Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15

Author Topic: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 353LL - Spring  (Read 12230 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: You are King! - Crown of the North [IC]: Year 352LL
« Reply #105 on: September 29, 2017, 10:28:21 am »

Mavi finds himself standing in an empty room suddenly empty of all life. He considers the possibility of simply locking himself inside, but ruefully has to leave that idea where it lay.

Doubtless his assistant had been run off her feet for the last hour due to his skipping off to play politics, and with the casual appearance of a psychotic bounty hunter it was almost certain that the events of the day were falling apart even faster than before. He wondered if the bell-boy was still awaiting the message from the grandmaster calling the moot, or if the servants at the gate were still managing the crowds.
Time to get back to work. Although... he wonders aloud if he could be forgiven for temporarily donning a gambeson.

Kick the castle staff back into some semblance of order
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 30, 2017, 09:00:03 pm »

Astralia sees the truth to the grandeur of the kingdom, with the most respected person compared to almost all. She stands firmly and watches Swordholder make his bow of respect and venerate the Grand Master. And with the Archmage also trying to withhold his own claim and support

"The challenge of the authority of seems like such resource-intensive to even wasteful effort, so much time and wealth to initiate, all for the intent to find the "True King". All I may state, is that to the candidate to each their own, hopefully, all of you are worthy of the throne. Let us hope not Pride or Egotism is within your intent."

Generally watch the events unfold, with a focus on the discussion between the Swordholder and Grandmaster

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 03, 2017, 07:14:57 am »

While the Moot devolved into utter chaos, another Northerner remained calm, sitting in the main hall with many of the other musicians. He watched guards rush hither and dither, panicked servants run around like headless chicken and the artists slowly make for the exits.

Oblivious to the general mood he quietly strung his lute, tuning it to the sound of people trampling about and eventually began to strum out a low melody. After a moment he added his voice to it:

Oh i come from a land, from a faraway place
where the wooly rams do roam

Where its hilly and dense
and the fog is intense
It's babaric, but hey, it's home,

When the winds from east and the snows from the west
and the muck in the swamp is right,
Come on high stop on by
get a tankard of rye
to another Nordrician night

Nordirician nights, like Nordrician days,
More often than not are wetter than wet
in a lot of good ways

Nordrician nights, 'neath Nordrician moons
a fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there in the moors

As he strummed out the closing notes, he looked up and saw that the hall had emptied out.

"No appreciation of good culture these days..." he shrugged and began playing the notes to the next song.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2017, 03:18:53 pm »

In the Grandmaster's solar...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Kick the castle staff back into some semblance of order

[7] You manage to get hold of the staff, barely so. The guards kick servants into place, some of the retinues obey your words and order the courtyards and calm their lords. Well, as much as they would dare to do so.

Helga moves to gather soldiers, primarily to defend herself, but also to arrest Domnall.

Make a run for it if i run into a random guard knock him out and steal his weapon, by this point any weapon.

[7v2] As Domnall tries to make his way out of the castle, the shouts of a chief servant and one lordly retinue home in most of the armed men on him. He struggles as he is swarmed, but without weapons to hand, he is apprehended and led to Helga. Her retinue makes sure that the capture is kept discreet from the castle staff.

Alric tracks down the Swordholder to warn him some barbarian is loose in the castle, looking to kill him. He will ensure his protection if need be. If he runs into the barbarian but the man doesn't seem to be an immediate threat, he will talk to him before doing anything rash (especially if no guards are nearby).

You direct your steps to the chapel of Ilos amidst shouts that are quickly dying down, but before you are allowed entry into the holy place by the staff-armed novices, you see the swordbearer and an archmage, followed by a woman exit. It would appear the man in question is in front of you.

Make my what to the main meeting room of the castle without getting stabbed by some asshole

There is little of chaos that you actually witness, and you enter the main hall. The place is full of tables and talk, with the chief place of throne and the raised dais occupied by the gathered archmages. They seem to be keeping the order of the proceedings in the place, while the nobles deliberate at the tables.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 03:24:53 pm by Ardas »

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2017, 04:16:26 pm »

Mavi bustles up suddenly, a padded jacket awkwardly thrown over his fine server's garb.

"I.. We've... had some disturbances, my lord. Forgive my appearance. Your livery would show you to be the newly sworn Count of Silfverstolpe? I am honoured to have been graced with your presence today, and with such remarkable timing."
He bows deeply. "I hope your journey was not overly fraught?"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:18:01 pm by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2017, 04:29:55 pm »

Hardrick taps the captain of his guards on the shoulder. "Bjorn, take the men and help restore order to the castle, make damn sure my sigil is visible. Build up some goodwill for me."

With that he jumps up on a table and spreads his arms wide, getting the attention of everyone in the room.
"Friends, Harmonians , Northmen, countrymen! Lend me your ears, for I have much need of them. This great hall, home to the august nobility of Harmondale, the kingdom where the blood of the North runs truest, is in chaos! Violent men work at dark deeds here, and would seek to bring ruin to our meeting. They are likely spies from the other kingdoms, jealous of our strength and wisdom, or the brutish Orcs, come to sow chaos and make us live in fear. As the great sages used to say: 'the state of the kingdom can be guessed by looking at the king' and by how we run about in this great fortress, afeared of murder, an outsider would say the kingdom is much the same. But they would be fools then! We have come not to bury King Luowin, but to praise and from the ashes of his deathbed help him rise like a phoenix anew! For great kings never truly die, they live in the hearts of their successors forever more! I humbly submit myself to you, masters of the kingdom, to allow me to be his vessel. I know I am unworthy, only some of my blood is of the Northern Kings. I know that my skill at speaking is not as great as the Sage Leavinus, nor is my sword arm as strong as the great heroes of old, but I have heard many calls for someone to sit the throne. There has been rumor in my own court that I would be the best one, and to dispel those rumors I come here to be judged. I will take whatever is given and honor the decision. May Ilos guide your votes and help you pick the best candidate."

After the speech he gets down off the damn table and speaks to Mavi. "Yes, that is me. The journey was quiet, if overly muddy. The river floods far too much in this season."
Have my guards go around and help the clergy keep order, providing a very public view of my power and me helping out. Also give a big dumb long speech in order to gain votes.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:39:40 pm by mcclay »
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2017, 05:01:30 pm »

Seeing as the mater of the authenticity of the sword has been addressed, I feel it is my duty to withdraw my claim to the throne. I made the claim because the state very well needs the guidance of the church in these harrowing times. Yet such a divine omen cannot be ignored. May we soon become friends Swordbearer. For now, it appears there is yet some time before the kingsmoot will commince. Come Lady Astralia, show me these texts which interest you so.

Exit stage left. Read the spellbooks.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2017, 07:17:29 pm »

"You may be the Archmage, and I may be such a humble artificer of reagents, however, I am a more well-thought and analytical one. I desire to first see a demonstration of your magical talent before we can join with this agreement. You seem to have such a high position, that experiencing power from the arcane, just like the runesword, that I shall want to see this power in action. Before, I agree for an apprenticeship"

Request a Magical Demonstration from Archmage Lu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2017, 10:12:41 pm »

If it will bring you into the light as my apprentice, so be it. The fire burns away the darkness and the light shines on the truth.

As Lu said these words his hands burst into flame. He held them up, turned them over, and waved them a round a bit, mostly to emphasize the silliness of forcing an archmage to demonstrate that they can do magic.

Satisfied?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 05, 2017, 01:33:10 am »

Master Constantine took in the display of power and the Grandmaster's words in silence. He could not entirely conceal his pride at being spoken of so highly by the wizened old mage-priest. Before the Swordholder could disappear once more, Constantine placed an arm on his and spoke softly.

'So we do not have the full truth yet. Even so... it is clear you have a great destiny before you. Perhaps Ilos Himself led you to me. I would be honored, sir, if you would allow me to join and advise you upon that path. You would have the Knights Resplendent at your right hand, and what wisdom I can give at your ear.'

He did not say what was best left unsaid: that if the Swordholder proved himself corrupt or false, after all, none would be there faster to end him than the Knights. Perhaps some of it carried through in the Master's intense gaze. He let go and waited for the man's answer.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 05, 2017, 02:09:12 am »

"Indeed, I recall your family visited very infrequently when you were younger. My deepest condolences for their loss."
"If I may be permitted an introduction- I am Mavi Diventrade, master of the Hall and humble servant of the King. Anything you need, I am here to serve."

Await word of either the Challenger's defusal or potentially where he's been taken, based on the success of my network.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:52:28 pm by Tack »

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 05, 2017, 06:43:00 am »

Falsktnafn smiles warmly at the knight's words.

"I am honoured by your faith in me, Constantine. My destiny sets a difficult path before me, and I would gladly have you by my side as I move forward."

He listens to nothing for a moment.

"And, in time, I shall repay your kindness, by recovering the Banners Resplendent from the orcish troves where they lie."

"The Landless Shall Bring A Warning"

As the Swordholder exits the chapel, he notices Alric staring at him.

"Do you seek the Swordholder? If so, you have found him."

((Edit: forgot to capitalise the first letter of each word in the angelquote))
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:29:16 pm by NUKE9.13 »
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 05, 2017, 12:55:40 pm »

Alric blinked. Traveller's gear and unremarkable looks, but not quite a lad. He had expected less, and more. Certainly, nothing about the man seemed to make him into even a half-decent candidate for kingship... Of course, he had yet to see the blade. No matter. Focus. He spoke easily, with a calm that belied his recent run.

"I do, and it seems I have. My name is Alric Falbrand, sir; I believe we are related, however distantly. Without wanting to alarm you," and a smile twitched at his lips there, "your life may be in danger."

"A northerner has entered the castle a short while ago, demanding to see you. Though the report on the matter was slightly... Confused, it appears he intended to fight you for that blade of yours."
He glanced around, calmly, and then back at the young man: "While he has evidently not managed to reach you, I believe you should stay under guard until he is confirmed to have been apprehended."

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 05, 2017, 01:28:12 pm »

The Swordholder considers the news. After a moment, he nods.

"There Will Be A Challenger", he quotes, a strange echo to his voice.

"I am afraid that it is destiny that the man confront me, Falbrand. Perhaps the presence of guards will prevent regrettable violence from erupting, however- I have no desire to fight this northerner. Nor is my blade one to be won or lost in a duel."

"I must now visit the great hall, to announce my candidacy. I trust that it is sufficiently full of guards to prevent madmen from assaulting anyone. Unless there was anything else you wished to speak of?"
Long Live United Forenia!

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 05, 2017, 02:27:52 pm »

"We can walk and talk." Alric spoke with a disarming smile, even as he moved to the man's side.
 "Nothing I wish to discuss with you is strictly secret, but all of it is entirely political, I'm afraid. I'm certain a would-be king understands the necessity for privacy concerning that kind of topic - I hope you will not mind?" A pointed glance towards Constantine, there, though his expression was softened by a slightly apologetic look meant for the knight himself.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 15