Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Would you sleep with a perfect copy of yourself?

Yes!
No!

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Survey Question  (Read 4132 times)

Avarice

• Bay Watcher
  • ××××××××
    • View Profile
Re: Survey Question
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2017, 12:28:11 pm »

2) Incest isn't bad if you don't plan on children. Still incest
100% of incest-molested children disagree with you

Ahh I would prefer not to go there... but I already am 100% is bold to say and incorrect and leave it at that.
Most my content is shitty jokes sorry if it comes off in a wrong way.
××××××××××××××××××

Felissan

• Bay Watcher
  • Hopefully not killing this game too
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »

As far as I know, I wouldn't feel any attraction towards an exact clone.
Now, to answer another, more interesting question, let's say my "clone" had my father's X chromosome instead of the Y one, and had all the other factors as close to me as possible - then I'd probably be OK with that, and she definitely wouldn't want me to get within a 10-foot radius of her, because of the shock from learning that her male counterpart has a beard. So, the answer's still no.
Quote from: xkcd
I always figured you should never bring a gun to a gun fight because then you'll be part of a gun fight.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2017, 09:29:24 pm »

Somewhere along the line I stopped Recognizing myself in mirrors most of the time so... Yeah probably, and I likely wouldn't realize I did for a while.

Are we not going to talk about this? Gunner-Chan, that's not normal, I think you should see a doctor of some sort

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2017, 09:41:20 pm »

Perhaps Gunnar just works hard and long hours in environments free of reflective surfaces. This has resulted in disparity between actual self appearance, and remembered self appearance?

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2017, 10:29:21 pm »

Or operates a lot in VR/AR environments!

( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Body_transfer_illusion )

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2017, 12:31:29 pm »

I wouldn’t. I’m not gay and I’m pretty sure I would despise my copy personality wise. I’d be more interested in having a conversation with them to see how I act around other people and to see if I do annoying things that I don’t notice. I’d also like to hear the real sound of my own voice. Not one that is distorted by microphones.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 01:02:16 pm »

I wouldn’t. I’m not gay and I’m pretty sure I would despise my copy personality wise. I’d be more interested in having a conversation with them to see how I act around other people and to see if I do annoying things that I don’t notice. I’d also like to hear the real sound of my own voice. Not one that is distorted by microphones.
Good microphones don't distort your voice. Your facial bones resonating with your produced sounds distort your voice so that it seems different to you than how it sounds to other people. How a quality microphone records your voice is actually how your 'real' voice is percieved by others. Emphasis on good, quality microphone (and playback device, ofcourse).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_conduction
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:05:01 pm by martinuzz »
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 01:08:35 pm »

Each person things that their voice is heavily distorted by microphones. But they don't think that other people's voices are equally distorted. Think about that.

heydude6

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 01:57:20 pm »

Good microphones don't distort your voice. Your facial bones resonating with your produced sounds distort your voice so that it seems different to you than how it sounds to other people. How a quality microphone records your voice is actually how your 'real' voice is percieved by others. Emphasis on good, quality microphone (and playback device, ofcourse).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bone_conduction
I know that. It's just that this would be an opportunity to hear my voice from the hypothetical perfect microphone that otherwise doesn't exist.
Lets use the ancient naval art of training war parrots. No one will realize they have been boarded by space war parrots until it is to late!
You can fake being able to run on water. You can't fake looking cool when you break your foot on a door and hit your head on the floor.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • 🛡️ Shiny Knight
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2017, 01:33:07 am »

Surprised how quickly I said, 'yes'.

I imagine it being essentially 'me' inhabiting two bodies, not my clone, which would quickly desync.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 01:44:06 am by roseheart »
He who knows
he has enough
is rich.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2017, 01:42:31 am »

Feel bad for all the poor unattractive people who said "no".
But not very bad.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2017, 10:50:15 am »

What about the super-attractive but also super-vain people who still don't attain their own very high standards, thinking they deserve even better because of their above-averageness?

(Asking for a clone friend!)

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2017, 10:58:58 am »

What about those of us that are neither immensely unattractive, nor superbly attractive-- merely average-- but who do not find the idea of sex desirable? Do we get some pity points?

:P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2017, 11:30:01 pm »

What about those of us that are neither immensely unattractive, nor superbly attractive-- merely average-- but who do not find the idea of sex desirable? Do we get some pity points?

This is me :I And I thought you meant a sleepover at first! :P
...Seriously, never knew everyone was talking about SEXUAL ACTIVITY! @_@ Because goodness, already? First people get to know each other right? I:

But um, yes. Really thought it was a sleepover :P and if I had to answer, I'd pick no because it's not even needed. Even if I'm homoromantic :v

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2017, 11:35:57 pm »

Okay, you get pity for being average, but not much.

It would be weird for me to pity you for not wanting to do sex, though, since it's not really my thing either.

(I am superbly attractive, though.)
Pages: 1 2 [3]