Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 353LL - Spring  (Read 12239 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 352LL
« Reply #90 on: September 27, 2017, 12:54:50 pm »

Falsktnafn mulls over the alchemist's question for a few moments, before eventually replying:

"Yes."
Long Live United Forenia!

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 27, 2017, 01:45:57 pm »

Baroness Gertasdottir opens the door to the side chamber in time to see the emerging chaos at the end of the hallway.  She glances to Orzo.

"Looks like some hot young blood over there.  Cause a small distraction, funnel that fighting man over there into here.  He seems interesting."

Leave the door to the side chamber slightly ajar as an escape route for Domnall, if he runs past.  Open a cupboard and get ready to stuff the soldier in it as a hiding place if need be.

Edit: Misread prior post.

Helga glances down the corridor at the sound of fighting.

"Interesting.  Falbrand, you pursue the problem with your sword.  Diventrade, get some guards and block off the next corridor corner.  I'll lure the troublemaker in here with the promise of a place to hide.  Either bring him down in combat or drive him my way - I'll decide what to do with the young pup."

If circumstance brings Domnall Helga's way...

Orzo opens the door to the side chamber as the figure approaches.  Helga snaps from within.

"Well?  Get in here, boy, we haven't all day."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:57 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2017, 02:24:57 pm »

"The man is here to fight Swordholder, you're not going to stop that easily; by the flame I tried. Best guess is he's a plant. Nothing will secure kingship like bloody victory against a  charlatan, and if the kid is responsible there may be hope for him in politics yet. Boils down to: there's no muddying the church vote today."
he shoots an apologetic look at Alric.

"This fight is happening and even trying to stall the bastard have backfired so our options are dying in droves. You want Swordboy to like you? Go, back him, warn him. Now, before the fight. You want Swordboy out of the picture? Either way I can put some pressure on the scales but I need some fucking orders."
"Someone, Anyone. Please."
Mavi spreads his hands helplessly.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 03:11:01 pm by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2017, 02:38:30 pm »

Helga nods without hesitation and turns to Alric.  "Snap decision, then.  You stepping forth?  You have six seconds to decide, or I'll warn him anyway."

Helga nods to Orzo to disregard the last order and get ready to move.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2017, 02:41:18 pm »

Hardick grimaces as he approaches the castle, his honor guard marching close besides him as he nears the gates. It wasn't fashionable to arrive this late, and its likely that no one would accpect flooded roads in Manafell as an excuse. Still, he was here now and his claim was strong.

He gives a nod to the castle guards and shows them the seal of the af Silfverstolpe. "I am Count Hardic af Silfverstolpe, count of Manafell and Blood of the Nordic Kings. I wish to be announced to the court so I may place my claim."
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 27, 2017, 02:42:02 pm »

Even after the sword was sheathed magic hummed in the air. It appeared as though Luwald was so taken aback that he had inadvertently began drawing his power. His hands glowed with the energy, and he looked like an animal who's first instinct was to fight rather than flee. After a moment he realized what he was unconsciously doing and made the visual effort to dismiss his power and compose himself.

The sword is indeed powerful, I can see why now why you believe it to be one of the swords of lore. Too so is the angel one of power. Assuming that it is indeed the voice we just heard. I am split wondering which would be easier, forging a powerful sword with the assistance of a demon, or actually coming across one of the divine blades. Truly it is a question for the scholars. Luwald pauses to think for a moment. I do not sense evil in you nor the sword, though I cannot speak one way to its validity or impossibility. I will accompany you to the Grandmaster, his judgement will illuminate our path. If he finds you and your sword to be of truth and light, then in me you will have a strong ally. Though I warn you, if evil is your deeper nature, you will not find any mercy among myself and my religion. 

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 27, 2017, 02:56:17 pm »

Falsktnafn bows his head.

"My thanks, Archmage. Please lead the way."

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 27, 2017, 02:59:21 pm »

Astralia acknowledges the actuality that a artifact of this such power, provided great merit to a person, but the question is if the artifact is so wonderous, than determining if it was given through a holy, or unholy, purpose is the most important knowledge that needed to be known.
Astralia collects herself in her own cognition processing, and proceeds to speak to the Archmage and Swordholder.

"Ah yes, your all going to meet the Grandmaster, the ultimate decider in the next king, I would presume. But indeed of such power could fall in either side of the morality coin, let's all just hope that this angel you speak of who given you this sword is the true being you speak of. You both seem to have some sort of interest in being the king, let's hope their arrises no conflict between you two. But allow me to tag-along to the Grandmaster, and show him of my own merit as well

tag-along with the Archmage and Swordholder, to the Grandmaster

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 27, 2017, 04:20:37 pm »

Grab onto the spear, rip it from the Guards Hands, knock him out with it. Go for my sword, or if the boy has run off for one of the guards swords.

Go into the direction that treacherous little cheat has escaped towards, i am not going to leave here with a bounty on my head for resisting being falsely imprisoned. Hope to the gods above that i run into someone sufficiently important to get those guards off my ass.

snip

[8 vs 11 - fail] You try to fight the spearman bare-handed, but he knocks you away, pushing you against the wall. You trade few blows with him while dodgin his stabs as you are pushed down the corridor and away from the servant or the court man. The guard's colleagues are just around the corner and you can see the situation is against you.
[7 vs 6 - slight success] In the corner of your eye however, you hear whispers beckoning you away from the guards. You are sure you might get imprisoned at best, killed at worst, but this is an occasion you won't get again if you want to break away from the fight.

"I am Count Hardic af Silfverstolpe, count of Manafell and Blood of the Nordic Kings. I wish to be announced to the court so I may place my claim."

You entry is unbarred by anyone and you are afforded free entry and interaction with anyone within the castle.

The Grandmaster

You are lead into the private chambers behind the chapel, usually reserved for the top clerics of the court. On this occasion, the Grandmaster Pyoraxis took them as his official place of rest and deliberation while the politics raged outside.

The staff-armed novices let you through to the solar, where a wizened man was resting in front of a burning fireplace. Despite the rich robes that buried him up to his neck, his face seemed small, with wizened features but sharp, almost piercing eyes. A wreath of white hair crowned his head, while skin on his bare chin was stretched almost painfully so over pronounced cheekbones. Age did little to dim the fire that burned in Pyoraxis' soul however.

"Ah, so finally come to me, Lu." Grandmaster stretches his hand out, with his ring on it for respects to be paid. "I was hoping to see you about the claim, but it appears Lord's works is already done." he smiled, turning to others. "Constantine, my son. I heard much about you. Pure hearts are far and few, but don't let that dim your fire." The inquisitive stare of the old man turns to Astralia. "You too, child will serve a greater purpose. Your thirst for knowledge will bring about many a thing. Make sure these are good things."

When he looks at the last person in the group, he goes silent for a moment, sizing him up and down, contemplating something as he did so. "Is that the fellow, Lu? I can't quite place my finger on what it is about him that nudges me ever so slightly..."

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 27, 2017, 04:24:22 pm »

Alric took it all in as he went, staying silent through the exchange between the servant and the crone. Too many unknowns. They were hesitating; he was, too, in truth. Part of him halfway wished the intruder stepped into the hallway with a blade drawn and made the choice for all of them. Fuck this.

"Diventrade. Stay with the baroness and ensure her protection; you can take a few guards for that purpose. Helga, send people to rally the guard and arrest this madman. Keep our good Mavi alive too, if you can."

He placed a hand on the handle of his sword, at his side. Never drawn for more than sparring, came the thought, and he suppressed it. He did not draw it now, either; only fools ran with bared blades if they could avoid it.

"I'll take care of the lad."

And with that, he took off.

Alric tracks down the Swordholder to warn him some barbarian is loose in the castle, looking to kill him. He will ensure his protection if need be. If he runs into the barbarian but the man doesn't seem to be an immediate threat, he will talk to him before doing anything rash (especially if no guards are nearby).

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 27, 2017, 04:31:36 pm »

Rargh, bloody bastard.

Make a run for it if i run into a random guard knock him out and steal his weapon, by this point any weapon.

[/b]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:38:13 pm by Ghazkull »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2017, 04:36:19 pm »

Yes Grandmaster, I thought it would be best if I made a claim. To guide this nation back towards the ideology of Ilos and righteousness. Now however it seems a powerful artifact has appeared, perhaps guided by an angel. This I cannot ignore. So I bring you this Swordbearer for you to judge his true intentions. 

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 27, 2017, 06:45:23 pm »

"Bah, no fun.  Alarum, alarum!  A madman loose in the castle!  Orzo, with me.  Let's gather some troops."

Helga moves to gather soldiers, primarily to defend herself, but also to arrest Domnall.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 27, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »

The castle is in a state of goddamn anarchy. Hardick grimaces and draws his sword, his guards doing the same. He wasn't the best at being a warrior, but thats what he had men for.
"Stick close to me, stop anyone who charges at us. I'm going to find out what the hell is going on here."

Make my what to the main meeting room of the castle without getting stabbed by some asshole
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 28, 2017, 03:33:21 am »

"Kneel Before The Master Of Fire, And Receive His Blessing"

Falsktnafn Svertharmathur drops to one knee and bows his head.

"Your holiness. I apologise for disturbing you, yet the will of god drives me forwards. Many years ago, I was humbled in the glorious presence of an angel. Three things it granted me: knowledge, a quest, and this sword."
Removing it from his hip, he presented it, still in its scabbard.
"Yet my quest has not been easy. Ever am I beset by those who doubt my words, even when faced with the divine. So, for the second time in my life, I kneel before a messenger of god, and ask for guidance."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15