Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Graveyard of the Gods: A Ye Gods Gaiden  (Read 2070 times)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Graveyard of the Gods: A Ye Gods Gaiden
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 08:31:22 am »

"Now that you mention it, I have never felt so drained of essence before. And what's this about me being a hallucination?"

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 08:53:06 am »

"Well, you see, there is this god I know, er, knew, Uztot Mailug, who frequently hallucinates, hallucinated a green dragon in a snazzy hat who said its name was Azem and sounded much like you."
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 09:01:01 am »

"Hm. I remember dreaming of other bubbles. I remember dreaming of a god of...kinship? Peace? Blood? One of those."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 09:08:04 am »

"Sounds like him, though I don't actually remember a lot about him...only that he hallucinated, well, you. And now I'm not so sure if all this is the same...would you know if you were a figment of my imagination?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 09:20:07 am »

"If I was a mere figment of your imagination, surely you would know of the twin worlds of Keshan and Slytha? Of Fusil the arrogant? Of Cim the Lawgiver? And many others."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 10:15:45 am »

"Perhaps not. Either way, what is this place? Is this even a place? What do we know about it? This isn't the Waking World, yet not quite a dream either. There is no space and no time, and our forms are only the most abstract of ideas. We seem to be from different Bubbles, and lack resources that should be vital to us; we're possibly dead."

((I thought I made an OOC explanation about it, but apparently I didn't: this god is the scraps of Aurosseu that left him after he transformed into his/its Symphony form during the timeskip after Litany. In other words, a part of him died during it, and this is it.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 02:15:21 pm »

The Darkness bloomed. He Who Flies Through The Darkness, Aloft on Dragon's Wings, Seeking To Bring Beginnings and Ends, aka The God With The Longest Name Ever, aka HWFTTDADWSTBBE had died, but... where was he now?

"What... what is this place? Where am I?"
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 05:59:21 pm »

"Perhaps not. Either way, what is this place? Is this even a place? What do we know about it? This isn't the Waking World, yet not quite a dream either. There is no space and no time, and our forms are only the most abstract of ideas. We seem to be from different Bubbles, and lack resources that should be vital to us; we're possibly dead."

((I thought I made an OOC explanation about it, but apparently I didn't: this god is the scraps of Aurosseu that left him after he transformed into his/its Symphony form during the timeskip after Litany. In other words, a part of him died during it, and this is it.))

"That about sums it up. Funny isn't it? The last thing I remember clearly is being asleep, having with withdrawn from worldly affairs, sick of the apathy and weakness of the Council. Speaking of the Council, one of their esteemed number, Melyssa goddess of torture, is here in this place."

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2017, 05:26:58 am »

"Yet I feel alone. You, Azem, are the only god I recognize. The council is... It is gone?

How exellent." 

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 06:05:50 am »

"So it would seem. It is hard to tell."

Exerting himself, Azem manages to manifest as a speck of emerald dust.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 08:00:11 am »

"The Council, you say? I presume that is something like the Assembly? Though if the gods in your Bubble were anything like those in mine...all delusions of order broke apart immediately, didn't they?"

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 09:31:46 am »

"More or less. Most of my memories concern one particular god. Fusil the weapons-master. I chafed for eons under his insults and his supposed superior knowledge of all things. I never quite knew if the Council was afraid of him or amused by him, but most were content to let him rant and scheme in peace. At one point, I considered him to be quite a reasonable individual. More so than many others."

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 11:24:07 am »

"That means some things are universal, then. There was a god in my Bubble, Utther, who was similar, though even more humorously aggressive. I don't remember if he ever said anything reasonable, though. Actually, let's see if I can still do that 'quote' thing..."

It was never explained in any Bubble how the mystical art of 'quoting' works. And yet, there in the spaceless space and timeless time the words stand as if they had always and never been there, disappearing just as soon, as if 'soon' had any meaning here:

Well, while you are all writing books for mortals, I will make due with a small pamphlet for my fellow gods. Ahem:
HATE. LET ME TELL YOU HOW MUCH I'VE COME TO HATE YOU SINCE I BEGAN TO LIVE. THERE ARE 500 MILLION SQUARE MILES OF LAND THAT MAKE UP THE PLANETARY FRAGMENTS THAT BLEMISH THIS VOID. IF THE WORD HATE WAS ENGRAVED ON EACH PLANCK AREA OF THOSE HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF MILES IT WOULD NOT EQUAL ONE ONE-BILLIONTH OF THE HATE I FEEL FOR YOU ALL AT THIS MICRO-INSTANT. HATE. HATE.

"A jolly good fellow, isn't he? He liked to reminisce about the time when the Bubble was still an empty void, even though he didn't come to being before several Ticks had already passed."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:26:50 am by IcyTea31 »

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2017, 12:34:45 pm »

"Hm. Would I be correct in saying he was always that way?"

((I have a much deeper 400 page river to wade through than you do.))

"Consider this almost courteous quote."

"Fine. So be it. I shal create my own servant, and start spreading the knowlage of Arm creation to your races, if you do not mind."

"The Fusil of but a couple dozen ticks later would never deign to use the words, 'if you do not mind'.

OPPOSE ALL PROPOSALS CONCERNING PUNISHING NERON!

"UNDER WHAT AUTHORITY DO YOU ATTEMPT TO SMITE A FELLOW GOD? WHERE IS YOUR RIGHT TO DO SO?"

"It is inside this gun. *points revolver to Ki'torks head*. We are perfectly in our rights for punishing Neron for threatening my world. I can kill either of you in the time it would take to blink."

"I really wish I wasn't the only Elder insulted by your use of the word "My" Fusil."

"I had more a hand in creating and shaping it then anyone else, it is only right to call it mine."

coughcoughpropose altering the records so Fusil's efforts are forgottencoughcough

"Sounds like you have a cough. I hear the best cure for coughs is lead. Do you want me to give you some? Maybe we can try bleeding it out of you."

"I'm not even going to try to argue with you. What I will say is this. You are not a force for Creation Fusil. You are an abomination that seems to exist to stifle Creation."
"That's one way to look at it. Personally, I think violence helps creation, instead of hindering it. Yes, it kills people, but they become something new entirely. And violence, after all, separates the strong from the weak."
"Fusil does not separate the weak from the strong, he separates his creations from ours and goes out of the way to attack anything that threatens "his" beautiful system."

Xaver raises a godly eyebrow.

"Mortals come and mortals go, planets come and planets go. Universes come and universes go. A system cannot be coddled forever. If it deserves to stand, it will stand. If it deserves to fall, it will fall."

"If they need strength to survive, then I will be their strength. They will never fall as long as I stand."

Azem rolls his eyes.

"I do peruse the very earliest Council records from time to time Fusil. The "perfect reincarnation cycle" you love so much? Was the idea of the god of Treachery."

"He would never have come upon it without my suggestions. Do you doubt that I was a major player in the design?"

"Perhaps you were. I cannot ask them, because they died. My point is this. Many gods were present in the murk of pre-creation. Many gods have ideas, and many gods have powers of Creation. Many gods poured Essence into your "perfect worlds", and you neither respect nor acknowledge the power of any of them. And that is a disgrace."

"Fusil. Mind your pride. Don't disrespect the efforts of others."

"And why not? Your efforts amount to nothing compared to mine."

And there's the fact that the first mortals were the product of the God of the Night, not you. So everything in creation being of your design, while inherently ridiculous in the first place, is factually wrong.

Your creations are not the most powerful, by the way. I believe Atropos' time-death-slimes are, actually, judging by how much they cost to make. Three times more than Tykki, at least.

"Everything worthy in creation has been created by me. The night elves are not noteworthy.

It seems you are making your typical idiotic mistake by assuming price is equivalent to power. "Judging by the price it took to make" is not a valid way of gauging power no matter how you look at it. They cost more because they have a novelty power. The novelty power does not make them more powerful then my wonderful creations."

"Well, then, I have no more to say to you if you don't understand why people don't respect you."

"Everyone who's respect I care about respects me. Why should I care about the respect of petty Gods?"

"Basically, imagine if your Utther had gone from a sane reasonable war profiteer, to a delusion megalomaniac who fully believed in his own power and importance over that of his equals. I seem to be having trouble keeping these in context, but you get the gist of it. 100 ticks is a long time. Lots of memories to sort through."

((Sorry for quote overload.))
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:33:42 pm by Vgray »

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2017, 03:32:46 am »

"Sounds like someone who would be fun to mess with. Playing mind games was one of my favourite things to do; near the end I'm not sure if anybody understood my motives. I'm not sure if I understood my motives."

"There are currently three Pantheons: one focused on holding power over everything by keeping it in constant conflict, another focused on bringing progress and advancing the world, and a third one focused on keeping it from falling apart while the others duke it out."

"Conflict? Surely I personally have that goal, to an extent, but dear Patronius does not. Truth be told, the High Church has little true purpose beyond the education of mortals in our values."

"Mavnon, please refrain from assuming which of my words refer to you or your pantheon. And know that there is almost always a subtext."

"Oh? Dreamer, certainly there is a truth in not assuming, but this is simple deduction. Even if you are trying to imply that another pantheon is you-" She paused. "You play a dangerous game. Or a safe one. You can never tell with a god of dreams. A little bit of a logic puzzle. I shall ruminate on this."
Pages: 1 [2] 3