Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dfhack remove punishments?  (Read 1243 times)

psychohobbit1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dfhack remove punishments?
« on: September 26, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »

Is it possible to use dfhack to remove punishments? Those goblets weren't even restricted when that militia captain brought them to the depot!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dfhack remove punishments?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 04:23:26 pm »

Completely normal raw editing can do this just fine. It's not anything special. Mandates for each noble are defined in each noble's position. Learn regular modding first, much easier than messing about with Dfhack.

If you want to hack your save to remove a punishment mid-game before the Guard have a chance to react, then, yeah, you'd need Dfhack.

Unless someone's already made a script to do that specifically though, it'd be faster just to rage-quit and start again...

psychohobbit1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 05:52:37 pm »

Oh, I already know simple raw editing. Before multi-tile trees were a thing I would add a custom workshop that uses magma and obsidian to make lots of ash for whatever, but given a choice between having them get locked up for 151 days and rage-quitting my fortress, I think I'll choose the first one.

psychohobbit1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 06:34:54 pm »

It doesn't actually matter now, since windows decided to update in the middle of saving, so now the file's corrupted and I had to go back to a backup from last october (though I haven't played much since then.)