Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: Godlike Evolution Minigame  (Read 4807 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Godlike Evolution Minigame
« on: September 21, 2017, 11:49:55 pm »

Some gods are omniscient omnipresent divine beings of unimaginable power, their will can raise worlds and smash them to bits with only a few mere thoughts. You are not one of these gods. Most gods are tiny specks of divine power which happened to coalesce into a sentient form. Small, weak, short lived, and inconsequential. Fading back into nothingness after only a few moments of life. You are not one of these gods. You find yourself somewhere in the middle, you have power, but you are weak and starving. You need sustenance and without it, soon you will fade back into the aether...

Godlike Evolution Minigame is a simple god game. You play as a fledgling god fresh off the primordial presses. Starving and weak, you build yourself a physical form to prevent yourself from dissipating into nothingness. This is only a temporary fix however. Only by creating and guiding living creatures can you stave off your eventual death. You are not dependent on worship, though it is useful and desirable. Your avatar can die, though it's much harder to kill you than normal animals. 

This is a mash-up of a God game and an Evolution game. Basically you play as a physical god who's purpose is to guide mortals from the primordial ooze to the height of civilization. Along the way you guide their evolution, and as a result, evolve yourself.

The rules are simple. Each turn you get one evolutionary action to use on your species and one minor divine act to do godly actions. While you are small and weak, your actions will be small and weak, but as your influence grows, so too shall your power. Acts, divine, evolutionary, or otherwise, cannot be hoarded. It's use it or lose it, one per turn, no rollover.
This game isn't complicated, its entirely freeform and sandbox. I hope that we create something cool and unique here. That said, certain actions may be ruled as dickmoves unsportsmanlike. Teleporting a competing god's tribal people into a volcano will be ruled as totally not cool unfair as it doesn't allow a reaction from the other god. Causing a volcano to erupt nearby and put that same god's tribe/animal population in extreme peril is however, totally legitimate.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Fun, easy, minigame. Hopefully cool things happen. That's about it.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
Re: Godlike Evolution Minigame
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2017, 11:57:17 pm »

Name of God: Glediess of the gnashing spears.

Description of vessel: could be confused with human child if one was drunk and near sighted and it was dark outside. A small humanoid creature with small eyes, slightly oversized jaws filled with sharp fishlike teeth, with mobile pointed ears and arms just slightly too short for any healthy human. Her legs are just long enough for her knees to reach her shoulders when she crouches. Her skin is a patchwork of bubblegum pink and amber. Her joints are extremely flexible, her dark blue, almost black harir is very long. She moves by rapidly leaping, and scrambling, when she bothers to move at all.

Description of starting creature: Resembles a cross between a bullfrog and a baboon, the gledins are each stand about 3 ft tall when crouched or on 4 legs and almost as tall as up, the gledins have powerful back legs, nimble hands and massive powerful jaws, their coloration is highly variable.

Personality: Paitent, yet greed glediess is willing to invest in long term projects and far flung schemes if they net her more power overall, she does not desire to cause harm but is largely apathetic about it except when it directly effects her.
OOC: will this work?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 10:51:19 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 12:03:31 am »

Name of god: Tri-Tirr
Description of physical vessel: An enormous Lizard with a human like head. His teeth are sharp like that of a predator's. His eyes are Hazel. his midlength hair is shaggy and black
Description of personality: Indiscriminately aggressive when hungry, but otherwise somewhat lazy and curious. Likes fluffy mammals and long naps.
Description of starting creature: (Keep it simple, no special traits, but still describe how it looks. "A fish" isn't enough, "A fish with red and black scales about 2 inches long" is acceptable, but close to the minimum)

A small red lizard. It digs small burrows to hide in during the night and hunts insects and such during the day. They live in pairs and are monogamous. They have a thin blue stripe down thier back. They can grow to about a foot long.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 07:55:56 pm by helmacon »
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 12:06:57 am »

Name of god: Blusius
Description of physical vessel: A black furred, humanoid canine, with three piercing yellow eyes. He stands at about three feet, with humanoid hands and feet. Often depicted wearing a flowing robe which seems to be formed from space itself - the colours of black, purple, blue, and white all mixing and swirling constantly around a large, yellow circle in the middle of his chest.
Description of personality: Blusius puts great importance on the ideas of family, loyalty, cleverness, and bravery. Kind and loving to his people, but he believes that any and all who would commit transgressions against he and his own should be dealt with by any means necessary.
Description of starting creature: A small, omnivorous, landlocked mammal which is covered in black fur. These creatures form rudimentary packs consisting of one or two males and six to seven females.

(All good here?)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:30:30 am by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 12:09:48 am »

So your vessel is physical and while it doesn't age, its still killable. And it has to eat. It will change based upon how you evolve your species too. So, what I'm saying is: being a human while you're more like a beast would be really odd.

I know I didn't really say it in the OP, but I would suggest starting off as a beastlike avatar and become more humanoid as your species does. Otherwise you'll actually devolve as your species evolves, and also you may starve (because humans, while smart, are actually really crap animals).

The world is going to be 50/50 land and water with no large continents.

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 12:19:17 am »

I changed it, but humans are actualy pretty great animals for the record. Have you heard of persistence predation?
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 12:54:25 am »

@helmacon
Looks better.

Yeah, I have heard of it. It's an incredibly costly form of hunting energy-wise. Still, it does work really well, despite being fairly (comparatively) inefficient.

I think my main point should have been "You're in charge of beasts, you should probably be similar to your beast or at least be beastlike".

@BlastoiseWarlorf, your submission is fine. You wont get depicted for a long time however, as your creatures are yet to be intelligent and probably won't be for quite a fair while.

Depending on number of submissions this will probably be first come first serve (reserving counts as long as you can edit in a submission fairly soon). If there are lots of submissions, may become random or based on creating a working ecosystem without NPC placeholders. Not sure really, depends on how it shakes out.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 12:57:13 am by Roboson »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2017, 01:31:05 am »

Oh, I made myself a humanoid thing  with hopes of becomeing more reptilian or insectile over time, did I do it wrong?

I can definitely remake her beasts though,  but for the last week or so I've been desperately want to do anything where I could create a character that was basically a human halfway on the way to evolving into a Pac-Man toad.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2017, 11:11:45 am »

That's fine, the depiction is more set in place for later.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2017, 11:50:20 am »

Name of god: Nexmex nemetia
Description of physical vessel: A many tentacled thing, with three eyes. It is colored mostly dark red and black. It bears many mouths upon its tentacles.
Description of personality: it is Slow to anger, and quick to twist a defect into an improvement.
Description of starting creature: Four tenticals, one large eye, beak on the other side. Colored blue and gold.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2017, 06:14:37 pm »

Name of god: Herba
Description of physical vessel: A large palm tree with eyes and vinelike arms. Its roots can move it around.
Description of personality: Lazy but quick to anger.
Description of starting creature: Gray wormlike creatures with legs.

((Anything wrong with this entry?))

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2017, 06:25:27 pm »

Looks good so far. I don't see any issues with these submissions.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2017, 06:34:58 pm »

Sure, I'll join in on this too if you're up with more. I'll edit this with an actual sheet in a bit, just let me write one up Annnnnnnd done.

Name of God: Deepthought
Description of Physical Vessel: A large, pale skinned amphibious salamander, Deepthought has extreme resemblance over the species they have decided to guide, with the exception of being much larger and with an amount of intelligence.
Description of Personality: Deepthought is obsessed with the History of their species, and personally remembers every event of great note that has occurred to them.
Description of Starting Creature: A pale skinned amphibious salamander, sporting external gills and tiny limbs. They're about 20 millimeters long at most.

There, this looks ok right?
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 06:56:23 pm by Jilladilla »

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2017, 09:03:12 pm »

Yes. It looks good to me. This game will likely start tomorrow.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2017, 09:23:40 pm »

Yes. It looks good to me. This game will likely start tomorrow.

So my carnivorus, frog like girl and her miniture eneteledont type beasts will work?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6