Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23

Author Topic: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami  (Read 44423 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Heat Signature: SuperHotline Space Miami
« Reply #90 on: September 25, 2017, 10:13:53 pm »

He was laying on the floor surrounded by armored dudes pointing guns at him. Then a grenade flew into the room. Then he died. RIP.

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 25, 2017, 10:19:29 pm »

I'm a little disappointed no one is getting my items/characters. I spend all my money on mystery boxes to get the best loot possible out there. There's should be a free self-charging awesome key cloner out there for you guys. 
And please stop with the longblades ::) hahahaha

Also found out that those switcher teleporter things can be used on corpses.

I knew there was some tip I forgot to mention here. Every time I post I can't remember what I is.
Discovering this made me really happy. I've abused it a few times.

Also, did you guys notice that Warzone missions, killing the pilot might make you evade the attacking ship, and that you can also kill the enemy ship to prevent it from ruining the mission ship? I'm glad missiles don't come from nowhere!
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 25, 2017, 10:30:35 pm »

I was lucky enough to have to steal something on a ship being fired upon and been in the subsection with it as it was blown off the rest of the ship. Made it hella easy. And Sexcalibur is the best killing tool I've had, good sir!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 11:47:49 pm »

Only time I've gotten hurt in a window was when there were a bunch of swords littering the floor of the room. I've had some frustrating situations where my rescue target doesn't get sucked out but I do, though.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 26, 2017, 04:16:37 am »

I've had some frustrating situations where my rescue target doesn't get sucked out but I do, though.

I actually had this happen earlier. I think if you hop out of the ship, it just stops simulating everything inside somewhat. ... Though I discovered you can actually reenter through windows because of this. Since I got frustrated, hopped back in my pod, then went ramming speed at the window and jumped out before impact. I actually flew through the window and landed inside the ship.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 26, 2017, 06:38:09 am »

How do you throw yourself out of your own pod?

Sidenote: There is no way to throw a wrench, right?

_______

I'm about ready to start self-challange once this galaxy is free - like, only glitcher traps, nothing else - or only swappers  or moving the entire crew into one room to super-vent.

_______

I also wish you could boost your inventory slots, like, one galaxy made free = one extra slot

AND:

It would be amazing if there was just, like, double missions - Steal X and Kill Z, Destroy 2 ships, Space 15 at once (to send a message) and steal Z...

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 26, 2017, 09:06:20 am »

I think you can throw yourself out the pod with t. I know you can toss the wrench though. As for more inventory slots... while I wanna hold all the items I think I already have nearly everything on my current character to take on any challenge.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 26, 2017, 09:30:34 am »

Throwing wrenches is literally a required part of the tutorial, right? Make sure it's equipped to left or right mouse, then press t.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2017, 09:50:06 am »

Ayyo Egan, Hasty Exit or whatever you called it saved my life, but not for escaping.

See, when I kill pilots, I tend to put ships into a deathspin. There was a room full of dudes with shields and armor and I chucked one of the things in with them. It was a more central room in a massive glitcher ship. So a minute or two later I'm in an outer room when some scrub shoots at me. It missed and I laughed at the guy until I got sucked into the void through the now-missing window behind me. Thanks to the ship's slight momentum and the spin it was in though, I wound up getting sucked into one of the rooms neighboring the one I detonated. Went on to complete the mission handily. Thanks, my dude!

My current character is also on a quest to rescue Orange Psalm. Which one of you is Execute/Dumbo.exe again? I'll try not to blow them up, but I can't make any promises.

EDIT: Oh, and I've decided this character is only going to do hijack missions, but needs to take them regardless of difficulty and loadout. So far I've had a couple tough ones that required hella creativity. It's great for building skill, I think. I'd suggest everyone try something similar at least once.

EDIT EDIT: Well they died when I went towards a ship and before it zoomed in enough for me to see what was going on I got blasted. Then I held F instead of D because I forgot where my fingers were. Oh well, Now I'm gonna try to save Breaker Craze for Egan.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 11:27:43 am by Man of Paper »

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2017, 11:35:00 am »

I had a fucking impossible personal mission. Everyone had shields. Not emergency shields, but always on fuck you shields, and I had to kill some guy at the other side of the station.  I tried to load up on crashbeams and subverters, but... bleh.  I ended up getting captured.

How do you deal with shielded guys?  Are there any weapons that can take them out easily, like armored piercing, or do you have to crash the shields first?  Do explosives work?

Also, if you rescue someone, does their personal mission change?
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2017, 11:40:56 am »

Things that have worked for me with shielded guys:
  • Crashbeams and Subverters
  • Breach Grenades
  • The Brick
  • And my personal favorite: Stealth Shields
It's just not worth trying to shoot your way through a personal mission, unless it's just armored guards. It's generally better to just slip past shielded guards.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2017, 11:48:40 am »

I tend to use windows and glitch traps against dudes I can't fight head-on. When it comes to personal missions with shieldmens I try to combine Subverters, Crashbeams, and Sidewinder/Slipstream combos. Snort some of that slipstream, pop up behind whoever's got the card I need, then fuck off out of sight while everyone's confused. Taking a break from saving Breaker Craze to try out a dude who started with two Quickfire Guns. Picked up a slipstream from some poor bastards on the first ship he hopped on, so it smells like Gun Kata in here.

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2017, 11:53:23 am »

I've done a number of missions with guards I cannot kill, either armored or shielded, although shielded is worse if you don't have any way to deal with it.

Like immaterial said, just avoiding as many as you can is an important strategy.

If I have to kill someone under those circumstances, I use a window or a fuel tank explosion. 
Of course, if you can get a crashbeam or subverter, save those for the times when you must kill a shielded guard right now.

For armored guards without AP, they're a bit easier to deal with.  Sure, you can't incapacitate them directly, but they still get staggered.  So a couple wrench hits and a shotgun blast will send them flying out the window, assuming you already broke it.  If you didn't, it's even easier!

Staggering armored guards is a good way to buy time even if you don't have anything to push them into.  They can't attack you while they're staggering.

All perma-shielded guard personal missions seem kind of common.  But 5 charges of crashbeam or subverter ought to do the trick, if you're creative and stealthy. 

Don't forget, you can lure guards wherever you want them to go, without even setting off an alarm.  Just let them catch a glimpse every so often.

Has anyone had any luck forcing their way in through a window with the normal pod? The windows are easy to spot, of course, but getting yourself to eject in the right direction, and then popping the window(You have to shoot the window, right?) seems tricky.  But it seems like a really cool way to shortcut a mission.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2017, 12:08:40 pm »

Try to take the "Get X to pay Y" personal missions, they pay like 1000+ every time and you can spam mystery crates until you get something good to retire with.

PS: I finished a entire galaxy without throwing anything (except nades) or subverting a door then...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:11:14 pm by ThtblovesDF »

Gabeux

• Bay Watcher
  • Addicted to building stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2017, 12:28:11 pm »

Saved Benetto Voidborn, the idiot.

Nice, you saved my character!
Unfortunately, that was the one I lost on purpose, so you won't get any good items from hi..  :-[

I've been playing around with The Brick and it's pretty cool, but most missions will reach the time limit once I hit a ship :/
It honestly feels like a lot of their problems came from the fact that their entire team was composed of cats, and the people who were supposed to be herding them were also cats.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 23