Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you sleep with a perfect copy of yourself?

Yes!
No!

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Survey Question  (Read 4138 times)

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
Re: Survey Question
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2017, 07:56:27 pm »

I feel like having a clone would simply double my problems, and none of these additional problems nor any previous would be solved by sleeping with them.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2017, 09:27:20 pm »

And there's a 50% chance that you wake up and you were the clone all along.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2017, 09:29:20 pm »

And there's a 50% chance that you wake up and you were the clone all along.

Yeah, but the memories and experience are existence, so there's no loss.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2017, 09:33:16 pm »

There is, if you're determined to be legally the clone, so when the other you is done with you, you get fed back into the clonebank's matter hopper. Once you make the clone they start to deviate as separate individuals.

btw: no thanks on clone bonking. I'm not on my list.

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2017, 10:11:11 pm »

1) I'm not gay.
2) I'm not into incest. Sex with an exact duplicate of myself is indeed the purest form of incest, since we are as genetically close as it is possible for two people to be.
3) Outside of marriage.

I'd have to say no.

1) Having sex with yourself isn't gay.
2) Incest isn't bad if you don't plan on children. Still incest
3) Marriage is gay however.
××××××××××××××××××

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2017, 04:32:06 am »

I have never figured out why any one would want to have sex with a copy of them selves, it just seems strange to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2017, 04:39:51 am »

100% of incest-molested children disagree with you
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2017, 08:18:28 am »

1) I'm not gay.
2) I'm not into incest. Sex with an exact duplicate of myself is indeed the purest form of incest, since we are as genetically close as it is possible for two people to be.
3) Outside of marriage.

I'd have to say no.

1) Having sex with yourself isn't gay.
3) Marriage is gay however.

1) I really dont want to try to redefine the boundaries between gay sex and autoeroticism. We are discussing sex with a clone, not sex with a temporally displaced self.
2) Technically, the clone is another person, who is more closely related to you than either a parent, or a sibling.
3) Marrying your clone is indeed gay marriage.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2017, 08:37:01 am »

Also, assuming that the clone is going to be up for whatever you want to do with the clone is clonist, and is a privileged assumption of originarchial society.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2017, 09:04:49 am »

But if the clone is identical to you it's pretty obvious that he or she will have an identical opinion. Therefore if you would have sex with your clone he would too, and viceversa.

It almost rates as a high technology form of masturbation, rather than sex, when you think about it.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2017, 09:09:36 am »

Omg yes. Myself is a total babe.
Of course, after getting it on we would most likely do our best to kill each other. Man I hate that useless, whiny PoS, no matter how dang cute he is. >:(   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2017, 09:10:33 am »

But if the clone is identical to you it's pretty obvious that he or she will have an identical opinion. Therefore if you would have sex with your clone he would too, and viceversa.

It almost rates as a high technology form of masturbation, rather than sex, when you think about it.

That's assuming that what you want to do is symmetrical, which isn't at all certain.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2017, 09:13:32 am »

I advocate then something like semiconservative replication for whole individuals. Therefore both you and the original (you didnt think you had me fooled, right? The second "e" in Reelya exposed you as the clone) qualify as part clone, part original, and therefore must come to a consensus.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 10:09:20 am »

I'm not that into my type (for that kind of thing). For sleep sleep, I've no objection to communal sleeping arrangements (plenty of dormitory experience in Youth Hostelling and found family rooms more awkward) but I'm not sure I'd put me into the list of people who I'd share the same mattress. I'd just be in my own personal space, but with no upsides to my me-time having to be shared with other-me. I'd probably keep out of my own way most of the time, actually, work out an amicable division of labour to keep me at a distance at all times...

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 11:17:27 am »

I'm not that into my type (for that kind of thing). For sleep sleep, I've no objection to communal sleeping arrangements (plenty of dormitory experience in Youth Hostelling and found family rooms more awkward) but I'm not sure I'd put me into the list of people who I'd share the same mattress. I'd just be in my own personal space, but with no upsides to my me-time having to be shared with other-me. I'd probably keep out of my own way most of the time, actually, work out an amicable division of labour to keep me at a distance at all times...
Cmon, if you´re a lazyass trying to arrange an amicable division of labor with yourself is a circlejerk. And if you´re going to circlejerk, might as well go all the way, no?
Pages: 1 [2] 3