Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Omega Legion: Len and Ington verses the Anx.  (Read 9566 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Omega Legion: Len and Ington verses the Anx.
« on: September 23, 2017, 11:24:09 am »

You all grab your gear and climb into an indicated metal pod. the portal is a tight squeeze for the two bigger of you, with the Gorrilla having to go in one arm at a time. Once inside, however, it's roomy, almost as if the higher-ups were planning to send more than four of you, one of which is an eyeball. there are no windows, and the lighting is quite dim. You sit and stare at each other awkwardly.

you sit for a while. Several clunks are heard. Suddenly, you feel very nauseous and disoriented for several minutes. the pod suddenly jerks sidewways as if rammed by an angry bull. The sound is like the inside of a large bell, and you are the strikers. So naturally, yo uare not in tip top shape when the portal opens again and you look out on a short, brightly lit hallway with no corners. The other end of the little hallway is a similar portal to the one you are looking out of. You stare for a minute while you attempt to get your nausea under control, but nothing happens.

((Don't worry if you are not fully ready yet. the start of this mission will be fairly leisurely to get you familiar with the setting and all, and you will have time to finish up on-base loose ends as well. Just, I wanted to actually get you on-thread, so I went ahead and posted here.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Legion: Len and Ington verses the Anx.
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 01:03:59 pm »

Start by trying to examine the portals, the hallway and the other allies that have joined me and the ape. Then try to gaze into the near future to know what should be expecting when they said something about a "swarm". If we are going to fight against them, then having knowledge of how they look or attack would greatly help.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2017, 02:09:14 pm »

"Fucking magic."

Get out of the bell, walk down the hallway, go through the portal.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2017, 07:55:16 pm »

Before she goes she makes sure to get a small shield preferably an aegis to go with her usual fighting style. ((last base action))

Quiet. Rubbing their hair touching a small nub gently as they tried to focus.

Breathing deep and trying to get their bearings their eyes narrow.

Let's look at my allies here. Also, let's make sure I'm fine. Nothing wrong with me. Also...uh make sure my nubs are hidden behind my hair well...it would be unfortunate if my hair was tousled enough that they are visible.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:17:23 am by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2017, 10:03:08 pm »

((The giant magic eyeball intrigues me. Thus I will be PTWing here.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 07:03:18 am »

Ask around Omega for a pouch until I find one, or until the mission starts. Also ask to see who could fuse an enchantment with the steel gauntlets.

Oh and if i didnt already equip the gauntlets as well as the apron and helmet mentioned earlier, do that too.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:06:04 am by SuperDino85 »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 09:25:53 am »

Start by trying to examine the portals, the hallway and the other allies that have joined me and the ape. Then try to gaze into the near future to know what should be expecting when they said something about a "swarm". If we are going to fight against them, then having knowledge of how they look or attack would greatly help.
The portals are round doorways with round doors that seal neatly and snugly into their doorways. They have heavy hinges and a circular valve-like handle that you have to turn wit htwo hands to open. So, you know, someone else would have to turn them. You note that there is a light next to each portal: the one next you your current portal isgreen. The one next to the far portal is red. The hallway is white, appears to be metallic in nature, is about four feet in length, and has two windows - one in the floor and one in the ceiling. Your other allies are a large, surly brute of a woman with a greataxe and an arbalest, and a smaller woman with horn nubs and a tendency to strike dramatic poses and speak in monologues. Has an affinity for armor that looks like dresses, complete with giant poofy shoulders.

I believe that the one bit of farsight that i disallow in this game is future sight. Because the future lies "in the realm of Chaos." That is, it is completely undefined. Any attempt to look into the future gets basically static. I suppose very close future sight could grant a rather vague vision, but eh, I'm not going to split hairs about it. Especially since you can use that farsight in a much more direct way - by looking right at the horde. You attempt this, but you find nothing. Strange.

"Fucking magic."

Get out of the bell, walk down the hallway, go through the portal.
You climb out of the sphere and immediately fall onto the wall. Grumbling, about wizards and such, you atand up, hands bracing the floor and ceiling and step forward to teh portal. It's a short step. the portal does not open. You grumble again about sorcerers and stuff.

Before she goes she makes sure to get a small shield preferably an aegis to go with her usual fighting style. ((last base action))

Quiet. Rubbing their hair touching a small nub gently as they tried to focus.

Breathing deep and trying to get their bearings their eyes narrow.

Let's look at my allies here. Also, let's make sure I'm fine. Nothing wrong with me. Also...uh make sure my nubs are hidden behind my hair well...it would be unfortunate if my hair was tousled enough that they are visible.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aegis

hell no, you do not get "The shield of the gods." That's the exact kind of unique special item I was referring to when I said "special items do not come into Omega with you."
What are you after? the shield in your picture? a small round shield? tower shield?

The eyeball ... wearing a blue hat and a thick lens which constantly emits a small stream of bubbles, which tehn float around it, giving the impression of many tiny eyes around a singel large one ... definitely saw your nubs. Your hair was laying as flat as could be - not tousled in any way. But it lacked all it's normal volume and shininess, so the nubs stuck up throughand were clearly visible.

Hard to say if the two large ones noticed. Neither seem particularly insightful. Hard to tell if a gorilla would give a damn, anyway.

Ask around Omega for a pouch until I find one, or until the mission starts. Also ask to see who could fuse an enchantment with the steel gauntlets.

Oh and if i didnt already equip the gauntlets as well as the apron and helmet mentioned earlier, do that too.

Since we've talked in PM, I know you want a lightning enchantment on the gauntlets. You get that. The QM gives you a belt that contains eight pouches so you can store up to eight separate samples. You wear everything, but do not equip the gauntlets just yet, as it would make navigating the sphere (well, the portal actually. The sphere is roomy enough) and the hallway awkward. Those are for battle. Of course, you can equip them the moment you get into a more open area if you want, or go ahead and equip them now and risk electrocuting your allies in the tight spaces.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 01:33:07 pm »

Thaumas floats towards the woman with horn nubs

Hello, are you an imp or a demon? I can see you used to have horns.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 03:44:10 pm »

((Sorry! I was thinking video game Aegis lol! I was really tired the shield in the picture works fine.))

A slight clunking sound made manifest as the blond-haired short woman....looked up grey catlike eyes visible. Scrunched up distressed clearly at being called out? Touching their hair and twirling a bit of it in their finger they seemingly took a breath of fresh air before their voice responded. Gruff...Cautious prepared clearly and a hand already locked onto their weapon. This person clearly was...a cautious one.

"I am no Demon."

Gently parting their hair to the side-biting their lip a scar small and visible on their lip. Their nubs were made clear hair parted to the side. Conventionally she could be considered...attractive one supposes at least facially. Besides the horn nubs of course.

"I am a Tiefling....does...that bother you in any way? Do you know what a tiefling is?"
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 04:11:57 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 05:08:36 pm »

Max, leaning against the closed portal with her arms crossed, rolls her eyes.
"Drama queen."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2017, 05:09:33 pm »

I don't know what a tiefling is. Is it some kind of demon? And why would I be bothered?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2017, 05:34:10 pm »

Blinking slowly. Okay, they didn't know. Which meant they most likely....and their general attitude that they most likely wouldn't....React extremely badly. As such they gently let a smile cross their lips. Eye's gently closing before they spoke slightly warm informative and teaching they had...used this tone a few times before...they have had a few students and they certainly liked helping the younger initiates in her order.

"A Tiefling is a type of....A..."

Quietly...their voice tapers....off for a moment their eyes opening....at a loss for what to say....clearly before they managed to regain their voice.

"I..A tiefling is a half-Human. Part Fiend or Demon. My mother was a human my father an incubus..as such I inherited....some traits due to his blood within me. As for why you might be bothered.....People dont really like tieflings...due to how they are usually conceived and a preconceived notion that Tieflings follow after their..demonic lineages."

Sitriana ignores Max's little comment.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 05:55:35 pm »

Hybrids? Oh, like demonspawns? Then, why do you lack horns?

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »

Quietly they tap their horns and make a small sawing motion with a finger.

"I sawed them off. They used to be kinda big. I also used to have a tail. But I cut that. I suppose..I...could be called a demon spawn...But...I prefer to just be called a Knight. I was the Grandmaster of my order.
 We were dedicated to protecting the innocent to protecting people. Also, it's Sitriana."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2017, 06:17:03 pm »

You... Cut them off? That sounds horrible! Why would you do that? You should not be ashamed of your heritage, you should be proud of it and let the world know about it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7