If so the needs would be diminished, methinks, by constant turkey murder for 8 odd years.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16