Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Minigods IC  (Read 1711 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Minigods IC
« on: September 23, 2017, 12:45:01 pm »

Some gods are omniscient omnipresent divine beings of unimaginable power, their will can raise worlds and smash them to bits with only a few mere thoughts. You are not one of these gods. Most gods are tiny specks of divine power which happened to coalesce into a sentient form. Small, weak, short lived, and inconsequential. Fading back into nothingness after only a few moments of life. You are not one of these gods. You find yourself somewhere in the middle, you have power, but you are weak and starving. You need sustenance and without it, soon you will fade back into the aether...

Glediess found them self on a large island. Beyond that island was a shallow sea, never so deep that one could not reach the bottom. Other islands could be seen dotting the area, stretching onwards to the horizon. Their island seemed to be dominated by a small pack of bullfrogbaboons. They hop as their main mode of transportation and use their powerful legs to jump into the branches of trees in search of nuts and insects. They seem emaciated, as if they weren't finding enough food. You too find yourself hungry.

Tri-Tirr awakens inside a burrow fit perfectly for him. He can sense dozens of other burrows, much smaller, nearby. As dawn breaks, the signs of life fade as the small red lizards travel out to hunt small insects during the day. You feel a similar desire rising within you, the day is yours, it's time to hunt.

Blusius finds himself in a small cave, deep in the back. Further towards the surface he senses a pack of small canine creatures. As night falls, the canines leave the cave as a pack to hunt for food. They consist mostly of females, but two males are also included in the pack. It seems as though they have difficulty finding enough food. The island is decently sized, but finding enough food may be difficult for a creature which cannot swim.

Nexmex Nemetia awakens in a shallow sea as light breaks over through the water. The light stirs the water and live begins to dart out from inbetween the rocks. As little creatures begin looking for food, other creatures begin looking for those little creatures. Tentacled red and black creatures slither through the water looking for food and and sustenance.  Nexmex too begins moving, almost unconsciously, looking for food and power. Oddly his vision is blocked, there are weird areas where the water goes shallow and then stops. What lays beyond that, it's impossible to say.

Herba finds a warmth spread over him, the darkness disappears, though it is impossible to tell from Herba's perspective. Warmth spreads over Herba and they begin to feel satiated. Small tiny grey wormy creatures climb all over Herba, nibbling on his extremities and and consuming him for sustenance. Life is quiet and easy for Herba, with nothing to see, or hear, or smell, or otherwise interpret. Only a little bit of divine sense gives Herba a window into the outside world.

Deepthought awakens in a shallow pool of water. Tiny similar creatures also inhabit the same pool, dozens and dozens of them. They eat tiny bits of plants and algae, and have little to fear and little to worry for. Only occasionally a predator makes its way to the pond, perhaps in search of water, but the resulting disturbance is utter chaos for the tiny beings that live here. A small stream leads leisurely out of the pond, though it seems any that get sucked down that path fail to swim back against the current. Deepthough is many times larger than the smaller creatures, and finds himself in the mud at the bottom of the pond. Little amphibians crawl across him and tickle his flesh. A pang of hunger strikes deepthought, it seems that he is not immune to hunger, and the diet of the tiny salamanders would not satisfy Deepthough.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
Re: Minigods IC
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 12:54:04 pm »

Herba began to develop delicious fruits.

The small wormy creature's diet would consist of these delicious fruits.

((am I doing anything wrong?))

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 12:58:47 pm »

Deem the wolf species Ximus, and observe their habits. Find out what exactly they are eating, including their preferred prey species and any plants they consume. Then, probe the shallow waters around the island to figure out if any other species are present.

In the meantime, strengthen the Ximus' sense of smell, allowing them to track and find their prey more effectively.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 01:30:47 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 01:57:11 pm »

I Mentally "Name" the tentacled ones the Semenitia
I modify the Semenitia so as to have improved vision.
I attempt to produce a type of fast-growing coral which may be edible to prey creatures.
I Seek food.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 02:29:16 pm »

Life is good, but Tri-Tirr sees potential. He will change his lizards.

Instead of digging new burrows when needed, they create a permanent dugout for them and their mate, and defend a small patch of territory around it. (With established territory, thier food supply should become more stable, and security is only ever a quick dash away. This should allow a basis for more complex social interactions too, with intra-species competition possible as they fight over territories.) 

But Tri-Tirr is curious. He is interested not just in his lizards, but in the rest of the world as well.

He makes a small species of mouse. They eat the grasses that grow on the island, and hide under leaf litter when threatened. They have sleek brown fur. They grow to about 5 inches.

Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2017, 06:43:16 pm »

Glediess sees her children and is saddened by their feebleness, perhaps if they had access to more food The would thrive, perhaps this would allow her to thrive as well.

And thus she begins reshaping her children, their nostrils move upwards, their torsos take on a more rounded shape and webbing sprouts between the digits of their hands, lastly their coats become oily and water replant.(The idea is that this will allow at least some of them to cross to the other islands.

With her children's need taken care of she turns to her own in annoyance,  like those of her flash returns to the sea for new sustenance defines a species of kelp that grows in the warm shallow waters, she breeds some of her essence into this kelp  it's promtly forms  Golden fruits brimming with the magical energy, if  The spread there should be enough energy in the shallow seas surrounding the islands sustain even a weak God, or so she reckons.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2017, 07:35:44 pm »

Deepthought pondered deeply upon the hunger that he faced, and came to the simple conclusion: There is not enough plant life to support both himself and his flock, therefore more food must become available.

Evolve the olms (...Yes, my creatures are basically olms. Adorable little things huh?) to be omnivorous, able to digest insects and smaller sea based creatures.

Create a plethora of insect based life, suited to living in and around the little pond, all in an effort to expand the food available to feed the olmish populations.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2017, 08:44:45 pm »

Under the midday sun, the Infested Mother awakens from her coffin. A rotten log, writing with insects and riddled by mushrooms, cracks and opens to reveal the Infected Mother. Small insectoid mushbugs wander the area nearby. Unrelated, unguided, meandering things twitching through the underbrush. Their toothless mouths wrapping around mushrooms and insects, taking whatever they can find and putting it in their gummy mouths. Twitch, consume, twitch, consume, twitch, regurgitate, twitch, consume, over and over never ending, never nothing more. Dazily dancing through the day, tiny eyes distant and unblinking. After a few moments the Infested Mother found herself moving, twitching, reaching, starving. It seems hunger is not limited to just the mortal creatures tied to the Mother...

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2017, 09:02:41 pm »

Eye's black and strange taking in the world a chitter insectile and inhuman coming from their throat. Twitching and spasming as they rise and look about taking in the world smiling and it seems off....wrong their face subtly moving about.
Their "arms" moving and rising themselves upwards. Mushrooms writhing in a human-like back. One may wonder why it looked like that.

Root's pulsing and shifting in the back. A...a person would be horrified most likely think it some cruel mockery or some cruel fate that has befallen a human being. But no. It was a god and it need only be beautiful to its creations. Maybe they would be afraid. Maybe they would be in awe at the giant. Either way.

The mother..HUNGER'S

The mother twitches and spasms and smile's digging their roots into the ground and plowing through the earth like a plant moving through the earth their roots concealed in the earth. Gathering nutrient's and they watch and observe their......Children?

The Mushbug's feel strange for a moment...their brain slightly increasing..intelligence ever so slightly growing...allowing greater manipulation of feeler's...Who knows what opportunities this increased manipulation will give them.

((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 06:38:53 pm »

Herba finds that the tiny creatures living upon her surface which tickled her bark and nibbled her body and mind were starving. Herba had little concept of the idea, but as night fell and the warmth disappeared, she began to understand. The desire for another meal, and the need for it. It could push anyone to do anything, even nibble away at a god. Herba knowing this came to grow fruits so that the little ones would not need to eat at their god's body. In time, only those who ate fruit survived and those who nibbled at the leaves and bark were outcompeted. Herba felt lesser for this, unable to change with their creatures, they began to yearn for the taste of fruit. This was an unusual feeling for a god with no mouth, but was only a mild inconvenience.

The Ximus seemed to be a mostly carniverous species, eating the smaller denzens of the island. Lizards, insects, the occasional babboonfrog. In many ways they were scavengers and hunters, forced to find food when they could get it. Over time, their god ensured those with stronger sense of smell would survive. Like the Ximus, Blusius' sense of smell grew stronger. Using that smell Blusius could sense the many creatures in the water nearby. As the days passed it became clear that many unremarkable species lived in the area, as well as a twisting tentacled hunter. Occasionally a larger predator would wander in from beyond the horizon.

Nexmex began by improving the vision of his Semenitia, and so too did Nexmex's vision become more acute. The world seemed clear and easy to understand. Nexmex then created a kind of soft coral similar to a zoanthid. It grew in large colonies and grew quickly, soon smaller fish began to learn it was edible. Nexmex began to feel odd after doing this, more lethargic, wanting to stay in one place and bask in the sun. Their mind slowed slightly. It seems that creating a second species could have effects upon your body, and you grow somewhat closer to being more like the soft coral.

Tri-tirr makes moderate changes to the social life of the lizards. No longer are burrows created whever the lizards happen to be at dusk, but instead they are dig in centralized locations with each lizard pair having their own burrow. This leads to interesting social interactions as lizards fight for spots that their tiny minds see as best. It seems that some level of personality is also at play here. Some lizards prefer wetter soil, others dry, some like roots nearby, others detest them. There are many factors which determine the best burrow for each pair and sometimes pairs even seem to disagree over which burrow to claim and to fight for. Occasionally this leads to the dissolution of pairs, though that is rare. Tri-tirr also makes a species of mouse, which will soon become a good source of food for the lizards. The resulting backlash is immediate, Tri-tirr sprouts fur and shrinks in size, their humanoid face becoming ever so slightly mouselike. It seems claiming dominion over another or even just creating one can have unintended side effects. Considering this revelation, Tri-tirr feels the immediate instinct to hide under some leaves...

Deep thought though deeply about his actions and decided to create a swathe of insects to live in and around his pond. At the same time he made the olm more capable of hunting these insects. It takes time, but eventually the olms begin eating them and their population increases and is better fed. Deepthought is worried though, he find himself shrinking slightly and he begins to have strange insectoid thoughts. This is ultimately worrisome and makes deepthought contemplate the ramifications of expanding the life around him.

The Mother gathers nutrients for herself and observes the strange creatures around her. She wonders if they spawned from her, created by her divinity and brought into this world by her power as she created herself. Or perhaps it was the other way around, that he spirit had clung to the collective spirit of these beings and built upon it until she finally awakened. She watched them and thought, and as she thought, so did they. Their minds growing more flexible and understanding sprouting, even if but only a tiny bit. Their feelers became dexterous and the creatures began rubbing their feelers together, sharing information. If one had eaten, it could tell that to it's neighbor. The mother too felt this change and her feelers became more capable of sending simple messages if touched to another of her kind.

Glediess changes their creatures so that they are better suited to the water. Upward turned nostrils and oily coats become the norm. The new coats make the species smell worse than it did before, but allow it to enter the water and swim to nearby islands. None of them yet dare enter the ocean as of yet, but some begin to swim in the ponds and waterways of the island. Glediess creates a new species of fast growing kelp and the backlash is felt immediately. Glediess sprouts kelp from it's head and feels it's body slow, wanting to sit in the water and bask in the light...

The presence of the gods and their actions causes minor changes to the island's wildlife. New mushrooms and fruit appear on trees that had never had them before. More insects buzz in the dead of night. A strange new creature appears on the island, drawn in by the power of the gods. A hunter, hungry and full of energy. It searches for food. Does it wander into a trap, or does it capture its victims and dine in bloody fantasia? Only these coming days will tell...
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 06:51:12 pm by Roboson »

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 06:56:44 pm »

Herba decided she needed to feed her children... something more nourishing. The first step would be sight.
Herba and her children develop eyes to see the world around them.
Furthermore, the gray worm creatures will be known as Zlorkk.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 07:06:56 pm »

The Mother....react's to the stimulus almost...happily...A small smile growing as they watched the Mushbug's. Interested in their interaction...Twitching and squirming moving slowly towards one of their bug's. Excitedly moving feeler's down to touch a mushbugs feeler's to share! They wanted to know what it felt like! They were curious..the being was curious and shaking and twitching.

CJH! CJH! Kfbqm?  Kfbqm? J? J? Nps-Gfq. J Kfbqm? ZPv Nz Ebn-Jkz? 

Sound's strange and foreign chittering from them sounds unusual and excited...a...attempt. A beginning.

The mother allows herself to Vocalize and created...primitive language. The start...of a dialect known only to her. Meaning...strong and cautious But they spread their tendrils out and attempt to share. To share with a mushbug and spread the use of language. And to share information about their way of eating to the Mushbugs..maybe...their feelers could potentially while not be able to directly get nutrients from the ground be able to find things to eat in the ground? Like small insects..or potentially rooted plants like potatoes?

((Yes I just made a custom language.))
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:29:22 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 07:37:22 pm »

Adjust the Ximus once again, changing their digestive track to allow more easily for the consumption of vegetables and fruits to compliment their mainly meat diet.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 08:58:00 pm »

Slowly but surely, I work on my Semenitia's survival skills, more specifically I give them the ability to breath above water for a short while.
Next, I use my godly power to temporarily increase the fertility of all things of the water for a short while.
Finally I Take a Long hard look above the water.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 09:51:17 pm »

With food becoming plentiful, Deepthought can turn his attention towards other, less critical things.

First, change the essence that makes up the olms, allow them to grow larger and stronger, better able to hunt larger prey and swim against that damnable current!

Secondly, using his divine power, Deepthought attempts to augment the senses of the olms, granting them the ability to detect the minds of other creatures in their vicinity.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me
Pages: [1] 2