Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15

Author Topic: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 353LL - Spring  (Read 12240 times)

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 352LL
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2017, 11:24:44 am »

Alric ate in the kitchens, as promised, spending some time listening to the gossip even once he was done, to ensure Mavi would be done with his meeting with the Dog Rose before he got his own in. His pace was unusually brisk as he headed to her rooms after that - not many men went to speak with that one without being the slightest bit nervous. Not many men fond of life and its many wonders, in any case, came a grim thought as he approached the guard at the door.

"Orzo, is it? I'd like to speak with your mistress, please, concerning... Well, the usual affairs."

Spoiler: Log (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:30:21 pm by Shootandrun »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2017, 11:30:54 am »

"The Priest Will Not Waver."

The Swordholder regards the archmage, then his guide. Best to let the knight open this conversation.
Long Live United Forenia!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 26, 2017, 11:33:09 am »

With a shrug, Mavi whilstles more guards together, and flees.
He was much too busy after all.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 26, 2017, 02:52:00 pm »

Constantine bowed deeply. 'My apologies, Archmage. I am Constantine, Master of the Knights Resplendent. I would not disturb your preparations if the matter was not important.'

He gestured at the Swordholder. 'Archmage, I believe this man could be blessed by Ilos - that he may very well possess the Sacred Flame. If there is any truth to what he claims, the future of the nation might rest upon his shoulders as well. He must be seen by the Grandmaster before the ceremonies. I cannot rest until I know the truth. I will wait as long as necessary.'
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 26, 2017, 05:59:14 pm »

Upon being announced Luwald went to converse with the attending members of the priesthood and pray with them for the success of the nation.

"Oh, Luwald, it's you." An unamused archmage regards you as you enter the chapel within the castle. You recognize him as your erstwhile rival from novitiate times, Aristachos. "I thought your noble blood wouldn't stand to carry out some actual ritual duties?"

"Drop It Ari, it's unbecoming, of all the places," he is chided by another man in a resplendent red robes. Another of your sacred Circle, Archmage Saphrax. "Just because he decided to retain his birth name, as unorthodox as it is, doesn't mean he's less devoted. Besides, Pyoraxis expects him."

The men in red robes find their places behind pews situated to face the altar, where the Grandmaster stood before the magnificent statue of a man who beamed with golden flames emanating from around him, wearing a golden helmet with both of his arms stretched upwards.
Pyoraxis, despite wearing red and gold that surpassed all of the robes in the room, himself did not impress anyone with statue, bent with age and small, as he stood flanked by several novices dressed in red leather with iron staves.

"May the Light of the Lord enlighten us all," The Grandmaster begun, "and may the Sacred Flame embrace our souls in His service."

"May it burn eternally" the gathered replied in unison.

You join the chants and feel the warmth of your God fill your soul and burn away any deceit and doubt. In this moment of clarity you know that your choice is as simple as the consequences you will face - service to people or service to Ilos, one power gained and other lost. 

Alric wanders the castle, speaking to his acquaintances, making good first impressions and investigating the day's gossip. He attempts to find out who intends to claim the throne.

[5+2 - weak success] You quickly go over the more important personages of the castle and divine that rumors point to one solid candidate from among the older nobility - Lord Baemund of Greenbrook. Known as bastards of the frist Nordric kings, they have grown into powerful lords of the west fold of the country, rallying minors and various bannermen to his cause. Whomever is going to become the king will have to best him to solidify their claim.

Intrigue? Action: Forge a bloodline for Falkstnafn in the form of 'secret love letters' and a 'small grant of land for our little union's future' to make a case for Falkstnafn's father to be a certain licentious baronet, giving him a tenuous claim to being part of the lineage of Harmondale.  Just close enough to count as a possible legitimate successor, but far enough away to be hard to disprove.

[9+2 - success] The claims in question and the story are solid enough and seem hard to backtrace. While Falkstanfn would appear to be one of the many who claims royal blood, no one would think twice about the claim being serious as to hold weight in itself. It should clear up any legal questions regarding nobility or validity of the candidacy, if any arise however.

Take the Swordholder to Grandmaster Pyoraxis. No delays, no diversions.

You do so. A man in resplendent red robes decorated with tongues of fire on the rims of the cloth blocks your path. His name is Luwald Armiles.

If the guards and Mavi resist, knock them out, take back my sword, put them back into the servants room and lock them in...after binding them up. Then leave for the main hall. I've got business to attend to.

[8v9 - weak loss] You resist and give a hard knocking to one of the guards, who falls unconscious to the ground. However, the other one jumps straight at you and points his spear at you while crying for reinforcements. You have a chance to flee, or face an extended fight with castle guard. The panicked servant is still there with your weapon to hand, frozen with fear against the wall.

With a shrug, Mavi whilstles more guards together, and flees.
He was much too busy after all.

You run away from the mad Nordan man. So much for high politics with him.

Basically, block anyone from getting to the Grand Master through bureaucromancy.

You stand face to face with what looks like a Nordan man and an southern knight. The falsity of your made-up pretense burns at you ever so slightly, but you assure yourself it is for a good cause. You also hear a commotion not too far from you in the corridors down from you.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:33:55 am by Ardas »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 26, 2017, 10:15:47 pm »

Mavi strides briskly through the halls, muttering under his breath. Too many possible outcomes, too many possible reasons. He barrels along to the room which Lady Gertasdottir had commandeered, briskly beckoning to Alric and barging through the door.

"You have a very serious problem and about ten seconds to decide how to solve it."
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 27, 2017, 04:21:52 am »

Grab onto the spear, rip it from the Guards Hands, knock him out with it. Go for my sword, or if the boy has run off for one of the guards swords.

This, is not how i wanted to do any of this. Domnall began muttering to himself. He was angry and quite a bit afraid. The last thing he needed was a bounty on his head, which that southern snake was sure to provide if he ever simply left the castle.

Go into the direction that treacherous little cheat has escaped towards, i am not going to leave here with a bounty on my head for resisting being falsely imprisoned. Hope to the gods above that i run into someone sufficiently important to get those guards off my ass.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 27, 2017, 10:40:11 am »

Constantine bowed deeply. 'My apologies, Archmage. I am Constantine, Master of the Knights Resplendent. I would not disturb your preparations if the matter was not important.'

He gestured at the Swordholder. 'Archmage, I believe this man could be blessed by Ilos - that he may very well possess the Sacred Flame. If there is any truth to what he claims, the future of the nation might rest upon his shoulders as well. He must be seen by the Grandmaster before the ceremonies. I cannot rest until I know the truth. I will wait as long as necessary.'

Luwald was quiet for a moment. Then his eyes narrowed. Such a development would greatly change Luwalds position, if the Flame had appeared, he may no longer need to be the one who alligned the church with the crown. If what you say is true, I would gladly allow you to see the Grandmaster. In fact, I would endorse you to him personally. However, I doubt you even know the story of the Sacred Flame, much less posses it. If what you say is true, it should be no matter for you to regale me with the story of the Flame, and how you came to find it. Not to mention the sword itself, which I'm sure you must have on your person if you're so desperate to meet my master.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:42 am »

The Swordholder regards Luwald for a moment.

"I have spoken with a number of priests and scholars. I have heard several potential names for the blade. Sacred Flame was one of them. It does not burn with red fire like in the pictures, nor did I receive it as I lay dying in the snow. It was handed to me by an angel, however, and I did receive a holy quest."
He lifts the sword, still in its scabbard, and holds it before him.
"Would you like to inspect the blade yourself?"

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 27, 2017, 11:43:06 am »

Luwald eyes the sword, calculating. There are a variety of stories concerning divine blades in the history texts of the Cult. Though conflicting writings and embellishments are often common. I would indeed like a demonstration. And I ask you, swordbearer, what is the name of the Angel who guides your quest?

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 27, 2017, 11:55:29 am »

Astralia missed the commotion caused by the compatriots of this meeting, as she saw the Archmage attend his own affairs and she was studying her own acquired collection of magic books. She was finally finished with the quick analyzation of her books about runes and other complicated formulas and processes, and being stumbled for the last of hopefully any other time. She enter in the way the Archmage left in.

"You are still a connoisseur of magical knowledge I'd presume, and I have magical books and their needed requisite reagents, I see that you have no entourage or people who help you, even as a established Archmage. I would like to trade the knowledge of these books for my assigned apprenticeship to your magical arts.

Astralia than sees the swordholder with the ancient blade with the surrounded runes preparing to perform a demonstration, and the communication between the Archmage and this man.

"Why greetings, fellow... warrior. That blades you have acquired, seem rather mystical. I do imagine the guess of this King Summit have already spoken about how you have gained such an artifact, but their is no need to tell the story to me, as we all spend our lifetimes finding our own personal artifacts. My name is Astralia by the way, what's your?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:58:03 am by Shadowclaw777 »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 27, 2017, 12:04:26 pm »

Ah Lady Astralia, I'm sorry I got distracted by the commotion. I would gladly help you come to understand the knowledge contained within these texts and would gladly take you as an apprentice. Though your offer to support me may become unnecessary, depending on this sword demonstration.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 27, 2017, 12:10:48 pm »

The Swordholder draws his sword. As the runes clear the scabbard, they light up, bright as a burning torch, and an ethereal humming comes from the metal. Several people turn to stare.

Witness The Light Of God, the blade says, and it becomes difficult to draw the eyes away.

"Seven years ago, I received this blade", the Swordholder says, his voice louder, more commanding than before.

We Prepared For Seven Years For This Day, the sword adds, along with a feeling of perseverance, growth, and determination.

"It was a servant of god who gave me my quest and blade."

He Has Been Touched By An Angel, the sword agrees.

"They were more beautiful than I can explain, and their nature is not easily defined."

Angels Do Not Conform To Your Standards, and one starts to feel vaguely guilty for daring to restrict divinity even in your mind.

"But if I were to name them, I would call them ULTIO."

It Which Delivers Holy Vengeance, the sword expands.

Falsktnafn sheathes the sword again, and merciful silence returns.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:00 pm »

"Satiate The Alchemist's Curiosity."

The Swordholder turns to Astralia.

"Sorry. I didn't see you there. My name is Svertharmathur. Falsktnafn Svertharmathur. I swear this by my sword."
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 12:20:30 pm by NUKE9.13 »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 27, 2017, 12:28:53 pm »

Astralia was somewhat memorized by the magical energy that surround the sword but quickly concentrated and used her selective attention on the swordholder, responding to demonstration with a quite curious tone.

"Quite a interesting artifact you have acquired their, a relic from the gods as you claim. I'm not saying that it wasn't, it has the mystical energy within it's essence, and the surrounding aura of a ancient weapon of the past so that claim has the high potential to actually be accurate. You may see that I have also acquired anomalies throughout my young life, just alchemical reagents and complex books. Nothing as potent and captivating as yours. I have most of my life in realism and have spend the time of watching battles from afar. I may ask one question though, if you believe you should be a king, does that sword give you enough claim to the throne compared to others with the blood of royals or even the landed elite?"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15