Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44429 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #195 on: October 07, 2017, 04:39:34 am »

I actually did it, got a guy's personal mission done... Was actually to save my guy who got captured on the how did you last die thread, was his father. Retired them both actually, glad their story's done, odd as it may have been.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 07, 2017, 03:27:51 pm »

I''ve played this a bunch, it's a fun little game. it's certainly better if you have friends on steam playing it too, since you can get personal missions to rescue their guys (and thus get them in your game) as well as find retired guys(/w mission done)'s items.
you can add me on steam(steamcommunity.com/id/Rift) if your interested, i'm sure i've had at least a few guys captured, and got a half dozen retired items so far. Certainly i could use some more steam friends to steal acquire items/characters from.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 07, 2017, 08:57:06 pm »

I don't understand how liberation works. Not from a mechanical perspective, but from an in-game perspective. So you did a bunch of missions for people who wanted stuff (or wanted to get someone killed) and then... you just get a station? No fight, no hijacking (except for the fortress) just walk in and get handed the key. Plus no one ever wants those stations back. What is up with that?  :-\
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 07, 2017, 09:58:48 pm »

i donno, There seems to be some idea that your inspiring/converting people by doing missions (hence why it gets less effective as you finish a bunch and reach hero-plateau level).. some idea that "average smuck A" did a mission for the rebels, you could too! The more 'non-heroic' figures that become heroes the bigger following we have.. and presumably then those stations.. so inspired by our cast of inspiring heroes is either conquered by our now bigger rebel group or enough rebel internally.. atleast thats how my headcannon has it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 07, 2017, 10:13:31 pm »

I mean, the easy answer here is "gameplay reasons". Used to be you had to capture a bunch of ships and then play a mission as a character from the place you're liberating, but apparently that was too involved so you get a little abstract bar that fills up.

el Indio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 08, 2017, 10:39:18 pm »

I am looking to add friends to expand on the gameplay.

My steam name is " a lovely butterfly "

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 08, 2017, 11:32:39 pm »

Neat trick: if you use a slipstream, you run fast enough to smash windows with your face, no bullets or wrench needed.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 08, 2017, 11:34:17 pm »

Neat trick: if you use a slipstream, you run fast enough to smash windows with your face, no bullets or wrench needed.

Oh cool. So you could walk into a ship with nothing but slipstreams and theoretically do everything except hijacking?
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 08, 2017, 11:35:43 pm »

Let the guards see you, lure them to a window room, break the window with your face. :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 08, 2017, 11:57:23 pm »

Yeah but how do you kill the pilot?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 09, 2017, 12:22:58 am »

The question is how do you hijack a ship using only slipstreams when the guards are armed only with melee weapons? :P

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 09, 2017, 01:17:01 am »

Re: slipstream missions:

I successfully did a defector mission armed with only a 3-use rechargable slipstream (well I had some other stuff but I never used them). It was a pain, though - I had to reload the mission a bunch of times because it took a while to figure out where to pause and let the slipstream recharge. Getting out would have been easy except it was a big ship and it took the guards ~30 seconds to kick me out. It would have been a bit easier if the guards had lethal weapons, though, since I could have goaded them into shooting the engines.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 09, 2017, 08:48:01 am »

Huh, this trick seems a little op. Grab two self recharging visitors. You now can teleport wherever you want within their range unlimitedly with no drawbacks. Visitor to the spot you want to end up, the visitor with the other right beside it. You'll remain at the destination of the first visitor. If they're self recharging you can do any stealing mission with nothing but ghost in everything.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

amjh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 09, 2017, 11:56:17 am »

Spoiler: Help, I got stuck! (click to show/hide)
The truly amazing thing for me here is that a 6 page thread can be created of exceedingly high quality, simply because a group of manic depressive, schizophrenic midgets were able to milk a cow.
Argblarg 5 am not all tiles are done what the

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 09, 2017, 01:36:29 pm »

One little qustion: how on Earth this dumb little thing can lag more the freaking DARK SOULS!?  Dark souls lags so much it's borderline unplayable. THIS lags so much, that even clicking on something in main menu can be trouble. HOW!?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 23