Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 353LL - Spring  (Read 12234 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 352LL
« Reply #60 on: September 26, 2017, 06:30:05 am »

Depends if you know how to hold it

Answered with the same dry humor.

The Problem is an entirely different one here...one and while i am sure yonder gentlemen are trusty fellows...

Domnall makes an expansive gesture which includes all the guards around them.

...is best spoken of in private.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 26, 2017, 06:31:51 am »

Constantine was waiting for their mystery claimant outside the Dog Rose's door. His expression betrayed the slightest trace of irritation.

'I was beginning to think you did not wish to see the Grandmaster, after all. I'm glad to see I was mistaken. A productive meeting, no doubt? Now to the Grandmaster, no? There are questions that need answering.'

Take the Swordholder to Grandmaster Pyoraxis. No delays, no diversions.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 26, 2017, 06:37:05 am »

Mavi rubs his eyes. "First a mystery king, and now a mystery-man with mystery news about said mystery king.". He stands, sips at the flask with a wince and hands it back, before moving down the stairs, notably away from the gate.  "Coming?"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 07:02:55 am by Tack »
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 26, 2017, 07:31:12 am »

"Oh believe me, i know that feeling all too well." He follows the Southerner apprehensively.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 26, 2017, 07:38:55 am »

Soon he is led to a servant's quarters against the wall. With the festivities of the day, it's a ghost town. Mavi motions him inside a communal room and sits at a table.
"If I had more time I would give it to you, but unfortunately today time is in high demand. Start talking."
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 26, 2017, 09:41:57 am »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 26, 2017, 09:45:14 am »

Mavi hurried along to the gates of the hall
"First, we need your weapons. No negotiation.."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 26, 2017, 09:48:38 am »

Without further comment, Domnall hands over his sword.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 26, 2017, 10:05:02 am »

"Excellent." He waves over a nearby servant. "Take this and store it with the others. Then, I need a messenger boy heading north immediately. I need to know everything there is to know about a dead runesmith, a man named 'Falsktnafn', last name unknown, and a mercenary called..."
He looks over at the man expectantly.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 26, 2017, 10:07:44 am »

Domnall mac Ghabhain. Son of Ghabhain the Runesmith. My client.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 26, 2017, 10:16:19 am »

"My apologies for your people's loss."
He turns back to the servant.
"Right, find a man of letters and get that written up. Go, now."

He whistles towards the gate, and the two extra guards from earlier come forward.
Mavi mops his brow. "Domnall mac Ghabhain, I am officially... technically, holding you on suspicion of attempted Regicide. Pregicide. Whatever."
"It's not a real charge, but trying to murder myself or the guards would be. I'd advise you not to resist."

((Edit: Changed 'sentence' to 'charge'. Minor syntax fixes))
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:19:35 am by Tack »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 26, 2017, 10:32:35 am »

And why would i not resist? Give me one good reason apart from those two weaklings to not strangle you were you stand for trying to imprison me. You have no evidence of anything, or any true charge and me killing those two guards and you would hold up anywhere as self-defense. Be careful little man, do not underestimate me because i am a Northerner.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 26, 2017, 10:40:18 am »

Mavi blinks, nonplussed. "Whilst I would sincerely love to explain what 'self defense' is, and the context in which it applies, I have a very important meeting which I could already be late to. Let's just say, I need you staying in one place for now, and especially not doing anything... drastic. This is due entirely to me not underestimating you."
He backs away, keeping an eye on Domnall. "Take him to the tower, not the dungeon. He still has a part to play in this mess."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 26, 2017, 10:44:57 am »

Domnall sighs.

I told you little man i have no time for games. I have my duty and i assume you have yours if you try to stop me here. You have one of two choices now, you give me back my sword and help me with my plan, or i will knock those guards heads in and yours too and lock you in that servants room you put me in earlier and do it myself. Am i clear?

If the guards and Mavi resist, knock them out, take back my sword, put them back into the servants room and lock them in...after binding them up. Then leave for the main hall. I've got business to attend to.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:47:46 am by Ghazkull »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2017, 11:05:23 am »

In praying with the Grandmaster and other servants of the cult, Lu had missed much of the action. However, it seems that someone was desperately trying to reach the grandmaster before the ceremony could begin. His intrigue piqued, Luwald intercepted the two gentlemen before they could reach the sanctum. After all, to barge into the cult's preparations for this event would be... uncouth.

Blocking their path, both literally and figuratively, Luwald stood as a member of the cult's bureaucracy preventing the rather shabby looking swordsman and a rather well furnished knight resplendent from disturbing the Grand Master. Already had they trudged by and disturbed several lower members of the cult, and their presence among the priests was conspicuous at best.

Gentlemen, I am archmage Luwald Armiles. I'm sorry, but the grandmaster is preparing for the ceremony and is not accepting visitors at this time. As I'm almost certain you know, the future of the nation rests on his decision, and he must reflect deeply on the will of Ilos in order to find guidance in this time. Unless it is an emergency, I cannot let you disrupt preparation for the kingsmoot.

Basically, block anyone from getting to the Grand Master through bureaucromancy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:20:01 am by Roboson »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15